Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Lori’s trial has been moved up a month.

Something’s going on. Pressure, pressure and more pressure.

I think Prior will play hardball. I personally like his style.

No I don’t think they will have separate juries if tried together. It will be the same evidence in both.

It has??!!

@Tortoise - has it been moved up? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

and edited to add: - does LV still have a guardianship hearing on 9/30/20? Thanks!

Court TV expands internationally with launch of new channel in the United Kingdom

Court TV is now available on Sky Television Channel 179, with more distribution agreements expected to be announced.

Court TV's on-air team of anchors, legal correspondents and veteran crime and justice journalists – all of whom are lawyers – offer daily insight and analysis, joined by America's brightest attorneys, most experienced investigators and experts who provide legal views, opinion, discussion and debate.

For U.K. audiences, Court TV also is planning content to explain the differences between the two country's systems, including why cameras are allowed in courtrooms in the U.S. but not in the U.K.

Upcoming U.S. trials Court TV plans to cover and air both in the U.S. and the U.K. include:
  • The Death of George Floyd - Four Minneapolis police officers will be tried in the death of George Floyd, which launched a national movement on race in America.
  • The Killing of Ahmaud Arbery - Three white men are accused of murder in the death of Ahmaud Arbery, a Black man who was shot while jogging through a south Georgia neighborhood.
  • The Case of The Doomsday Cult Mom - Lori Vallow and her husband, Chad Daybell, are facing charges after authorities discovered the bodies of their two children in their backyard. Daybell, a former gravedigger, has authored numerous doomsday books and is rumored to have built a cult-type following.
  • "The Jinx" Murder Trial - Robert Durst, a wealthy New York City real estate heir, faces first-degree murder charges in California as police allege he killed his longtime friend, Susan Berman. Authorities suspect Durst in the 1982 disappearance of his wife, Kathleen McCormack, and investigators believe that Durst, the subject of the HBO documentary "The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst," killed Berman because she knew what happened to McCormack.
  • The R. Kelly Sex Abuse Case - Entertainer R. Kelly, currently in a federal prison in Chicago, faces numerous racketeering and sex trafficking charges involving five women, with legal problems ignited by the television show "Surviving R. Kelly."

It's good news for those of us who have a passion for real-life court cases/crimes, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they spread themselves to a Free-View channel as not everyone subscribes to Sky (FAR too expensive for a lot of folk) I'll just plod along watching it online :)

If JP's response to the motion is denied, could he pivot and file that he has

No I don’t think they will have separate juries if tried together. It will be the same evidence in both.

Link?

BBM
If the cases are joined LV and CD will have their own separate juries? That’s odd. I don’t follow how that works.

I followed Dellen Millard and Mark Smich and for the Tim Bosma and Laura Babcock cases I *think* I recall they were tried together. It’s been a minute. I know they each had separate attorneys defending them and they sat in the same courtroom but they had the same jury. Also they totally both pointed fingers at each other HOWEVER that was a Canadian trial. I assumed it would work the same in the US?

Also if I recall, Dellen opted not to testify (he was asked first and at a disadvantage?) and then Smich (his co-defendant) was asked second and he said “oh yes please” and hiked right up to the stand blaming Dellen. Long story short, Justice was served.

It’s been a minute so apologize if I got any of the details wrong. I know for sure some of you followed those 3 cases also. I guess I need to figure out how it works in the US. I don’t understand 2 separate juries and how that plays.
I didnt mean to imply they would for sure have 2 juries, however, i did see it mentioned in several Idaho cases involving joinder so I thought the possibility was worth mentioning. If they do go the dual jury route, it would work the same was a regular trial. Both jury was sit in on all the proceedings, but would not be allowed to confer with jurors from the other group and they would deliberate on their specific issues separately

Not so fast there, chum! I cannot find that original post, so I’m shutting up about it. ;)

Somewhere, there is chapter and verse on Idaho sentencing guidelines for the charges leveled against Chad and Lilybelle.
I'm not sure what original post you are looking for, but as of right now Chad is facing up to 20 years if the sentences run consecutively (4 counts each 5 years) and Lori is facing just 10 years (only two counts each 5 years) for the felony charges in Fremont County. Lori has 3 additional misdemeanor counts in Madison County, with a total of 2 years (1 one year and 2 six month penalties). The felony charges and penalties were covered at each of their arraignments.

Chad Daybell pleads not guilty, trial set for January 2021 - Local News 8
Lori Vallow Daybell pleads not guilty, jury trial set for April 2021 - Local News 8
Vallow-Daybell facing new Madison County charges - Local News 8

It has??!!

and edited to add: - does LV still have a guardianship hearing on 9/30/20? Thanks!

@Niner, I'll try to bump to you to keep up when folks post the entire screenshot of all. Is this the answer to the question you are asking as to being moved up?

Lori Vallow Daybell trial date moved - Local News 8

"The pre-trial conference will now take place on February 25 instead of March 22. Her jury trial is set to take place between March 22 and April 2.

It was originally set to start April 2.

The court documents did not give a reason for the date change."

As to the guardianship charges, those were dropped MOO a while back after Chad arrested. There are no *guardianship* hearings anymore. New charges now as to conspiracy.

Someone had upthread a good summary for @Niner and her database, I'll perhaps swim upstream and bump to this post unless someone else can do in next 60 minutes

ETA: Just realized! @Niner The first post in each thread does NOT include the latest *MEDIA ONLY* thread... We are on #2 and is not getting documents...and I think that some folks have gotten lost due to such? Lemme see if I can link here for you.. brb

ETA#2: Here is the latest media thread which is not attached in the forum as all the other previous threads/links in the forum:

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS* NO DISCUSSION #2

From that thread:

FREMONT COUNTY, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Court documents filed Friday show Lori Vallow Daybell's pre-trial conference and jury trial will happen earlier than was announced during her arraignment last Thursday. 

The pre-trial conference will now take place on February 25 instead of March 22.

Her jury trial is set to take place between March 22 and April 2.

The court documents did not give a reason for the date change.

HTH

Last edited:
@Niner, I'll try to bump to you to keep up when folks post the entire screenshot of all. Is this the answer to the question you are asking as to being moved up?

Lori Vallow Daybell trial date moved - Local News 8

"The pre-trial conference will now take place on February 25 instead of March 22. Her jury trial is set to take place between March 22 and April 2.

The court documents did not give a reason for the date change."

As to the guardianship charges, those were dropped MOO a while back after Chad arrested. There are no *guardianship* hearings anymore. New charges now as to conspiracy.

Someone had upthread a good summary for @Niner and her database, I'll perhaps swim upstream and bump to this post unless someone else can do in next 60 minutes

ETA: Just realized! @Niner The first post in each thread does NOT include the latest *MEDIA ONLY* thread... We are on #2 and is not getting documents...and I think that some folks have gotten lost due to such? Lemme see if I can link here for you.. brb

ETA#2: Here is the latest media thread which is not attached in the forum as all the other previous threads/links in the forum:

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS* NO DISCUSSION #2

From that thread:

FREMONT COUNTY, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - Court documents filed Friday show Lori Vallow Daybell's pre-trial conference and jury trial will happen earlier than was announced during her arraignment last Thursday. 

The pre-trial conference will now take place on February 25 instead of March 22.

Her jury trial is set to take place between March 22 and April 2.

The court documents did not give a reason for the date change.

HTH

Thank you Dixiegirl! I have that date! :) And I'll check to see if I have the right Media thread.

Scott Reisch speculates on Chad's defense strategy in his latest video. He considers Chad's best chance to deny knowing anything about the children being buried in his backyard. I'm wondering if Chad could be also applying this strategy with his family. If it works out for him in court (I doubt it will), he's also fine at home, but not with people who didn't trust him from the start.

In contrast, Lori doesn't want a separate trial. I can't decide if it's the result of having her hands tied by lack of her own resources or she is genuinely still emotionally attached to Chad. It's also possible that she wants to drag Chad down with her, the only revenge currently possible for turning his back on her. She's only looking at 10 years (plus 2 for misdemeanors) compared to Chad's 20. If convicted, I can see her finding husband #6 once she gets out. Her life wouldn't necessarily be over. Of course we're all hoping for further, more serious charges for both.

If Lori got her million dollars from Charles' life insurance, I wonder if we would be here today? Would she still murder her children? For one, she'd be able to afford a better attorney.

Last edited:
Scott Reisch speculates on Chad's defense strategy in his latest video. He considers Chad's best chance to deny knowing anything about the children being buried in his backyard. I'm wondering if Chad could be also applying this strategy with his family. If it works out for him in court (I doubt it will), he's also fine at home, but not with people who didn't trust him from the start.

In contrast, Lori doesn't want a separate trial. I can't decide if it's the result of having her hands tied by lack of her own resources or she is genuinely still emotionally attached to Chad. It's also possible that she wants to drag Chad down with her, the only revenge currently possible for turning his back on her. She's only looking at 10 years (plus 2 for misdemeanors) compared to Chad's 20. If convicted, I can see her finding husband #6 once she gets out. Her life wouldn't necessarily be over. Of course we're all hoping for further, more serious charges for both.

If Lori got her million dollars from Charles' life insurance, I wonder if we would be here today? Would she still murder her children? For one, she'd be able to afford a better attorney.

What happens if murder charges come down for one party but not the other while the parties are joined? I suppose if murder charges came after the conspiracy to conceal charges are tried, it would be a separate case. In that scenario, could testimony rendered during the conspiracy to conceal trial(s) be used in that case?

If murder charges come down for both, before the current charges are tried, and the parties are joined, that could put trial out another year.

It sounds to me like they are trying to get the trials closer together like this, and then they will join them and the difference won't seem so great.

It has??!!

I get it now. With LV having guardianship she has a say so in how the children’s remains are handled, buried or cremated. Since LE still has the remains she cannot do anything with the remains.
If she loses guardianship then grandma and grandpa can ask for the children. They can be buried with love.
Is that correct?

The more I think about it the more I feel this joinder decision is huge.

It may make or break the case for either of them depending on if they are tried together or not.

I can definitely see how LV wants to be tried along with CD and I can see why CD does not want that because he can better claim LV and her brother organized and did the whole killing and burying on his property.

This is a huge decision that is about to be made that could very well impact a jurie's decision for each of them.

If I had my vote I would want them tried together. Because a jury will more easily see they were attached at the hip in the later days and they both had to be aware of all the things going on. In fact LV seemed happy that her kids were gone with all the laughing and giggling about it whenever anyone asked her where her kids were. And CD just had to know what was going on because its his property and him and LV were together toward the end before their arrest. The phone call with CD and LV talking with MG shows how CD and LV were on common ground together. They tag teamed and tried to coerce MG. Those two were a unit and it was obvious and that should be easily shown to a jury. I hope the joinder is successful.
All JMO

I get it now. With LV having guardianship she has a say so in how the children’s remains are handled, buried or cremated. Since LE still has the remains she cannot do anything with the remains.
If she loses guardianship then grandma and grandpa can ask for the children. They can be buried with love.
Is that correct?

Im not totally sure but I do believe you are correct about that.
JMO

What happens if murder charges come down for one party but not the other while the parties are joined? I suppose if murder charges came after the conspiracy to conceal charges are tried, it would be a separate case. In that scenario, could testimony rendered during the conspiracy to conceal trial(s) be used in that case?

If murder charges come down for both, before the current charges are tried, and the parties are joined, that could put trial out another year.

Good questions.

From a defendant's standpoint having a joined trial brings up some interesting questions like that. The one I was wondering about is lets say they are joined and it gets to the defense turn in the trial, and one of them decides they want to testify on their own behalf but the other one is strongly against testifying and wants to remain in their seat. That would be a very interesting situation that would probably cause a pretty good sized conflict between the two defendants.

Question- I'm assuming the judge will join the cases and deny JP's objection to the motion.

However, at that point can he go back and cite a different reason for reconsideration such as varying defenses should CD decide to flip on LV or has that opportunity passed?

It's good news for those of us who have a passion for real-life court cases/crimes, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they spread themselves to a Free-View channel as not everyone subscribes to Sky (FAR too expensive for a lot of folk) I'll just plod along watching it online :)
Here in the US, there’s a Court TV app you can download to a streaming device with no subscription needed.

Attachments

• Motion for Extension of Time RE Pretrial Motions (1).pdf
    266 KB · Views: 6
  • Motion for Extension of Time RE Pretrial Motions (2).pdf
    266 KB · Views: 2
  • Motion for Extension of Time RE Pretrial Motions.pdf
    266 KB · Views: 0
Family Court Case Information - Case History

Case Information
Case Number: FC2019-095384
Brandon Boudreaux
Melani Boudreaux
Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
9/15/2020 MCO - Motion To Continue 9/17/2020
NOTE: Unopposed Expedited motion to continue STATUS CONFERENCE SET FOR SEPTEMBER 18 2020

** Key players..Still of course waiting for Az to actually make a move in this case with the drive by shooting

I'm not sure who has legal custody of the children's remains. Lori didn't produce the children by the deadline, which is how she landed in jail originally. I'm making an assumption the children became wards of the court at that time. The guardianship case that was dropped was the Woodcocks filing for guardianship of JJ. Tylee could have made up her own mind by then. I'm not convinced Lori has any legal say so over their remains. All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney