ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

see Hidden True Crime interview with Lori's cousin Meghan re the family believing you didn't need car insurance & so when Alex totalled his truck, he just walked away and the family left it for somebody else to clear -up

Meghan also says that she believes that even if Lori had not met Chad Lori would've ended up going to extremes.

Summary of tweets for Tuesday, April 25th -

State witness: Summer Shiflet, Lori's sister.

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
20m
Summer Shiflet is called to the stand.

Lori looks at Summer and smiles as her sister takes the stand. Boyce notes that Summer is here representing Tylee so she is allowed to observe other witness testimony. She was in the courtroom yesterday and today.

Lori's is Summer's older sister. "Tylee and JJ were my niece and nephew," Summer says.

Summer says she played an active role in the lives of JJ and Tylee. She learned they were missing in December 2019. Summer was not in contact with Lori at the time and did not know where she was. Summer wipes away tears as she speaks.

Rammell says Summer if she spoke with Lori about the missing kids. Summer says they spoke in February 2020. "I don't remember the exact wording but she basically told me she knew where they were and they were safe." Summer says she believed Lori and thought the kids were ok.

"I felt lied to and my trust in my sister was broken," Summer says when she learned the children were dead. Rammell now mentions the video call on June 24, 2020. She received a request from Lori to call her. Rammell now admits the call.

Rammell asks to play the call for the jury. Summer is crying on the stand and wiping away tears.

From the call: "How are you?" Lori asks. Summer responds, "Not good" as she is sobbing. "I don't know what to say. I'm willing to listen if you want to talk to me," Summer says. Lori says she doesn't know what anybody knows and doesn't know anything.

Lori says she hasn't talked to anybody. "I know they found Tylee buried in a pet cemetery and JJ buried in Chad's background and we don't understand how that happened," Summer says sobbing. She can barely breath. "You didn't tell us. We are devastated."

Summer asks Lori if she knew they were there. Lori says, "I can't talk about it." Summer says she doesn't know what to say and the "kids were thrown away like garbage...it's too painful." Lori quietly responds, "Do you think I let that happen?"

Summer responds, "Yes, I do." Summer: "You went off to Hawaii and were dancing on the beach as the kids were on the ground?!?! You had to know they were there! I don't understand! They were just little kids! I don't understand!"

"Lori if you let this happen to them and put them in the ground like a piece of trash, I don't know you...We would have taken them!" Summer is now screaming at Lori.

"You cut me and mom off for four months! Now we find out this out and you expect me to just keep doing with zero explanation and you expect me to just keep believing without ever having a question?"

Lori says everyone sees what's on TV. Summer responds, "This has NOTHING to do with what's on TV." She screams at Lori how she defended her on TV and asks for Lori to tell her to the truth. Lori says, "I would love to."

Summer screams at Lori that she never called to tell her Alex died or that her kids are gone. "You don't think that will cause pain throughout our entire family?!" Lori says, "You don't think I'm in pain?"

Summer reposnds, "No I don't. You were dancing on the beach having a great time! You got wedding pictures while your kids are in the ground?" Lori says, "Nobody knows." Summer says,

"Nobody knows except you and the Lord? There is nothing in the scriptures that is Godly about hurting a child! They deserve a proper burial with family that loves them in the least!" People in the courtroom are crying as this call is being played. Lori is looking down.

"Nobody in the world knows what I've been through. You've only seen what's on TV." Summer: "So I'm deceived? Everyone in the world is deceived?"

Lori responds, "Nobody has seen me crying on the floor." Summer asks about the photos on the beach. "You don't think your mother and your sister deserve to know that your children are gone?! Why didn't you call to tell us this?"

"There is NOTHING okay about this. NOTHING," Summer says. Lori responds, "Nothing about this is ok Summer." Summer says,

"I am telling you, because I love you with all my heart, please consider that Chad has lied and been deceived and you have been deceived and this is not what you think it is. There is nothing okay about killing children. Nothing.

And even if you dndn't kill them and Alex didn't kill them and Chad didn't kill them, you threw them away like garbage! In a pet cemetery!" Summer is sobbing and can barely breath.

"They were innocent and they were loved," Summer says. "Come up with an explanation publicly!" The call cuts off.

Rammell has no further questions for Summer. Sniffling is heard in the courtroom. Jim Archibald will cross-examine Summer.

Archibald begins by saying, "I'm sorry you had to relive that."

Archibald asks Summer about her siblings and their family life growing up. Summer recalls Lori getting married when she was 18. Summer was 16. The first marriage did not last long.

Archibald asking about Lori's second marriage which lasted "longer than the first but not that long," Summer says.

Summer recalls her third marriage to Joseph Ryan. Summer got married in 2000 and lived in a separate state so she wasn't as close with Lori during this time. Summer says Lori protected her kids from Joe Ryan.

Archibald references the call where Summer tells Lori she would never do anything to hurt her children. Summer says that's because of the way she saw Lori with her kids.

Archibald asks if Summer was involved in her sister's life when Charles and Lori had separated. Summer says yes. She was not aware of Charles filing for divorce until it came out in the media. Summer thought they had reconciled.

Archibald asks Summer to describe Tylee. "I would describe her as beautiful and witty and very talented in a lot of different ways."

Archibald asks if Tylee had health problems. Summer says she had pancreatitis - swelling of the pancreas. Archibald asks to describe Lori and Tylee's relationship. "Tylee had a little sassy streak in her but I always felt Lori was very patient with her.

Lori loved her and Tylee loved her mom." Summer says she was never concerned for the safety of Tylee around Lori.

Archibald: "Would you ever imagine her sister wanting to kill her kids?" Summer (through tears): "No." Archibald: "Would you ever imagine your sister wanting to conspire to kill her kids?" Summer (through tears): "No."

Summer says in late 2018, Lori and Alex both brought up multiple lives and multiple creations to Lori. It was a new teaching and was not consistent with their religious teachings. "It was new to me," Summer says.

Prior to 2018, Lori never told Summer that she had been someone else in another life. In late 2018, Lori told Summer about her previous lives and Summer "wanted to believe her" but it didn't make sense.

Summer doesn't recall Lori ever using "zombie" but Lori did tell her about her ability to cast out evil spirits. Lori also told Summer about light and dark scales. Summer had never heard this terminology before.

Archibald asks Summer if she was concerned about the new religious beliefs. She responds, "Of course I care about my sister but I don't really know what to think about it."

Summer now describes Alex as fun and hilarious but sometimes crude. Most weekends he was at her house playing with her kids. Alex suffered a brain injury as a teenager and Summer believes it affected him.

"He seemed stuck in making teenage decisions. He got in his car accident when he was 16 and made decisions like a 16-year-old most of his life."

Archibald asks Summer if she is in touch with Colby. She is. Archibald says Colby testified that Lori changed after she met Chad. Summer agrees. Archibald has no further questions.

Rammell has more questions for Summer. He asks her to recall that on the phone call, Lori told Summer the kids "were safe." "Ms. Shiflet, she lied to you about them being safe," Rammell says. "I believe so. Yes," Summer says.

Rammell has no further questions for Summer. Lori maintained a steady demeanor during Summer's testimony. The next witness is Rick Schmitt, a retired Rexburg police detective.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

In Lori's call with Colby she implied that she was there when her children were killed. She showed zero sadness about the fact that they were dead. Just because she didn't text "let's kill them", it doesn't mean there isn't a multitude of evidence against her.
I agree. So why aren't the prosecutors showing us this multitude of evidence?

Summary of tweets for Tuesday, April 25th -

State witness: Rick Schmitt, retired Rexburg Police Detective, now works at BYU-Ideaho in Public Safety Dept. / Part 1

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
13m
Rammell has no further questions for Summer. Lori maintained a steady demeanor during Summer's testimony. The next witness is Rick Schmitt, a retired Rexburg police detective.

Schmitt works at BYU-Idaho in the Public Safety Department. He retired from the Rexburg Police Department two years ago after 21 years of service.

Schmitt helped investigate the missing kids. On Nov. 4, 2019, he arrived at work and learned detectives were surveilling a gray Jeep Wrangler. He went to help.

On Dec. 17, he was assigned to go with other detectives to Springville, Utah to interview family members of Chad and Tammy Daybell.

Rachel Smith is questioning Schmitt. He investigated some changes in Tylee's Venmo account. On Jan. 8, 2020, he received video footage from the Fremont County Sheriff's Office that showed the entrance of Yellowstone National Park on Sept. 8, 2019.

"I was looking for a blue Nissan Rogue, a Silver Ford pickup or a gray Jeep Wrangler." Schmitt saw one that looked like the Silver pickup truck.

Schmitt obtained more video from Yellowstone National Park. He found video of Alex, Lori, JJ and Tylee visiting the park on Sept. 8 at the gate.

On Feb. 2, 2020, Schmitt went with Det. Chuck Kunsaitis to Self Storage Plus after the owner released surveillance video to East Idaho News. Police obtained the video and noticed many days where Chad, Lori and Alex visited the storage facility.

Schmitt detailing the trips Lori, Chad and Alex took to the storage unit in early October 2019..

Schmitt says on Oct. 2, Lori and Chad visited the storage facility in the blue Nissan Rogue. They got a spare tire & a car seat out of the Nissan Rogue & put it in the storage unit. The seat looked like it was a rear seat from the Jeep Wrangler. Alex Cox was not in the video.

On Oct. 3, Schmitt says Lori and Alex returned in the blue Nissan Rogue. They took the spare tire and the seat from the storage unit and put it back in the car. Boyce calls for a lunch break. We will be back around 1 p.m.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

and I will continue this in (my) morning! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper