Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran across this extended 12 News interview with MBP and IP that I hadn’t seen before. She sure is good at dodging questions. JMO

Published on May 12, 2020

It's been about eight months since anyone has seen 17-year-old Tylee Ryan or 7-year-old JJ Vallow. Their mother, Lori Vallow Daybell, is in jail in Idaho, refusing to tell investigators where they are.

Now, one of her closest relatives, Melani Pawlowski is speaking to 12 News about the case with her husband Ian. Here's an extended version of our interview:

1:35 The last time Melani saw JJ and Tylee

3:18 What connection Lori’s brother Alex Cox has in the case

10:03 Lori’s explanation to Melani about where the kids are

12:00 Melani and Ian’s quick marriage

15:40 How Ian started recording conversations for the FBI

21:00 Where the idea of “zombies” came from and other radical beliefs

26:40 Lori’s relationship with Chad Daybell

33:30 Melani on whether or not she thinks the kids are safe

43:00 Melani on whether or not there’s a cult

45:50 Melani’s last conversation with Lori

So, so painful to listen... can only take a little bit at a time.

Remains a question to me. She missed one pick up of the kids, but not sure if it was the morning of the shooting...
I tend to think that the handover went to plan as Brandon came back to the house without the children. I would imagine (?) that LE would have asked MP to provide an alibi for that time period.

The text to Tammy that night about gathering up limbs and what fun he was having.

Others may see this as nothing, I see this as a clear admission on the part of a man with some serious malignant narcissism about what he was doing and enjoying taunting the woman he was going to kill next.

I take him at his word that he was having fun with gathering up the limbs.

The biggest Freudian slip, ever!

JMOO, but as far as I'm concerned, Chad is the push and the mastermind behind the killings. Lori is evil incarnate, and Alex was a cult follower, but Chad was pulling all the strings.

I think it was JR that made the allegations of sexual misconduct from CD. I saw some of that in a podcast but don't remember which one.

Does anyone have a copy of those podcasts? You'd think someone would have saved them and that we could hear them. They were published and public, so wouldn't they still be discussable?

She completed basic training in San Antonio. That is all that is available with respect to her "being military."
It’s hard to imagine MBP being full time military and having the number of kids and not being stationed at different bases. Makes one wonder about her discharge status...

https://twitter.com/AnnieCushing/status/1277378579165327361?s=20

Thank you! A credible source w/ credentials told me that flight never took place. It was a falsified story. But if it was true (even reporters have done this), we don't know when he returned. And we don't know the exact date of their walk, only between 9/19 and 9/23. #lorivallow

I'm not putting a lot of stock in that flight being falsified. She tends to walk it back in the next sentence which is BBM.

Jmo

Does anyone have a copy of those podcasts? You'd think someone would have saved them and that we could hear them. They were published and public, so wouldn't they still be discussable?
Exclusive: Chad Daybell Allegations of Sexual Assault and Other 'Predatory' Behavior Toward Women Surface

There are other sources where Julie describes Chad's grooming of her. One was on Court TV, but the video is not on their yt channel. Just search for Julie Rowe and check the video from three days ago.

This gets really deep into LDS culture but in a way that might be highly relevant. I've mentioned before that I am not LDS but grew up in LDS communities. In my experience the husband/wife role does not extend to the level of almost abuse you are suggesting. LDS men and women meet separately and routinely to discuss roles as husband and wife among other things and if Chad were "abusing" Tammy she would have lots of feedback from peers on the issue. Not defending anyone, just saying that I don't think the LDS view on roles extends to mistreatment of your spouse. Maybe with better knowledge can comment. My outside view of LDS marriages is that they tend to be based on role-sharing and mutual respect.

The question is, "What constitutes abuse?" I have known LDS wives who were reduced to near slavery by husbands who had mistresses. This is true in non-LDS communities as well, of course, and alas. Ascribing any form of normalcy to the Daybell household is probably not going to end well. Just ask Tammy.

Is Lori’s hearing still scheduled for next week? Is there any precedence for this situation where a parent is charged with desertion and nonsupport but then the child was found deceased? How could her lawyer argue that she couldn’t have deserted them since they are deceased without implicating she knew they were dead? Will new charges be applied at the hearing to ensure she stays in jail?

Is Lori’s hearing still scheduled for next week? Is there any precedence for this situation where a parent is charged with desertion and nonsupport but then the child was found deceased? How could her lawyer argue that she couldn’t have deserted them since they are deceased without implicating she knew they were dead? Will new charges be applied at the hearing to ensure she stays in jail?
I'll have a stab at this. Defence would argue that Lori handed them off to a (insert ficticous name) and as far as she knew they were safe and well. Lori is shocked at this outcome etc etc etc. I'm not sure whether the law is the same in the US as the UK, but not answering questions or assisting the LE, in the UK, an inference can be mde as to the defendants silence by the court.

I'll have a stab at this. Defence would argue that Lori handed them off to a (insert ficticous name) and as far as she knew they were safe and well. Lori is shocked at this outcome etc etc etc. I'm not sure whether the law is the same in the US as the UK, but not answering questions or assisting the LE, in the UK, an inference can be mde as to the defendants silence by the court.

So another Zanny situation? In the US defendants can plead the fifth (amendment to the Constitution) because to answer questions could incriminate them. AFAIK judges cannot use it as an implication of guilt and instruct juries the same way. Normally, they just won’t take the stand at all.

I read in MBP's interview article that Adam and Brandon pulled her aside and told her that Alex murdered Charles. She wouldn't listen and went with Lori's version. Like Lori's sister, she's blaming Charles for his own death, accusing him of plotting against Lori and insinuating that Brandon did the same to her. I hope Adam speaks up in court - that's where it matters.
This is disgusting. More evidence of what a cult can do to a person.

Thank you @Redvines86 for going on Tricia's YouTube yesterday. It's great to be able to put a voice to your posts now.

anyone who missed it it's here

When you talked about Chad's advice to you to drop one of your school friends, and you suspect it was because she was a strong female who didn't put up with a lot from anybody, I have to say that has been my thinking for a while now as regards why Tylee was a threat to Chad. Lori too. I think that is why she was murdered.

We saw Tylee in a supporting role for Lori at the police station in January 2019, and again in July 2019. I think that what those bodycam videos and interview notes show about her is that she was really very responsible, hyper-vigilant, intelligent, and super-protective of JJ, but I think in terms of her supporting Lori's narrative I don't necessarily see that as representing typical Tylee. In both instances she was in the presence of police officers, right after very high drama that she had not had time to fully assimilate, treated as if she was an adult both times, and in the case of Charles' death unsupported to bear witness against her mother and uncle, after a shocking incident where she would effectively be risking her life to testify against her family. So I don't actually think that just because she kept Lori's secrets on those occasions that she was actually supportive of her, or considered by Lori and Chad to be an ally or someone who would be trusted to not turn against them at some point in the future and reveal their scheming depravity and wickedness. She had her feet planted firmly in reality, imo, and she wouldn't have been buying into any of the 'cult's' nonsense. That's why Lori told her the link Charles sent her was about crazy people - she had to distance herself from it because that is what Tylee thought.

Now new information is coming out to support this - Annie wrote in a text (linked upthread) in 2018 after Joe's death "Tylee opened up to me the last night, after Lolo went to bed. [...] the resentment Tylee has toward Lolo is so deep" and MG said on Dateline "she did not have a good relationship with her mom".

MOO

I think they need to, and will, bring murder charges before her hearing. I can't see the logic in pursuing desertion charges now.

Means is in a Catch22 situation because although she is being held on untenable charges now (imo) he knows if she didn't know they were dead she must have deserted them, at the very least, for the last 9 months. I think her time for saying she relinquished them into someone else's care is long passed, given that she has stayed in her jail cell, silent, requesting continuances.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member