Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO I guess it depends on which staff member who you talk to.
I just mean fundamentalists there have some beliefs similar enough to CD and LVDs impending second coming story, to be susceptable to the Daybells proclaiming themselves the elite of resurrection.

My experience has been that in general, staff at prisons, psychiatric treatment centers, may have the same religious beliefs as inpatient "clients", but, training for staff members keeps discussions with clients to a minimum, aside from the treatment and treatment process. Staff do not "chat" with clients about personal topics, especially religion.

And staff members who deviate from rules, are "counseled" that this may not be the best job fit for them.

My experience has been that in general, staff at prisons, psychiatric treatment centers, may have the same religious beliefs as inpatient "clients", but, training for staff members keeps discussions with clients to a minimum, aside from the treatment and treatment process. Staff do not "chat" with clients about personal topics, especially religion.

And staff members who deviate from rules, are "counseled" that this may not be the best job fit for them.
As long as professionalism holds, I agree.

What happens if the body has been cremated? I know a lot of people (myself included) who didn’t even think about filing the life insurance claim until after the funeral and mourning. Is the claim supposed to be made immediately?

With life insurance, the timelines really are focused on the insurer - once they receive notice of the death, they must pay the beneficiary within "x" number of days. In Canada, both the governing legislation and the contract expressly provide that the insurer can request an autopsy (subject of course to any rules in the jurisdiction where the death occurs). In my opinion, it would be unlikely that an insurer would ever consider denying a claim by a beneficiary in the circumstances you indicate - if there was something nefarious going on though, the insurer may use this inability to support the alleged impropriety or as evidence of prejudice rather than breach of the contract. When a person dies, it is not uncommon for there to be a delay in reporting (so much to be dealt with by the beneficiaries!) - but a hasty cremation or refusal to permit an autopsy may impact a trier of fact if the beneficiary is suspected of causing the death .... as with all insurance claims, the facts are everything!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but is it unusual for a defense attorney to mention ‘historic and systemic abuse’ (paraphrasing) when filing requests this early in the game? Was it a veiled threat for CD? Why give away his strategy before LV has been arraigned?
I realize this is probably low on the MM Abnormal Behavior scale, lol. I have so many questions about that guy. Wouldn’t any normal person have fired him last year?

What happens if the body has been cremated? I know a lot of people (myself included) who didn’t even think about filing the life insurance claim until after the funeral and mourning. Is the claim supposed to be made immediately?

With life insurance, the timelines really are focused on the insurer - once they receive notice of the death, they must pay the beneficiary within "x" number of days. In Canada, both the governing legislation and the contract expressly provide that the insurer can request an autopsy (subject of course to any rules in the jurisdiction where the death occurs). In my opinion, it would be unlikely that an insurer would ever consider denying a claim by a beneficiary in the circumstances you indicate - if there was something nefarious going on though, the insurer may use this inability to support the alleged impropriety or as evidence of prejudice rather than breach of the contract. When a person dies, it is not uncommon for there to be a delay in reporting (so much to be dealt with by the beneficiaries!) - but a hasty cremation or refusal to permit an autopsy may impact a trier of fact if the beneficiary is suspected of causing the death .... as with all insurance claims, the facts are everything!

Thanks for posting this "reminder". For those of us who have been on this thread since early on.......... we have had 100s of posts regarding the "preppers", "end of lifers" etc, from people, like you, who knew some or once were one.... And these groups ARE pretty widespread in the greater Northwest.

And "prepper" can be a misnomer anyway. It is clear to me that the LDS doctrines and practices have encouraged and promoted "preparations" for the future to survive...whatever.

My LDS relatives have months and months of sustenance stored and they practice rotation of food supply. Some close to them have been involved in various MLM businesses selling "programs", specifically to the LDS community.

Doomsday preppers put faith in God and plan for the end of all things

So prepping is not always a BAD thing. There are soooo many articles in MSM about these activities...

And some earlier posters who were so familiar with these cults and practices knew more because their parents were involved in such, decades ago. Some who documented were LDS, but not all.

Of course this is my opinion, but the underlying climate of the "Chad and Lori" lifestyle is not that uncommon, or new.

But I feel strongly from what many have said, that it is not outwardly pervasive or common in the overall Rexburg culture or lifestyle. Others, in the past, on this thread have indicated how Rexburg is such a vibrant University town full of culture.

If anything, I would think that Rexburg is going through growing pains with all the far Western states peoples moving in!!!!!
jmo, imo, just for laughs!!

I personally believe that all trials will be fair there............ because of the children.
In Florida, we “prep” for Hurricanes. It’s not that different from the end-of-the-world planners: water tablets, dried beans, tents, etc.

Local update: MM was at the women’s detention center today
Well, thanks for that must be using that for his new office.. or doing it to charge the state more money..If she isn't there working with him on the case.. then why? Unless he is filing more stupid civil suits.. what has he been doing for the past Year?

And as has been discussed many many times..... NOBODY, regardless of religious or even cultish beliefs, can accept what happened to the Children....

Yeah, being a person who understands prepping, either basic or extreme version, theoretical or firsthand, doesn't automatically make you a person who condones the murder of children. I live in a big city and I understand prepping, because after 9/11 and Hurricane Sandy we all got lectures from our employers about "prepping go bags in case you have to evacuate" and similar. In fact, I think my state even came up with a safety-plan curriculum.

So if for example Chad marked Charles as a zombie in January and monitored his "death percentage" status until the end, but didn't directly participate in his murder, he's off the hook?

I don't really get that.

Chad was the one coming up with all the light/dark/zombie ratings. Maybe he wasn't doing the actual killing but he was turning people into targets.

I don't see that as being any different from what Charles Manson did. Both leaders of dangerous cults.

In Florida, we “prep” for Hurricanes. It’s not that different from the end-of-the-world planners: water tablets, dried beans, tents, etc.

The only prepping (mild) I've ever done was for Covid lockdowns, but my husband's brother is of a serious prepper bent. He's anti-government, paranoid, and has a plan to meet up with other family members when SHTF. Although he isn't religious, there is something different about those who actively plan for a catastrophic societal collapse. They're typically armed to the teeth and ready to re-build a new world.

For some, that type of scenario is appealing. CD and LVD were thinking of a similar scenario--and actively planning for it--but I think most just stock-up and wait.

The only prepping (mild) I've ever done was for Covid lockdowns, but my husband's brother is of a serious prepper bent. He's anti-government, paranoid, and has a plan to meet up with other family members when SHTF. Although he isn't religious, there is something different about those who actively plan for a catastrophic societal collapse. They're typically armed to the teeth and ready to re-build a new world.

For some, that type of scenario is appealing. CD and LVD were thinking of a similar scenario--and actively planning for it--but I think most just stock-up and wait.

Off topic, but there was an episode of Hoarders with a (not mainstream) LDS lady who ‘prepped’ her trailer to the extreme with garbage food that expired, in the belief her son was a sinner and would need the stuff to survive, while she would go to heaven. In the end she complied with the cleanup, but it didn’t change her beliefs.

I don't really get that.

Chad was the one coming up with all the light/dark/zombie ratings. Maybe he wasn't doing the actual killing but he was turning people into targets.

I don't see that as being any different from what Charles Manson did. Both leaders of dangerous cults.
In Manson's case, his conviction was based on days of testimony by one of his followers/accomplices who got immunity from prosecution before police even realized how murderous he was. Charles Manson follower ends her silence 40 years after night of slaughter

IMO, if LV or AC had sought immunity to testify against Chad in the early days, when the children were missing, maybe FBI might have gone for it, just to find the children. But I think it's too late now, LV is going to carry this one. Quite rightly, IMO, she didn't need Chad to tell her her husband was dark.

Just a little O/T. I'm in UK and been waiting for months for ID to show Doomsday: The Missing Children.

Well it's on tonight but on Quest Red 11pm - 2am. Needless to say, Ive set record otherwise I'd fall asleep halfway through I'm sure.

IMO, if LV or AC had sought immunity to testify against Chad in the early days, when the children were missing, maybe FBI might have gone for it, just to find the children. But I think it's too late now, LV is going to carry this one. Quite rightly, IMO, she didn't need Chad to tell her her husband was dark.
SBM, BBM. I don't think she would have got Charles killed without her divine status and the zombie excuse. She believed she had the authority to murder people. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper