Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for focus.
That wasn't the question the judge asked.

"Mr. Means have you ever represented any of the alleged co-conspirators that are set forth in the criminal complaint?”

Means: "No your honor. Other than Mrs. Daybell"

Whether he can legally and/or ethically proceed is a different conversation. You know the legal portion far more than I. My issue is more so the response.

The fact he stated on the record that he was representing CD does not align with his response to the judge's very pointed question.

He could've answered yes and rambled on about having represented CD in the past and it not being of relevance. Would it not have been better than just lying?

It's interesting that you assume that he lied. Sure, we can assume ill intent all day long on the part of our primary actors here in this case (CD, LVD), but it wouldn't occur to me to assume that Means was lying. He should have been prepared to answer this question more fully, and he should have qualified his response with more complete information, and not doing those things makes him sloppy. I just can't imagine that he would have had the temerity to lie to the court over something that could so easily be verified, as evidenced by Wood's subsequent objection.

Chad Daybell appears before judge on new felony charges | East Idaho News

Eddins read a summary of each of the charges, and Eddins asked if he understood them, Daybell responded, “Yes.” He showed little emotion during the 12-minute hearing.

In the new charges, Daybell is accused of conspiring with Lori Vallow Daybell to “willfully and knowingly combine, conspire, confederate, and agree to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence” — the remains of Tylee Ryan and Joshua “JJ” Vallow. Police say the two lied about where the children were and refused to cooperate with law enforcement in their investigation.
Chad Daybell’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 3 and 4. A preliminary hearing for Lori Daybell is set for Aug. 10 and 11.

If Chad Daybell is found guilty of all four charges, he could face up to 20 years in prison and a $40,000 fine.

I think they really do believe it. I think it’s why they are able to disassociate with common decency (for lack of a better word) ie walking around hugging and kissing while Tammy was alive, killing spouses and children etc etc. I think they really believed they would be protected as they did God’s work? I think it will be interesting to see what happens as they realize that the Angels are not coming to rescue them...will their minds ‘clear’ or will they go down believing that they are martyrs for the cause.
I agree that CD believed bits & parts. He knew what parts were foundational in his LDS upbringing, what parts were built upon by others (ie: PAP, AVOW, etc) and then the creepy parts he made up and brought in himself to intertwine the story and ensure the ending he and LVD reign supreme. He knows very well where he danced on an edge of what might be plausible within the mainstream faithful (thus the ability to blur the lines) and who/where he could go full on outrageous and still be believed. His very closest followers appear to be the only ones let in on the special secrets of lists, zombies, etc.
All MOO

This is April Raymond, Lori’s friend from Hawaii discussing how Tylee was always sick. Do strange that we haven’t heard this mentioned even with all the insiders and moms of her friends here.

I have seen it mentioned on social media from another source. The comments were unrelated to this interview. That makes me think it is legit.

It's interesting that you assume that he lied. Sure, we can assume ill intent all day long on the part of our primary actors here in this case (CD, LVD), but it wouldn't occur to me to assume that Means was lying. He should have been prepared to answer this question more fully, and he should have qualified his response with more complete information, and not doing those things makes him sloppy. I just can't imagine that he would have had the temerity to lie to the court over something that could so easily be verified, as evidenced by Wood's subsequent objection.

I can't explain why he chose to not elaborate on why he answered no.

However, it's no assumption that he lied. It is a fact that he is on record stating he represents CD. Not to mention his Twitter, etc...

I never said he lied with ill intent.

Not to derail the discussion but I do have a question. When DW discussed the last night they saw JJ it was mentioned (I think even by MG) that they were going to "do a podcast" and it was "late". What would be the reason to record a podcast at a very late hour? Maybe it didn't matter to the core crew (ie: LVD, MG, DW, even CD & AC) because they didn't have day jobs? They didn't keep regular hours? Or that podcast recording time was cheaper? I am just not sure why this late hour. Any guesses?
Good question

Does that mean that if your friend shows up at your doorstep with a body and you help destroying and/or burying it (no matter where), no questions asked, you could only get 5 years?
Since Tammy was alive at the point of the children being disposed of in Chad's backyard, there is no way that a "friend" just showed up willy nilly with a dead body. Chad had to get the revelation that Tammy needed to go see her mother before someone could drop by with a body to be disposed of, IMO. No, this was planned out right down to when the body could be buried, IMO.

I don't doubt that she's vain, but wearing street clothes in a court appearance is so common as to be unremarkable IMO. It wouldn't surprise me if it was MM's idea. I'd bet he told her to lose the clown makeup, the smirking, and the stripey-suit.

Trials yes, but not too common during for in custody bail & preliminary hearings unless the person was not in custody long enough to be issued jail clothes.

Last edited:
I don't think he lied. I believe he was likely "on retainer" for the couple, but only represented LVD in any court actions. Since CD had nothing, he never had to "represent" him. I agree, he should have clarified this. However, given the dynamic, does he have information that would be pertinent to CD's current charges? Just speculating...if this is a possibility, could that interfere with his representation of LVD in conspiracy charges? (I'm not that savvy when it comes to how lawyers and court protocols work. LOL)

I wonder if there is anyone in the world who could bring her that clothes for the hearing except for MM :rolleyes:

That woman has lost everything and everyone for her delusions. Wonder if it's still worth it to her? Hopefully, someday she'll realize the destruction she and CD have caused. I doubt it, but maybe. That to me would be the best punishment. A lifetime of regret.

ETA In prison, of course.

I am really curious about the local news feeds in this area. My mom used to work at one of the local stations in Idaho Falls (KIFI-8) back in it's heyday. Now it's localnews8 or EIN (I think) but I doubt whether Madison or Fremont County jails pays for a lot of cable or network channels for the inmates. I imagine there is a communal room with 1 television and perhaps they are allowed to purchase their own? Either way, big breaking news in the local area specifically concerning inmates within the facility - I think both LVD & CD got to watch some of the coverage. Do they have access to newspapers (ie: Post Register) or is that considered a luxury that inmates have to pay for?
I would imagine their attorneys are able to show them video of any televised court case pertaining to them (where their name is mentioned). And possibly even transcripts of untelevised cases.

Now that I’ve said that, Maybe I’m wrong. Witnesses in a trial are often not allowed in the courtroom until after their testimony is over. I wonder if some similar rule would be at play here so one co-conspirator can’t parrot what another has said.

This Case (and all the related cases that comprise “This Case” ) makes me appreciate just how much a lawyer will need to know to adequately defend or prosecute LVD and Chad. Apart from the crimes themselves they are dealing w/the complexities of 1. conspiracy charges (multiple defendants including one who’s dead). 2. Multiple jurisdictions. 3. Conflict of interest issues and 4. Freedom of religion parameters to name a few. All this in a very small town where everyone knows each other. With world-wide press coverage. During an unprecedented historic pandemic.

It’s hard to imagine either defense attorney has the paralegal resources that will be needed to research the many issues likely to come up. These attorneys have their client’s lives in their hands and if they are in it “for the right reasons” they probably wake up at night in a cold sweat. On the other hand, if like their clients they’re narcissistic publicity hounds more likely they’re sleeping like babies while visions of speaking tours and book deals dance in their heads.

@gitana1 , @vislaw and any other attorneys — will Chad and Lori be allowed to see video and read transcripts of each other’s court proceedings? And what do you think will be the most challenging aspects of these cases for the attorneys involved? If you were criminal trial attorneys would you want this case or would you run?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members