Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, that phone call is powerful evidence that LV was in the conspiracy.
LV was very aware of cell phone tracking if she had multiple phones. If is very possible that she "borrowed" AxC's phone to set him up. But that would have been only if she believed the bodies would be found. So I am think he was involved but so was she.

Yes, I agree that the process of managing witnesses is key to a trial.

In my past observation, where the defendents are obviously guilty, they (naturally) call few witnesses on their own behalf. The defense concentrates on trying to discredit the prosecution witnesses. But IMO, the key word is 'trying'. Just because a defense lawyer makes a very dramatic show out of questioning the prosecution witnesses, doesn't mean a jury will buy it.

IMO, when the defense succeeds is when they undermine the prosecution's credibility, not any particular witness:

OJ Simpson: the bloody glove doesn't fit! The prosecution's framing me.

Casey Anthony: it was an accident and bad Daddy covered it up, like he's covered up abusing me.

Robert Durst: it was self-defense and I was scared of the mean New York prosecutoress.

MOO
Furthermore, the jury could completely ignore MG and still convict.

LV and her lawyer, MM, are OK with a combined trial while CD and his lawyer, JP, do not want a combined trial.

We've seen that MM uses the name Daybell for LV while JP uses the name Vallow for her.

JP is a seasoned defense lawyer while MM advertises to specialize in family law, not criminal law.

JP has motioned for all charges to be dropped while MM has not, as far as I know. MM's latest motion is about what clothes LV can wear at trial.

If the trials are not combined, so far CD goes first. According to Scott Reisch, the first at trial has the advantage. JP wanted and got a preliminary hearing while MM waived it for LV so maybe MM was attempting to go first. Just a guess.

LV has with an investigation ongoing in AZ with the murder of CV whileCD has not been implicated with that. CD may be suspected in the death of his previous wife, TD with results of her autopsy un-released at this time. I don't know if either is suspected in the death of AxC since so far his death has been deemed to be natural, however the FBI was at his autopsy. Stay tuned as there may be more to come with all of the above.

CD has his kids still around, a home, and a possible career as a so-called author or speaker, CD/JP may figure he still has something to live for. I believe CD has whatever money is left while LV has close to nothing since prior to hooking up with CD, she was living off of insurance money, Social Security fraud, etc. Other than MP (who has her own problems) and the Cox clan, LV has nothing and no one. I don't count CR since he alienated himself from her a while ago.

JP's job is to defend CD and no one else. I'd guess that JP has educated his client with the reality and history of LV and that she's simply bad news with husbands. JP is obviously distancing his client away from LV and depending on further evidence and how the trial goes, I still believe CD/JP will flip or at minimum, the CD/JP team will blame AxC. As we know, LV was glued to her brother thus making it easy to implicate her involvement with him. At CD's preliminary, JP asked MG if LV and AxC had a 'special' relationship which led me to believe he have been probing for or implicating possible incest. Maybe I'm off base on this one but it seemed like that to me.

Of course, this is all based on my observations and the evidence that has been disclosed so far and with evidence that is probably yet to come plus the complexity of this case, this can all rapidly change.
Excellent analysis!
(Obligatory cow noise)

In Idaho during joinder causes Idaho Court Rule (ICR) 14 provides that if a defendant or the State is prejudiced by a joinder of offenses or defendants, the court may order the State to elect between counts, grant separate trials of counts, grant a severance of defendants, or provide whatever other relief justice requires. The provision for other relief authorizes the use of dual juries in an appropriate case. State v. Beam, 109 Idaho 616, 710 P.2d 526 (1985).

so this means its likely LV and CD will both be in the court at the same time and the prosecutor will present their case against each of them, but LV and CD will each have their own jury to decide their case. From a defense standpoint, it becomes harder for CD to claim "CD didn't know Alex and LV did this" and for LV to say "LV didnt know, Alex and CD did this". For us this is good because having the trials separately allowed for a risk they could blame each other in their own trials, but then both get off scott free (or with a lite sentence) but since they'll be tried together (assuming the motion is granted) the defense teams will have to work together and come up with a strategy that works or makes sense for both. And i find it unlikely either jury would believe Alex did this all on his own. Now there is a chance their attorneys could still blame the other party, but theyll have to do it in front of each other and at the risk that blaming the other person means sending their spouse to jail (granted I doubt either of them would give this morale conundrum a second thought). Joinder definitely makes getting a conviction easier for the prosecution, which is why im confused LV's attorney would file a motion supporting it
Game with randomly selected numbers on tokens!
(In other words, BINGO!)

I also followed the Canadian joined Millard/Smich trial for the murder of Tim Bosma. The prosecution had a good case, but one hole was exactly how and where Bosma died. There was possible gunshot residue in the truck, and evidence one defendant had bought a gun, but no definite proof that Bosma had been killed by a gun, or where.

After prosecution rested their case, one defendant caved from the 'united we stand, divided we fall' strategy, and claimed he'd hadn't done or anticipated the shooting, it was the other guy. The other guy's lawyer aggressively cross-questioned him, asserting that he was the one who'd shot the victim.

Thereby, the two defendants together both confirmed that, yes indeed, the victim had been shot by one conspirator's gun in the truck. The prosecution said, thank you, that's what we contended all along, and both were convicted as equal conspirators.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hami...k-smich-dellen-millard-murder-trial-1.3576641
Gotta love it when the bad guys provide their own noose.

I think the motives for killing TR and JJ are still murky, but IMO it was primarily to collect their benefits without the 'inconvenience' of having them around the newlyweds.

Obviously, LV and CD could not be together as long as they were married to other people. I agree with you that they decided to murder both their spouses and collect the insurance money, rather than, say, get divorced like normal people do. This was a very risky thing to do, they wouldn't want anyone to catch on.

CV's death went off okay, IMO the big problem was not getting his insurance. Kauai is expensive.

I wonder what they'd planned to do with JJ after CV's death? Was she going to turn him over to Kay? Or get Tylee to take care of him while she went off with CD? IMO, neither CD or LV wanted to bring him along with her on her new life with CD. Perhaps as long as she expected the million dollars insurance, all that was something that could be taken care of in the future.

But instead, LV was primary caregiver for JJ and she didn't have any money. She could have given him over to Kay. Why didn't she? The only reason I can think of is, she wanted to keep receiving his benefits, to compensate for the lack of the cash bonanza.

But she could not possibly harm or even give up JJ as long as Tylee was alive. Plus, Tylee also had money.

So I think, similar to the insurance scheme, money, and not wanting them in her new life, were the primary motives for the murders of her children.

IMO, the fact that TD was the last to die, indicates that CD did not want to marry LV, until this other 'problem' of her kids was resolved and the coast was clear, ie the police were not onto them.

MOO
I think you nailed it. Chud wanted “rich, unattached” Lulu, and got her to agree to “go first.”

I believe awe learned from MSM (a little before the impromptu tribute to JJ and Tylee was removed to another nearby location, that the Daybell children had moved into CD and Tammy’s vacant house.
Cripes, I wouldn't want to do that. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink, thinking of everything that had happened there.

The White Camps were to be in northern Arizona. FLDS country.
I forgot about the Arizona detail. It's interesting because we know that in September Chad was trying to convince DW to buy land in Idaho. MG said that originally Chad was supposed to move to Arizona to live with Lori. Perhaps the plan changed. I also have yet to read anything about Chad's connection to FLDS.

Ideas about tent cities in near Ukon, Idaho are mentioned here:

A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

Here's the exact quote as reported by Justin Lum on 29 February 2020:

Identify locations in northeast Arizona for white camps

Now the real northeast corner of Arizona belongs to the Navajo Nation, so Chad could only be referring to the so-called "Arizona Strip:"

Arizona Strip - Wikipedia

The Wikipedia article downplays the influence of FLDS in the area; other authors have other opinions. I have encountered no TOS-compliant evidence of a connection between Chad and any of the several FLDS variants, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think Chad's theology would find more sympathy in Colorado City and Fredonia than, say, Provo UT. MOO, JMO, IMHO and all the other O's :-)

If you read the autopsy carefully, you'll find the forensic expert added a disclaimer to the effect that the results could change if additional information became known. That's because if information surfaced about a specific type of toxin, they could then run a tox screen for that specific poison, whereas without an idea of what it might have been, they likely won't find it in the tissue samples.
Did the autopsy indicate they had completed all the toxicology investigations? I’m just curious because Alex’s results came back pretty quickly while LE indicated Tammy’s could take up to a year because toxicology results might take that long.

My tent is firmly staked in the “Alex didn’t die a natural death” camp. I don’t doubt he had a PE, but something unnatural caused it. They just haven’t figured out what. I hope they continue to investigate. Lori and Chad may have been in Hawaii, but his suddenly new wife was in cahoots with their new world vision and she was right there.

jmo

I often wonder if ZP even knew what was going on with him. MBP said he hadn't felt well for a few days. If I remember correctly, LVD called ZP to go check on him the day he died. I may be getting fuzzy on that detail. Jmo
I think we have to look at evidence that isn’t dependent on what Lori or Z claimed. I’m not sure I believe a word that came out of either of their mouths.

If remove what they said, there’s no indication Alex felt sick for days. There’s no evidence he didn’t want to go to a Dr. For all we know he could have told Z he wanted to see a doctor and she told him she’d made an appointment. Dr wrote a prescription and she was going to the drugstore to get it. Heck, she could have told him she called an ambulance. I wonder if Alex had his phone near him the whole time or if it had been hidden and when Z got back she put it near him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA