Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There still seems to be a lot of disagreement over whether the marriage between CD and LV was a legal one. I know the APC says the investigating officer verified they were married, but if I was Chad I would have been scared to death that I would be next - to get both Tammy's and his life insurance. I wonder if that thought ever once crossed his mind?
IIRC- There are news reports that LE confirmed the marriage of CD and LVD in Hawaii.

LVD and CD were not even in the mainland US at that time. We've talked this through ad nauseam, ad infinitum it seems. The Narcan was there because first responders found him unresponsive and administered it as a precaution, since they couldn't be sure he was NOT an overdose. But the ME report showed no opioids in his system. And his natural cause of death is supported by medical findings in his organs/body.

Janky as the timing looks, the only non-legit thing about his death IMO is the timing. This is why the word "coincidence" exists. AFAIK, the authorities consider his death a closed matter. I will be thrilled if they reopen it later on, but it seems really doubtful.

Agree, that's what AxC's autopsy reports. As far as being closed, Gilbert LE have kept his investigation open. At least since this article from May, 8th.

Police in Gilbert, Arizona, say detectives investigating Cox's death will review the autopsy report and that the case is still active.

Lori Daybell's brother Alex Cox died 'of natural causes' autopsy finds

I’m with you on this one! I feel like it was just one big scam for them
Maybe so? Three things: 1) They both referred to the move to Hawaii as permanent - so, what about the tent city? 2) Chad told his seatmate on the plane in Sept. that he was going in a new direction and wasn't going to be writing end-of-days books anymore. 3) They told MG that they were relying on earthquakes (mainland, I guess) to cause enough worldly distraction to make people forget about them.

I think these two thought they could move to HI, do yoga on the beach, and live the zen life.

Do we think they will sit with these charges for a bit? Or do we think more is in the pipeline and will be dropping soon?

I hope they do more and drag her sorry a$$ to court with her remaining living child that she did not murder (allegedly ;) ) staring at her the entire time.

Nite Sleuthers. My mama passed away on the 4th of July. So this is a tough weekend. I can’t help but think of this song when I was a teenager full of angst. And she would sing it to me behind my locked bedroom door. I’m thinking of Tylee right now. Who never got to experience teenage angst. Her door was locked for a reason.
I am grieving for Tylee. Of course. JJ too. But my heart tonight is grieving that teenage baby.
Please delete if not ok. Full of emotion. This is a challenging first case. If no one told you today...just saying it. I love you.

Thank you for sharing Michael, your mother sounded like a lovely woman and mother:) I am sure she is watching down on her son and is so proud of his accomplishments..Bravo Michael!!

damn it why do we get to see chads mug in his appearances but lori gets to hide behind a mask??

i want to see her scowl.

She had no make up on, no lipstick. So they gave her a mask....imoo

But now thinking, when the trial comes to be, I hope Lori or any defendant has to sit at the table with no masks on. The Jury needs to see their faces. The lawyers can have a mask on and remove it when they stand to question or make a statement.

Does anyone know how the mask situation is being handled currently for those on trial? Seeing a persons face is very important.

I noticed the same clenched jaw/tight lipped behavior when Nate Eaton was dogging them in Hawaii.
This video just makes me love Nate Eaton more and more every time I watch it. He refers to KW as Lori's mom, and I'm sure it was accidental, but good glory! "Lori, you have a lot of cash there in your baggie..." I tinkle a little in my pants when I hear that!
:p

This video just makes me love Nate Eaton more and more every time I watch it. He refers to KW as Lori's mom, and I'm sure it was accidental, but good glory! "Lori, you have a lot of cash there in your baggie..." I tinkle a little in my pants when I hear that!
:p

Agree! It takes some courage to do that. A regular bulldog on their tails.

She had no make up on, no lipstick. So they gave her a mask....imoo

But now thinking, when the trial comes to be, I hope Lori or any defendant has to sit at the table with no masks on. The Jury needs to see their faces. The lawyers can have a mask on and remove it when they stand to question or make a statement.

Does anyone know how the mask situation is being handled currently for those on trial? Seeing a persons face is very important.

In some ways the cameras are a boon - Wood appears to spend most of the time looking at the defendant today.

Its a common litigation strategy (especially in the commercial arena). Engage the best lawyers and your opponent is left with very limited choice.

Same goes for expert witnesses.

RSBM (and this is new, I've never snipped the entire quote)

Watergirl, where does your signature quote come from? It is new to me.

"We don't like to camp, so we're never going to be in the tents, Melanie." -LV

Melanie Gibbs told Keith Morrison Lori said that. It was in the latest episode of Dateline.

I have had to skip a bit to get caught up, so forgive me if this has been mentioned.
Melanie said two very contradictory things about Alex. Not direct quotes but 1. She asked if he believed in the zombie theory and he said 100% 2. Alex told Melanie she didn’t want to know what happened to the children. If you believed 100% in the theory wouldn’t one “rejoice” when killing them and have no qualms about reliving the details of “freeing them.”
Sidenote: After all this time I still cannot believe this is real life and real people. And I am even pondering someone’s what ifs about zombies! It is still all so unbelievable.

Nite Sleuthers. My mama passed away on the 4th of July. So this is a tough weekend. I can’t help but think of this song when I was a teenager full of angst. And she would sing it to me behind my locked bedroom door. I’m thinking of Tylee right now. Who never got to experience teenage angst. Her door was locked for a reason.
I am grieving for Tylee. Of course. JJ too. But my heart tonight is grieving that teenage baby.
Please delete if not ok. Full of emotion. This is a challenging first case. If no one told you today...just saying it. I love you.
Thinking of you tonight.
Hold on to those memories of your mom as I do mine.
I love this song, it is one of my favorites.
Hang tough, keep feeling better, you've got this.
We are here for you.

I usually lurk, because between my job and kids, I can NEVER stay current on a websleuths thread. but I finally caught up to this one, so I thought I’d post something.

I don’t think Chad and Lori buy into the beliefs they’ve been spewing.

Chad. I think Chad sounds like he’s always been an ineffectual opportunist who wants to consolidate power. Basically, he’s the kind of guy who likes telling people what to do, and he was sick of standing on the sidelines.

I keep thinking of what he wrote in, I believe it was, redvine’s yearbook? And also how he would tell Tammy that he had visions that dead relatives said she should stop playing video games or go visit her parents. With Tammy, it seems like he was testing his ability to manipulate others into doing what he wanted.

And eventually, he discovered that twisting LDS beliefs so far that he turned himself into a god and his enemies into zombies earned him a handful of followers whom he could control.

But, while he might the kind of guy who wants to be a take-charge god, that doesn’t make him smart. He seems to have enough social and emotional intelligence to woo vulnerable people coming from a similar background—but he clearly and SEVERELY overestimated his ability to pull off a bunch of crimes. Some will say that he overestimated his abilities because he’d bought into his self-made religious beliefs, but I say that he overestimated himself because Chad thinks he’s awesome, and because Chad is not smart.

Lori. It’s possible that Lori was buying some of what Chad was selling, but I don’t think so. She seems like she’s the type of person who also likes to be in control She takes what she wants—money, her kids, another woman’s husband—they’re all objects to her. When she wanted Tylee, she took her from Charles. Later, she wanted Chad and money, so she had Alex get rid of Charles. Then, when she still wanted Chad and money, the kids had to go; how was she supposed to live her best life with Chad with those two kids always dragging her down? And until his death, it certainly seems like she controlled Alex.

This is where it becomes awfully convenient that kids weren’t invited to join the 144,000. Lori’s and Chad didn’t want to deal with her kids, so there you go. And Tammy was also an obstacle to their relationship, so they got rid of her.

I really think it’s that simple. I don’t think Chad was duping Lori, nor do I think Lori was duping Chad. I think that they were like-minded individuals who fell hard for each other, and Chad’s tool to make himself powerful became a tool for both of them.

(I apologize for the callous tone above, but it’s to illustrate their mindset, not my own.)

I’ll resume lurking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members