Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MG sincerely asked Alex about whether he believed in zombies.

I believe she was strongly leaning that way herself, and probably engaged with Lori regarding Tylee being difficult, hard to manage as a teen, and perhaps she even verbalized that maybe Tylee was a zombie with Lori. and Chad knows this.

And remember, Melanie did walk away from a husband and four sons, one who did have some medical or behavioral issues. I certainly don't think Melanie would have been a maternal image to Tylee!!!

The defense might just want to assure that the jury does not think Melanie Gibb is the pure and honest person here. This could help damage her credibility down the road.

all moo of course.

I got that impression, too; that Tylee was not likable to MG, when in fact, if Tylee acted out, it might have been her way to get the attention of MG. Picking on someone so that they can be drawn into the conversation as an adult.

But the other thing that bothers me is that Lori supposedly thought at some point that Tylee was her sister reincarnated.

I initially thought of Stacy and wondered if Lori felt the same way about Stacy as she did about Tylee. Or, was it the infant deceased sister Laura, whom Lori never knew, but must have heard about being nearly her namesake.

As for CD and AC "not being the sharpest tools in the shed". I bet that the FBI agents literally couldn't believe how impossibly dense they were to dispose of bodies in the backyard.

Geez, toss em in the back of the truck, and there is a heck of a lot of space up there...but, no, let's just tuck them in the yard, by the pet cemetery.
I wonder if CD sold the burial site as some sort of 'Hallowed Ground', that he had 'blessed' for the animals?

Dang it! I was so looking forward to next week.
She would have her mask on anyway. Hope the murder charges come for the kids, for Tammy and for Charles. Heck, Alex too.

I want to see her real face when the judge tells her she is going to prison for life. Wonder if they can strip that mask off for that one minute? :mad:

...As we all gather here together chit chatting in total freedom, they have n-o-t-h-i-n-g......
Not even the money that they so desperately craved...Oh, the irony of it all...So many murders...so much money...so little time to spend it...Had they known where it would all end, would they have chosen the same path?

I somehow think that CD would not have. Meeting LVD was his downfall. IMO, CD was a Humpty Dumpty taken in by the popular HS cheerleader that he always wished to have but never could compete with the popular HS athlete. He was duped and apparently willing to do anything to get her.

Everything comes with a price, Chad. Murder, lust, money...What I wouldn't give to know what he is thinking, at this point.

JMO.

I don't think that prisoners are permitted to contact other prisoners. They can still communicate through their lawyers, though.

BBM.
1. I tend to think that MG was in awe/a little bit in love with Lori ; and
2. IMO being the mother to teenage boys is very different to being a mother of teenage girls. As a mother of both, I can tell you there are plenty of teenge girls that I dislike.

Yeah...same here.

I have been thinking every since Chad's preliminary and all the things he sat through, listening to tapes, etc. I KNEW Lori would not want to sit through that since she has to over talk everyone and blurt out scriptures, interrupt, etc., any means necessary to keep control of the conversation. She would have had to be restrained in court to keep her quiet when listening to Melani G testify, watching Colby testify (possibly), and a host of other people who would show what a liar she is. This was predictable. I was looking forward to it, however.

She knew. Lori told her Tylee was at BYU. She knew Tylee was too young to be there. Why didn’t she and Lori go see Tylee while they were walking on the track at BYU?

She knew JJ was home Monday morning, yet he wasn’t. David asked to see him and Lori said he was at Uncle Alex’s. Why didn’t they call Uncle Alex so they could walk over and tell JJ goodbye? Because they knew he wasn’t there. He was already labeled a zombie.

MG just wants to save her own behind.
I agree with your last sentence, but I don't think MG knew that the children were dead until it was too late. She dismissed the warning signs for sure, which to me proves that she was deep into the cult. Lori and Chad were her spiritual leaders at one point and they could do no wrong. (IMO)

As for CD and AC "not being the sharpest tools in the shed". I bet that the FBI agents literally couldn't believe how impossibly dense they were to dispose of bodies in the backyard.

Geez, toss em in the back of the truck, and there is a heck of a lot of space up there...but, no, let's just tuck them in the yard, by the pet cemetery.
I can't even imagine the jaw dropping moment when agent Dean first read that text from September 9th. He had to have been stunned with disbelief. Moo.

By waiving it, she will lose the opportunity to see how some of that evidence "plays" in open court. It is true that the evidence isn't necessarily presented in its full detail in a preliminary hearing (it's only presented with intent to convince the judge there is sufficient evidence to hold the defendant over for trial), but at this point by waiving the preliminary hearing, Lori and her attorney are left only with how the evidence against Chad played in open court against the defendant, Chad.

And it's likely not exactly the same evidence and it certainly isn't the same person - the two children's MOTHER. Presumably, Means is aware of the evidence ahead of the preliminary hearing, so he would know the nature and extent of it. A person observing might be inclined to conclude it is very incriminating.

IF Means had any plans to argue a necessity for change of venue, I'm surprised he didn't argue for going ahead with the preliminary hearing, watching what happened with the press and public opinion, and attempting to use that as basis for the necessity of the change. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm trying to remember what Means and Prior each said about possible future change of venue when talking about allowing video in the courtroom for Lori's preliminary hearing. Could Prior and Means be hoping to try in separate venues?

Good points. good questions.

I really did think it would get waived (actually was thinking that Lori would not be able to handle it publicly).

And because of that guy...Scott something?? The Crime Court Tv guy??
Anyway, questions up-thread discussed that he had stated they SHOULD have brought up changes to include murder in the prelim.

I had asked if they could try that with Lori first??? Would have been sooo hard on her to have those charges, and not Chad yet.

Feeling more confident again...as to how much they have to pin on them.

Any speculation as to when the trial would begin? Sorry if it was answered in the meeting earlier. I missed most of it

I do believe this one is still not clear. So I hope someone will chime in as to whether lori was there or not. Nate could just ask good friend Melanie!
I thought MG said Lori did NOT go with them.
I need to go back and listen again

MG sincerely asked Alex about whether he believed in zombies.

I believe she was strongly leaning that way herself, and probably engaged with Lori regarding Tylee being difficult, hard to manage as a teen, and perhaps she even verbalized that maybe Tylee was a zombie with Lori. and Chad knows this.

And remember, Melanie did walk away from a husband and four sons, one who did have some medical or behavioral issues. I certainly don't think Melanie would have been a maternal image to Tylee!!!

The defense might just want to assure that the jury does not think Melanie Gibb is the pure and honest person here. This could help damage her credibility down the road.

all moo of course.
Interestingly, at least one of Tylee's friends' mothers was a mother figure to Tylee, as was Lori to her daughter.

Last edited:
I agree with your last sentence, but I don't think MG knew that the children were dead until it was too late. She dismissed the warning signs for sure, which to me proves that she was deep into the cult. Lori and Chad were her spiritual leaders at one point and they could do no wrong. (IMO)
I suppose that’s what I’m trying to get across. So she didn’t know they were dead. But she had to know they were disposed of. But again, she left her four boys for her new life, so maybe she didn’t care. And hey, I apologize in advance if I sound harsh. I am a mom and I won’t cut her any slack. That whole bunch didn’t like children.

I wonder if CD sold the burial site as some sort of 'Hallowed Ground', that he had 'blessed' for the animals?

My guess is that CD wanted as much control as possible and where better to have that than his own backyard. There, no stranger was going to be walking their dog that would dig up an area up that smelled odd and discover remains. To get on that property, a dog would have to get through a fence and a person would need to be invited or have probable cause to obtain a search warrant.

Chad and Lori thought they were in the clear throughout October and most of November, until that late November welfare check occurred. And then, once MG supported the lie (at least temporarily), they thought they were in the clear again during their Thanksgiving trip to California with Chad's children. It was only after MG contacted Chad and Lori on Dec 8 that they knew (or should have known) the proverbial s*** was going to hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966