Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think they're going to go down that road. Lori will claim she trusted Alex to take the children to someplace where other cultists would care for them, while Chad will claim Alex wanted to us his pet cemetery for animals he needed to bury. Since we know Alex' phone was pinging out there and Alex can't defend himself anymore (probably wouldn't, anyway), I think we can assume--barring actual DNA of Chad's found on the kids--they'll pin it all on Alex, and the jury will have enough question for reasonable doubt.

I sure hope it doesn't go down that way -- but I can see it happening, especially if they get a jury member who thinks along the same lines they think.

JMOO
But what was the motive for taking the kids away? There were no threats to Tylee (ever) and not even JJ in the early September. The couple of emails that Kay sent to Lori by then were non-threatening. Did she keep in touch with the kids through Alex? What about after his death? Why did she spend all the kids' money on herself?

Also, what animals? There's no indication that Alex kept pets. They barely just moved to Rexburg. Would you offer someone your pet cemetery to bury their pet? And where was Chad during those two hours Alex was there? Burning limbs and burying a raccoon?

ETA: If the paneling found on top of JJ's body came from Chad's barn, then he can't deny his active involvement. The green bucket found in Tylee's grave might also be his.

I think they'll have to come up with something better.

Last edited:
Please correct me if I am wrong. As I recall, one of CD’s brothers spoke publicly about the need for Chad to tell what he knew about the whereabouts of the missing children. I am so hesitant to post since I do not like being attacked and would prefer to be corrected if my understanding is not exactly the situation. Thank you!

Yes, I remember that, too. I think that might be the same brother whose wife just released the letter, but I'm not 100% positive. JMOO

What strikes me is that those extended family members who believed Chad over the woman who wrote the letter is that Chad's ideas are way out there -- like WAY OUT, so those extended family members had to make a big leap of logic in order to believe him.

Since we know normal LDS teachings don't include zombies or portals, how did those church members get to the point where they could actually believe Chad's nonsense? It seems as though Melaniece might have believed it, and I'm glad her children are safe with her ex. But who else believed it? They had 60 burner phones and email addresses assigned to them, so this is bigger than it appears at first glance, JMOO.

All of the Preparing a People podcasts were long ago removed from the net so we don't know the extent of their support for Chad's movement, but in my opinion, he was recruiting from that group. Thanks for your post. I really liked it!

But what was the motive for taking the kids away? There were no threats to Tylee (ever) and not even JJ in the early September. The couple of emails that Kay sent to Lori by then were non-threatening. Did she keep in touch with the kids through Alex? What about after his death? Why did she spend all the kids' money on herself?

Also, what animals? There's no indication that Alex kept pets. They barely just moved to Rexburg. Would you offer someone your pet cemetery to bury their pet? And where was Chad during those two hours Alex was there? Burning limbs and burying a raccoon?

I think they'll have to come up with something better.

I agree it's a long shot, but they're murderers, so I don't think they'll have anything better. I think everything hinges on putting all of the blame on Alex. And, while I think his death is more than suspicious, the autopsy said it was natural (although it contains a disclosure that it could be changed if more evidence comes to light).

I'm not sure a change of venue will help either one of them since the people most likely to be sympathetic live in Rexburg. JMOO.

Alex probably didn't own any pets, but I don't think that will keep CD from claiming he asked to use the pet cemetery to bury a couple of dead animals.

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose, but CD looked as though he was confident and in control at his prelim, so I can't imagine he's going to plead guilty. He think's he can beat this--JMOO--and I don't see any defense other than throwing dead Alex under the bus.

Yes, I remember that, too. I think that might be the same brother whose wife just released the letter, but I'm not 100% positive. JMOO

What strikes me is that those extended family members who believed Chad over the woman who wrote the letter is that Chad's ideas are way out there -- like WAY OUT, so those extended family members had to make a big leap of logic in order to believe him.

Since we know normal LDS teachings don't include zombies or portals, how did those church members get to the point where they could actually believe Chad's nonsense? It seems as though Melaniece might have believed it, and I'm glad her children are safe with her ex. But who else believed it? They had 60 burner phones and email addresses assigned to them, so this is bigger than it appears at first glance, JMOO.

All of the Preparing a People podcasts were long ago removed from the net so we don't know the extent of their support for Chad's movement, but in my opinion, he was recruiting from that group. Thanks for your post. I really liked it!
Yes, that was the same brother.

All Chad's relatives needed to believe is that he was a visionary. He could spin his tales from there.

I think the people he managed to recruit also believed in multiple probations. He was telling them about their past lives and made them feel important. He could point out their "dark" and "light" relatives. Perhaps he stopped short of calling them zombies. MG said that Chad's doctrine was documented, so maybe electronic data will show how many people received it.

Last edited:
We'll just have to wait and see I suppose, but CD looked as though he was confident and in control at his prelim, so I can't imagine he's going to plead guilty. He think's he can beat this--JMOO--and I don't see any defense other than throwing dead Alex under the bus.
I totally agree about Chad thinking that he can get away with it. His arrogance brought him where he is. It looked like he'll throw both Alex and Lori under the bus.

I'll tell ya what makes me think that. Prior's line of questioning about how close LVD and AC were. He practically insinuated incest IMO.

All JMO.

I agree. Imo wait until more charges are leveled at CD. At most now it’s 10 yrs max plus a fine. When he’s charged with murder or conspiracy to commit murder, me thinks CD’s tune will change.
I still feel Chad will flip on Lori to save his own butt- strongly suggested by Mr Prior.

Last edited:
I wonder where JJ thought Tylee had gone after Tylee disappeared two weeks before JJ’s death. They probably told him Tylee had gone off to college. That’s sad because JJ was close to Tylee. Thus this leads me to believe the plan to kill the kids had to be in September to explain Tylee’s absence. With Tylee gone JJ would most likely act out more frequently- thus JJ needed to be killed. How sad.

Regarding Chad’s family, MG or any party other than the two principles, who really wants to believe their brother or friend is a killer? We all have dysfunction in our families but we don’t think they would actually turn into child killers. I may think my brother is a jerk but never would I believe he would kill anyone. Chad was a somewhat popular author and publisher, was married for years prior to LV, & did appear successful.

I don’t think MG, DW or anyone else (alive) was involved in the murders. I know I would probably give my friends the benefit of the doubt up until they were arrested. As humans we tend to want to think people we know aren’t capable of bad things. Just because we think some folks are weird, we still don’t think they are capable of murdering children.

I certainly hope MG gets an attorney now. I was very surprised she hadn’t secured one prior to her testimony. An attorney would have guided her on what and what not to say, as she was pretty raw on the stand.

Today I was thinking about the violent and very hands on way that the children died and were buried. Evident by the situation in the bathroom, Alex Cox also suffered a violent and uncomfortable death. TD falling out of bed and dying is evidence for a violent and uncomfortable death. CV died a very violent and very hands on death. Someone shot at BB. MBP was recorded acting very violent and aggressively during a 911 call by her father. It was reported by a neighbor that LV screamed at Alex Cox out in the street. Because the killer(s) were so "hands on", I think that there may be more evident revealing who did what murder. I wonder if they go to trial, much more evidence of violent behavior will be revealed for both? There is a reason BB and MG feared for their lives. JMO

I've always been a bit suspicious of that "falling out of bed" and dying part. It seems to me like a CD embellishment. How did he know she fell out of bed anyway? Jmo

I really think they're going to go down that road. Lori will claim she trusted Alex to take the children to someplace where other cultists would care for them, while Chad will claim Alex wanted to us his pet cemetery for animals he needed to bury. Since we know Alex' phone was pinging out there and Alex can't defend himself anymore (probably wouldn't, anyway), I think we can assume--barring actual DNA of Chad's found on the kids--they'll pin it all on Alex, and the jury will have enough question for reasonable doubt.

I sure hope it doesn't go down that way -- but I can see it happening, especially if they get a jury member who thinks along the same lines they think.

JMOO

We haven't heard where CD's phone was pinging yet during the murders and burials. That weird raccoon text was recovered from TD's phone. I'm hoping his phone has been recovered from that time frame. Also, how would he (CD) explain the 2 additional visits from AC to CD's house? Jmo

I've always been a bit suspicious of that "falling out of bed" and dying part. It seems to me like a CD embellishment. How did he know she fell out of bed anyway? Jmo
He claimed he found her on the floor, but also that she was coughing and vomiting during the night. It was posted by one of our VIs (@Maxxer500):

"I was told by family that Chad woke up in the morning to find Tammy had fallen out of bed and found her cold when he went to check on her. I was also told she woke up in the middle of the night to the coughing and vomiting, and I assume Chad woke up and witnessed this, but Tammy went back to bed at some point. It's been pointed out to me though that what happened that night has likely only been told by Chad, and he's been shown as lying to everyone for some time now."

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #3

Tammy's obituary says that she died peacefully in her sleep. The bottom line is, Chad is a liar.
Obituary for Tamara Michelle Daybell at Flamm Funeral Home

Hoping that the jury is not sequestered for any of the trials, as that tends to help the defendants. OJ Simpson trial, Casey Anthony trial, just to name two.

I wonder if they can afford to sequester a jury.

I was reading up on this a little since it isn't the most common way of dealing with juries. Amazing what one can learn related to being on this forum. Jmo

Since we know normal LDS teachings don't include zombies or portals, how did those church members get to the point where they could actually believe Chad's nonsense?

I think you have a good point, most religious extremists do use beliefs already accepted by the group as valid- then take distort them to, well, extreme levels. Likewise some groups such as ISIS demand total acceptance of all "teachings".

There is a possibility, however, that this church functioned as more of an umbrella for a movement. In this case, members came together because they have a lot- but not necessarily everything in common. Members remain autonomous and can openly accept some beliefs advanced by other members while discretely uhmm.... "de-emphasizing" others.

Thus, while openly disputing, let alone ridiculing the "zombie teaching" of a senior movement member was probably not a good idea, there might not be a requirement that the belief be openly affirmed either.

I too am hesitant as to whether adding murder charges will be done. This was in my FB notify feed today from Jan 29, 2020 and I watched (Caylee Anthony case). "@26:35 it states that many who followed the case thought that a guilty verdict is likely. ..and the prosecutor said "as difficult as it may be that anyone would accept that a mother would intentionally kill her own child. " Follows as this prosecutor said "no mom would not tell that their daughter was missing for 31 days."

I do feel for the prosecutor as to laying charges of murder, and the Caylee Anthony case may be similar as the jury foreman at the end stated "we didn't know how she died"

WTH! :banghead:

So, perhaps the prosecutors there are in the same quandry. Not only did they not hold her guilty for murder, but not even for child abuse/neglect charges in Florida.

This is on topic as to a comparison MOO and will always be a horror story for law and justice

JMOO

We still have to wait until trial, to find out how each of their phone pings correlate to the times of when the crimes/clean up/disposal happened. It would be fascinating to find if LV's phone was found pinging the same time/area as AC's and CD's. There's that old saying "Many hands make light work."

Hi Everyone,

Is Chad's court appearance today going to be live-streamed?

Thanks,
Tricia

We still have to wait until trial, to find out how each of their phone pings correlate to the times of when the crimes/clean up/disposal happened. It would be fascinating to find if LV's phone was found pinging the same time/area as AC's and CD's. There's that old saying "Many hands make light work."

I thought it was interesting in the request for discovery that has come to light this week that the prosecution is asking if either defendant is planning on using mental condition as a defense.

Also of interest is that although Chad has entered a Not Guilty plea, Lori has not entered any plea at all. Both defendants are aware that not all digital evidence has been presented. What is holding Lori back from entering a plea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876