Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are many more people involved in this group than we yet know about.

Do we think Alex would have bothered to tint the Jeep’s front and rear windows two different shades if he was preparing to take his shot, then exit the car to get into the driver’s seat, then pull away? What would be the point of tinting the windows? Or is the suggestion that he made it into the driver’s seat without exiting the car, and this has been his plan all along?
I don't think he needed to exit the Jeep, he'd removed the back seat and it was put into the storage unit. So the rear of the Jeep was empty and he only needed to hop into the driver's seat and be away. He even kept the engine running, according to the neighbor across the street who saw it.

Because it's such a nightmare task to add to the timeline (a better name for it might be the beast!), just in terms of getting each section within the perameters of a post size that will be accepted by the software, let alone the many weeks it takes to source, gather and type up the additions and slot them in, I'm thinking of working on a much trimmed down less wordy version of the timeline, containing just salient facts - condensed summaries. There's so much information that sections of even one month in the timeline are now having to be split up to fit an accepted post size, and I think it's even offputting to read through all the little details and long winded posts.

The old beast will still be there to refer back to for all the glorious detail. What do you all think?

For instance -

5 Nov 2019 –
Only a couple weeks after Tammy’s death, Chad Daybell is married to Lori Vallow in a beach ceremony in Kauai, Hawaii. A photographer takes more than 600 photos in 45 minutes of the ceremony taking place without any family present. JJ & Tylee are also not at the wedding. “An officiant lead the ceremony as flower petals shaped in a heart surrounded the husband and wife, later Chad is seen playing a ukulele as Lori smiles, hula dancing.” (Fox10 Phoenix; Rexburg PD Dec 20, 2019 Press Release). Rexburg Police Department

Will be something like -

5 Nov 2019 - Chad and Lori were married. An officiant conducted a beach ceremony in Kauai, Hawaii. A photographer was present. The children were not with them.

If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to duck out and leave it as is, because it's no longer a feasible task to update it, with all the new releases of information being continually dripped out. It's like editing a very large book now into ever decreasing chapters but many more pages.
Agree with scaled down version. Easier for you @Tortoise and easier for us playing catch-up. Whatever you offer is a gift to us following this bizarre beast of a case.

I was just watching the longer bodycam footage at the scene of BB's attempted murder.

He tells an officer his Tesla has a video camera on the front that is always recording - the footage is with Tesla. They say they will have a detective contact Tesla so that they don't delete the recording.

- Brandon really thought it was a BB gun, an Airsoft gun, or a paintball gun all of which he mentions initially. He seemed pretty unfazed by events and engaged with the officers right up until the 2nd officer shows up, looks at the car, and says "that's a real bullet." Shortly after that Brandon checks out. He needs to sit down, he is not responsive to the officer and repeatedly says "I need a minute..." then "Can I call a friend?" Clearly realized in that moment the gravity of what happened.

- The neighbor interviewed by the officer was asked where the Jeep was parked and he says it was next to a van that is still parked there. The officer then says "How close to that van?" and the neighbor says "right up to it" and holds up his hands indicating maybe a foot. I take away from that the Jeep needed to be reversed before it could drive away.

- There are a couple of occasions when an officer is standing near Brandon after his friends show up and I was thinking I really wish I could listen to Brandon talking to his friends. Then I realized I have some nice audio software so I recorded and amplified the section where the 3 friends are sitting on a patch of grass chatting with each other. It is barely audible until I amplified it a lot but with 90% certainty I can hear Brandon say "He had a rifle in his car and shot and put it in gear. It had to be 2 people. There had to be somebody driving." It is in the "Part 2 of 2" video, not the Part 1 of 2 in the link above, at about 5:20 into the video, just after they talk to the officer about traffic cameras.

I keep thinking if LV and CD allegedly believed what is being portrayed in the media and LE interview's why hide use codes and burner phones? argh....
I am also wondering why various other people that LE have interviewed have not been charged as well? I am just looking for factual /evidenced based / laws at this stage so I can understand American laws as I am Australian

BBM- This is a huge case with so much going on. In the US, you have a constitutional right to a speedy trial. So basically, once you're charged, the clock starts ticking so the prosecutors better have their ducks in a row. It's also the reason there was really no rush to charge CD or LV with murder any earlier than they did. While frustrating to many, they were both already locked up so not much would be gained. It allowed the prosecutors to await information (a lot of backlog) and build their case. It's my guess that many of the other players in this case will not simply walk free. You can make them squirm and potentially get more info from them to help with your case. If not, they can be charged as the evidence continues to roll out. CD & LV are the main targets and they want to make sure to hammer that home. In my opinion, CD & LV will not be the only one dealing with legal issues in this

I used to think that but now I think he was most likely alone, given the new information about timings and movements of the Jeep immediately before and after the shooting, and his phone activity.

Unless there's some (as yet unknown) phone record or additional info that points to a driver, I now agree... Alex was the driver and shooter.

BB's house was the second house on the left from the end BB approached. I timed the female police officer from the moment she turned the corner into his road to when she saw BB and slowed to a halt to get out of the car.

8.6 seconds.

That is the time Alex had to identify it was BB's car, open up the rear window, move his rifle into position, take aim and shoot. I'd say 8 seconds if he fired the gun before the car got to the spot where the police officer parked.

This is one more reason to suspect that Alex was informed BB was on his way around that corner. Particularly knowing that Alex wasn't fully paying attention to the road and to having the rifle in his hands ready to point, at times he was on the phone with Chad.

This is the spot he was parked at :

Google Maps
Alex wasn’t alone and was not the driver. IMO
I think there are many more people involved in this group than we yet know about.

Do we think Alex would have bothered to tint the Jeep’s front and rear windows two different shades if he was preparing to take his shot, then exit the car to get into the driver’s seat, then pull away? What would be the point of tinting the windows? Or is the suggestion that he made it into the driver’s seat without exiting the car, and this has been his plan all along?
What a huge risk trying to climb into the drivers seat from the back when you just tried to kill someone. Or even worse, exiting the vehicle and getting back into driver position when someone could see you and be a witness.
I’m standing by my assumption that he had a partner.

I don't think he needed to exit the Jeep, he'd removed the back seat and it was put into the storage unit. So the rear of the Jeep was empty and he only needed to hop into the driver's seat and be away. He even kept the engine running, according to the neighbor across the street who saw it.
So there was an eyewitness?

- Brandon really thought it was a BB gun, an Airsoft gun, or a paintball gun all of which he mentions initially. He seemed pretty unfazed by events and engaged with the officers right up until the 2nd officer shows up, looks at the car, and says "that's a real bullet." Shortly after that Brandon checks out. He needs to sit down, he is not responsive to the officer and repeatedly says "I need a minute..." then "Can I call a friend?" Clearly realized in that moment the gravity of what happened.

- The neighbor interviewed by the officer was asked where the Jeep was parked and he says it was next to a van that is still parked there. The officer then says "How close to that van?" and the neighbor says "right up to it" and holds up his hands indicating maybe a foot. I take away from that the Jeep needed to be reversed before it could drive away.

- There are a couple of occasions when an officer is standing near Brandon after his friends show up and I was thinking I really wish I could listen to Brandon talking to his friends. Then I realized I have some nice audio software so I recorded and amplified the section where the 3 friends are sitting on a patch of grass chatting with each other. It is barely audible until I amplified it a lot but with 90% certainty I can hear Brandon say "He had a rifle in his car and shot and put it in gear. It had to be 2 people. There had to be somebody driving." It is in the "Part 2 of 2" video, not the Part 1 of 2 in the link above, at about 5:20 into the video, just after they talk to the officer about traffic cameras.
Thanks so much. Interesting!

Brandon and his friends at about 8 minutes + into "Part 2 of 2" video.
Brandon:"The only thing that makes sense is it has to do with Al, and that makes perfect sense [garbled, "he's" or maybe "it's"] crazy. The whole thing doesn't make any sense"
Friend: "it's like they knew your gym [garbled]"
Other Friend: "Why would Al do it? The only person that benefits is Melani."
Brandon: "Yeah I know [garbled..garbled...] nobody else knows my address."
Friend: "I didn't know your address. I had to ask you where your house was and I see you every day."
Friend: "Honestly the best thing you can hope for is somebody thought you were somebody else."
Brandon: "[garbled] not many people drive a black Tesla"

Hard to follow because the audio fades in and out as the officer moves around. Out of time for now, I'll see if I can get anything else tomorrow.

I am new to websleuth and have been following another case since i joined. Is this the latest thread on Daybell /Vallow case ?
Welcome to WS and the Vallow Daybell discussion. One quick way to check if you’re looking at the most recent thread, see if posts have “reply” as an option at the bottom. If they do, it’s the most current thread. Once a newer thread is opened you can “like” and “report” a post, but reply is no longer an option.

I’ll have to replicate DI_Isokawa’s experiment to see if the presence of a back seat would have created an obstacle to jumping into the driver’s seat. Absent that, I can’t see that it would have. The obstacle, it seems to me, would be the front passenger’s backrest. But if he was planning to hop up front all along, why allow the front windows to be less opaquely tinted?

I think we have an explanation now for Alex being at Chad's house on the morning of Weds 25th September. It's clear they were being careful not to communicate with their usual cellphones about the plan to murder BB, so he went there to discuss details in person. Then Melani flew in the next day with BB's address, so she didn't have to send a text or an email either. She revealed her paranoia about phones being tapped. Alex activated his throwaway phone the day Melani arrived - I wouldn't be surprised if she also brought the burner phones with her. Then she flew back to AZ on the Sunday, and Alex left for AZ in the Jeep the following day. She could have shared the journey with him but it seems she was being very careful not to associate herself with his movements on that occasion, even though they shared many road trips back and forth when she moved and was scouting around for her children.

I'm surprised she didn't have herself an alibi for the day of the shooting, knowing police had asked her to come in. Something must have stopped her from telling an outright lie, she clearly doesn't have any qualms about lying. And why didn't she answer BB's calls and messages that day? I think she might have been communicating on a burner phone too, perhaps even followed BB to the gym, because it seems strange that Alex sat outside the house for two hours, communicating with Chad and then Lori initiated the call from Alex's phone to her own phone at around the time BB would have been leaving the gym. So I think Melani must have had her phone off or left it at home, to avoid tracking, when BB was calling her. I suspect her cellphone activity is uncharacteristic for her that day.

MOO

I agree that it makes sense Melanie followed BB to the gym. Otherwise, Lori wouldn't have known the right timing to call herself from Alex's phone in an effort to set up an alibi for him. I also think this means MBP had to have a burner phone with her. That phone could even possibly be one of the phones mentioned in the reports and attributed to Chad.

I think one of the single most incriminating pieces of evidence against Melanie is that she lied to the police after BB's attempted shooting about the last time she saw Lori and Alex. She made no mention of her trip to Rexburg just days before. She said she last saw them a couple of weeks previous, before they moved to Idaho.

I’ll have to replicate DI_Isokawa’s experiment to see if the presence of a back seat would have created an obstacle to jumping into the driver’s seat. Absent that, I can’t see that it would have. The obstacle, it seems to me, would be the front passenger’s backrest. But if he was planning to hop up front all along, why allow the front windows to be less opaquely tinted?
It is the law in many states that front windows must be "less tinted" meaning they let in more light than back windows. I have been told by a LE friend it is because when you get pulled over the officer needs to be able to see what the driver is doing. Not a lawyer but the back tinting applied to Charles/Tylee's Jeep that lets only 5% of light through seems to be against the law in Idaho. I got a bit nerdy about this subject a fewyears ago when I got a ticket for having my windows tinted too much when there was no window tinting added, it came from the factory like that. Cost me a day in research and 1/2 a day waiting in traffic court to get that thrown out.

49-944. Standards for windshields and windows of motor vehicles — Prohibited acts — Penalty. (1) It is unlawful for any person to place, install, affix or apply any window tinting film or sunscreening device to the windows of any motor vehicle, except as follows:
(c) Nonreflective window tinting film or sunscreening devices that have a light transmission of not less than twenty percent (20%)

Brandon and his friends at about 8 minutes + into "Part 2 of 2" video.
Brandon:"The only thing that makes sense is it has to do with Al, and that makes perfect sense [garbled, "he's" or maybe "it's"] crazy. The whole thing doesn't make any sense"
Friend: "it's like they knew your gym [garbled]"
I tried getting rid of some background noise in the Youtube audio to listen to the conversations again. I can now say with 99%+ certainty the original friend statement above is:
"It's like they knew your gym routine"

Who would know Brandon's gym routine? And his new address? And can't account for where they were the morning of the shooting? I only come up with 1 person that fits all 3 of those groups.

I agree Melani was a spotter that morning alerting Alex (/Chad/Lori) where Brandon was and when. I have no idea how she isn't implicated in the Gilbert PD report and is not sleeping in a jail cell tonight.

Probably illegal. Jmo

It is the law in many states that front windows must be "less tinted" meaning they let in more light than back windows. I have been told by a LE friend it is because when you get pulled over the officer needs to be able to see what the driver is doing. Not a lawyer but the back tinting applied to Charles/Tylee's Jeep that lets only 5% of light through seems to be against the law in Idaho. I got a bit nerdy about this subject a fewyears ago when I got a ticket for having my windows tinted too much when there was no window tinting added, it came from the factory like that. Cost me a day in research and 1/2 a day waiting in traffic court to get that thrown out.

49-944. Standards for windshields and windows of motor vehicles — Prohibited acts — Penalty. (1) It is unlawful for any person to place, install, affix or apply any window tinting film or sunscreening device to the windows of any motor vehicle, except as follows:
(c) Nonreflective window tinting film or sunscreening devices that have a light transmission of not less than twenty percent (20%)

This was a Texas plated jeep. Tint laws for Texas are 25%/25%/Any...Basically Front Windows/Rear Windows/Rear Windshield.

Idaho is 35%/20%/35%
Arizona is 33%/Any/Any (I personally know of zero people that sell 33%...What a bizarre number)

I live in an area that is 35%/Any/Any...However, if I drive across the state border, it changes drastically. The people live/work/travel around here don't put much thought into it. Some realize they might run into issues in the other state but don't care.

I guess you've gotta be careful if you live in ID as many stock tints are 20% on rear windows/rear windshield

Last edited:
I agree that it makes sense Melanie followed BB to the gym. Otherwise, Lori wouldn't have known the right timing to call herself from Alex's phone in an effort to set up an alibi for him. I also think this means MBP had to have a burner phone with her. That phone could even possibly be one of the phones mentioned in the reports and attributed to Chad.

I think one of the single most incriminating pieces of evidence against Melanie is that she lied to the police after BB's attempted shooting about the last time she saw Lori and Alex. She made no mention of her trip to Rexburg just days before. She said she last saw them a couple of weeks previous, before they moved to Idaho.
I see you are new here so welcome!

Also wanted to point out in this crazy case there is a Melani with no e at the end and a Melanie with an e at the end. Melani (Cox/Boudreaux/Pawlowski) is the niece of Lori, ex-wife of Brandon Boudreaux, and the person you refer to. Melanie (Gibb) is a friend of Lori's who did podcasts with her. Your post is clear in its context, I just wanted to warn you when looking through this forum to be careful about "Melani" and "Melanie" and be aware spellcheck will change them so even when we type in the right spelling it sometimes gets changed. Be prepared for some confusion on Melani/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025