Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess it was whoever was in possession of "Alex's device" at that time. Probably AlC but could be LVD. IMO

Although DW and MG testified that the 3 of them were in the kitchen in Loris apt doing the podcast from 9-12pm - so it's more likely that the pings came from Alex/Alex's device while transporting JJ back to Lori's apt.

I was just thinking about that strategy! So I have no idea how it works, but is it possible they have the results and just aren’t making that public?
But then I wonder, can they withhold that from the family? And Tammy’s is taking so long.
Just random thoughts and question coming up for me on the autopsies.
Then again, I’m reminded of how they found Tylee. And it makes me ill. How in the hell do you autopsy that. It’s all so horrific. Jmo
Moo Maybe it’s more difficult with Tylee because of what happened to her. :(

I was just thinking about that strategy! So I have no idea how it works, but is it possible they have the results and just aren’t making that public?
But then I wonder, can they withhold that from the family? And Tammy’s is taking so long.
Just random thoughts and question coming up for me on the autopsies.
Then again, I’m reminded of how they found Tylee. And it makes me ill. How in the hell do you autopsy that. It’s all so horrific. Jmo
This would be a huge No, no. Attorneys have a duty to share evidence with the otherside when its available. An attorney could be sanctioned or even disbarred for purposesly withholding evidence from the otherside. Plus theyd risk really pissing off the judge. Im guessing even if they do have the autopsies they wont be released until after both trials have concluded, if ever. The kids were brutually murdered and the court may keep the autopsies sealed out of respect for the families

Moo Maybe it’s more difficult with Tylee because of what happened to her. :(
Yeah... that brings tears to my eyes. I hate it. But I’m here at this site for a reason I suppose. But I will say out loud, it’s really rocked me. I can’t imagine how those who knew and loved that beautiful child wake up. I keep saying horrific. But it’s the only word I can find. I didn’t really know these things happened in real life I guess.
I study humanity, and humans, and religion, and psychology, and thinking.
But this is real. And for me there is no explanation. And it’s put a dent in my perspective. It’s changed me.
Just needed to say that out loud.

Last edited:
Here’s a question. Can the defense call their own witnesses in a preliminary hearing? Or is the hearing focused on state’s evidence to allow a trial to go forward?
The judge asked Mr. Prior if he wished to call any witnesses after the State rested, and the lawyer responded that there would be no presentation. So yes, it seems they can. Moo.

This would be a huge No, no. Attorneys have a duty to share evidence with the otherside when its available. An attorney could be sanctioned or even disbarred for purposesly withholding evidence from the otherside. Plus theyd risk really pissing off the judge. Im guessing even if they do have the autopsies they wont be released until after both trials have concluded, if ever. The kids were brutually murdered and the court may keep the autopsies sealed out of respect for the families
Thank you for your response! I’m confused though. Do you think the autopsies are complete and just not being shared publicly?
I would think, and I may be wrong, that if they had autopsy results that would be stated and then sealed as you mentioned.
But the fact that hasn’t happened, a request to seal, makes me believe they aren’t in yet.
It just seems to be taking a long time.

Yeah... that brings tears to my eyes. I hate it. But I’m here for a reason I suppose. But I will say out loud, it’s really rocked me. I can’t imagine how those who knew and loved that beautiful child wake up. I keep saying horrific. But it’s the only word I can find. I didn’t really know these things happened in real life I guess.
But this is real. And for me there is no explanation. And it’s put a dent in my perspective. It’s changed me.
The darkness is the polarity.
The saddest thing is that in all likelihood they both believe that the childrens' deaths or sacrifices served a higher good.
And that whoever had the power to bring about their deaths serves a higher cause.
And received the appropriate authority through birthright or through some completely bizarre delusion, hallucination or belief .
I'm wondering whether the approximate dates of the childrens' departures occurred in or around the time of any auspicious spiritually significant ceremonies?

They all leave holes in all of us, you are not alone. I wish you strength.

Thank you for keeping me company tonight Sleuthers whether you meant to or not.
Tylee is on my my mind. The testimony was brutal. And it occurs to me Tylee knew what was happening to her as it happened.
I thought of this song. I wish she would have been able to become the woman she envisioned herself to become.
Please stay safe and take good care.

The judge asked Mr. Prior if he wished to call any witnesses after the State rested, and the lawyer responded that there would be no presentation. So yes, it seems they can. Moo.
Thats my bad, I misspoke they can produce witness but they have no obligation to. Sorry guys civil produres is not my strong suit I should have double checked

Thank you for your response! I’m confused though. Do you think the autopsies are complete and just not being shared publicly?
I would think, and I may be wrong, that if they had autopsy results that would be stated and then sealed as you mentioned.
But the fact that hasn’t happened, a request to seal, makes me believe they aren’t in yet.
It just seems to be taking a long time.
Honestly I have no idea. The bodies could have been sent to the FBI or they could have been locally. In generally forsenic reports take a long time to get back and I can only imagine that COVID has helped further slow down the process. The time to get results back can vary greatly by jurisdicition and there case load.

Yeah... that brings tears to my eyes. I hate it. But I’m here at this site for a reason I suppose. But I will say out loud, it’s really rocked me. I can’t imagine how those who knew and loved that beautiful child wake up. I keep saying horrific. But it’s the only word I can find. I didn’t really know these things happened in real life I guess.

I can’t imagine killing a child that you carried for 9 months, raised and protected. Or your special child that you adopted with the promise to do the same. Love. Protect. Love. Protect.

MOO

Do you think Kay and Larry will be attending Lori's hearing next week? I sure do hope so.

Absolutely! They are in this for the long haul. I don’t see them missing any court dates that they are allowed to be at! It will be interesting to see if anyone else besides Kay and Larry show up for Lori’s hearing. MOO

Yeah that’s cause Mr Prior can’t call the fall guy, Alex. JMO

I guess he can dream
Are there any examples of cases being moved out of state anywhere in the US? The expense alone would be mind boggling. I can’t imagine Madison or Fremont county have the funds to do that. I have heard of trials being moved a county or two, but never between states.

Just did a quick search and have not seen any state to state....but we need AZlawyer or other law person here. IF this was a HUGE noted death penalty case I would say maybe slight chance....but this is not. I don’t think it will go out of state. Usually from whatI read it is town to town or county to county.

In my opinion, this is a train wreck. I don't think either will be in control. MM is simply not experienced in this area at all and it will show. This is not a movie.

I think JP did a very good job with very limited time and let's just say resources. I think CD is smarter than many may give him credit for and his attention to detail during the case says a lot.

LV is well not really experienced in the things that will be pertinent in the courtroom. There is no way she could try to control this. She'd be shut down.

I think many have stated that the PA has shown their hand more than one would in a typical prelim and we know the outcome. We now have several of the same witnesses and similar evidence. Do you think that was done for not only this case but ALSO the LV case so maybe hold their cards closer to their vest in that prelim. (That's a question, not what I necessarily think) Again, you just need enough probable cause to be bound over. Maybe they don't want to overplay their hand on the LV side?

What would be the pros and cons of waiving the prelim? I think MM is unqualified but beyond that. Would a scenario like that help/hurt the defense?

From answers I got I agree. I just hate seeing a circus like with Baez and Anthony. MM is way out of his league. IMOO she is ‘playing’ him...oh the lying stories.

I think/hope this is ok to post. It’s from KSL News and I feel it’s relevant to this case because it goes in depth into the FBI’s Evidence Response Team and how they analyze various crime scenes. It’s very interesting and gives quite a bit of insight as to how Steven Daniels goes about his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry