ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, yesterday Lori Hellis said that she thinks the trial will be quicker than scheduled.

While I appreciate that the evidence against LV is already really overwhelming, am getting a feeling that the Defence cannot be bothered.
Why though?
I think defence made it clear from their very awkward opening speech that they (counsel) aren't saying she didn't do it, they're saying make sure the state's evidence proves it.

That is damning for Chad! He was sending money to his kids as his property was being searched. To me, that clearly shows Chad knew what (who) was buried there, and he knew to get money moved out of his account fast.. Funny that this is one of the first things he thinks of. I can't say that my first thought upon police searching my property would be to send my kids money and almost empty my bank account. These people were so weirdly focused on money!!!

I agree, the non-Chad phone calls show how assertive, defiant, defended Lori was, even when questioned by those closest to her: her son, her best friend. She never mentions it being Chad's idea, she never mentions him at all!

She always says she was the one who saw Jesus and Maroni, she knows where the children are (not, 'Chad knows and I trust Chad completely').

Even when she learned they'd been buried on Chad's property, she never references Chad to Colby. She essentially confesses it was her decision, she was their mother and she knew what was best for them.

I wouldn't exactly say Chad had power over her, I think Chad's teachings empowered her to believe she had divine authority. She wanted to be married to Chad, so she wanted to please him, to make the marriage work, but I don't think she was just a hypnotized devotee. This is why it is a conspiracy - it took the 2 of them together.

For example, near his death Alex had a sense that possibly 'they' - meaning Lori & Chad - may have used him. He didn't say 'he', ie Chad alone.

JMO
To add my thoughts to this: Lori was manipulating Chad as much as he was manipulating her. The sweet voice she uses with him was just to keep him entranced. She doesnt want him turning against her.

I recall one of the texts/emails we saw over the years (not yet in the trial, if it comes in at all) was Lori telling Chad something like "You are married so I guess that is how it will be, you can't spend time with me, and that is fine, I will move on." I am heavily paraphrasing but it was apparent that her note to Chad was very much a "choose me or choose her" note.

'Douglass says Lori held a $2 million life insurance policy.
On Aug. 12, she changed the policy so her son Colby was 100% beneficiary.' ( Nate Eaton's tweet, up there)

So they'd decided to kill T & JJ by Aug 12th?

The trials have been delayed so long that I can't remember if there's evidence of a murder plan at an earlier date than Aug 12th.
Who was the beneficiary before Lori changed it to 100% Colby? Charles?

That is damning for Chad! He was sending money to his kids as his property was being searched. To me, that clearly shows Chad knew what (who) was buried there, and he knew to get money moved out of his account fast.. Funny that this is one of the first things he thinks of. I can't say that my first thought upon police searching my property would be to send my kids money and almost empty my bank account. These people were so weirdly focused on money!!!
yeah he probably looked through the veil and thought *advertiser censored* I'll be done for life insurance fraud on Tammy, my account will be the first thing they freeze and I'll have no money for a defense!

yeah he probably looked through the veil and thought *advertiser censored* I'll be done for life insurance fraud on Tammy, my account will be the first thing they freeze and I'll have no money for a defense!
but wouldn't he still have the $400K left in his account ( While back, it was reported he received 430K LI from that policy.)

This was probably the biggest sum he'd ever given any of the kids, ever. Trying to buy them? Just a thought

"This might have been Chad's rule?"

I don't know. However, despite that Chad's pickup line over the years was that "his wife was going to die soon"; until Chad got together with Lori he didn't have Tammy raise her life insurance policy. We KNOW Lori was very much into life insurance (as well as social security benefits). I am amazed at how many bank accounts, insurance policies, and financial benefits for multiple people, Lori was able to set up, keep track of, and juggle. She definitely was coherent and fully mentally functioning to keep track of all that, and to make sure SHE is the one who ended up with the money to spend on whatever her heart desired.

My own opinion.
yes agree, she was the experienced hand when it came to fraud.

personal view is that they're both as bad as each other & I find it hard to agree with the ' she changed because/once she met Chad' ( I accept she may have become more unhinged over time)

CROSS-EXAMINATIONS SO FAR UPDATE!
Kay W
- Defense asked why she wanted LVD to raise JJ in the first place*
Brandon B - Defense tried to raise doubt about why MP was divorcing him, whether he'd really seen what he thought he saw with the Jeep
Ray H - Defense asked whose weapons were in garage***; pointed out that LVD was in HI when TD was killed***
Joe P - Defense pointed out that he couldn't hear what CD & LVD were discussing; pointed out that LVD was in HI when TD was killed***
Melanie G - Defense wants entire testimony struck; asks about LVD's church participation, things she did for JJ*; asks about religious beliefs**
Zulema P - Defense asks about religious beliefs**
Colby R - Defense asks about church participation, things LVD did for her kids*
Ariel W - Defense asks who called 911 and clarifies that JJ & TR were both in car at Burger King stop

* "But she's a great mom" defense
** "But CD brainwashed them!" defense
*** "But CD and/or AC were acting on their own!" defense

---------------

MOO - I honestly have no clue what the point of Ariel W's cross-examination questions were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper