Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Just jumping off your post. As far as Lori or Chad flipping, IMO Lori wouldn’t admit being involved, even if it was just peripherally, if they had video of her digging the graves. She feels she’s bulletproof because she’s gotten away with so much in the past. IMO Chad is the weaker link. I’m assuming Wood has only shared discovery material that pertains to the current charges. I believe that the new DA will move forward with Conspiracy and when the defense gets a look at how much evidence there is, Chad will sing like a little birdie. He’s not cut out for prison. The inmates will make mincemeat out of him and he knows it.

JMO
Wood said to SS that he had more dirt on Lori than on Chad. Maybe it's just due to the fact that she was the children's mother and thus responsible for their well-being while technically Chad could feign ignorance. But perhaps there's more incriminating electronic data on her.

Wood said to SS that he had more dirt on Lori than on Chad. Maybe it's just due to the fact that she was the children's mother and thus responsible for their well-being while technically Chad could feign ignorance. But perhaps there's more incriminating electronic data on her.
That could be true. He also could have said that because she’s Lori’s sister and he felt it would get back to Lori and possibly scare her into cooperating. I just feel in my bones that Lori doesn’t scare easily and is too hardened to ever admit to anything. She’s been manipulating the system for a long time and, until the children disappeared, had apparently gotten away with it.

JMO

the State filed this Discovery Disclosure yesterday
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Discovery Disclosure.pdf

outlining that whatever they've had or gathered so far has been turned over already or has been turned over now to them. I think filing can allow one to reasonably assume that the State was just sitting on mountains of evidence & had only given the Defense a fraction of what they had. If that is true, I go back to my previous comment about how the case may really not be that strong and that is why we have not seen more charges come yet.

I know many of the legal minds here have given their input and still many think it is a matter of time, that more charges are coming. Personally I’ve had a hard time deciding what to believe. With the most recent Motion to Disqualify, I thought we saw a lot of divergent opinions there. On CourtTV experienced prosecutors and defense attorneys said Wood’s conduct was basic “law 101” stuff and it was clearly pushing boundaries on ethical conduct. Scott Reisch continually said there was nothing wrong with the conduct and that in fact it would be Means or Prior who’d be in hot water from the Bar association before Woods would. The experienced attorney Lori Hellis who runs a website & publishes a newsletter on this case thought that Wood wouldn’t be removed and it wasn’t misconduct. Law & Crime reporters seemed to have a mix of both. Surely this wasn’t the first time many attorneys have different opinions on the same thing, and it won’t be the last either; but it was interesting to see all the differing opinions, starkly different, about Wood’s conduct. And for that reason, among others, I don’t know what to think about if more charges will ever come, I hope so....but this filing makes it appear that the Defense already has had most if not all of materials and statements to be used by the State.

That could be true. He also could have said that because she’s Lori’s sister and he felt it would get back to Lori and possibly scare her into cooperating. I just feel in my bones that Lori doesn’t scare easily and is too hardened to ever admit to anything. She’s been manipulating the system for a long time and, until the children disappeared, had apparently gotten away with it.

JMO
When I heard that tape where Chad is droning about them searching his property and Lori just pretending that it is another day in paradise, I knew that she was going to pretend that she had no idea what was going on.

A normal spouse would immediately say, "What's the matter, honey? You sound so worried? So down? Is there something that I don't know?" Not Lori. She says, "Okay...Should I call you later?" Wow...

I just hope that they eventually get enough evidence to charge them with the murders of the children and their respective spouses.

Who knows what meds they picked up in Mexico. There are some meds that requires a prescription in the USA but may be over-the-counter somewhere else. We also know that some countries will sell some drugs that haven't been approved by the FDA so I suppose that's another possibility. No matter what, it's still kinda weird but for that clan there's nothing that would surprise me.
It's very common for people living near the border in Arizona, Texas, etc. to go to Mexico to buy prescriptions. Much cheaper. Not suspicious at all.

Could he have bought something else? Sure. But I'm sure he could have found whatever he wanted in the Phoenix area.

the State filed this Discovery Disclosure yesterday
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Discovery Disclosure.pdf

outlining that whatever they've had or gathered so far has been turned over already or has been turned over now to them. I think filing can allow one to reasonably assume that the State was just sitting on mountains of evidence & had only given the Defense a fraction of what they had. If that is true, I go back to my previous comment about how the case may really not be that strong and that is why we have not seen more charges come yet.

I know many of the legal minds here have given their input and still many think it is a matter of time, that more charges are coming. Personally I’ve had a hard time deciding what to believe. With the most recent Motion to Disqualify, I thought we saw a lot of divergent opinions there. On CourtTV experienced prosecutors and defense attorneys said Wood’s conduct was basic “law 101” stuff and it was clearly pushing boundaries on ethical conduct. Scott Reisch continually said there was nothing wrong with the conduct and that in fact it would be Means or Prior who’d be in hot water from the Bar association before Woods would. The experienced attorney Lori Hellis who runs a website & publishes a newsletter on this case thought that Wood wouldn’t be removed and it wasn’t misconduct. Law & Crime reporters seemed to have a mix of both. Surely this wasn’t the first time many attorneys have different opinions on the same thing, and it won’t be the last either; but it was interesting to see all the differing opinions, starkly different, about Wood’s conduct. And for that reason, among others, I don’t know what to think about if more charges will ever come, I hope so....but this filing makes it appear that the Defense already has had most if not all of materials and statements to be used by the State.
Just jumping off your post...

My worry all along about the current charges was, not a lack of evidence, but double jeopardy that would prevent the filing of conspiracy murder charges down the road.

Could Federal charges for murder be filed down the road?

IMO the charges in Idaho are just a lesser charge to get CD and LVD off the street so they can’t hurt anyone else. I suspect the charges of conspiracy to commit murder Will be for CV, TD, Tylee and JJ and will be federal charges because their crimes were in different states. I also believe the investigation into CV’s death is what is taking so long due to the mishandling of the case from the beginning. Again, AMOO

IMO the charges in Idaho are just a lesser charge to get CD and LVD off the street so they can’t hurt anyone else. I suspect the charges of conspiracy to commit murder Will be for CV, TD, Tylee and JJ and will be federal charges because their crimes were in different states. I also believe the investigation into CV’s death is what is taking so long due to the mishandling of the case from the beginning. Again, AMOO
They kind of had to bring them in on something quickly because they were able to slip to Hawaii, nothing was stopping them to go anywhere else like Puerto Rico, Mexico, Argentina. And if they went to South America, all bets were off.

I think Lori and Chad would probably off themselves sooner or later. So, separating them by bringing her in first and then playing with him until they found the remains of those poor kids on his backyard was actually pretty smart in my opinion. Too bad they didn’t turn on each other.

Thank you. That’s what I’ve been thinking too.

They kind of had to bring them in on something quickly because they were able to slip to Hawaii, nothing was stopping them to go anywhere else like Puerto Rico, Mexico, Argentina. And if they went to South America, all bets were off.
I agree it was a possibility.
I think Lori and Chad would probably off themselves sooner or later. So, separating them by bringing her in first and then playing with him until they found the remains of those poor kids on his backyard was actually pretty smart in my opinion. Too bad they didn’t turn on each other.
I don't see them offing themselves at all. They thought there wasn't enough evidence against them at the time and might still believe they can get away with murder.

There was no guarantee that the children would ever be found. If there wasn't for Alex's phone pings and Chad's text to Tammy, we might still be wondering about the kids' whereabouts and Chad might still be free. (IMO)

I'm not sure about the federal charges. So far it looks like each murder case will be tried separately. While Wood is charge of the children's case, Tammy's case is currently in the hands of the Idaho AG and investigation into Charles' death is conducted by Chandler police.

I'm not sure about the federal charges. So far it looks like each murder case will be tried separately. While Wood is charge of the children's case, Tammy's case is currently in the hands of the Idaho AG and investigation into Charles' death is conducted by Chandler police.

If they used mail or cell towers or promised Alex $$, I'm pretty sure they can get them on federal charges. :) JMO

I agree it was a possibility.

I don't see them offing themselves at all. They thought there wasn't enough evidence against them at the time and might still believe they can get away with murder.

There was no guarantee that the children would ever be found. If there wasn't for Alex's phone pings and Chad's text to Tammy, we might still be wondering about the kids' whereabouts and Chad might still be free. (IMO)
If the children were found while both of them were free, I think they would either try to run or off themselves and try to go on their own terms. I get that vibe from them, they’re weird.

If the children were found while both of them were free, I think they would either try to run or off themselves and try to go on their own terms. I get that vibe from them, they’re weird.
I think they always believed they were above the law.

I wonder if Chad actually tried to run away when he realized that the bodies were discovered on his property, or he was on his way to meet with his attorney? AFAIK, JP did not live in the area.

It's very common for people living near the border in Arizona, Texas, etc. to go to Mexico to buy prescriptions. Much cheaper. Not suspicious at all.

Could he have bought something else? Sure. But I'm sure he could have found whatever he wanted in the Phoenix area.
That's what I suspect, also easier to get a quick prescription eg for sleep medication.

IMO he wouldn't have wanted to use a credit card as police were likely monitoring his account, so saving cash might have been important.

However, the 3 or so hour drive there and back was probably the worst thing he could have done for his blood clot.

I can think of one idea... injecting a syringe full of air could do that.
If you mean cause a pulmonary embolism - not really. It takes a LOT of air and there would be an obvious injection site. He would have residual air in his heart. He had a documented by autopsy clot in his lung. That is not caused by air injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UK Feline