Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even better, sentence her for murder down in AZ. Sadly I believe Maracopa Cty dismantled their tent city jail but perhaps they’ll put a tent back up just for Lori.
I think the police botched the investigation and contaminated the scene and the DA will never get a conviction in AZ. However, filing charges would put pressure on her.

I agree and IMO, it was an act of disrespect for them to move in just when the children were found. Where did they live before?
They lived across the street - catty- (kitty) corner to Chad's home. On the day when the bodies were found, Chad parked in their driveway so he could watch the progress (before he took off). The next day when Tylee's remains were exhumed, they moved from across the street INTO Chad's home. The son who was living there when Tammy and the kids were murdered moved OUT that same day. Lots of activity, as you might imagine.

I just don't see her lifting Tylee's body, putting it in the car (where was Alex?), driving to Chad's place and then passively observe Chad doing all the rest. They had to work as quickly as possible, so two people were more useful than one. I see no reason why Alex would not be the second person.

I don't find the discrepancy too important. Lori might have left early with JJ or stayed in the car with him (there's no explanation of his whereabouts for that viewing trip). Maybe she drove past Chad's property, but surely didn't set foot in the backyard because Tammy was still alive.

Yes, Tammy was still alive, but that did not stop whoever it was who tried to shoot her on this same property just a couple of weeks later. This could have been an opportunity to check out entries and exits to the property.

I have a feeling that Lori was not intimidated by Tammy, and I think it has been established that Lori was a risk-taker and excitement seeker.

I wouldn't put it past her being on the Daybell property prior to Tammy's death. It was a Sunday, so maybe Tammy was at church, and there are a million different excuses Lori could have used if she got caught there.

And I can totally see Lori wanting to visit Tylee's grave and speak to Tylee's "spirit" about the night of her death, to relieve Lori's own feelings of guilt.

It is all speculation on my part, but this viewing of a vacant lot puts both Alex and Lori very close to the site of Tylee's grave, the very day of JJ's murder, revisiting the scene of the crime, and scoping out the property for her plan for getting rid of Tammy.

In my opinion she knows what happened to the items, but where in that article does it state she has knowledge?
It didn't - I made a leap when I assumed she would know what was happening on her own property. I can hear people moving around, walking, rustling in the grass when people walk on the trail near my home and I live on an acre and a half. Certainly there would have been some noise or movement that would disturb neighborhood dogs who might alert the homeowners. I should have just indicated MOO

They lived across the street - catty- (kitty) corner to Chad's home. On the day when the bodies were found, Chad parked in their driveway so he could watch the progress (before he took off). The next day when Tylee's remains were exhumed, they moved from across the street INTO Chad's home. The son who was living there when Tammy and the kids were murdered moved OUT that same day. Lots of activity, as you might imagine.

Someone from Rexburg mentioned this was a pre-planned move. I got the feeling the M family had to be out of their house that day. Jmo

No matter the level of DW's hearing impediment, IMO it's despicable to exploit it in court for the purpose of confusing and intimidating a witness.
Yes, that was DEFINITELY what Prior was doing. It didn't work as Wood was able to clarify that DW did in fact see JJ the night of the 22nd. By playing games with the distance of his microphone and some jibbity-jabbering inviting objection and responses requiring Judge Eddin's intervention, Prior was trying to confuse DW in such a way that his testimony in response to questioning would not be clear about that fact.

Those antics will not play well in front of a jury.

Yes, that was DEFINITELY what Prior was doing. It didn't work as Wood was able to clarify that DW did in fact see JJ the night of the 22nd. By playing games with the distance of his microphone and some jibbity-jabbering inviting objection and responses requiring Judge Eddin's intervention, Prior was trying to confuse DW in such a way that his testimony in response to questioning would not be clear about that fact.

Those antics will not play well in front of a jury.

I need to look it up but I'm quite sure he violated some section of the ADA. Pure speculation along with being "quite sure". Jmo

Could be. But three flat, mostly featureless acres is a really small piece of highly visible property, open on two sides to regularly traveled roads and surrounded by fairly close neighbors. People are nosy. People have binoculars. Burning a body (which presumably smells like something cooking) without any kind of camouflage or concealment is asking for discovery. Why would he have planned such a task? He is accustomed to working out story arcs, even if bizarre ones, for his novels. Could he not see the plot hole in this tale? JMO
I agree! IMO LE most probably interviewed neighbors who live in surrounding properties/farms unless they were already deceased on Sept 29, 2019 from a pulmonary embolism.;):( JMO

I think the police botched the investigation and contaminated the scene and the DA will never get a conviction in AZ. However, filing charges would put pressure on her.

This was mentioned the other day and I would typically agree. However, they may now have digital evidence making the botched investigation somewhat irrelevant. No clue if they actually do but just a thought

I need to look it up but I'm quite sure he violated some section of the ADA. Pure speculation along with being "quite sure". Jmo

Q. What kinds of auxiliary aids and services are required by the ADA to ensure effective communication with individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing or who are blind/have low vision?
A. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may include services and devices such as qualified interpreters on-site or through video remote interpreting (VRI) services; note takers; real-time computer-aided transcription services; written materials; exchange of written notes; telephone handset amplifiers; assistive listening devices; assistive listening systems; telephones compatible with hearing aids; closed caption decoders; open and closed captioning, including real-time captioning; voice, text, and video-based telecommunications products and systems, including text telephones (TTYs), videophones, and captioned telephones, or equally effective telecommunications devices; videotext displays; accessible electronic and information technology; or other effective methods of making aurally delivered information available to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.

The Americans with Disabilities Act Questions and Answers | ADA National Network and Local Governments

My opinion? Prior needs to watch himself. He could open himself up for an ethics complaint. Jmo

This was mentioned the other day and I would typically agree. However, they may now have digital evidence making the botched investigation somewhat irrelevant. No clue if they actually do but just a thought
Oh I wish they had actual video footage. Who shoots a guy four times when it’s one man against another and Alex saw Charles down on the first shot. Alex didn’t want Charles to live through the murder and say what really happened.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I thought that Chad's children were told by their father not to talk to police (or Tammy's part of the family). It's hard to obtain an interview if people aren't talking.

Document the lack of evidence. Holes have meaning, too, or at
least inferences can be made from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
MP? IP? AC? An unnamed person who is involved we don’t know about? All jmo
Why would any of the actors involved call the police to volunteer info on JJ? I can see a neighbor reporting that Alex and Lori left, but what about the part about the Arizona homicide investigation? Neighbors wouldn't know anything about it. The timing of the call was odd if it wasn't about the events of that morning or previous night.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already. Part of the timeline:

The next morning — Nov. 27, 2019 — the Rexburg Police Department is asked to serve a search warrant at the request of Arizona authorities. A Madison County Sheriff’s dispatch log indicates a phone pinged at the 565 Pioneer Road townhomes at that moment. The log also indicated the call related to a missing 7-year-old, now known to be JJ, and “homicide” investigations in Arizona. When police arrived, they discovered the Daybells had “abruptly” left.

The timeline in the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan | East Idaho News

Do we know who called Madison County SO dispatch from Lori's townhouse area on the morning of Nov 27 in relation to JJ AND an Arizona homicide case?
The neighbor across the way, to tip off the police about the sudden departure? I'm sure they knew at that point something was up, given all the strangeness and having not seen JJ for 2 months and the police presence the day before. Moo.

I wouldn't put it past her being on the Daybell property prior to Tammy's death. It was a Sunday, so maybe Tammy was at church, and there are a million different excuses Lori could have used if she got caught there.
It's not clear if the viewing of the property took place in the late morning or in the afternoon. IMO there's a better chance that Tammy and another relative were home than on a weekday. I can't think of a good excuse if she caught Lori in the middle of her pet cemetery. On a Sunday Lori could have been spotted by neighbors, too. Driving by seems doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot