ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'm just nosey. I think DW sounded sad (even though I did not actually HEAR him), when talking about MG living in AZ and he in UT. I really wonder HOW MG is getting along these days. Whoever called her Melanie FIBB, expressed well.
DW did say on stand that he and MG had "a distant relationship right now due to family needs". I presume that her children still live in Arizona. She wanted DW to accompany her the day she testified. That doesn't sound to me like they are separated.

"LH can attend the rest of the trial in the overflow room, but is not allowed in the main courtroom any more. She believes she has been singled out by the judge."
I'm sure she has been singled out -- and rightly so!!!

LH has worked hard to insert herself into this trial, and be considered a "party" to it (which is way over the line imo). That included going so far as to file a motion with the court in this case (which then takes up the judge's time to consider and rule on it), in which she claimed rights to be in the middle, see the evidence, and so on. She has no standing here. It's a criminal trial.

Naturally Boyce shot her down and in essence told her to go away.

Now, her trying to paint herself as some sort of mistreated martyr is imo another attempt to make this all about her, and is again nonsense that's way over the line. (Clickbait, anyone?) She complains that she has a target on her back from the judge -- but she's worked hard to put one there, and Boyce tossing her from the courtroom sure seems justified. Who knows what sort of nutty thing she might try to do next? I can't imagine any court anywhere would side with her.
Some of the best journalists in history have been thought mere pests in their heydays. LH’s focus on the lack of transparency in this case guaranteed she would earn the displeasure of Judge Boyse. We here in the Websleuths community started reacting with some alarm to all the sealed records, even about seemingly mundane things apart from evidence. I’m not ready to castigate her for butting in. Let’s observe for a while.

"LH can attend the rest of the trial in the overflow room, but is not allowed in the main courtroom any more. She believes she has been singled out by the judge."

Some of the best journalists in history have been thought mere pests in their heydays. LH’s focus on the lack of transparency in this case guaranteed she would earn the displeasure of Judge Boyse. We here in the Websleuths community started reacting with some alarm to all the sealed records, even about seemingly mundane things apart from evidence. I’m not ready to castigate her for butting in. Let’s observe for a while.
Forgive me for misspelling Judge Boyce’s name. I caught the error after the edit windows had closed.

Monday, April 24th:
*Trial continues (Day 9) (@ 8:30am – 3:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Was transferred to Ada County jail on 3/22/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial began on 4/3/23 with jury selection & ended 4/7/23. 12 jurors & 6 alternates (10 men & 8 women).
Trial began on 4/10/23 (thru 6/9/23) @ 8:30am to 3:30pm. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/30/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-5 (4/3-4/7/23) & Trial Day 1-7 (4/10-4/19/23) reference post #513 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-70.674566/page-26

4/20/23 Thursday, Trial Day 8: State witness: Chandler Police Detective Nathan Moffatt.
For more info see post #572 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-70.674566/page-29
State witness: Sydney Woodbury Schenk, babysitter.
For more info see post #573 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-70.674566/page-29
State witness: Josh Wilson, principal at Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg.
For more info see post #579 here:
State witness: Wynn Hill, Dean of Students at BYU-Idaho.
For more info see post #580 here:
State witness: David Warwick, Melanie Gibb's husband.
For more info see post #651 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-70.674566/page-33
State witness: Fremont County Sheriff's Office Det. Bruce Mattingly.
For more info see post #823 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-70.674566/page-42
State witness: FBI Intelligence Analyst Benjamin Dean.
For more info see post #824 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-70.674566/page-42
State witness: Rexburg Police Det. David Stubbs.
For more info see post #825 here:
Trial continues on Monday, 4/24/23 @ 8:30am & ends every day at 3:30pm.

*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Pretrial motions hearing on 3/2/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated.

Last edited:
Let me revise comments I made earlier about Lori Hellis, and my opinion on the restrictions placed on her in being in the courtroom.

Previously I opined that she had gone way over the line, got shot down by the judge, and any recent issues are flowing from her own wrongdoing, so to speak. But there was some pushback here in response to my words, and on further review, let me correct myself with an apology: I did overstate things!

I went back and listened to the hearing online. Boyce did allow her to be heard on the issues, and did recognize that she had the right to raise questions like "any person" does. So when I said she had no "standing," that was simply wrong.

Then there was no ruling that followed shortly thereafter. But it wasn't ignored - it was just delayed by about 6-7 weeks because of Lori competency issues.

Ultimately her blanket statement about Boyce's rulings all being wrong, and needing to be examined by HER, and the public needing to see what he sealed to decide whether it was proper, was over the top. But he himself did go back and examine her list of items that she claimed were wrongly sealed, one by one, and in some of the ones (in general, in each case, a bit under 20%), he unsealed what had been sealed for one reason or another. Did it matter? I'm guessing not, but it's just my guess. Frankly I don't want to invest dozens of hours of research time to find each of those few items and see if any matter.

As for where we are now, even though she did go to court and argue to the judge, her status in this case has NOT become any more special than any other member of the general public. She is designated by the court as having the standing of "any person."

So in the trial itself, as we go along, to the extent she fails to follow rules in some way or another, or causes disruptions in the courtroom, or otherwise shows a potential to be disruptive, she should have no reason to think she should be exempt from consequences. I'm far from the courtroom, but I hear she has stepped over some lines and caused some disruptions, and if so, she certainly should be treated accordingly.

Last edited:
DW did say on stand that he and MG had "a distant relationship right now due to family needs". I presume that her children still live in Arizona. She wanted DW to accompany her the day she testified. That doesn't sound to me like they are separated.
I didn't say they had separated.
Just it sounds ALL BUT over to me.
This is a pretty hairy time for them, they are in deep deep doo doo..together.
She is not feeling supported or a priority to him. (speculative)

Watch this space.... :-/

IMO

IMO
I don't see it like that at all. IMO they aren't in danger of being charged any time soon. MG has already renounced Chad's teachings in her first interview with Nate Eaton. She blamed the belief in multiple probations for the whole mess.

I don't see it like that at all. IMO they aren't in danger of being charged any time soon. MG has already renounced Chad's teachings in her first interview with Nate Eaton. She blamed the belief in multiple probations for the whole mess.
I don't suggest either of them are going to be charged.
They are in deep doo doo being passive witnesses to the murders. Heavy emotional burden to bare I am sure, exposed to the world ....your stupidity and deliriums.

These two are under alot of pressure. And it shows.

IMO

IMO
IMO their relationship (MG and DW) has always been long distance. Perhaps this works for them?

I don't suggest either of them are going to be charged.
They are in deep doo doo being passive witnesses to the murders. Heavy emotional burden to bare I am sure, exposed to the world ....your stupidity and deliriums.

These two are under alot of pressure. And it shows.

IMO
Again, I don't see it. They didn't know at the time that people were being murdered (remember, Lori told MG a couple of weeks later that she gave JJ to KW). To a degree they are ashamed of their past belief in Chad's doctrine but they already faced the public at Chad's preliminary hearing. There's nothing really new here.

Last edited:
Again, I don't see it. They didn't know at the time that people were being murdered (remember, Lori told MG a couple of weeks later that she gave JJ to KW). To a degree they are ashamed of their past belief in Chad's doctrine but they already faced the public at Chad's preliminary hearing. There's nothing really new here.
Wasn't she part of the praying for Tammys death vigil the day of the failed shooting?

Even if she wasn't part of that one...she was part of others.
She knew.....more than enough...and encouraged it.

I haven't seen any remorse or embarrassment coming from Melanie gibb to suggest she is ashamed of their past belief?

No passes here.

Last edited:
Now, I'm just nosey. I think DW sounded sad (even though I did not actually HEAR him), when talking about MG living in AZ and he in UT. I really wonder HOW MG is getting along these days. Whoever called her Melanie FIBB, expressed well.

I don't know what's going on with their relationship now but initially didn't Lori & Chad encourage them to get together?
Mel & David are on one of Chad's lists iirc. ( and Mel G allegedly said she was ordained into the 144K in the Celestial Room by Lori - it's in that ' infamous e mail')

Last edited:
Wasn't she part of the praying for Tammys death vigil the day of the failed shooting?

Even if she wasn't part of that one...she was part of others.
She knew.....more than enough...and encouraged it.

I haven't seen any remorse or embarrassment coming from Melanie gibb to suggest she is ashamed of their past belief?

No passes here.
I see a cult member who got sucked into weird beliefs yet did not suspect people would be murdered. It's easy for outsiders to point out the signs now that all the facts are known. MG gave Lori an alibi regarding JJ, but after checking with Alex she realized he was likely not safely hidden from KW like Lori claimed, so she turned her back on L&C. IMO it took ZP longer to switch sides, though I'm glad she did. In her first interview MG put the blame on multiple probations. "If they (L&C) didn't believe they had been married in a previous life, none of that would have happened." After the interview she went on a crusade with an open letter to AVOW, denouncing fringe beliefs. Personally I don't care what she or others believe. I don't think MG and DW were okay with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member