Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got "Court TV"!!! On my Roku! Will be making popcorn for August 3.

I actually took time off from work to watch the Casey Anthony trial, and I watched the entire OJ trial.

I remember during felon Anthony’s trial switching with another to watch the trial. I will be watching this one too.

If not are tried at the same time, they each get their own jury, is that correct?

I wonder how they will go against each other? I rather see two trials.

I think Ron Wood is brilliant like a fox. He just solved a whole bunch of future problems lol. Master level lawyering there. MOO
Yes he IS brilliant, and he is also the only one of the group (besides the judge) who can read and write above a 4th grade level! This is embarrassing! MOO

That’s interesting! Judge finds the “Conflict of interest is adequately waived

Sounds to me the conflict was acknowledged and this eliminates another avenue of appeal.
IMO this order is narrower than that - he specifically added the words "for the current proceedings".

It makes me wonder if murder charges are added then the issue might need revisiting. So I'm trying to think why that would make a difference. moo

IMO this order is narrower than that - he specifically added the words "for the current proceedings".

It makes me wonder if murder charges are added then the issue might need revisiting. So I'm trying to think why that would make a difference. moo

Im not sure it would make a difference to this judge. I’m reading his order as acknowledging a conflict existed so the ruling is peculiar but at least it’s on the record. I’m wondering if the higher court conducting the trial would agree with this ruling. I suspect when Chadbo and Lolo turn on each other it might be revisited regardless of other charges. Thankfully it’s just a prelim and the parties have been adequately informed.

Was it ever confirmed that Tylee came with a bat to defend lori from charles? Alex told the police that she did, was it ever confirmed that Tylee gave a statement to the police that she did indeed do this?

I agree. The current proceedings are for potentially small jail time (Max 10 years?).

I think if/when more serious charges are made, things will be different. For a start, Means will be gone. There is no way a reputable Judge or Prosecutor would allow Means to continue to represent his client for murder/conspiracy to murder charges.

I keep thinking that Mr Wood is missing a trick with cutting off an appeal based on ineffective counsel, but I guess he thinks the jail time is too small to be too worried about it for this case

AMPO

Was it ever confirmed that Tylee came with a bat to defend lori from charles? Alex told the police that she did, was it ever confirmed that Tylee gave a statement to the police that she did indeed do this?
If I remember Tylee's statement correctly, She stated that she kept the bat by her bed for protection purposes. She took the bat to the door because she heard shouting. I do not recall Tylee saying explicitly that her intent was to protect Lori from Charles.

I was listening to the WTAF youtube video/podcast the other day, in regard to LVD's divorce from her second husband WL in 1996.

It really is very interesting to me to hear what she said about him, because I think it's been really obvious since I saw her accusing CV of having an affair in Jan 2019, and telling anyone who would listen that CV wanted to kill her for her life insurance, and then again telling police she thought CV was planning an ambush, that her M.O./weapon is to accuse the other of what she herself has done, but also to see that going right back to 1996, when she was 23 years old, she already had this drama playing out where she was concerned with taking everything away from the other person, including clothes (although she flips it around onto him) -

I've transcribed part of what she wrote in her divorce (and note he denied everything she says) -

I must be a slow learner because I finally realised WL was a liar, he has no respect for God, for the truth or for the law. He and his step-father have core beliefs and their own rules of life that are anti-social and despicable. They have no consciousness of guilt for wrong-doing. They believe they can lie and cheat and conspire to do evil or break the law and get gain without any consequences. Their behaviour towards me is unconscionable.”

[Then lots of information about him stealing and hiding her car and depriving her of her clothes]

Then - neither WL or his step-father "demonstrated any compassion for the well-being of me or my baby. They deprived me of my clothes, my personal belongings for me and my baby which demonstrates that they are deprived of human kindness and compassion for the care of their own family members. In fact the only inescapable conclusion that a reasonable person could make is that [step-father] and WL intended to cause harm to me and my baby. WL never paid one penny towards the care and support for me and my baby during the entire relationship. He is void of any consciousness of right or wrong and lacks any virtue of good character. WL's lifestyle is similar to a pathological liar and a sociopath. He sees no wrong in using people for any purpose to get gain for his own needs and ambitions.”

I think it's fascinating that she went on to steal and hide CV's car and clothes and CV's and JJ's personal belongings. Where else have we seen similar accusations?

MBP: "the night my dad took me, he said we were gonna go get gas and we never came back. We left my mom there and he turned the power off, he took all of her credit cards, took her planner, and just left her there"

Unless LVD told her the 'facts', which is a possibility, there is something very deep going on here, in the wider picture, IMO.

I think that is absolutely amazing stuff to come out of the mind of a 23 year old. Tales of false-imprisonment (in his parents' home!) and escape, and so much drama including that she alleges he threatened to kill her and CR.

One thing that I find no explanation for is that LVD and CV stayed married for 13 years, albeit that she started to go off the rails after about 8 or 9 years, that's still quite remarkable. Her police report about CV's shooting makes interesting reading now that we know more about her history and with these additional facts.

moo

When I read these court docs and read MBP's fathers docs WITH the response from Barry Cox---seems quite clear to me how much Barry has contributed to bail her daughters out. These docs are not a 23 year old talking, they really are Barry's influence . moo

not sure how you ever completely avoid LVD or CD later trying to claim ineffective assistance of counsel- wonder if she would say that her atty told her "not to appear in Court" or that he failed to inform her of a court date or something like that. wonder if he actually has her signing documents saying that he told her about the prelim and she decided not to appear. Imagine her easily turning on an atty, IMO. Apart from that, if he used to represent her husband, even if they both agree to his representing her now, could one of them later find another document, proceeding, finding, interest, etc., and claim that it was not cured by their agreement? Does anyone think their marriage was just to avoid testifying against each other? Up until now, I imagined they had some feelings for each other, but is this entire murder extravaganza all about the $$$?

I just got "Court TV"!!! On my Roku! Will be making popcorn for August 3.

I actually took time off from work to watch the Casey Anthony trial, and I watched the entire OJ trial.

I never followed the Casey Anthony case closely...didn't live in FL then, so might have otherwise. But I remember some of us took radios in to our offices for the OJ case!! I just remember crying like crazy with the outcome.

FWIW, I also do not understand LVD and CD putting all JJV and TR's things in a storage locker. It does not really get rid of the things and it does not support the children being "safe somewhere else." It almost preserves evidence against them. Were they going to sell the things later? Stop paying for the locker? What were they thinking? It really ties them to the things and creates a lot of evidence- getting the locker, access to it, monthly billing, etc.

FWIW, I also do not understand LVD and CD putting all JJV and TR's things in a storage locker. It does not really get rid of the things and it does not support the children being "safe somewhere else." It almost preserves evidence against them. Were they going to sell the things later? Stop paying for the locker? What were they thinking? It really ties them to the things and creates a lot of evidence- getting the locker, access to it, monthly billing, etc.
Was anyone else struck at how little "stuff" was in that locker? Since no other belongings were mentioned to be found elsewhere, I assume that was all of what JJ & Tylee had at the time of their death. Maybe it says more about me than them, but my 7-year-old and 16-year-old would have a hella more than that. And I am not a hoarder. Just clothes alone would be several boxes for each child, books, toys & hobbies, keepsakes, stuffed animals, sports equipment, etc. I know Lori moved a lot and that definitely makes you travel light. And I know "things" don't bring you happiness but to me it is a sign of the life the kids led...very few things that showed they were engage in the normal activities of life. JMO

I am not aware of any independent confirmation of the statements of Tylee, Lori, or Alex after the shooting, and it is my assessment that all three statements are total fabrications.

Was anyone else struck at how little "stuff" was in that locker? Since no other belongings were mentioned to be found elsewhere, I assume that was all of what JJ & Tylee had at the time of their death. Maybe it says more about me than them, but my 7-year-old and 16-year-old would have a hella more than that. And I am not a hoarder. Just clothes alone would be several boxes for each child, books, toys & hobbies, keepsakes, stuffed animals, sports equipment, etc. I know Lori moved a lot and that definitely makes you travel light. And I know "things" don't bring you happiness but to me it is a sign of the life the kids led...very few things that showed they were engage in the normal activities of life. JMO

If I remember correctly, the police didn't take everything from the unit. That was what was left over. I could be way off just as easily. Jmo

Good catch, good point in future forward looking for the judge to use those specific terms.

I wouldn't be surprised if she donated or sold their stuff.

not sure how you ever completely avoid LVD or CD later trying to claim ineffective assistance of counsel- wonder if she would say that her atty told her "not to appear in Court" or that he failed to inform her of a court date or something like that. wonder if he actually has her signing documents saying that he told her about the prelim and she decided not to appear. Imagine her easily turning on an atty, IMO. Apart from that, if he used to represent her husband, even if they both agree to his representing her now, could one of them later find another document, proceeding, finding, interest, etc., and claim that it was not cured by their agreement? Does anyone think their marriage was just to avoid testifying against each other? Up until now, I imagined they had some feelings for each other, but is this entire murder extravaganza all about the $$$?
IMO, there is quite alot of evidence of ineffective counsel without Lori having to say anything at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry