Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - sorry if I keep bugging you....
flocon-10.gif

Oh no, you don't bug me at all!! I'm happy to check it and chat with you!!!!

Chad Daybell’s attorney John Prior files second motion to extend time for motions to be filed and heard — but in this document, Prior confirms another grand jury was summoned in regards to allegations in this case.

Prior just finished review of the first grand jury proceedings transcript and has now learned an additional proceeding was held. But what came out of it?

Justin Lum - Reporter

Nothing real exciting but it's an update

Last edited:
There may be another reason the case will not be heart for over a year…..a change in defense lawyer. We may not know, can only hope, that the State is looking hard at a certain lawyer. That be the case and he is out there would be a delay in the trial. Add this as one more reason besides Covid increasing and trials delayed for that, the LV is in treatment, plus just cases that the other lawyers have on going and the Judge too, add the fact of a possible new lawyer coming into play and an old lawyer leaving. JMOO. I would say out of all the players, the Judge would know what is happening in the investigation of a lawyer. I don’t believe the other lawyers know because someone always “slips” and reveals info to media.
Jmoo…

Why would there be a need for a new lawyer? We have Archibald in place, he's fully qualified, more mature = more experience. After all Pryor is going it alone, so Archibald could do the same. He's been spending time since April JMO, getting acquainted with the case and seems ready and willing to take his place now. I could be wrong. I often am.

Prior wants more time after many months on this case... If your client is innocent why on earth would a defense attorney ask that the client remain in jail longer?

If the accused, Chad, has a slight chance of being innocent wouldn't the defense want to get to trial as quickly as possible?

I think the filing was more about simply being allowed additional time for motions.

In regards to the other. He waived his right to a speedy trial and was never going to pick any other route. Even with waiving that right, there still has to be some level of speediness.

JP did want to go to trial earlier. He wanted Oct. 2022 and needed 6 weeks total which included jury selection. This came after RW stated he needed till Sept. 2023 and needed 10 total weeks.

JP has done a good job but it's still a huge case to handle and takes time to prepare. CD would rather hang out in county a few extra months if it gives his defense a better job to prepare. The next place won't be nearly as nice as county. The Sept. 2023, in my opinion, is simply the state looking for extra time to get LV competent so they only have to try it once. Whatever happens, I hope RW gets his act together. He looks terrible in almost every manner.

Last edited:
There will be news tomorrow - hopefully! From my notes for Lori:

12/3/21 Update: Motion hearing on 12/29/21 re Motion to Quash or modify subpoena duces tecum (a writ ordering a person (witness) to attend a court & bring relevant documents under his/her control to produce into evidence) filed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be heard at 10am & William John Dalling & Idaho Dept. of Health & Welfare will be heard at 10:30am.

@montegrl - I was going to wait until after Lori's hearing tomorrow - but what the heck! :D Any new court date for Chad? Last one I have was on 12/2/21 a motions & scheduling hearing. And was given a date of 11/9/22 for a pretrial hearing, but thought "maybe" there will be one before this one.

TIA! :)

There will be news tomorrow - hopefully! From my notes for Lori:

12/3/21 Update: Motion hearing on 12/29/21 re Motion to Quash or modify subpoena duces tecum (a writ ordering a person (witness) to attend a court & bring relevant documents under his/her control to produce into evidence) filed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be heard at 10am & William John Dalling & Idaho Dept. of Health & Welfare will be heard at 10:30am.

@montegrl - I was going to wait until after Lori's hearing tomorrow - but what the heck! :D Any new court date for Chad? Last one I have was on 12/2/21 a motions & scheduling hearing. And was given a date of 11/9/22 for a pretrial hearing, but thought "maybe" there will be one before this one.

TIA! :)

Hi @Niner! Nothing new filed for Chad yet, I will keep checking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah