Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier I was speculating that LVD may not have complied and completed the competency assessment but I just found this quote from one of the Judges who ruled she was currently not competent:

"The completed assessment determined that at this time the defendant is not competent to proceed, and recommends restorative treatment," Judge Steven Boyce wrote in his order to stay the case."

Lori Vallow Daybell ruled unfit to stand trial on charges related to deaths of kids JJ, Tylee - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)
Her competency issue was first raised in March by MM. When was she actually evaluated? Would she be receiving treatment (medication) since she was first professionally evaluated or only now after the judge's recommendation?

MM was complaining on Court TV about Idaho not having the insanity defense. Is it likely that it would have been applied to Lori for her current state or for the time when she committed the crimes? Would she technically be able to get away with it in another state?

Daybell attorney withdraws subpoena against EastIdahoNews.com reporter - East Idaho News

The subpoena, which was filed in early May, had commanded Eaton to appear in a Fremont County courtroom for a hearing ostensibly to discuss changing the venue of the Chad and Lori Daybell court cases......Prior’s subpoena aimed to compel Eaton to testify about EastIdahoNews.com, including its geographic and/or online reach, audience size and amount of pageviews......Since the subpoena was filed, EastIdahoNews.com has been contacted by a number of press organizations in support of fighting the order, including the Radio Television Digital News Association, the Committee to Protect Journalists and the Idaho Press Club.
If Prior truly wanted that information then he should have subpoenaed somebody in the organization that would actually know such information, not a reporter.

Nate's title is also News Director, so he would probably know such info.

Actually, not really. Those facts are used by the publisher and advertising department to determine ad rates. Some editorial decisions may be based on this information, but it is normally from the publisher to the editor then news director, not solely the latter’s purview. Good journalists, even in small markets, try to distance themselves from these considerations and it’s only if shifting demographics indicate a need for greater coverage of news in certain communities that the news director is asked to make changes in newsroom assignments as necessary to fulfill those new needs.

If Prior truly wanted that information then he should have subpoenaed somebody in the organization that would actually know such information, not a reporter.

That information would be held in a department other than news. He may have access but he wouldn’t know all the minutiae as to how that data is gathered and analyzed. I think it was a fishing expedition by Prior.

Actually, not really. Those facts are used by the publisher and advertising department to determine ad rates. Some editorial decisions may be based on this information, but it is normally from the publisher to the editor then news director, not solely the latter’s purview. Good journalists, even in small markets, try to distance themselves from these considerations and it’s only if shifting demographics indicate a need for greater coverage of news in certain communities that the news director is asked to make changes in newsroom assignments as necessary to fulfill those new needs.

I believe he's the head honcho, agent, "manager" (for Secretary of State) of East Idaho News. He indeed would know all those statistics MOO!

He started the company in January of 2016. (July 1st 2015 actually). It's an interesting and lovely story about him moving to Rexberg/Idaho Falls area and beginning the company, and how he set it up for "information sharing" with other news outlets, but too O/T for this thread I think. (Search the term "5 lessons Nate Easton has learned" in YouTube when he presented to a Rotary Meeting... and starts at ~6 minutes)

Attachments

• NateEIN.pdf
    31.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Zac Cox mentions in his interview with Justin Lum that Charles told how Lori thought she was a god, and how she didn't have to eat or go to the bathroom. Colby Ryan says that the person sitting in jail is not the same person he knew as his mother.

I have recently heard from listening to experts on YouTube that certain personality disorders can be virtually indistinguishable from schizophrenia, and even professionals have difficulty coming to the same conclusion as their colleagues might; or that both conditions might be present.

But just imagine what it would be like for all the world to see that you really do have to eat, and have to eliminate, after telling so many people that you didn't; or all the world seeing that the end has not come after you claimed to be a prophet; or that an angel has not yet broke down those prison walls; or that you have not been able to teleport yourself out of this mess.

IMO, just a theory of mine, that this is the reason behind the change in Lori's appearance. Don't you know that it was somebody else who made those claims? Very classic for someone with dissociative identity disorder which can be comorbid with the other conditions that have been discussed.

Yes, East Idaho News is independent and locally owned. They publish themselves, I believe. Nate is the News Director.

East Idaho News - Media Bias/Fact Check

About Us - East Idaho News

I believe he's the head honcho, agent, "manager" (for Secretary of State) of East Idaho News. He indeed would know all those statistics MOO!

He started the company in January of 2016. (July 1st 2015 actually). It's an interesting and lovely story about him moving to Rexberg/Idaho Falls area and beginning the company, and how he set it up for "information sharing" with other news outlets, but too O/T for this thread I think. (Search the term "5 lessons Nate Easton has learned" in YouTube when he presented to a Rotary Meeting... and starts at ~6 minutes)

I remember Nate and East Idaho News from when DeOrr Kunz vanished, back in July 2015.

DeOrr Kunz vanished 5 years ago today. Here's where the investigation stands. - East Idaho News

Last edited:
Zac Cox mentions in his interview with Justin Lum that Charles told how Lori thought she was a god, and how she didn't have to eat or go to the bathroom. Colby Ryan says that the person sitting in jail is not the same person he knew as his mother.

I have recently heard from listening to experts on YouTube that certain personality disorders can be virtually indistinguishable from schizophrenia, and even professionals have difficulty coming to the same conclusion as their colleagues might; or that both conditions might be present.

But just imagine what it would be like for all the world to see that you really do have to eat, and have to eliminate, after telling so many people that you didn't; or all the world seeing that the end has not come after you claimed to be a prophet; or that an angel has not yet broke down those prison walls; or that you have not been able to teleport yourself out of this mess.

IMO, just a theory of mine, that this is the reason behind the change in Lori's appearance. Don't you know that it was somebody else who made those claims? Very classic for someone with dissociative identity disorder which can be comorbid with the other conditions that have been discussed.
IMO if Chad and Lori, or anyone else, wants to believe they were married in a previous life, they’re descended from prophets, they know the world is going to end and all the other things in Chads books that they espouse, that may not be what everyone believes but to each his or her own. IMO it’s things like Lori telling people she didn’t have to eat or use the bathroom that makes me think she 100 percent knew then and knows now that she’s no immortal goddess, just an ordinary self-absorbed, greedy murderer, with a side of convenient spirituality. She obviously was aware that she had to eat, drink and take care of other mortal necessities. So that was a line to give to people as a threat, “Do what I say or I’ll sic my goddess powers on you.” And Chad for sure knew it was all BS. She’s just malingering now.

There might be several shades of personality disorders going on there but she’s well aware of reality and she’s not liking it one bit. She better cooperate with whatever is prescribed and hope they don’t ship her to some state-run Psych Hospital. She won’t like it there one bit.

All JMO

That’s useful information, thanks. I maintain, no matter what Nate’s role in the organization, his editorial decisions should not be influenced by the kinds of statistics we’re talking about. I hope there’s a firewall between the newsroom and advertising/circulation.

MM was complaining on Court TV about Idaho not having the insanity defense. Is it likely that it would have been applied to Lori for her current state or for the time when she committed the crimes? Would she technically be able to get away with it in another state?

I don't think so. Colorado is an excellent example. Liberal, and very open minded regarding mental illness. James Holmes seemed crazy to me, he was not given the "Insanity plea".
James Holmes (mass murderer) - Wikipedia

Now, look at Andrea Yates, who was originally found "Guilty" and it was later overturned to "Guilty by reason of Insanity". She confessed to her crime. She didn't run away to Hawaii and get married on the beach.
Andrea Yates - Wikipedia

Hi gang!

I took a few months off from following this case to preserve my sanity. The way everything has been moving slower than molasses is maddening to me.

I am so glad they have finally added murder to the charges. I was begining to wonder if they didn't have what they needed to make that charge or if they were just playing cat and mouse with the defense since they had them in jail on the other charge. they may of been slow to charge just to give the defense the least amount of time to prepare as possible.

Lori being declared incompetent is a huge gift for the defense. I do believe it's entirely possible she is criminally insane and may spend the rest of her life in a hospital.

The problem is if they don't prosecute them both together it's likely the defense blames the person not present at the trial and unable to defend against whatever accusations they make to put doubt in the jurys heads. I think that is a problem for the prosecution.

This whole thing is such a mess. I really hope the prosecution has the evidence to paint a clear picture about what exactly transpired.

IMO if Chad and Lori, or anyone else, wants to believe they were married in a previous life, they’re descended from prophets, they know the world is going to end and all the other things in Chads books that they espouse, that may not be what everyone believes but to each his or her own. IMO it’s things like Lori telling people she didn’t have to eat or use the bathroom that makes me think she 100 percent knew then and knows now that she’s no immortal goddess, just an ordinary self-absorbed, greedy murderer, with a side of convenient spirituality. She obviously was aware that she had to eat, drink and take care of other mortal necessities. So that was a line to give to people as a threat, “Do what I say or I’ll sic my goddess powers on you.” And Chad for sure knew it was all BS. She’s just malingering now.

There might be several shades of personality disorders going on there but she’s well aware of reality and she’s not liking it one bit. She better cooperate with whatever is prescribed and hope they don’t ship her to some state-run Psych Hospital. She won’t like it there one bit.

All JMO
The powers that be could just remove the toilet from her cell if she still insists that she does not need it. See where that goes. And no meals, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892