ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But not everybody he or they decided was dark was killed.

It's also a classic cult estrangement( For the leader to maintain control of his /her followers as they build and shore-up the cult. Followers cut ties with families and stop associating with people who challenge them or their ideas)

Don't get me wrong, I think Chad's a malevolent murderer but I wonder if he would have had the courage to act - murder- without meeting Lori
Everybody labeled dark had a potential to become a zombie and be harmed eventually, especially if they were in the way of their mission and/or their death could be profited from.

IMO Chad realized that he could manipulate others to kill in order to achieve his goals. His goals were power, money and sex with Lori. Without her he would not have been as motivated.

That is, accepting the ME report.

We could have accepted Tammy Daybells ME report too......:oops:

There is no chance Alex died from a natural event. IMO.

Yet again an ambiguous term that still does not tell the why.
That is what is getting tangled up here in technicality.

ME reports are signed off on the opinion of 1 person.
It is a travesty and I will keep harping on about it.

moo
Tammy's ME report says she was asphyxiated. I think we can accept that.

Chad created his imaginary zombie world to justify the deaths (murders) to his followers. He was making up evil possessions and zombie names as he went along. He wasn't led to them by the Church.
I agree! But I think if you read second comforter and similar books- you will find that they claim they are supported in apostasy by the scriptures still considered true by the church. And people I trust, like John D of Mormon stories, back that up.

The church doesn't support this Chad an similar offshoot stuff. But it hasn't renounced or changed scripture that supports it either.

So the ordinary believer is told, this is not LDS. By the LDS church verbally.

Meanwhile, in writing. The LDS church hasn't renounced things like the second anointing. Individuals becoming prophets. IOW, the theology that makes being a leader of an off shoot and thinking there is no need to ever repent possible.

Ordinary church goers don't believe this stuff. But cult leaders can back it up with LDS literature.

And the leadership of LDS continues to say one thing verbally, and another with scripture.

Ordinary church goers are completely innocent- just trying to serve the community by practicing what the church tells them to practice.

MOO

Don't get me wrong, I think Chad's a malevolent murderer but I wonder if he would have had the courage to act - murder- without meeting Lori
I do think he was very dissatisfied in his marriage. Tammy seems never to have been part of the cult - whether because she wasn't interested or because he kept her out...perhaps we'll find out at his trial.

I do agree that very specific circumstances lead to all these murders.

Hmmm…Well…that could explain why she willingly increased her life insurance policy after leaving it the minimum amount all those years - she would have turned 50 before the next annual enrollment came up - and if she thought she was going to die before then she may have wanted to leave something for her children.
He only had to forge her signature I suspect. ***side eye***look

What you are saying is not at all what happened when Alex died. There was at least 1, and maybe 2, full autopsies done by medical examiner(s). One was done in the Phoenix area, which has great experts and all the tools in the world. LE was all over this death, and cut no corners trying to figure out how he was killed. They wanted to find a murder.

[ETA - Tammy Daybell originally did not have an ME report at all. Brenda Dye, the Rexburg EMT/county coroner, who is neither an ME nor a doctor, was the one who made that original determination. An ME would typically be a doctor who is also trained to investigate cause of death for official determination.]

In Alex's case, they looked for a murder. Starting right at his death (or before), and since they were instantly as susipcious as we all are (because they knew kids were missing and bad things happening), they were at the hospital where he died, at the house where he collapsed, interviewing people there as to what happened, investigating, looking for anything. But as suspicious as the timing was (with him being in the middle of a murder conspiracy), that is the ONLY evidence. People die. Death by PE is not rare.

Last edited:
Because of the evidence given by the insurance broker I have swung back to Tammy not having read the e mail from Charles.
If she'd read the email about Chads affair wouldn't she become even more suspicious when Chad later suggests she increase her LI policy?
I think it's explained by the very common psychological defense mechanism of denial.

So the ME faked findings in the autopsy --- to?

Cover for Lori and Chad?

That's implausible.

The only possible murder/suicide is one that was attempted and not detected but the PE also killed him or killed him first.

MOOWouldn't supr
No one is suggesting something so ridiculous.

If you can't see the point of how often mistakes are made on a death certificate let me just point you to this very case itself.
TAMMY DAYBELL.
Wouldn't surprise me if her original death certificate says died from an embolism too.
Its all the go atm.:oops:

No
actually it doesn't yet.
It came out in trial it is yet to be amended.:mad:
No, it’s the death certificate that has yet to be amended by the coroner. The medical examiner is the one who carried out the autopsy and wrote the autopsy report citing asphyxiation as a cause of death.

Now, why the coroner has not amended the original which contains a cause of death (Pulmonary Odema) that does not exist, is another matter entirely.

No
actually it doesn't yet.
It came out in trial it is yet to be amended.:mad:
I think there's some confusion here with the coroner ruling on cause of death, and the medical examiner. Tammy wasn't given an autopsy by a medical examiner until after her exhumation. I don't think the medical examiner's stated cause or manner of death is in dispute at all. The coroner side of things is another thing entirely. It may take some bureaucracy and paperwork and hearings for her cause and manner of death to be changed legally. It's complicated because it affects things like inheritance and insurance.

However, I am not any kind of legal bod, so this is all my opinion only.

Because of the evidence given by the insurance broker I have swung back to Tammy not having read the e mail from Charles.
If she'd read the email about Chads affair wouldn't she become even more suspicious when Chad later suggests she increase her LI policy?
I have been asking myself the same thing as I previously thought that’s what brought on the severe depression but perhaps it was that her husband was telling her she would die soon??????? I am still convinced that she was dealing with severe depression which led to sleeplessness which led to exhaustion which led to the shortness of breath at times that the daughter mentioned and to her pulling away from time with the family and going to bed earlier. I do not think that she was quite the same way around her friends and co-workers as she was still running and clogging and such - until the last day one of her co-workers saw her and she was not her normal cheerful encouraging self. Did anyone say when the email from CV was deleted? I think he sent it in June and if it was deleted around the same time, then I am leaning toward TD not seeing it and CV intercepting it. However, if it was deleted more recently - especially if it was after TD increased her insurance - then I lean more toward it having been in a junk mail folder that she didn’t see for a few months. I know that sounds like a long time but in my job I deal with hundreds of emails a day and sometimes it is months before I review the junk folder and have often found things that shouldn’t have been junk. It usually happens when the sender has a free email account like gmail or hotmail and our system filters out a lot of those because so much junk comes from those types of emails. Also, don’t forget that CV sent one to her personal email address as well. I have several personal email addresses that I rarely use anymore but every once in a while I’ll check them and there could be months of emails in there that haven’t been read yet. TD could have done something like that as well. I don’t recall hearing whether they were able to find anything about the email CV sent to her personal account. So I still think it’s a possibility that she saw the email though not likely at the time CV sent it And I agree that is less likely than I thought it was before.

What you are saying is not at all what happened when Alex died. There was at least 1, and maybe 2, full autopsies done by medical examiner. One was done in the Phoenix area, which has great experts and all the tools in the world. LE was all over this death, and cut no corners trying to figure out how he was killed. They wanted to find a murder.

They looked for one. Starting right at his death (or before), and since they were instantly as susipcious as we all are (because they knew kids were missing and bad things happening), they were at the hospital where he died, at the house where he collapsed, interviewing people there as to what happened, investigating, looking for anything. But as suspicious as the timing was (with him being in the middle of a murder conspiracy), that is the ONLY evidence. People die. Death by PE is not rare.
Just to add, I think AC was on the phone a lot with Lori and Chad at the end. They were hiding out in Hawaii, he was hiding out in Zulema's home. In particular, I believe that he was on the phone with Lori when he collapsed, so Lori called Zulema.

JMO

moo
I think you’re getting confused between coroner (who originally stated Tammys cause of death) and the medical examiner who carried out the autopsy when she was exhumed.

What you are saying is not at all what happened when Alex died. There was at least 1, and maybe 2, full autopsies done by medical examiner. One was done in the Phoenix area, which has great experts and all the tools in the world. LE was all over this death, and cut no corners trying to figure out how he was killed. They wanted to find a murder.

They looked for one. Starting right at his death (or before), and since they were instantly as susipcious as we all are (because they knew kids were missing and bad things happening), they were at the hospital where he died, at the house where he collapsed, interviewing people there as to what happened, investigating, looking for anything. But as suspicious as the timing was (with him being in the middle of a murder conspiracy), that is the ONLY evidence. People die. Death by PE is not rare.
Not disputing alex having a blood clot.
The why did alex have a blood clot.

There is an entire pandora's box of reasons why one gets a blood clot, nafarious and natural.

Under the circumstances it is not reaching to suspect nafarious.

ZP asking LE if she was a suspect at the hospital is my main suspicion.

I think you’re getting confused between coroner (who originally stated Tammys cause of death) and the medical examiner who carried out the autopsy when she was exhumed.
YES.
The technicality is coroners report being interchanged with ME report.
sorry for the confusion ya'll!

However the point remains doesn't it?

Tammys cause of death was botched is the point being made here.

YES.
The technicality is coroners report being interchanged with ME report.
sorry for the confusion ya'll!

However the point remains doesn't it?

Tammys cause of death was botched is the point being made here.
It was, originally, but it was botched by someone new on the job, who'd only had a week's training to be a coroner (IIRC), who took what the family told her about Tammy's health at face value. She signed off natural and walked away, thinking she'd done the right thing.

The medical examiner, who actually is a trained forensic pathologist, did a thorough examination of Tammy and came to a different, more informed conclusion based on his skill, education, and science.

I don't have a problem with the role of coroners. They fill a vital legal niche in many places. But I think those who fill the role should have some baseline understanding of death so they know what they're looking at, and looking for, so that they have enough foundational knowledge to know when something is off more reliably, and know when it's appropriate for there to be an investigation of a death. Tammy's death, it was a perfect storm of a novice coroner combined with a manipulative and deceptive killer feeding her the right information to ensure she wouldn't look harder at the things that didn't make sense. I'm sure she deeply regrets her role in this whole mess.

MOO

It was, originally, but it was botched by someone new on the job, who'd only had a week's training to be a coroner (IIRC), who took what the family told her about Tammy's health at face value. She signed off natural and walked away, thinking she'd done the right thing.

The medical examiner, who actually is a trained forensic pathologist, did a thorough examination of Tammy and came to a different, more informed conclusion based on his skill, education, and science.

I don't have a problem with the role of coroners. They fill a vital legal niche in many places. But I think those who fill the role should have some baseline understanding of death so they know what they're looking at, and looking for, so that they have enough foundational knowledge to know when something is off more reliably, and know when it's appropriate for there to be an investigation of a death. Tammy's death, it was a perfect storm of a novice coroner combined with a manipulative and deceptive killer feeding her the right information to ensure she wouldn't look harder at the things that didn't make sense. I'm sure she deeply regrets her role in this whole mess.

MOO
Agreed!

This is all true of course. And when the AC autopsy first came out I did not question the natural causes conclusion.

But even though we have not heard a lot of new information from the trial we have heard some. The picture I am getting is that there was this core group that did some really strange and extreme things and I think the core extends beyond Lori, Chad, and Alex. I'm not saying anyone else committed any crimes, only that I don't think the full extent of this group's activities is known and I am now suspicious of quite a few things including whether AC was somehow murdered.

Why would Alex quit his job and start stockpiling guns? Why did he suddenly want to get married? Lots more quesstions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213