Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

CR22-20-0838 - Fremont County
State of Idaho v. Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell
CR22-20-0755 - Fremont County
State of Idaho v. Chad Guy Daybell

07/28/2020 Memorandum Decision Re Motion to Reconsider Order Governing Courtroom Conduct

So MM gets to continue representing LV. Interesting!

CR22-20-0838 - Fremont County
State of Idaho v. Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell

That’s interesting! Judge finds the “Conflict of interest is adequately waived

Sounds to me the conflict was acknowledged and this eliminates another avenue of appeal.

I was listening to the WTAF youtube video/podcast the other day, in regard to LVD's divorce from her second husband WL in 1996.

It really is very interesting to me to hear what she said about him, because I think it's been really obvious since I saw her accusing CV of having an affair in Jan 2019, and telling anyone who would listen that CV wanted to kill her for her life insurance, and then again telling police she thought CV was planning an ambush, that her M.O./weapon is to accuse the other of what she herself has done, but also to see that going right back to 1996, when she was 23 years old, she already had this drama playing out where she was concerned with taking everything away from the other person, including clothes (although she flips it around onto him) -

I've transcribed part of what she wrote in her divorce (and note he denied everything she says) -

I must be a slow learner because I finally realised WL was a liar, he has no respect for God, for the truth or for the law. He and his step-father have core beliefs and their own rules of life that are anti-social and despicable. They have no consciousness of guilt for wrong-doing. They believe they can lie and cheat and conspire to do evil or break the law and get gain without any consequences. Their behaviour towards me is unconscionable.”

[Then lots of information about him stealing and hiding her car and depriving her of her clothes]

Then - neither WL or his step-father "demonstrated any compassion for the well-being of me or my baby. They deprived me of my clothes, my personal belongings for me and my baby which demonstrates that they are deprived of human kindness and compassion for the care of their own family members. In fact the only inescapable conclusion that a reasonable person could make is that [step-father] and WL intended to cause harm to me and my baby. WL never paid one penny towards the care and support for me and my baby during the entire relationship. He is void of any consciousness of right or wrong and lacks any virtue of good character. WL's lifestyle is similar to a pathological liar and a sociopath. He sees no wrong in using people for any purpose to get gain for his own needs and ambitions.”

I think it's fascinating that she went on to steal and hide CV's car and clothes and CV's and JJ's personal belongings. Where else have we seen similar accusations?

MBP: "the night my dad took me, he said we were gonna go get gas and we never came back. We left my mom there and he turned the power off, he took all of her credit cards, took her planner, and just left her there"

Unless LVD told her the 'facts', which is a possibility, there is something very deep going on here, in the wider picture, IMO.

I think that is absolutely amazing stuff to come out of the mind of a 23 year old. Tales of false-imprisonment (in his parents' home!) and escape, and so much drama including that she alleges he threatened to kill her and CR.

One thing that I find no explanation for is that LVD and CV stayed married for 13 years, albeit that she started to go off the rails after about 8 or 9 years, that's still quite remarkable. Her police report about CV's shooting makes interesting reading now that we know more about her history and with these additional facts.

moo

In preparation for comparison and making note of the various contradictions among them, I prepared a table laying out each person's accounts of events surrounding the shooting of CV - AxC's at the site of the shooting and LVD's and Tylee's at the police station. The first thing I noticed is how incredibly LONG Lori's statement is relative to the others. AxC said almost nothing in comparison (he had to have his statement pulled out of him, question by question, and volunteered nothing), Tylee's was just a few paragraphs (I believe it took around 10 minutes total, she couldn't answer some things - like what were CV and LVD shouting about - and she questioned her own wisdom about bringing a bat into an argument), and LVD's statement goes on and on and on, like a wandering stream of consciousness into which she wedges every criticism, complaint, and demonization about CV she can muster, as though she is trying to convert the officer to whom she is giving the statement to her side against CV's.

AxC's piecemeal statement was about 692 words (excluding his call to 911), Tylee's about 1,038 words, and Lori's was 4,837 words.

LVD thinks she can bluster with BS and likely drives those listening (whether police officers or court officials) into a state of pained confusion doing it. "Make her stop. Make her STOP!" And when she finally does, they're so grateful, they give her the benefit of the doubt.

I noticed that, too. Must be no Covid-19 in the county? Chad did appear to me to be handcuffed.
Actually, no, but very low, 37 total cases. Really started to increase at the first of July. Tourist season is most likely to blame. No mask mandate in Fremont or Madison counties, nor Saint Anthony (where Chad is).

ETA: Chad not likely to come into contact with transmission from tourists, as long as Prior is COVID-free, this shouldn't be an issue.

In preparation for comparison and making note of the various contradictions among them, I prepared a table laying out each person's accounts of events surrounding the shooting of CV - AxC's at the site of the shooting and LVD's and Tylee's at the police station. The first thing I noticed is how incredibly LONG Lori's statement is relative to the others. AxC said almost nothing in comparison (he had to have his statement pulled out of him, question by question, and volunteered nothing), Tylee's was just a few paragraphs (I believe it took around 10 minutes total, she couldn't answer some things - like what were CV and LVD shouting about - and she questioned her own wisdom about bringing a bat into an argument), and LVD's statement goes on and on and on, like a wandering stream of consciousness into which she wedges every criticism, complaint, and demonization about CV she can muster, as though she is trying to convert the officer to whom she is giving the statement to her side against CV's.

AxC's piecemeal statement was about 692 words (excluding his call to 911), Tylee's about 1,038 words, and Lori's was 4,837 words.

LVD thinks she can bluster with BS and likely drives those listening (whether police officers or court officials) into a state of pained confusion doing it. "Make her stop. Make her STOP!" And when she finally does, they're so grateful, they give her the benefit of the doubt.
Filibustering is definitely one of her techniques. IMO

MM may stay as LVD lawyer unless or until it becomes a DP case. Then a DP lawyer will take the lead but MM will stay on. Much like felon Anthony’s case. Baez was not DP qualified so Mason, Sims and Finnell were brought in with Cheney Mason being DP lawyer. I think we may see that happen here. MM may have to be reminded of that IMOO. I am pretty sure I am correct here.

IMOO MM is staying on more for making a name for himself then for learning and gaining expertise on murder cases. I predict a book in the future!

any lawyers around to input?

hahaha, gotta see this to believe it -

36mins14secs:

MM: "given the media coverage of this case already the public's right outweighs the potential argument of fairness for the defendants in this case."

RW's eyes almost pop out of his head.

I thought CD was looking a bit sick at the prospect of his preliminary hearing.
Scott Reisch said on his Crime Talk youtube channel that he's all for televised hearings, except when it comes to his clients. He's putting his clients' benefit first.

I think it's possible LVD didn't attend the hearing because she is going to play her usual hand, which is to be the victim of abuse and project her own pathology onto her husbands. That would be hard to do through a screen and just eye contact but I think she's hoping the message that would come through, to anyone in her family who still believes in her, is something like 'how can I face the evil man who buried my children?'
If she turns on Chad, will he still provide funds for her legal defense?

I think Alex might have given a statement at the police station. I don't know how that works - if he has to start again or if he justs answers additional questions. I wonder why Justin Lum didn't obtain that one. I do know they said they cleaned the scene before bringing Alex back to show them what happened.

"Alex Cox was eventually brought into the residence where he explained his actions". Then a large portion of the report is redacted.

report obtained by Fox10 in February - Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

https://twitter.com/ericgrossarth/status/1288220325944016897
The FBI played an instrumental role in finding the bodies of #JJVallow and #TyleeRyan after their specalist downloaded cell phone data of #AlexCox leading investigators to the scene. Here is the mobile command unit that sat in Rexburg for weeks to assist in the case.

2:10 PM · Jul 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

#DAYBELL, court records indicate that two FBI agents were subpoenaed today to testify at the preliminary hearing of #ChadDaybell scheduled to start on Aug. 3, in Fremont County. He is charged with felony counts related to the destruction, concealment, or alteration of evidence.

Quoting myself to clarify: is he allowed to continue when/if this becomes a death penalty case?

Not sure in Idaho, but in many states if the death penalty is on the table the defense has to have at least one death penalty qualified attorney. I would say in the very least they would need an experienced criminal lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty