Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt it in Hawaii the judge asked why she was in court in prison garb?

It can actually impede the right to a fair trial so I wouldn't categorize it as "ridiculous". Jmo

You have stated it this way a few times now, and it doesn't quite land in my ear the right way, so let me bounce this off of you. I think what you're trying to say is:

Her being prevented from wearing street clothes would impede her right to a fair trial.

That's what you're saying, right?

Because if she was informed of her right to wear street clothes, and then chose to show up in prison garb anyway, she can't really impede her own rights... right?

Let me know if I've got this wrong.

<Respectfully snipped for focus>

A friend of mine is a veterinarian. We were at brunch one Sunday and a rather obsequious server asked if she preferred Ms or Mrs.

She shut him up with, “Dr. is fine.”

Haha! Fair play. I tried to be complete, but you're right, if I can identify a profession, I will always try to use the appropriate professional title: Officer, Nurse, Doctor, Captain, etc.

Agree, that's what AxC's autopsy reports. As far as being closed, Gilbert LE have kept his investigation open. At least since this article from May, 8th.

Police in Gilbert, Arizona, say detectives investigating Cox's death will review the autopsy report and that the case is still active.

Lori Daybell's brother Alex Cox died 'of natural causes' autopsy finds

Hmm. I stand (tentatively) corrected. I say tentatively because I'm not sure if the police would "report" closing the case.

The article you're referring to came out the same day the autopsy results were released, and the wording in the story was "Police in Gilbert, Arizona, say detectives investigating Cox's death will review the autopsy report and that the case is still active."

So, we'll see. I wonder if somebody could find out whether the case is still considered open or not (from GPD).

Welcome Wiggy! Please feel free to post more often - your views are valued here as are others. We might debate them but usually done kindly and backed up with links. Of course anyone is welcome to post their opinion. Great post!

LVD and CD were not even in the mainland US at that time. We've talked this through ad nauseam, ad infinitum it seems. The Narcan was there because first responders found him unresponsive and administered it as a precaution, since they couldn't be sure he was NOT an overdose. But the ME report showed no opioids in his system. And his natural cause of death is supported by medical findings in his organs/body.

Janky as the timing looks, the only non-legit thing about his death IMO is the timing. This is why the word "coincidence" exists. AFAIK, the authorities consider his death a closed matter. I will be thrilled if they reopen it later on, but it seems really doubtful.

While I agree with most of this but where do you see the case is a closed matter? The last I saw was that it was still active and I will absolutely support the ME, but I believe it's been shown that the tox screen was very basic and limited.

ETA- I'll have to go back but I thought there was something in regards to keeping samples for future screenings. Can someone confirm or correct me?

Last edited:
I sure wish we knew the backdrop of why AC and ZP were in a rush to marry, and why take on his wife's last name? Her past was certainly not good but can't sleuth her and post about it here I don't think. :eek::eek:
They were in a hurry for the same reason CD and LVD and MBP and IP were in a hurry.
They were married couples so they could "gather" the 144, 000 followers.
All 3 marriages were rush, rush-In time for the ZP induced earthquakes and they could all magically disappear. JMO
I think he took her last name to keep him out of the spotlight or the search venues, as people might be looking for AxCox but his ID shows him as AxP, so if stopped and questioned, his ID does not match with who they would be looking for. IMO

In some ways the cameras are a boon - Wood appears to spend most of the time looking at the defendant today.

That's why I like that Lori was forced to look at her son with zoom, when in court she would not have to at all. I wonder if she knew before the zoom conference that that was going to happen. Or if it was a surprise to her. I guess you would have been notified ahead of time.

Hmm. I stand (tentatively) corrected. I say tentatively because I'm not sure if the police would "report" closing the case.

The article you're referring to came out the same day the autopsy results were released, and the wording in the story was "Police in Gilbert, Arizona, say detectives investigating Cox's death will review the autopsy report and that the case is still active."

So, we'll see. I wonder if somebody could find out whether the case is still considered open or not (from GPD).

At the time I thought they wanted to see what Tammy's autopsy was going to reveal like a possible unknown poison.

Just a shout out to members who have been here from the first post in this case in December (like GoneGoldfishin'). They've read everything from Day 1, which is a lot more than I can say!

Also, remember that while WS doesn't allow social media posts, many here read those posts and as a result, have more information than is available on this platform. Often it s from a direct source.

They were in a hurry for the same reason CD and LVD and MBP and IP were in a hurry.
They were married couples so they could "gather" the 144, 000 followers.
All 3 marriages were rush, rush-In time for the ZP induced earthquakes and they could all magically disappear. JMO
I think he took her last name to keep him out of the spotlight or the search venues, as people might be looking for AxCox but his ID shows him as AxP, so if stopped and questioned, his ID does not match with who they would be looking for. IMO
Right, there's no way this group just decided to up and move to Rexburg, Idaho on a lark, abandoning kids, family etc. , and/or just met on a whim and decided to marry. This was mission. These were the core members.

Detective Ball was talked about on Court TV tonight , so I looked it up.
Just unbelievable horror for all who helped & ultimately found them. MOO

Lori Daybell lied and conspired to conceal the deaths of her children, documents allege | East Idaho News
Ball wrote that JJ’s remains were found wrapped in plastic, and he recognized the child when his body was uncovered.
“The body was well preserved. While I had never met JJ during his life, I was familiar with his face due to seeing many pictures and videos of him,” Ball said. “I was further familiar with his haircut in the pictures I had seen of him in Yellowstone. … JJ was further identified by Brandon Boudreaux (the ex-husband of Lori’s niece, Melani Pawlowski), who was shown an autopsy photograph of the body and face.”
3938052E-4050-48DF-AF94-D7448F0ED680.jpeg 0769C8C8-D7C5-42B9-9F26-7A5FBD75EA50.jpeg

Great post. Yes, indeed, a defendant's attorney is permitted to share any information felt useful for the preparation of the case (unless the judge rules specific material to be sealed or confidential). As you might expect, the constitution requires due process and fair trials so that has been liberally interpreted to mean lawyers can and should share everything. Most courts have a local rule prohibiting a witness from sitting in to hear testimony until they have testified. This is meant to prevent a witness from tailoring what he/she says to fit prior testimony. Many courts limit this to only expert witnesses and all courts can relax or waive that rule. In any case, a defendant is ALWAYS permitted to be present (and often is required to be present in criminal cases). Most certainly both Chad and Lori will be permitted to read testimony from any case relevant to theirs.

Since we're still not to the point that murder charges are filed we don't know if the state will choose to try them together. Most likely that will be the case (see, for instance, the Dan Markel murder trial in which Magbanua and Garcia were tried together). Assuming that is the case, the most challenging aspect here for the defense attorneys is the fact that there is so much horrendous evidence against both of them independently. Defending Lori would necessarily mean choosing whether to implicitly defend Chad or to try and implicate him. Similarly, defending Chad would mean making a corollary decision. What a nightmare to be defending Lori and know that all the evidence is going to come in as to Chad's misconduct. What a nightmare to be defending Chad and knowing what a horrible mother and liar Lori is and how much of it is on record. And we haven't even discussed the added complexity of Tammy and Charles very well being additional counts against one or both of them.

If I were a capital murder qualified defense attorney I would kill to get one of these cases. I'd approach it with the idea that avoiding the death penalty would be victory and I'd handle the case with that as my primary objective. Look at how Baez rode the publicity from Casey Anthony to then represent Aaron Hernandez. He's probably got feelers out to both families now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him eventually surface after murder charges are filed.
Thank you! I’m glad you weighed in.

Was LVD very close to her oldest child Colby? I saw him on Dr Phil and he pleaded with her to tell him where JJ and TYLEE was. I think he has a baby that would be her 1st grandchild. One would think she would wrap her world around them instead of doing away with Zombies and marrying and running all over the place even Hawaii MOO

It's interesting that you assume that he lied. Sure, we can assume ill intent all day long on the part of our primary actors here in this case (CD, LVD), but it wouldn't occur to me to assume that Means was lying. He should have been prepared to answer this question more fully, and he should have qualified his response with more complete information, and not doing those things makes him sloppy. I just can't imagine that he would have had the temerity to lie to the court over something that could so easily be verified, as evidenced by Wood's subsequent objection.

I think you are probably right, gumchew. I believe MM is in way over his head. He is used to civil matters and is completely out of his element with a criminal case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member