Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,
After the ABC 20/20 at 11 PM Eastern, we will go live on Websleuths YouTube Live to discuss tonight's interview with Adam.
Hope you will join us.

Hey Everyone,
After the ABC 20/20 at 11 PM Eastern, we will go live on Websleuths YouTube Live to discuss tonight's interview with Adam.
Hope you will join us.

Brother of Lori Vallow Daybell speaks out on their relationship, sister's murder charges

Lots of quotes from Adam's 20/20 interview in the above article. A slightly different version of Lori's parents' knowledge:

(Adam) Cox said he reached out to their mother.

“I was like, ‘Look, Lori is saying some crazy stuff. We gotta do something.’ And my mom was like, ‘Well, she's never said that to me. I never heard her say that,’” said Cox.

“20/20” spoke to Janis Cox a month before the bodies were found.

“Adam told us he was really worried about Lori,” said Janis Cox. “He didn't specify, but he said to me, he said ‘Mom, don't you think Lori has some crazy beliefs?’ And I said, ‘No, I don't think Lori has crazy beliefs. She's taking care of JJ, Lori's just living a normal life.’”
I was just coming to post this interview. It's on ABC 20/20 right now.

I watched it, well, I had it on as background as I was doing other stuff. I was disappointed because I got it confused with Dateline and thought I'd be hearing Keith Morrison.

There was really nothing new, except I'd never seen Adam Cox before. What stood out to me was that he was that person in a family that trys to sound the alarm when things are wrong, and no one will listen and the others just hold the family line. And he was right, and got cut out of the family. You could tell it hurt him.

There were a ton of commercials. And it was choppy in that they bounced back and forth in the timeline, an interview with Lori's mom before the bodies were found; current time with Adam; just very hard to follow if you weren't at least somewhat familiar with the case.

I'll stick with Keith Morrison.

I watched it, well, I had it on as background as I was doing other stuff. I was disappointed because I got it confused with Dateline and thought I'd be hearing Keith Morrison.

There was really nothing new, except I'd never seen Adam Cox before. What stood out to me was that he was that person in a family that trys to sound the alarm when things are wrong, and no one will listen and the others just hold the family line. And he was right, and got cut out of the family. You could tell it hurt him.

There were a ton of commercials. And it was choppy in that they bounced back and forth in the timeline, an interview with Lori's mom before the bodies were found; current time with Adam; just very hard to follow if you weren't at least somewhat familiar with the case.

I'll stick with Keith Morrison.
I learned one new fact: that Alex had been married before. I wasn't aware of that. It certainly appeared that he had an incestuous relationship with Lori. I wonder if that's why she had a hold over him?

I got this article in my alerts - but can't access it. Does it have to do with CD's motions hearing on 1/27/22? It does say hearings - so thought maybe there is more than one scheduled.

Hearings set for motions in Daybell case

can someone give a 10% synopsis on this, please? TIA! :)

Hi @Niner. It’s paywalled for me. I can’t access it :( Maybe someone else can.

I got this article in my alerts - but can't access it. Does it have to do with CD's motions hearing on 1/27/22? It does say hearings - so thought maybe there is more than one scheduled.

Hearings set for motions in Daybell case

can someone give a 10% synopsis on this, please? TIA! :)
Here is a summary of the linked article:

The hearing scheduled for January 27 is still in place to go over a motion from the defense to extend the time to file more motions.

Two hearings are also scheduled for March 18 to go over a motion to separate CD’s trial from LV as well as a motion to allow additional evidence.

Daybell's case is set to go to trial in January 2023. He is facing a potential death penalty.

Re: the 20/20 interview with Adam Cox

Wow that Adam Cox was communicating, texting with Charles Vallow right up until his death. I think Adam said Charles text him …why is Alex ‘s truck at Lori’s house ?
Adam said he also communicated with
Brandon Boudreaux post his shooting experience.
Beyond frightening that Adam feared for his family & self…slept with a gun.

MOO

Last edited:
Inside Lori Vallow's odd relationship with brother who 'tried to sleep with her'

Four witnesses spoke about Alex's strange preoccupation with Lori throughout the years. It was published in a recent book. Alex was five years older than Lori.

A childhood best friend of Lori's, identified under the pseudonym Rose Vaughn in Glatt's book, told the author how Alex gave her the "creeps" growing up and how he seemed "fixated" on his younger sister.

One night when they were in seventh grade, Rose recalled how she had been sitting in Vallow's bedroom when she (Lori) suddenly burst into tears and blurted out that Alex had been making sexual advances on her.

Mary Tracy, a former friend of Alex Cox's, said she witnessed something "odd" in the summer of 2008 when she accompanied Cox to Lori's home for a family gathering.

Mary said she walked into the home to find Lori parading around the house in a skimpy bikini in front of fascinated Alex.

Years later, in early 2015, Alex had flown out to visit his sister in Kauai and Lori brought him into her church to meet the congregation.

She (Lori's Hawaii friend AR) said he appeared to be fascinated by the fact that she, like Lori, had blond hair, and would often ask intimate questions to see how she measured up to his younger sister.

Another person to voice discomfort over Alex and Lori's strange relationship was an ex-wife of Cox's who, in an interview with police in September 2020, claimed the two siblings would touch one another sexually.

Last edited:
I watched the 20/20 special on and off and I didn’t learn anything new, other than listening to Adam talk…I am even more repulsed by Janis…she obviously put Lori on a pedestal and everyone else in the family was required to worship her beauty, in spite of her actions… Janis seems like a very shallow ostrich who enjoys putting her head in the sand…AND you can’t tell me Lori’s niece didn’t know about the attempt on Brandon’s life, surprised that their isn’t any digital evidence to support this..

I watched the 20/20 special on and off and I didn’t learn anything new, other than listening to Adam talk…I am even more repulsed by Janis…she obviously put Lori on a pedestal and everyone else in the family was required to worship her beauty, in spite of her actions… Janis seems like a very shallow ostrich who enjoys putting her head in the sand…AND you can’t tell me Lori’s niece didn’t know about the attempt on Brandon’s life, surprised that their isn’t any digital evidence to support this..
IIRC, Lori's niece visited Lori in Rexburg a few days before the attempt on Brandon. IMO they likely discussed their plans with her in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018