Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I responded to this post earlier, but it was excommunicated due to a poor choice of adjective on my part. (Poor, but accurate. Just saying). I wanted to restate, I think there is the potential that CD and LV are able to communicate via their lawyers. Perhaps not directly, i.e 'Lori says your dreamy, do you want to go to the prison dance on Saturday?' but they may be able to cahoot their independent defenses directly at AxC and at the same time - surprise - reinforce each other's assertions. I base this on the similarities in address, and the belief that both lawmen know each other.
IMO.
Of course, lawyers are known for their attention to detail, and ability to abide the law, so my theory is quite likely a reach.

The similar addresses are a very curious thing, indeed. What Google Street View shows there is interesting as well.

It's possible, but unlikely, that these were burner phones.
They were probably phones, ipads, etc...

They would not be "burner" phones. No one would describe post paid devices as burner phones.

Plus, they found 60 which I'm assuming are not included in the above numbers of what CV was paying for. The 22 was simply devices on his post paid plan which adds up quickly with family and devices

I responded to this post earlier, but it was excommunicated due to a poor choice of adjective on my part. (Poor, but accurate. Just saying). I wanted to restate, I think there is the potential that CD and LV are able to communicate via their lawyers. Perhaps not directly, i.e 'Lori says your dreamy, do you want to go to the prison dance on Saturday?' but they may be able to cahoot their independent defenses directly at AxC and at the same time - surprise - reinforce each other's assertions. I base this on the similarities in address, and the belief that both lawmen know each other.
IMO.
Of course, lawyers are known for their attention to detail, and ability to abide the law, so my theory is quite likely a reach.

I have been hoping for @AZlawyer ,other lawyers or even @vislaw to chime in because it's driving me crazy. CD is not allowed to communicate (even via 3rd party which a lawyer would be) with the victim's family so I don't see how he/she could communicate.

@KonaHonu brought up a good question in regards to her constitutional rights but I haven't seen any definitive confirmation on if CD/LVD can communicate even through lawyers.

Also, since MM has NOW stated he hasn't ever defended anyone listed in the conspiracy charges, would that throw out the argument that KonaHonu made. If he's not CD lawyer, MM is as much of a 3rd party as you or I

They would not be "burner" phones. No one would describe post paid devices as burner phones.

Plus, they found 60 which I'm assuming are not included in the above numbers of what CV was paying for. The 22 was simply devices on his post paid plan which adds up quickly with family and devices

That's like 80+ devices in this story. :eek:

CV sounds like such a wonderful man in that he loved Lori so much as to allow her to take financial advantage of his goodness, wanted to get her some help for her mental illness, adopted his nephew, and treated Tylee and Ryan so good as well. He even took her religion as his own. So sad he paid for his goodness with his life.

The similar addresses are a very curious thing, indeed. What Google Street View shows there is interesting as well.

Actually, I should amend this by saying that Google Street View got a little lost at a dead end residential streeet, as it often does with newer buildings with newer building numbers. If you navigate manually you can find the small office building that both attorneys have claimed to be their office address. It apparently has space for multiple suites, so maybe they were (or are) just neighbors there?

I have been hoping for @AZlawyer ,other lawyers or even @vislaw to chime in because it's driving me crazy. CD is not allowed to communicate (even via 3rd party which a lawyer would be) with the victim's family so I don't see how he/she could communicate.

@KonaHonu brought up a good question in regards to her constitutional rights but I haven't seen any definitive confirmation on if CD/LVD can communicate even through lawyers.

Also, since MM has NOW stated he hasn't ever defended anyone listed in the conspiracy charges, would that throw out the argument that KonaHonu made. If he's not CD lawyer, MM is as much of a 3rd party as you or I
The judge stated they could NOT communicate with co-conspirators. If their attorneys help them to communicate they are breaking the law.

Actually, I should amend this by saying that Google Street View got a little lost at a dead end residential streeet, as it often does with newer buildings with newer building numbers. If you navigate manually you can find the small office building that both attorneys have claimed to be their office address. It apparently has space for multiple suites, so maybe they were (or are) just neighbors there?

They used the same suite number, though. #110 I think.

Oh I didn't realize that is what you were talking about. I thought you were commenting about how odd it was that when traveling down 5 th street, the view of the 429 building changes. I don't know why the view wouldn't have been fully updated (if that makes sense)
20200705_172328.jpg

Attachments

• 20200705_172350.jpg
    20200705_172350.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 146
I've stated this numerous times before but I'll say it again. If they had 60 burner phones (I'm assuming they were not unused), they simply don't comprehend how a burner should be utilized. I'm assuming it's a combination of lack of understanding of how they "actually" work, laziness and a tad too much confidence.

CV sounds like such a wonderful man in that he loved Lori so much as to allow her to take financial advantage of his goodness, wanted to get her some help for her mental illness, adopted his nephew, and treated Tylee and Ryan so good as well. He even took her religion as his own. So sad he paid for his goodness with his life.

The reality is that we don't personally know any of these people (or from other cases) and what they're truly like day to day. We can make assumptions or educated guesses based on the information available but we don't really know.

However, all signs and actions point to exactly what you stated. The body cams said a lot about him (in my opinion) and I think we all would agree that agencies failed him countless times. Before and after his death. Hindsight is 20/20 but there are several LEO that should have chose a different profession.

Seemed like just a very genuine and caring guy by any measure I've seen. Incredibly sad

IANAL, but I have a theory on Lori’s defense. It’s all IMO. Hopefully it’s okay to post.

This assumes that LE has enough electronic and/or physical evidence to male pinning the crimes on Alex a bad defense.

I’m sorry if this has been discussed at length and I’ve missed it, but the following University of Idaho Law Review link clarifies Idaho’s lack of an insanity defense, and that mental condition may be considered for establishing mens rea (intent).

https://www.uidaho.edu/-/media/UIda...hash=817B444FF49AAFF351E92E8EB7BFFE98566946AA

If I’m understanding it correctly, it sounds like Lori’s mental condition can come into it.

I think that the example on p. 18 of the PDF (p. 592 of the document) indicates that her defense could argue that she lacked mens rea to murder her children because she truly believed that she was killing zombies—not humans—so she lacked the intent necessary to commit first degree murder. IMO, they’ll likely argue this hoping to get it down to second degree murder or manslaughter. (Chad’s defense could technically go the same route.)

This sounds similar to diminished capacity to me, but again IANAL.

Diminished capacity and mens rea (vs. not guilty by reason of insanity) are discussed more generally at this Cornell link:

Diminished Capacity

Thoughts?

No. Wow. I just confirmed what @CuriousQuiet1 said a couple weeks ago, which is that Means and Prior share not just a business address but also the same suite (#110). Right next door to the Idaho Crop Improvement Association. I am sure both of them are ethically above reproach but it sure is close quarters for the attorneys of 2 defendants who are not supposed to communicate in any way.

@Chewy1972 -- did you ever drive by there?

They used the same suite number, though. #110 I think.

No. Wow. I just confirmed what @CuriousQuiet1 said a couple weeks ago, which is that Means and Prior share not just a business address but also the same suite (#110). Right next door to the Idaho Crop Improvement Association. I am sure both of them are ethically above reproach but it sure is close quarters for the attorneys of 2 defendants who are not supposed to communicate in any way.

@Chewy1972 -- did you ever drive by there?

I posted these last week but it’s easy to get lost in the speed of threads but yes, they are the exact same. These are from the most recent filing docs from both lawyers.

Attachments

• 606C00BB-FA9F-48B8-B748-9E7DB14D95CE.png
    606C00BB-FA9F-48B8-B748-9E7DB14D95CE.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 8672C02C-B604-4ADD-8D90-EAF878FEC568.png
    8672C02C-B604-4ADD-8D90-EAF878FEC568.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 72
Interesting. We need some lawyers in here. So, he could potentially call the Woodcocks, CR, Annie, etc...?

Conditions of bail - Judge Eddins

Here's one link to story and video on Chad's first arrest. Video 21:55 mark.
Remains found on Daybell's property are children, prosecutor says; bail set at $1 million

Here's a second link for Loris second hearing on charges. Video 9:mark.
UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children

Conditions of bail - Judge Eddins

Here's one link to story and video on Chad's first arrest. Video 21:55 mark.
Remains found on Daybell's property are children, prosecutor says; bail set at $1 million

Here's a second link for Loris second hearing on charges. Video 9:mark.
UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children

I'm not disagreeing with you. It just never crossed my mind that CD could theoretically call EVERY single family member of TR & JJ...Write them letters every day, etc...

The Attorney issues just feels like a big old ethics labyrinth that I would avoid like the plague/pandemic if I were a professional involved in this case. At this moment in time, I worry because MM has received some sort of retainer for LVD and presumably something for CD - that may have later been transferred to Prior? (not sure on this part). Either way, very soon one or both of them will run out of funding and I suspect the real financials will come out that neither has earned income for several years.
Then we have the "excited utterance" reply to the Judge re: representing alleged co-conspirators involved in this case which might give MM an exit w/dignity if he is chose but I predict he will try to stay with this case by asking for assistance paid by the court - co-counsel.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member