ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Douglass says Lori held a $2 million life insurance policy.
On Aug. 12, she changed the policy so her son Colby was 100% beneficiary.' ( Nate Eaton's tweet, up there)

So they'd decided to kill T & JJ by Aug 12th?

The trials have been delayed so long that I can't remember if there's evidence of a murder plan at an earlier date than Aug 12th.

I agree, the non-Chad phone calls show how assertive, defiant, defended Lori was, even when questioned by those closest to her: her son, her best friend. She never mentions it being Chad's idea, she never mentions him at all!

She always says she was the one who saw Jesus and Maroni, she knows where the children are (not, 'Chad knows and I trust Chad completely').

Even when she learned they'd been buried on Chad's property, she never references Chad to Colby. She essentially confesses it was her decision, she was their mother and she knew what was best for them.

I wouldn't exactly say Chad had power over her, I think Chad's teachings empowered her to believe she had divine authority. She wanted to be married to Chad, so she wanted to please him, to make the marriage work, but I don't think she was just a hypnotized devotee. This is why it is a conspiracy - it took the 2 of them together.

For example, near his death Alex had a sense that possibly 'they' - meaning Lori & Chad - may have used him. He didn't say 'he', ie Chad alone.

JMO
I don't think Chad "had power over her," either; I think that the difference in those phone calls shows that she knew exactly what she was doing. Her demeanor toward him was exactly the soft-spoken, goddess-in-need-of-protection-by-a-big-strong-man, I'll-do-whatever-you-ask-of-me devotee that she knew would appeal to an aspiring cult leader.

Chad increased Tammy’s life insurance as they were getting rid of Tylee…

Tammy’s life insurance increase was requested Sept. 8, 2019. Douglass says after Tammy died, Chad made most large purchases including a family trip to Knott’s Berry Farm.

Very sloppy the prosecution didn't say Tammy's life insurance was increased from $what? to $what? Details matter when dealing with financial matters. Or is that information being with held for some reason?

I agree, the non-Chad phone calls show how assertive, defiant, defended Lori was, even when questioned by those closest to her: her son, her best friend. She never mentions it being Chad's idea, she never mentions him at all!

She always says she was the one who saw Jesus and Maroni, she knows where the children are (not, 'Chad knows and I trust Chad completely').

Even when she learned they'd been buried on Chad's property, she never references Chad to Colby. She essentially confesses it was her decision, she was their mother and she knew what was best for them.

For example, near his death Alex had a sense that possibly 'they' - meaning Lori & Chad - may have used him. He didn't say 'he', ie Chad alone.

JMO
Snipped and bold by me for emphasis.

I 100% agree with you, Cedars. The jail phone call between Colby and Lori was made AFTER Tylee and JJ's bodies were recovered, and Colby is desperately giving LVD a chance to explain, make excuses, and/or take responsibility.

LVD does say she knows what happened to the kids. She says that Tylee and JJ know 'EXACTLY WHAT' happened: ""They love me and they are fine and they know the truth and 'WE' are the only people that do."

LVD isn't shocked that her children's bodies were found in her new husband's backyard. She doesn't blame anyone ELSE - not Alex, not Chad - for doing it and not telling her. She blames Colby, Summer, her parents, law enforcement and the FBI for not understanding the situation.

I accidentally hit SAVE before finishing this post and it didn't make sense. That is why I went back and edited.

Last edited:
But to believe AC and/or CD were acting alone (not conspiring with LVD), the jury would have to believe that LVD honestly thought AC and/or CD hid the kids away somewhere for their own safety AND YET for some reason she did not have the normal, rational, human (not to mention maternal!) reactions of shock, horror, and thirst for justice when it became clear that that was factually NOT true.

I can't see anyone truly believing that after hearing that phone conversation with Colby they played today.
Plus, everyone who was killed/died was related to LV except Tammy. None were related to Chad except Tammy.

LV is the centrifuge.

Plus, everyone who was killed/died was related to LV except Tammy. None were related to Chad except Tammy.

LV is the centrifuge.
Everybody who was killed also brought a financial benefit to both. ( and we just heard today that Chad couldn't/wouldn't even purchase his own air tickets or burner phones)

also.....
Not sure who originated the ' rule' but when LV tried to recruit her old Hawaiian pal to the group, she told the friend ' you'll have to leave your kids behind.'
This might have been Chad's rule?

edited to add: I still haven't seen the Netflix & I guess we'll never know the truth but I'd still like to know when they switched from a plan to abandon the kids to a plan to totally eliminate them. (Nate Eaton reported today that they found the last refill for JJ's medication was in January 2019. (Is that related to a plan to kill or some other reason?)

Last edited:
Trial seems to be going quicker than expected. Little if no cross from defense on witnesses.
btw, yesterday Lori Hellis said that she thinks the trial will be quicker than scheduled.

While I appreciate that the evidence against LV is already really overwhelming, am getting a feeling that the Defence cannot be bothered.
Why though?

btw, yesterday Lori Hellis said that she thinks the trial will be quicker than scheduled.

While I appreciate that the evidence against LV is already really overwhelming, am getting a feeling that the Defence cannot be bothered.
Why though?
The defense think they already won something by getting the DP off the table. I'm glad Lori isn't defended by MM any more. He would turn this trial into a circus.

Everybody who was killed also brought a financial benefit to both. ( and we just heard today that Chad couldn't/wouldn't even purchase his own air tickets or burner phones)

also.....
Not sure who originated the ' rule' but when LV tried to recruit her old Hawaiian pal to the group, she told the friend ' you'll have to leave your kids behind.'
This might have been Chad's rule?
"This might have been Chad's rule?"

I don't know. However, despite that Chad's pickup line over the years was that "his wife was going to die soon"; until Chad got together with Lori he didn't have Tammy raise her life insurance policy. We KNOW Lori was very much into life insurance (as well as social security benefits). I am amazed at how many bank accounts, insurance policies, and financial benefits for multiple people, Lori was able to set up, keep track of, and juggle. She definitely was coherent and fully mentally functioning to keep track of all that, and to make sure SHE is the one who ended up with the money to spend on whatever her heart desired.

My own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member