ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Audrey 'bombshell'

2020?
So that's why Boyce allowed Def two cross exams of Audrey and refused State final re-direct
Perhaps you are right-

However this motion is beginning to come into focus for me.

I now think they did expect Audrey's statements- both prosecution and defense.

Defense obviously VERY MUCH did not want Audrey's statements given. Defense was very wrong to characterize her statements as untrue in this motion. Defense was wrong to call her statements crap. But Boyce is favoring defense IMO- not for nefarious reasons. Why risk an easy appeal?

The other thing I get now is the expert. Because a big piece of this is: Did Lori (for her trial- the same ?? will apply to Chad) use purported beliefs to manipulate people or hold sincere beliefs that others manipulated? Archibald loves to use sarcasm and word play. The psychological expert is probably lined up for two reasons. One, for if the defense claims she was not able to form intent. (Which I don't think they will try to do.) Two, to say that her beliefs were sincere and harmless and abused. She was sincerely praying away evil spirits. Chad and Alex were out smothering people and knifing them. The prosecution is going to say Lori used fake beliefs to justify murder.

The expert can opine about if the beliefs were sincere or false.

(I'm no expert, but my opinion
Yeah, that insurance lady was a really BAD witness. She was there to say what was "usual" but had only settled 15 claims in total, ever.

She thought 3 DC's would have been too many, and somehow alarming, when instead it is far fewer than the norm. When my parents died, we were advised to get a dozen or more, each time, by funeral home advisors who do this every day. She was really testifying to her own ignorance, imo.

Is she ignorant, or biased? Either way, as a result, if I'm a juror I have to consider all her testimony of what is "usual" as garbage. And it makes me look side-eyed at the prosecutor who is trying to feed me testimony from someone like that, to prove something-or-other.
IMO, she didn't have the expertise to know about death certificates. Also, she possibly has primarily been around educators with relatively simple financial affairs to settle.

I don't find that to make her a bad witness. First of all, unless somebody is scrambling to assemble money for the funeral and death expenses, it is SUPER weird to come in Monday morning to claim insurance when the love of your life for 30 years and the mom to 5 of your stunned, grieving children died Saturday morning. And it wasn't his first errand, he had already ordered death certificates. Shouldn't he be getting and giving support from and to family and loved ones?

Then, after Monday, Chad had the funeral/burial on Tuesday and a memorial and reunification with his goddess on Wednesday, he moved out of the marital home on Wednesday, and still managed to find time to stop by Ms. Yancy's office with the death certificate he had received.

And if her spidey senses were telling her something was off, and the jury believes she felt something was off, that is going to leave a big impact. Even if the jury was thinking, "that's not an unusual number of death certificates."

MOO

MOD NOTE:

Pretty Lies & Alibis is NOT an approved source here at Websleuths. If you are not sure if a source you are wanting to link is approved, please use the report feature on any post to ask a Mod or Admin prior to posting the link.

Thanks,

Mad

what about Lauren Mathias at Hidden True Crime? ( Trisha had her on her WS show to report back on the trial)

Yesterday I was thinking of everything they have against her and had a gut feeling that she is going to testify. I'd pay good money to watch if the court livestreamed it lol.

That will be interesting. I am just interested in the defense. We know how JJ died, not so much about Tylee. The bodies have been examined, what was left of Tylee.

LVD never reported her children missing, because she thought they were with AC? Doesn't work, because she asked MG to lie to LEO that JJ was with her.

I am waiting for the defense to present the video from the storage unit, what was in there, and subsequently discarded because LVD never paid for another month.

Don’t forget they had to work on it after court yesterday. I think the prosecution turned this around amazingly quickly (which is worrying IMO). Also, the defence has had everything that is contained in the document since August 2021
thanks. That is important background

What do you make of this ' He says 14 pages contain hearsay from other people who have not testified - Melani Pawlowski and others. He is asking the pages be removed. ' ( Nate's tweets)

My concern is that Mel P will not be recalled next week by the state. Can Def call her next week?

I found her testimony strange but not necessarily not believable. In all other testimony and other things we've heard Lori uses a relatively small set of word, "dark," "possessed", etc. But AB quotes her saying "wrap satan in a taco and send him to Antarctica." That's just inconsistent with everything else. Same with the death threat - inconsistent. It could be that it is wrong or maybe Lori just saw AB as especially weak or impressionable and therefore treated her differently.
Well, I don't think the quotes were inconsistent with the Lori we "know." Most recently, there is Lori's cousin Megan whose anecdotes align with this behavior. Basically, she said she's sweet until you cross her. And Megan did say she had just accused Lori of "something weird" afoot.

Zulema said Lori was scary mad when Alex didn't kill Tammy with his assault rifle at close range.

Lori's divorce records are rife with anecdotes of vengeance.

Charles reported Lori would kill him and and angel would take away his body.

Lori was not violent but was very angry with Melanie when Melanie accused her of wresting scripture.

The laugh Audrey reported could have been the one we heard given to Colby.

MOO

The Fifth Amendment protects you from being forced to testify if it would incriminate yourself. It does not confer a right not to testify because you are terrified of the accused. If people could choose for themselves whether to testify what would be the purpose of subpoenas?

Again, I don't think she is a bad person. I just don't give her much credibility. Lori's MO seems to be to label someone as dark then let Alex do his thing. Lori rarely made direct threats and even when she did they were always nonspecific.
Oh, she made threats. I wrote about it on another post.

MIO

okay, today might not be as dull as yesterday
'Smith asks to admit two exhibits - one is the entirety of Lori's lollytime iCloud account. The other is Lori's lori4styles iCloud account.

Oh, she made threats. I wrote about it on another post.

MIO
and an admission ( AB says she admitted to her having been at the scene of somebody's last breaths, as well as outlined the method of one of her most heinous crimes including cutting, blood, bags and a clean up)

I had the impression that LVD was too cunning to do that but we'll never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member