Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had time to listen to today's hearing yet, but a general observation--midwest and mountain west US accents do tend to blur that s/z sound that's at the end of Miss and Mrs. and Ms. So no matter which it is, it comes out sounding Miz. Mrs. is usually a bit longer, like Missus, but lots of people slur all the s's together. Misss, which becomes Mizz. (Miz Carbuff is a Ms.)

I think they wanted to minimize the whole affair and wanted the camera farther away. This could be an unwarranted assumption on my part. Also, they did not look at the camera much. MM seemed to encourage LVD to look at things he was writing down or making notes about.

Zooming in closer (as in a telephoto lens) is not really an option in the Zoom app, at least not yet. It depends on how far away the camera is and how many people are participating in the Zoom session, at least in my experience.

Camera zoom is not a function of the zoom application but it is a feature of the type of commercial-grade VTC camera they'd have in that kind of setting.

I'm glad Mr. Means had the fashion sense to ditch the ol' outlaw bandanna as a face mask. The whole 'Billy the Kid' persona he was going for earlier just wasn't doing him (or his client) any favors. MOO.

Not gonna lie. That is/was the least of his/her issues. I'm hopping on a plane to Vegas to get good money on over/under when MM is off the case before those numbers crash

Judge in SC called Tisha Stauch "Ms." Maybe it's a courts thing.
Ms. is standard and polite. It's pronounced Mizz. Mrs. and Miss are old-fashioned in and can be offensive to a lot of women. One identifies you by your husband's name, and the other is for "spinsters". We were past that decades ago.

I haven't had time to listen to today's hearing yet, but a general observation--midwest and mountain west US accents do tend to blur that s/z sound that's at the end of Miss and Mrs. and Ms. So no matter which it is, it comes out sounding Miz. Mrs. is usually a bit longer, like Missus, but lots of people slur all the s's together. Misss, which becomes Mizz. (Miz Carbuff is a Ms.)

Haha I hear what you're saying, but man... Seriously. Humor me? Listen at 1:09 and see if you have any doubt about Judge Eddin's pronunciation there or in his next couple of minutes :) I am from a Southern state, and I live in a mountain state (for over 20 years now). There's simply no slurring there. Quite the opposite! Let us know what you think.

Haha I hear what you're saying, but man... Seriously. Humor me? Listen at 1:09 and see if you have any doubt about Judge Eddin's pronunciation there or in his next couple of minutes :) I am from a Southern state, and I live in a mountain state (for over 20 years now). There's simply no slurring there. Quite the opposite! Let us know what you think.

I'm sorry, my hearing simply isn't good enough to form an opinion. It's just a general observation that might not be relevant.

In my opinion, until CD and LV are facing murder charges, they think they are getting away with it. The lesser charges don't seem to bother either of them. We didn't get to see her walk in and she couldn't show off to CD or act haughty to the grandparents. Her only source of power was to hide her face from the interested public or the grandparents. Her body language did not make her look sad, ashamed or defeated. She seemed to loosen up towards the end and looked at the camera more directly. I feel sick for everyone hurt by her actions and there are so many. JMO

I'm sorry, my hearing simply isn't good enough to form an opinion. It's just a general observation that might not be relevant.

Oh my, I'm so sorry. I recall you mentioning this before now. Well, I'd just ask you to take my word for it that the "ssss" was so sharp and sibilant that it was almost painful to listen to!

I’m going to ask a question that I can’t find the answer to and it’s probably right in front of my eyes on the help thread lol... my pup did eat 3 pairs of my glasses so I am down to an old pair. Lol! Yes, I learn things the hard way. Or maybe I just trusted her dang it, lol!

Anyway, is “snipping” just deleting a part of what you’re responding to or quoting? And then adding in the reason so it’s clarified one has changed the content? I haven’t tried it yet but sometimes I quote or reply to longer posts than the info I’m referring to in the post.

Asking a dumb question, do they take your wedding ring off when you go to jail? Earrings?
No question is a dumb question. Cliché saying but I believe it’s a true one.
I think (not from experience lol!) that in jail they take all of your personal belongings. But in prison on the other hand, from my vast expertise gained from being a crime show junkie :p, I believe that there are some prisons in the country that permit wedding rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member