Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess I think Prior is raising foundation to dispute potential DA claims Chad did not bury a raccoon in the backyard that morning as he claimed in his text to Tammy.
I think the raccoon is a red herring ;). It has no relevance as far as I can see. So what? Chad lied to his wife? I would only use te raccon, if my case was weak.

Also supporting this theory—Prior asking Detective if he could be misremembering and Chad never said he didn’t know Lori well, but instead said he didn’t know Lori as well as Alex.

Still a lie!

ETA: Meaning that Chad didn't know Lori as well as he knew Alex, or that Chad didn't know Lori as well as Alex did?

I think the raccoon is a red herring ;). It has no relevance as far as I can see. So what? Chad lied to his wife? I would only use te raccon, if my case was weak.
What are the chances that Chad shot and buried a raccoon in the pet cemetery and lit a bonfire on the same day and at around the same time when Alex (unbeknown to Chad) buried charred human remains there? What are the chances that Chad made up the raccoon story for no good reason but still left proof (disturbed ground and firepit) behind.

I still have concerns about the conflict with Means temporarily serving both CD and LVD at a critical time. For instance, suppose when CD was in the car in the driveway while the recovery team was digging up the children's bodies that it was Means (his attorney at the time) that he was speaking to on the phone. If during that phone call, Means advised CD to depart the property and drive somewhere to meet Means, then Means would have advised Chad to do what got him arrested that day (i.e. fleeing the scene in his vehicle).

So, couldn't that arrest be determined a problem? I.e. By doing something that resulted in Chad's arrest, Means was effectively serving his other client (Lori) instead of Chad by assuring that Chad would be arrested and could be pointed to by Lori's defense attorney as the sole co-perpetrator with AxC of the children's deaths and burials.

The way poor little JJ was wrapped and taped, IMOO it would take 2 people. Did he wake up and fight for his life? I thought at first he was overdosed or murdered while he slept but all that duct tape? JJ wasn’t a tiny child.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h

After medical examiner removed large amount of duct tape, Hermosillo says he recognized JJ Vallow. He describes his features including hairstyle from dozens of photos/video he saw over 8 months.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
This is sickening. Hermosillo says JJ’s wrists were bound with duct tape as well as his ankles. A ball of duct tape around his hands.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Cross examination led by John Prior begins.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Prior is asking about interviews with witnesses Hermosillo has recorded. The contact made with Daybell and Cox on 11/26/19 was not apparently.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h

Prior asks how many times Hermosillo spoke to Lori Vallow’s niece Melani Boudreaux. One time, he answers. Hermosillo says he asked her how he could reach Daybell/Vallow on whereabouts of JJ and Tylee.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Prior asks which other family members Hermosillo spoke to. He asks if he interviewed Garth or Emma Daybell (Chad’s kids). He did not.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Brief recess. Judge Eddins has a question and wants to discuss.

Adam Herbets @AdamHerbets 1h
Prosecutor Rob Wood is making it very clear that he is not presenting all of the evidence he has against Chad Daybell. He is accusing defense attorney John Prior of going on a "fishing expedition" to find evidence. Prior says he's "dumbfounded" with Wood's objections. Recess.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
For those who don’t know, John Prior is Daybell’s third attorney since the search for JJ and Tylee even began. Sean Bartholick was first, then Mark Means who represents Lori Vallow. After Daybell’s arrest, Prior got on the case.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Court back in session. Judge Eddins says he will stand by ruling that he will allow Prior to inquire about which witnesses Detective Hermosillo interviewed and when.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Prior asks if conversation with Melanie Gibb was recorded. Hermosillo says he spoke w/ her once in person and on phone rest of the time. Location of in person interview was in Utah.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Hermosillo says he was the lead investigator on the case and chose not to record conversation with Melanie Gibb - former best friend of Lori Vallow.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Prior is asking if there’s a reason Hermosillo doesn’t have dates of conversations with Gibb.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
But Hermosillo did clarify Lieutenant Ron Ball, his supervisor did record an interview with Gibb.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h

Prior asked if Hermosillo has clear recollection of specific conversations w/ witnesses as well as date/times. He said no.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
In initial part of investigation, RPD believed JJ went to school on 9/23 but later learned he did not. Hermosillo did not personally speak to school officials. He says Detective Hope did.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Prior takes a moment to discuss something with Daybell. He was questioning Hermosillo about the three apartments searched in Rexburg.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Hermosillo says he has no information that Alex Cox and Lori Vallow lived in same unit at the same time. During surveillance, Hermosillo tells Prior he didn’t record anything.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Prior is trying to figure out of Cox and Vallow lives together at one point. Hermosillo has no awareness of that. Vallow moved to Rexburg on 9/1 after leaving Chandler w/ her kids.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Hermosillo says he has been to the Daybell house 15-20 times. Prior is asking about the search at the property 6/9. Prior says the view from the driveway to the tree in the backyard isn’t visible.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1h
Earlier, Hermosillo described Daybell continuously looking back at the pond area from where his car was parked. Prior asks if he was looking around? Hermosillo says no. He says Daybell was looking intently at that area.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 59m
Prior questions Hermosillo’s experience in smelling burning flesh. Prior tells Judge Eddins he wants to inquire where he gets knowledge that remains were burned.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 52m
Recess. Court will reconvene in an hour.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10
Thoughts on the first part of this prelim? Questions? A lot of details to absorb.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one here that's falling apart. :(

You definitely are not alone. I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant but this is so much worse than I ever could have imagined and we are only at the 1st witness. I'm scared that if this is just what is being offered for these charges, what will come to light when the murder charges finally come. Sickening and heartbreaking.

He's doing his job. I can't decide whether he's good or bad or somewhere inbetween.
I’m glad he’s giving CD a fair defense. However, I’ve noticed his voice starts to raise and he has an attitude with some responses. It’s a huge problem for me but may not be a deterrent for others. All jmo

Edit to add: I’m not defending CD just want the trial to be fair so there’s no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myffin_of_Thunder