ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible that JJ was still alive when they buried him? Or not at all possible? It might mean that he was kept in Chad's shed for a while. I would really like to have my fears laid to rest. :(

Fortunately, the answer is no.

Once the duct tape was placed over the face, JJ would have been unable to get air and he would have passed out quickly from lack of oxygen, then death very shortly after that. Like smothering with a pillow, or strangling, anything that cuts off the air supply would have the same sort of effect. The horrendous evil here is not how they killed, but that they killed him - the fact that a sweet young boy had his life taken from him by really depraved monsters who were supposed to be the ones to lovingly raise him.

From following so many crime cases, killers start off trying to burn a body completely. They don't realize it takes a high consistent temperature and a very long time. They abandon the attempt at burning and break up the body and dump or bury what's left. I'm going to guess this is what happened in this case. I hate that this happened to a beautiful young soul. Imo
I wonder how she was killed. She must have fought hard, no matter what.

Great points. It also needs to be mentioned that a plea agreement often has less to do with guilt-innocence, and more to do with the cost, hassle and risk of trying a case. Even completely innocent people sometimes make plea deals, because the evidence looks like they are guilty, even though they aren't, and they see a guarantee of only X to be a better way out than the risk of the outcome of a trial.
Yes, it's called an Alford plea, and it is made known that is the basis of the plea.

In United States law, an Alford plea, also called a Kennedy plea in West Virginia,[1] an Alford guilty plea,[2][3][4] and the Alford doctrine,[5][6][7] is a guilty plea in criminal court,[8][9][10] whereby a defendant in a criminal case does not admit to the criminal act and asserts innocence,[11][12][13] but admits that the evidence presented by the prosecution would be likely to persuade a judge or jury to find the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.[5][14][15][16][17] This can be caused by circumstantial evidence and testimony favoring the prosecution and difficulty finding evidence and witnesses that would aid the defense.

Alford pleas are legally permissible in nearly all U.S. federal and state courts, except in the state courts of Indiana, Michigan, and New Jersey, or in the courts of the United States Armed Forces.

Alford plea - Wikipedia

Fortunately, the answer is no.

Once the duct tape was placed over the face, JJ would have been unable to get air and he would have passed out quickly from lack of oxygen, then death very shortly after that. Like smothering with a pillow, or strangling, anything that cuts off the air supply would have the same sort of effect. The horrendous evil here is not how they killed, but that they killed him - the fact that a sweet young boy had his life taken from him by really depraved monsters who were supposed to be the ones to lovingly raise him.
It sounded like his nose was not taped, the defense asking if it was swabbed

were they both right handed? ( Alex & Chad?) I don't have photos of them to hand
Chad is right handed, according to the video of his preliminary hearing.

ETA: Alex is right handed as well. This comes from his police interview video where he had to draw a sketch of the scene of Charles' murder.

Last edited:
I just can’t get over them using a tool to cut into her pelvic bone. I pray she wasn’t tortured and this was just a bumbling attempt at dismemberment after she was dead. What horrible, vile people these are.
*graphic*

Vile is being too kind a description.

Regarding the chop marks on Tylee's pelvic/hip bones, I can only guess that Tylee's body was not burning quickly enough and Chad or Alex tried chopping up her pelvis into pieces with an axe perhaps attempting to hasten the burning. Really a horrible speculation and I do apologize for stating it. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper