Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well her attorney believes she is not competent to stand trial. I don’t know what she is claiming. Before her arrest she was living the good life in Hawaii knowing her children were dead.
RIGHT ?!?!?!!

Sorry, not sorry, but I believe she was able to fake her being incompetent with the doctors.

I am NOT saying anything negative about the doctors, at all.
Just that she was able to deceive them as she has everyone else.

Dancing and roaming around her "happy place" in Hawaii while knowing full well her children were dead and buried in her new husband's back yard says a lot to me.

JMO

I hope my post did not come off as believing she is “faking” it or to doubt the MH professionals who evaluated her. Rather, I was questioning the timeline of her competency. When did her ability to participate in her own defense truly come into question? I know she was evaluated fairly recently, but is this an acute event or something more long term?

As a MH professional myself, I have seen many patients who attempt to abuse the MH system for personal gain and malingering is common. I think it is reasonable to ask questions about the information we don’t have access to related to LV without questioning the professionals, given her background. I certainly stand by the decisions of all those who have/will evaluate Lori! If there is any shred of concern about her competency it is best for her to be evaluated and treated.

Someone upthread had requested Idaho’s laws on involuntary treatment (from the Idaho Dept. of Corrections): http://forms.idoc.idaho.gov/WebLink/0/edoc/283162/Involuntary Medication and Treatment.pdf
“Basis for Non-emergency Involuntary Medication
An offender may be subject to non-emergency involuntary medication but only if the Involuntary Medication Hearing Committee (IMHC) holds an involuntary medication hearing, and only if the IMHC finds that the offender:
• Suffers from a ‘mental disorder’ and is gravely disabled; and/or
• Suffers from a mental disorder and poses a likelihood of causing serious harm to
himself, others, or their property.

Other safeguards that the IMHC will consider when determining whether or not an offender may be subject to non-emergency involuntary medication are when:
• A psychiatrist determined that the offender should be medicated;
• The offender did not consent to the medication after being given the opportunity to
do so;
• All available less restrictive options were exhausted, were shown to be ineffective, or were likely to not be effective;
• The psychiatrist determined that the potential benefits for the proposed medication outweighed the risks associated with it; and
• A less restrictive means of non-emergency treatment was attempted and exhausted, was not successful, was unlikely to succeed, and if true, specifically what means were attempted or exhausted, and what was the basis for concluding that the treatment did not succeed or was unlikely to succeed.”

Lastly, I hope someone can clarify for me, do we know why LV’s proceedings had previously been placed on hold? TYIA!

Would any of this change if it was a psychologist who diagnosed LV at the jail (or elsewhere) as I have no proof of location?)

Can a psychologist prescribe medication? TIA.

Last edited:
I think he was busy typing] QUOTE
BBM
Typing Double spaced documents :p

and working on getting MG and anyone else who may be a "potential witness" in trouble and erased from the witness list.

JMO

Would any of this change if it was a psychologist who diagnosed LV at the jail (or elsewhere) as I have no proof of location?)

The location does not matter re: diagnosis (although noting it is a requirement for billing for most insurance companies), No a Psychologist is the Professional who does the testing and diagnosis of the mental health issues. A Psychiatrist is the Professional who would prescribe medications for said diagnosis. (I always used to remember the difference by telling myself a the Psychologist "calls" the diagnosis while the Psychiatrists "try" different medications).

No, only a psychiatrist, who has a medical degree, can prescribe psychotropic medications. Often, psychologists can refer a patient to a medical doctor, with a diagnosis of "Depression", and a patient is receiving mental health treatment with psychotropics prescribed by the medical doctor.

A patient always has the right to refuse medication. And mental health care.

Would any of this change if it was a psychologist who diagnosed LV at the jail (or elsewhere) as I no proof of location?)

The Order does state she was evaluated by a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. But that shouldn’t impact the treatment. She’ll be under the care of a psychiatrist who can prescribe the medications, if deemed indicated based off of the diagnosis of the psychologist.

In general, psychologists do not have a Scope of Practice or prescriptive authority.

ETA: ^^ what the faster responders said above :)

Last edited:
Ok, well her attorney believes she is not competent to stand trial. I don’t know what she is claiming. Before her arrest she was living the good life in Hawaii knowing her children were dead.

Her lawyer is still going after Melanie Gibb for not responding to her subpoena, so things are still moving along in that aspect.

Just an FYI.

From 2017:

“In April, Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter signed into law legislation that authorizes clinical psychologists with advanced specialized training to prescribe certain medications for the treatment of mental health disorders, thereby improving access to a wide range of mental health services, particularly in poorly served areas.”

And Idaho makes five

The Order does state she was evaluated by a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. But that shouldn’t impact the treatment. She’ll be under the care of a psychiatrist who can prescribe the medications, if deemed indicated based off of the diagnosis of the psychologist.

In general, psychologists do not have a Scope of Practice or prescriptive authority.

ETA: ^^ what the faster responders said above :)

Thank you.

We don’t know if she is claiming to be mentally ill. She could just be acting and speaking as she did before her arrest and this would lead anyone to observe that she is delusional, at best.
You may be right. It makes more sense that she is not telling people she is mentally ill. I doubt she thinks she is ill. I think her attorney realized she was off and initiated the process. I think she has been delusional for many months if not years. There were many ignored red flags. Think about that huge report about Tylee’s custody fight. Examples of bizarre thoughts. Anytime outsiders tried to get too close she would flee-going to Hawaii alone, disappearing for 50+ days, moving to Rexburg, going back to Hawaii when cops wouldn’t quit asking about the kids. I think being in jail for long time really showcased her disordered, unclear thoughts.

Last edited:
It's interesting that upon the encounter with police, and even on the phone call with MG (when they asked her to lie), it was Chad that sounded nervous and scared, while Lori appeared carefree and confident. These days, in a very different environment, Chad is the calm one and Lori finds it impossible to cope. She is taking the loss of control worse than Chad (perhaps she also has a weaker support system). To me it shows that she was/is a fanatical believer who felt/feels invincible while Chad has been more in touch with reality and is taking a stoic approach.

MOO slowly. A descent into self justofivayion.
Their baby talk from CDs Car to LVD in jail as Chad watched the police finding something was beyond grotesque.
This is what I always come back to. They are both complicit. They both knew what the police were looking for and what they would find. That is why CD made a run for it, there is no way that he can say he did not know.

Nate Eaton

@NateNewsNow

·
14m

"He's a liar. He's a liar." Kay Woodcock and Colby Ryan react to Chad Daybell's not guilty plea

'He's a liar. He's a liar.' Grandmother, brother react to Daybell's not guilty plea - East Idaho News

"When Daybell pleaded not guilty to eight felony charges, including murder and conspiracy to commit murder, Woodcock started to cry and grabbed Ryan’s hand.

“I didn’t expect it. As with all this, it comes over in a wave of emotion and it just makes it more real,” she said after the hearing. “It just seemed surreal for a long time and as you accept it more and more, things just get to be more real.”

[...]

Three of Chad and Tammy’s children sat behind their father during the arraignment and quickly left the courthouse following the hearing."

"He's a liar. He's a liar." Kay Woodcock and Colby Ryan react to Chad Daybell's not guilty plea
Never forget what Nate saw from a helicopter exactly a year ago!

The court hearing as videod by the pool camera - with audio

The prayer hands from Prior and Chad are likely staged but are interesting body language either way.
Chad's shifty eyes... when looking straight forward I guess he is hiding behind the veil or in the portal.

Or maybe he sees Judas staring back at him from the Ninth Circle of Hell.

upload_2021-6-10_7-0-59.pngupload_2021-6-10_7-1-28.png

You may be right. It makes more sense that she is not telling people she is mentally ill. I doubt she thinks she is ill. I think her attorney realized she was off and initiated the process. I think she has been delusional for many months if not years. There were many ignored red flags. Think about that huge report about Tylee’s custody fight. Examples of bizarre thoughts. Anytime outsiders tried to get too close she would flee-going to Hawaii alone, disappearing for 50+ days, moving to Rexburg, going back to Hawaii when cops wouldn’t quit asking about the kids. I think being in jail for long time really showcased her disordered, unclear thoughts.
My hunch is she is not going to cooperate with treatment.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member