GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my personal experience. I had an uncle who did terrible things and I still struggle now 8 years after his death and 40 years after his actions, I do not condone what he did, and he went to prison but it is still a struggle when a memory pops up and I find myself smiling, only to remember that he was a monster. I reached out for help to connect this person to my uncle I knew and remembered and there was not much. I imagine LVD started her manipulation skills at a very early age and her family will be thinking about that for a very long time.
I don't have a personal connection to any child killers so I cannot say what I would do if my child killed my grandchildren, son-in-law and their lover's wife. Something went wrong in that family that resulted in two siblings taking the path that they did.

I don't have a personal connection to any child killers so I cannot say what I would do if my child killed my grandchildren, son-in-law and their lover's wife. Something went wrong in that family that resulted in two siblings taking the path that they did.
I think she was manipulative since a very young age, and to a degree they are under her spell, in time I feel they will become less publically supportive of her.

I wonder if any research is out there on how narcissistic children affect their parents?

Yes- that was very interesting. There are similarities between enmeshed families and cults.

I also gleaned some information I was curious about (but is none if my business, lol) from Heather's interviews on HTC. I thought Emma and Garth would be in the deepest, but Heather seemed to think Emma and Seth are.

Still, Garth is the closest witness to Tammy's murder. And he was very roped in. Moving a body. Calling 911.

Emma took on the job of discouraging an autopsy. The testimony in court makes me think she was silent and numb that Saturday morning, but did as she testified, discouraging an autopsy, somewhat later.

I got the impression that Mr. Gilbert (the neighbor who testified) was somewhat interested in the culty stuff- before it looked to be causing harm. I also think he was a church official that Heather said should have known Chad's theology and should have realized it would lead to harm sooner- but I'm just reading between lines of Heather's interviews.

I think it was Mrs. Gilbert who first told Heather that Chad was bringing around his new wife.

MOO
and Mr Gilbert became a character in Chad's books

Also recall that other Rexburg guy who contacted Lauren Mathias to explain how Chad had sought him about to try to ' convert him' and in doing so Chad stipulated he needed to do this with his wife out of the room. ( Destin Thayne interview iirc)

Yes- that was very interesting. There are similarities between enmeshed families and cults.

I also gleaned some information I was curious about (but is none if my business, lol) from Heather's interviews on HTC. I thought Emma and Garth would be in the deepest, but Heather seemed to think Emma and Seth are.

Still, Garth is the closest witness to Tammy's murder. And he was very roped in. Moving a body. Calling 911.

Emma took on the job of discouraging an autopsy. The testimony in court makes me think she was silent and numb that Saturday morning, but did as she testified, discouraging an autopsy, somewhat later.

I got the impression that Mr. Gilbert (the neighbor who testified) was somewhat interested in the culty stuff- before it looked to be causing harm. I also think he was a church official that Heather said should have known Chad's theology and should have realized it would lead to harm sooner- but I'm just reading between lines of Heather's interviews.

I think it was Mrs. Gilbert who first told Heather that Chad was bringing around his new wife.

MOO
Mr Gilbert also knew of Chad's "prophecy" that Tammy would die before turning 50. I can't believe how anyone normal (not being part of the cult) could not be alarmed by that information.

Has Mark Means lost his electronic privileges? He’s been silent.
No, he has been commenting here and there on Twitter. Basically he criticizes Lori's defense team for not putting up a defense, blames the prosecution for deliberately witholding evidence and the judge for favoring the prosecution. Of course he would do a much better job.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't see anything weird about her hair in the mugshot? Plaiting her hair (wet, or at least damp) before going to bed is probably how she's getting a wave in her hair without access to a beautician.

MOO
i know you posted this a whole day and half ago (ha), but I agree. Many of us go for braids at night to get those curls!

And, as @Ruminations so succinctly pointed out, it feels rather superficial to be picking apart her appearance rather than the ugliness of her actions. The whole "pretty people = good" and "ugly people = bad" can be a truly insidious cliché.
Think the point has been lost in the weeds abit.

Poking fun at Lori and her declining looks is not about the poster noticing how poorly she is aging.

Its reflecting on the karma and the satisfaction it brings to a lot of people watching how shallow and vain this woman is and has behaved at the cost of many.

I think that's important to note.

(its important to Lori..and thats why it matters.)

seriously, listening to the two interviews with cousin, Megan Conner, it is just so very clear how the Cox family dynamic influenced their children.

Quite chilling, to be honest.

I was just thinking...

1) JP was at the LVD trial with a front row seat many, many times. How can he have so much time on his hands? Is CD his only case? If CD ran out of money and equity in his house, is JP billing the state and would his time spent at the LVD case be billable?

2) Can anyone even imagine if Mark Means was still LVD's lawyer defending her at her trial? Wow!!!! What a screwed up mess that would have been.

seriously, listening to the two interviews with cousin, Megan Conner, it is just so very clear how the Cox family dynamic influenced their children.

Quite chilling, to be honest.

Since Alex was the first born son... I wonder what his relationship was with his father. Did dad treat him 'dismissively' from birth, or try to make him into his image, or ??

Not it's very interesting.
So, potentially both of the older girls ( Lori and then Stacey before her) had the power, not either of the two sons.
Also, is it unusual that so many of their kids' marriages are not to LDS spouses?

I guess these sound like sweeping generalisations of all those in LDS but I just don't know enough about it nor about the Coxes & so I had assumed because Barry is the big ' scriptorian' as Megan described Barry, that he expected all the kids marry 'within' the church
Steve Cope was LDS, Charles Vallow converted, is that it? ( IDK the faiths of Alex's 1st wife or Adam's nor Summer's spouses)
I am fairly certain Summer's husband is LDS.

I am fairly certain Lori's #2 was not LDS.

I thought #1 was LDS but now that I think about it that may have just been an unsupported assumption on my part.

As for family dynamics, there are two underlying themes we seem to keep hearing about: oversexualization and defiance of government authority. I'm not a psychologist but it's not hard for me to see how those influences led to her mental state. And by mental state I'm not suggesting illness, just a woman who thinks she can get anything she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018