ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well found! I thought'd they all been deactivated. ( D Warwick did a few in the same series? I vaguely remember a couple)

I've the first two minutes of it, just now.
Straight off the bat he introduces Melanie Gibb as a great gatherer. ( Melanie- David Warwick's intended)

But a few hours ago David Warwick testified that he says that he challenged Daybell that nobody except the Prophet had the authority to Gather

and ' Archibald asks Warwick if he wants to be part of the 144,000. Warwick says it would be an honor but it's nothing he is seeking. Warwick says Chad did not have the authority to gather.' ( he repeats something similar - in MG's presence - when they all go off to view the parcel of land for the new church)

all very contradictory & confusing

Kresha (Difficult Research) has a playlist of his talks. I listened to a couple of them before the doc dump. I found DW and MS the hardest to listen to.

Last edited:
I picture LVD in her cell, working on casting bad juju on everyone who testified. That is the only power she has left.

They (CD and LVD) were probably elated by the Pandemic. Thinking that was "it", and only the good would be saved. And now, they are waiting for the next catastrophe.

I picture LVD in her cell, working on casting bad juju on everyone who testified. That is the only power she has left.

They (CD and LVD) were probably elated by the Pandemic. Thinking that was "it", and only the good would be saved. And now, they are waiting for the next catastrophe.
I would love to read the 'note's she is writing in court!

David W:

Can I just say that nobody who slipped and listened 45 minutes of testimony out of concern for his stressed out wife (yeah right) can fluently rattle off 2 of the handful of of outlets that would have published it, and not even be sure which one he accessed.

I don't believe it, and I wonder if anyone is speculating as to what he may have hoped would be in the testimony or not in the testimony.

He didn't lock-step match Melanie's account of the "don't tell Tammy" convo. But he didn't dramatically change it, either.

MOO.
I believe that circumstantial evidence is more credible if it isn't perfectly matched.

SPEAKERS AT THE LVD TRIAL
for PROSECUTION / DEFENSE

LESLIE BLAKE: STATE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statement: "The defendant used money, power, and sex to get what she wanted. It didn't matter what it was."

JAMES ARCHIBALD: DEFENSE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statement: "The evidence will show Lori was a kind and loving mother."

KAY WOODCOCK: STATE WITNESS, grandmother of JJ (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr10)
CV's life insurance (Feb 2019), JJ's disappearance (Aug 2019), wedding items on CV's Amazon account (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that KW asked LVD to raise JJ

BRANDON BORDEAUX: STATE WITNESS, ex-husb of LVD’s niece (summary 1, audio Apr10)
attempted shooting from Jeep (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: questions why MP thought BB was gay, questions BB’s observations of shooting

RAY HERMOSILLO: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, audio Apr11, Apr12)
Jeep surveillance, welfare check & search warrants (Nov 2019), discovery of JJ & TR bodies (Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: questions whose weapons were in garage, establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

JARED WILLMORE: STATE WITNESS, Madison Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
CD & LVD prison phone call as bodies were discovered (Jun 2020)

JOE POWELL: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
surveillance on CD & LVD (Nov 2019), exhumation of TD's body (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

MELANIE GIBB: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, audio Apr13) OBJ
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; CD & LVD's phone call with MG (Dec 2019), MG & DW's visit to LVD's on last day JJ was seen (Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

NATHAN DUNCAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr13, Apr14)
shooting of CV (Jul 2019), CD's call to mortuary (Jul 2019), CD's blessing to AC (Jun 2019), "CV"'s email to CD & CV's emails to TD (Jun 2019), texts from CV to LVD (Jul 2019), texts between CD & LVD about CV's insurance (Jul 2019), AC's "2manykids" text to LVD (Sep 2019)

ZULEMA PASTENES: STATE WITNESS, wife of AC (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr14, Apr18)
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; "Idiot can't do anything right by himself" on night TD was shot at (Oct 2019), "I think I'm being their fall guy" (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

COLBY RYAN: STATE WITNESS, son of LVD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18)
financial issues; prison phone call between CR & LVD (Jul? 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

MIKE SAARI: STATE WITNESS, Social Security Administration (summary 1, audio Apr18)
social security payments

CHUCK KUNSAITIS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18, Apr19)
bank statements, prescriptions, flights

MIKE DOUGLASS: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, audio Apr19)
timelines of financials

SCOTT COWDEN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler FD paramedic (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
AC did not provide CPR to CV after shooting (Jul 2019)

AIREL WERTHER: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
following up with LVD after CV's death (Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC called 911, establishes that JJ & TR were both with LVD day of shooting

SANDRA YNCLAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
interviewed LVD & TD after CV's death (Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC was not arrested after CV’s death

APRIL RAYMOND: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, audio Apr19)
*exclusionary issue - listened to Jason Lum’s interview with a cousin of LVD
LVD & TR's stay in HI, LVD was "done with JJ" (Feb 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

NATHAN MOFFATT: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, audio Apr20) OBJ
CV’s death & inconsistencies in interviews (Jul 2019)

SYDNEY WOODBURY SCHENK: STATE WITNESS, JJ’s babysitter (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Babysitting JJ (18-19 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought she would be babysitting JJ long-term

JOSH WILSON: STATE WITNESS, Kennedy Elementary Principal (summary 1, audio Apr20)
JJ’s school attendance in Rexburg (3-20 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought JJ would be attending school there long-term

WYNN HILL: STATE WITNESS, BYU-I Dean (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TR never applied or enrolled at BYU-I

DAVID WARWICK: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD & husband of MG (summary 1, audio Apr20)
*exclusionary issue - listened to 45m of wife MG’s testimony - OBJ
Introduced to LVD by MG in AZ (Aug 2019), visit to LVD’s in Rexburg (20-23 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs/visions

BRUCE MATTINGLY: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Seized electronic evidence from Daybell home (Jan 2020)

BENJAMIN DEAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI analyst (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TD’s cell phone data, including raccoon text (9 Sep 2019)

DAVE STUBBS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Travel records, email, Fitbit, prescription, cell phone, insurance records; search for TR’s Jeep & welfare check (Nov 2019)

Here is the first Time to Warrior Up podcast with JM, LV, and MG. I think it is the only one that did not get completely disappeared. 52 minutes of your life you will never get back.

Lol. Thank you. I don’t want to lose 52 minutes of my life.

I’ve also been following the Gannon Stauch murder case and listening to his step monster mother-murderer has take years off the life I have left.

I’m done with the crazies.
Put them in prison already.?

Can anyone explain why the trial is for Lori Norene Vallow and not Lori Vallow Daybell? Is it possible their Hawaii marriage wasn’t legal? Or did she just not change her name? Why would she choose to keep the name Vallow?
Her desire was to use the name Daybell.
I’m thinking maybe their marriage was never registered with the courts and maybe his lawyer didn’t want her to use it. I dunno.

Websleuths has acquired the audio to the Daybell trial starting with yesterday's audio,.April 20th 2023. We are running a livestream on our Websleuths YouTube account and the chat is open.
We will do this every day. We receive the recording from the court a few hours after court ends for the day. We will play the whole audio the next day and have a chat open if you would like to join in.
Please hit the subscribe button on our channel and hit the thumbs up. It really helps us. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR LIVE CHAT ON YOUTUBE PLEASE TOUCH THE PICTURE. THAT WILL BRING UP A BIGGER PICTURE WITH MORE OPTIONS. YOU WILL SEE "YOUTUBE" IN THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER. YOU MUST HIT THE "YOUTUBE" IN THE LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER AND THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE LIVE CHAT.
If you do not want to join the live chat then just hit the play button and you can listen that way.

I never heard any of the infamous podcasts, though I tried to make it through the one posted above, so maybe I missed it, but didn’t anybody do the engineering for basics like sewage disposal for this massive tent city? Or was the goddess going to wave her dainty hand and dismiss all that nasty mortal stuff? Surely if you were hoping to be “gathered,” you would question such things. What am I missing?

"We don't like to camp, so we're never going to be in the tents, Melanie." -Lori Vallow

This quote is from MG in the June 22, 2020 Dateline episode.

The payments of $8,000 were made to his three oldest children and one is female.

Chad made the payments when he was sitting in his car while LE was digging up the yard.

This is just a guess but I think he ran out of time to send money to his two youngest kids. He sped away when le found the kids. Either that or there was no banking info for the youngest. Jmo
As I recall the youngest was out of country serving a mission for his Church.

I believe Chad was diversifying his assets. I'm guessing at least part of that money was from Tammy's life insurance and he was hoping it wouldn't be seized if he 'gifted' it to his children. Or, he was hoping it could be used to help post bail and/or secure legal counsel for his imminent arrest.

I'm leaning towards bail and/or legal counsel. He sent the money as LE were digging up his backyard in search of the only thing that could possibly be found there - the murdered children. Also, he split the money equally between 3/5 children. One was out of country and wouldn't be able to help him, and the other 4 he may have questioned one or more of their loyalties... If he gave all the money to just one, and that one turned on him, then he risks losing it all. However, if he splits it up equally between his most loyal children then that increases the likelihood that at least one of his children will have money to come to his aid.

Either way, if he was doing it as a way to protect Tammy's life insurance, or if he was doing it as surety for legal issues, it does show consciousness of guilt. If he suspected he'd lose Tammy's life insurance monies then he knew he had obtained it illegally through murder and/or fraud and it could be seized. If he was doing it for bail and/or to secure an attorney then it demonstrates that he knew exactly what police would find by digging up his backyard and just how damning that was.

JMHO.

I'm still not sure that either CD or LVD saw these as crimes or ever will.

The depersonalization that begins with the "light/dark scale" moves quickly into the full-on zombification / dehumanization that allows for inhuman bodies to be freed of their demon hosts.

It's a simple, stupid cruel program designed to provide easy, blanket justifications for a host of crimes ranging all the way to genocide and it can be bolted onto any number of existing belief systems.

It seems clear to me that both LVD and CD are self-serving vainglorious grifters bored with their lives and dreaming of power and rewards way beyond their grasp -- but I don't see either ever admitting that.

Nope -- they're martyrs, persecuted for their beliefs, held before an earthly court whose authority they don't recognize, and retaining their mission to lead the 144,000 and be exalted once their higher power steps in or the world realizes its mistake.

These two are a lost cause. I would argue that they should be forgotten except that it seems like their fates might be salutary for communities who would prefer they be forgotten.

THIS :)

I think either AC saw the writing on the wall and that he was going to get pinned for all the evil he had done for Lori, and then dumped for Chad- and he lost it and died.
Or- CD and LVD learned how to commit murder without leaving evidence on an autopsy?!

JMO
Somehow, I think if this band committed murder with a method not detected in autopsy, we would have already heard of one of them googling "How to murder without it being detected in autopsy."

I'm looking forward to the ME reports. It is plausible that the condition of Tylee's body had to do with destroying evidence. And they learned how difficult it was to build a home crematorium and didn't try for JJ.

It's also plausible the condition of Tylee was a ritual, or connected to the most perverse 2 second rule I've ever heard of. (My children asserted that it was scientifically supported that food from the floor was safe for a certain time. I think it was 2 seconds. Anyone know? Maybe that's how the leaders of the second coming came up with that phrase and number.)

I suppose they could have learned on TV about Visine or botanicals. But... I think Lori would have stated her poison of choice. She happily announced she would just poison enemies with pills.

MOO

As I recall the youngest was out of country serving a mission for his Church.

I believe Chad was diversifying his assets. I'm guessing at least part of that money was from Tammy's life insurance and he was hoping it wouldn't be seized if he 'gifted' it to his children. Or, he was hoping it could be used to help post bail and/or secure legal counsel for his imminent arrest.

I'm leaning towards bail and/or legal counsel. He sent the money as LE were digging up his backyard in search of the only thing that could possibly be found there - the murdered children. Also, he split the money equally between 3/5 children. One was out of country and wouldn't be able to help him, and the other 4 he may have questioned one or more of their loyalties... If he gave all the money to just one, and that one turned on him, then he risks losing it all. However, if he splits it up equally between his most loyal children then that increases the likelihood that at least one of his children will have money to come to his aid.

Either way, if he was doing it as a way to protect Tammy's life insurance, or if he was doing it as surety for legal issues, it does show consciousness of guilt. If he suspected he'd lose Tammy's life insurance monies then he knew he had obtained it illegally through murder and/or fraud and it could be seized. If he was doing it for bail and/or to secure an attorney then it demonstrates that he knew exactly what police would find by digging up his backyard and just how damning that was.

JMHO.
your post reminded me of something I was thinking about, so apologies for jumping off your post. Is it likely that the insurance company would want the payout back if Chad is found guilty of murder or conspiracy to murder? Or would they say that the proper beneficiaries would be her children? What happens in these sorts of cases?

Two observation-opinions:
1 Lori-Chad minimized other people and labeled them non-people, and thus expendable, making it only a matter of time until the kids would inevitably end up deadified for being in the way. But I do wonder, rather than a deliberate, planned, scripted act, were one or both of the kids killed by "heat of passion" events, particularly by Lori?

Why? Because the more we see and hear of Lori, we learn she was extremely volatile (befitting her self-glorifying approach to life). She was Little Miss Sweetness until you crossed her, and then the exact opposite. Cruel. Hard. Angry. Willing to crush. So I give her credit for the ability to be so angered that she could kill, and then clean it up later with self-delusion, lies, and whatever it took to make her feel justified.

I'm not saying that was the plan. But rather, I really think she could have gone off script, so to speak, because in the spur of the moment, she just didn't want to put up with x y or z.

2 We see a lot of talk about people who supposedly had evil spirits. Then we see these violent, volatile, utterly self-absorbed, evil people doing whatever catered to their own desires, and I truly (yes truly) wonder -- are Chad and Lori the ones who actually do have evil spirits living within them? The casual evil full-ego actions and the way they manipulate others sure seem like that's possible. Just saying.

Interesting. A heat of passion isn't first degree, though. And I have a feeling in the end of the testimony, there is going to be enough evidence to convince jurors of the conspiracy. She wasn't charged with any heat of passion killings- maybe called manslaughter in ID.

I don't agree although I liked reading this. I think Lori's sudden severe anger is just the flip side of love bombing. She usually spouts about being victimized in anger. As she escalated with Colby, she went to all the sacrifices she made for her children, and was basically accusing Colby of piling on. I think she would have turned it off instantly if Colby backed down or apologized for the accusations.

I hadn't thought of anyone in this case being physically violent for its own sake. I thought of Chad and Lori as more psychological- gas lighting- spiritual- coercive control type abusers and manipulators. But now I think Chad likes violence. His books are full of it. And he had to "see" Zulema's rape and murder in a past probation. I imagine him watching, directing and assisting Alex with Tylee's body.

MOO

your post reminded me of something I was thinking about, so apologies for jumping off your post. Is it likely that the insurance company would want the payout back if Chad is found guilty of murder or conspiracy to murder? Or would they say that the proper beneficiaries would be her children? What happens in these sorts of cases?

My guess is that the cash is long gone. Spent by CD, given away. Since the check was cut to CD, the insurance company cannot go after his kids for cash, only him. As far as I know. They can attach a judgement to his earnings from his prison job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought of that. That his children would be the entitled beneficiaries if and when Chad is found guilty. He cannot benefit from his wife's death. Not sure how their children would recover it but...
Eta If they still believe dad is innocent of murdering their mother if/when he is found guilty then I don't think they deserve their mothers inheritance. Jmo

Um, Milo has caffeine.

Speaking of caffeine... apparently, when Lori was shopping for wedding dresses and white linen men's pants on Amazon, she was also shopping for a French coffee press. (Per a video by Kresha - JJ's aunt) Maybe there are other uses for these things besides coffee??

'JJ was staying in Lori's room and Warwick was staying in JJ's room.'

I thought that Mel Gibb had since admitted that they both stayed in the same room that night?

also, I may have missed it, but I don't recall any attorney ever asking Warwick( or Gibb) what this nightmare was about. Anybody know? If you wake up in the middle of the worst nightmare of ur life, so bad you need help from other people in your house ( or you need an emergency 'blessing') wouldn't somebody ask you to recall a few details?

Basically - have always found this nightmare story a very odd coincidence

edited to add that since I posted Warwick was asked about for details ( see Nate Eaton tweets. Am none the wiser)

That and Mel's receiving a text from Lori saying she was putting JJ back to sleep are really suspicious; it is impossible for me to believe it's the truth.

It was also questionable to lie about sleeping arrangements after it was known that the children were dead. Even if the motive to lie was privacy, she should have wanted every detail reported to help LE find out what happened to the kids after enough time had passed and it was Chad's prelim.

But she is a prosecution witness, and Blake questioned her and David in a way that told the story but did not "out" the sleeping arrangements.

It is not in the prosecution's interest to open the door for defense to say- they lie for no apparent reason, and how are we to know they didn't kill JJ?

So to my surprise, the defense did not seem to want to expose lies. Defense just seemed to want to bring out the whack-a-doodle in David. I don't know why the judge allowed it so hard. I think the defense strat could have been just to change the subject from Lori and Chad not answering calls to nightmares about globalists or whatever.

Prior sure wanted to paint Mel as a liar.

I do believe that in traumatic experiences like being shaken from a cult, it can take a while to deal with and remember all the pieces. But it's been years. I don't get Melanie OR David. But I think they did fine for the prosecution.

MOO

Thanks for the feedback. I misread the info from DW in thinking he said he saw JJ alive in the morning after. But what I was thinking of, was when he spoke of when JJ was brought home before they all went to bed (at 10:30 pm). I will edit my prior post accordingly.

ETA -- If we are thinking Lori might have killed JJ that night, when visitors were there, wouldn't that fit with the idea that the moment of killing was done in a rage, on the spur of the moment? I can't see that as any sort of plan, to do it under the same roof as with guests sleeping there.
I agree that Lori is spoiled, impulsive, and, prone to fits of temper, but I also think that Chad checking for wind direction on Sept. 8, 2019, prior to Tylee being killed that same night or early the next morning [Sept. 8-9], negates Lori succumbing to a spur-of-the-moment rage. Also, the texts between Lori and Alex about "eggs" and a "terrestrial temple" on the night/morning JJ probably was killed, to me, signal a pre-planned act. I'm confused about how Chad could get out of the bed he was in with Tammy to either give David Warwick a blessing OR how Chad could leave his marital bed to meet Alex and Lori at their imaginary "temple". If my husband got out of our bed after midnight to go and do whatever, I'd ask questions.

Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member