Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone besides me was curious, I found nothing in Federal Code (which governs felony extradition) or Idaho law that addresses extradition of an incapacitated person directly. However, anyone fighting extradition has the right to object in which case a court hearing will be held in the state where they’re captured. I assume if a person is incapable of standing trial they’d be equally incapable of presenting a case to fight extradition so they’d remain where they are until they’re competent enough to have their extradition hearing:

Extradition Between States: Law and Process - FindLaw

Within the United States, federal law governs extradition from one state to another. The Extradition Clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article IV Section 2) requires that:

A person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.

In addition to the Constitution, federal law (18 U.S.C § 3182) provides requirements for extradition. Requirements and guidelines can also be found in the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act (UCEA). The UCEA is not mandatory and not all states have adopted it. States that haven't adopted the UCEA have their own extradition laws that comply with the federal statute.

Extradition Between States: Defenses
There aren't many defenses to extradition. As long as the process and procedure found in the U.S. Constitution and federal law have been followed, the fugitive must be surrendered to the demanding state. However, there are a few defenses that have been identified by the Supreme Court, such as:

1. whether the extradition request documents are in order;
  2. whether the person has been charged with a crime in the demanding state;
  3. whether the person named in the extradition request is the person charged with the crime; and
  4. whether the petitioner is, in fact, a fugitive from the requesting state.
If the fugitive's petition or writ for habeas corpus is unsuccessful, the arresting state must hold them for the demanding state. The demanding state then has 30 days to retrieve the fugitive. If they don't, the arresting state may release them.

For anyone interested, here’s Idaho State code on extradition. Nothing applicable that I saw, but IANAL nor did I pore over the entire code:

Chapter 45 – Idaho State Legislature

Last edited:
In case anyone besides me was curious, I found nothing in Federal Code (which governs felony extradition) or Idaho law that addresses extradition of an incapacitated person directly. However, anyone fighting extradition has the right to object in which case a court hearing will be held in the state where they’re captured. I assume if a person is incapable of standing trial they’d be equally incapable of presenting a case to fight extradition so they’d remain where they are until they’re competent enough to have their extradition hearing:

Extradition Between States: Law and Process - FindLaw

Within the United States, federal law governs extradition from one state to another. The Extradition Clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article IV Section 2) requires that:

A person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.

In addition to the Constitution, federal law (18 U.S.C § 3182) provides requirements for extradition. Requirements and guidelines can also be found in the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act (UCEA). The UCEA is not mandatory and not all states have adopted it. States that haven't adopted the UCEA have their own extradition laws that comply with the federal statute.

Extradition Between States: Defenses
There aren't many defenses to extradition. As long as the process and procedure found in the U.S. Constitution and federal law have been followed, the fugitive must be surrendered to the demanding state. However, there are a few defenses that have been identified by the Supreme Court, such as:

1. whether the extradition request documents are in order;
  2. whether the person has been charged with a crime in the demanding state;
  3. whether the person named in the extradition request is the person charged with the crime; and
  4. whether the petitioner is, in fact, a fugitive from the requesting state.
If the fugitive's petition or writ for habeas corpus is unsuccessful, the arresting state must hold them for the demanding state. The demanding state then has 30 days to retrieve the fugitive. If they don't, the arresting state may release them.

For anyone interested, here’s Idaho State code on extradition. Nothing applicable that I saw, but IANAL nor did I pore over the entire code:

Chapter 45 – Idaho State Legislature
This section applies Section 19-4519 – Idaho State Legislature. She has to be tried in Idaho first, before she can be extradited UNLESS the Governor decides otherwise.
TITLE 19
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 45
PROCEEDINGS AGAINST FUGITIVES FROM JUSTICE
19-4519. PERSONS UNDER CRIMINAL PROSECUTION IN THIS STATE AT TIME OF REQUISITION. If a criminal prosecution has been instituted against such person under the laws of this state and is still pending, the governor in his discretion, either may surrender such person on demand of the executive authority of another state or hold him until he has been tried and discharged, or convicted and punished in this state.

Edited to correct and add section.

BREAKING: Lori Vallow is indicted by a grand jury in Maricopa County, charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death of her former husband Charles Vallow. Here is the indictment filed in court, it says Lori Vallow agreed with her brother Alex Cox that at least one of them or another would engage in first degree murder.

BREAKING: Lori Vallow is indicted by a grand jury in Maricopa County, charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death of her former husband Charles Vallow. Here is the indictment filed in court, it says Lori Vallow agreed with her brother Alex Cox that at least one of them or another would engage in first degree murder.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
BREAKING: Lori Vallow is indicted by a grand jury in Maricopa County, charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death of her former husband Charles Vallow.
Here is the indictment filed in court, it says Lori Vallow agreed with her brother Alex Cox that at least one of them or another would engage in first degree murder.

ETA: I see is a repeat as other posters have already posted....... .. but WORTH REPEATING!

Dang, is this worthy of posting on breaking news thread at WS? (yep, I just posted there ***BREAKING NEWS!*** *NO DISCUSSION* . ) I guess most all here are following?

Last edited:
Here are all the charges Lori Vallow is up against:

- Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder (Charles Vallow/Arizona)
- 1st degree murder (JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan/Idaho)
- Conspiracy to commit murder (JV, TR, Tammy Daybell/Idaho)
- Grand theft (Idaho)
#fox10phoenix
32B80CCE-09BB-4635-B897-832F3F6ED30C.jpeg

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1409996600437473282?s=21

Maybe July 1 hearing is for a progress report.

IANAL but the vineline notification lists this as a "status conference" so I assumed that had more to do with the "case" upcoming timeline for the court. I know LVD's competency issues have put a hold on the case but IIRC there are court requirements for status conferences every 90(?) days or so.

ᴊᴜꜱᴛɪɴ ʟᴜᴍ | 林俊豪 @jlumfox10 25m
Maricopa County Attorney @AllisterAdel : “Complex, difficult cases of this nature take time to properly investigate and solve. I appreciate the tremendous number of hours the dedicated officers of the Chandler Police Department have invested…” (CONT’D)

ᴊᴜꜱᴛɪɴ ʟᴜᴍ | 林俊豪 [URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']@jlumfox10 [/URL]24m
Replying to @jlumfox10 (CONT’D)… and my office is equally committed to bringing those responsible for Charles Vallow’s death to justice.” #fox10phoenix

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1409992095406858241

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member