Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping that the jury is not sequestered for any of the trials, as that tends to help the defendants. OJ Simpson trial, Casey Anthony trial, just to name two.

Trial Jan 11th to 29th 2021, 9am-5pm

Pre-Trial conference Dec 10th 10.30am

And my hope is that the prosecution will have many motion in limine hearings to keep out much of the chaff they may want to bring in for their SQUIRREL type defense.. look here, look there.. look anywhere to all this irrelavant stuff other than the murder (as did Caylee Anthony trial.. which she was acquitted)

I do hope that these days prosecutors are ready for stuff like Baez did, and Wood will be on the offensive to keep out of the trial. How Baez was able to get into his statements that awful stuff about abuse from her father... I would hate to see this happening with this trial. It's a hail Mary that could be in plan to happen, and I hope again, many motions in limine to halt and prevent.

Motion in limine - Wikipedia

Off to watch Chad's livestream... here is one link of many...

Last edited:
boycezoom.JPG

boycezoom.JPG We are live! Judge Boyce in a zoom. Chad has his typical red tie, white shirt..He is with Prior. He again waives the reading of the charges.

ETA: Last time, the judge ignored that request and read the charges.

Durn, he didn't read the charges as the other judge did after he asked to waive? durn.... I thought he would read the charges. Darn darn darn...

He did state the charge and penalties... but none of the details the other judge did.

Trial Jan 11th to 29th 2021, 9am-5pm

Last edited:
Already doing the visual of little ol' me and dressing in oversized shirts to make him look small. Surprised he didn't even put his chair low like CA.

Pffft.

Prosecutor is saying January 2021 is ok, and both prosecution and defense thinks

3 weeks for trial .

Jan 11-29th now scheduled Trial Jan 11th to 29th 2021, 9am-5pm

@Niner) for this.

Judge did not federal holiday (MLK) in that, but all are ok...

Again MOO, this trial date will be moved AT LEAST twice... it won't happen then MOO

Last edited:
10th Jan 2020:

MATT DAYBELL’S ENTIRE STATEMENT

Due to the circumstances surrounding the unknown whereabouts of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, and the suspicious death investigation of Tammy Daybell, I feel I must make an official statement at this time. My name is Matt Daybell. My wife is Heather Daybell. We have been residents of the Rexburg area for over 15 years. Chad Daybell is my oldest brother. I have not seen nor directly spoken to Chad since Tammy’s memorial here in Rexburg on October 23, 2019. Since that time, I have texted Chad twice. Once, when I heard from a neighbor of his quick marriage to Lori Vallow, expressing to him my shock and dismay at this news. Second, just recently, pleading with Chad to cooperate with authorities and reveal the whereabouts of his new stepchildren.

I have not been close to Chad since childhood. My immediate family has had little association with Chad the last many years due to our concerns with his religious claims and particular books he had chosen to publish, including his own. We are deeply saddened at the recent events that have played out the last several months. It is our hope and prayer that JJ and Tylee are safe. We want for the truth to be found – whatever that truth turns out to be. Neither I, nor my wife and children have any more information than what has been reported by the news media. I plead again for Chad to come forward and cooperate with the investigation so that this very difficult situation might be resolved. My wife and I ask for privacy for us and for our children and will not be giving any further comments at this time.

Chad Daybell's brother issues statement 'pleading' for him to cooperate with investigation | East Idaho News
Thank you for linking this article. I had not read it, but have seen references to it in some of the posts. It’s interesting to see that CD’s younger brother Matt had distanced himself years ago due to religious views. MOO

Thank you for linking this article. I had not read it, but have seen references to it in some of the posts. It’s interesting to see that CD’s younger brother Matt had distanced himself years ago due to religious views. MOO

And also interesting that Chad mentioned that his SIL was against him in the MG call on December 8th 2019 with Lori/Chad in HI that was heard in court. So their "non-support" was entered into the legal forum for all to know about in Chad's hearing. They didn't wait for media to out it, they stated not only to LE ?MOO but Chad knew even on December 8th that they were working with LE, or at least he thought/expected they were.

Last edited:
And also interesting that Chad mentioned that his SIL was against him in the MG call on December 8th with Lori/Chad in HI that was heard in court. So their "non-support" was entered into the legal forum for all to know about in Chad's hearing. They didn't wait for media to out it, they stated not only to LE ?MOO but Chad knew even on December 8th that they were working with LE, or at least he thought/expected they were.
In my opinion, CD referred to “Tammy’s sister” as his SIL who was against in MG’s call to him and LVD on December 8th that was heard in court. I don’t know her name, but it was mentioned in one of NE’s articles as the one who pointed out the pet cemetery. I agree about their “non-support” being entered into the legal forum for all to know at the hearing! MO also, but I’m not sure how much they knew on December 8th, but they did ask if the call was being recorded, so they suspected something, IMO.

Yes, I remember that, too. I think that might be the same brother whose wife just released the letter, but I'm not 100% positive. JMOO

What strikes me is that those extended family members who believed Chad over the woman who wrote the letter is that Chad's ideas are way out there -- like WAY OUT, so those extended family members had to make a big leap of logic in order to believe him.

Since we know normal LDS teachings don't include zombies or portals, how did those church members get to the point where they could actually believe Chad's nonsense? It seems as though Melaniece might have believed it, and I'm glad her children are safe with her ex. But who else believed it? They had 60 burner phones and email addresses assigned to them, so this is bigger than it appears at first glance, JMOO.

All of the Preparing a People podcasts were long ago removed from the net so we don't know the extent of their support for Chad's movement, but in my opinion, he was recruiting from that group. Thanks for your post. I really liked it!
Thanks for yours too! <modsnip>

Some of my work associates are with members of the LDS faith and what stands out in my mind is the strong family and work ethic they express. MOO Never heard of zombies or portals from any of those co-workers. However, my son mentioned zombies in some of his video games from years ago. LOL It is astonishing that a grown woman may have feared two of her children were zombies, in my opinion. BB is very lucky he was able to get away safely with those children! MOO

I don’t know how extensive any of these groups (anti-gov, prep, etc.). IMO Most of the podcasts were removed early on, and I heard only parts of a few of them. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @Tortoise for those links and everyone else who provided sources!

Chad looks so thin. I’ll bet he’s a nervous wreck. I actually like Mr Prior.

Going back to catch up & read all those sites above.
I “lucked out” today and tuned into YouTube exactly at noon and saw it live.

Many countries have free press and allow jurors to go home at the end of a court day. Other countries have strong rules around what a juror can and cannot discuss and I believe the US is one of those countries. Jurors, as far as I am aware, are not allowed to discuss the case whilst it is onging, with anyone, to do so, would mean that the jury is tainted and would be removed (or in any case that particular juror would be removed). Why do you think that it would be a problem?
People are curious. How do you make sure they don’t listen to the news or read newspaper articles or get on the internet?

People are curious. How do you make sure they don’t listen to the news or read newspaper articles or get on the internet?
Well, it doesn't seem to have been an issue in any other high profile cases, so why would this jury be any different? Juries are directed by the judge and by all accounts, take their duties seriously. Of course, there is trust that juries will be their duty and by and large they do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member