Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly intriguing, if true, about Heather Daybell refusing to comply with/ignoring subpoena and failing to produce communications between herself and Melanie Gibb.
Even curiouser is that Gibb still seems to be ignoring subpoena….which I really would’ve thought at the very least an attorney would’ve responded on her behalf to/with the Court by now (asking for subpoena to be quashed, more time, etc)

what may I be missing? Thx in advance

I forgot about the HD subpoena. (That was a long time ago)

To make sure I understand, both her and MG have been lawfully served, yet neither have done anything? Nothing from the courts? Nothing from a lawyer representing either of them???

Last edited:
The first of the concealment shows June 8th

Yes, I don't know if they accidentally posted that one again and there is a different document related to the sheriff. It's weird, at the end of the other motion for HD it includes a paragraph that the sheriff didn't comply. It makes me wonder if MM filed a motion about him or just accidentally refiled the MG motion.

And it looks like the only complaint for HD is that she didn't include any conversations with MG. But I don't know if she has ever had a conversation with MG, has this been documented anywhere? It seemed like her and her husband disagreed with CD's beliefs before any of this happened and were ostracized by other members of the family. MOO

It blows my mind that either one of them thought that JJ and Tylee could just disappear and there would be no consequences. Lori likely though her goddess-ness would protect her from any investigation. Chad should have known there was a pretty good chance that someone would be looking for the children but he was obviously blinded by hormones and lust and his brain stopped working properly.
IMO their actions were all based on their conviction that a literal apocalypse was due on July 2020. It would be preceded by a series of catastrophes that would put the normal world into chaos, while they led the chosen 144,000 to create an isolated, self sufficient community. Then, most people would die, and Chad and Lori would be acknowledged as the righteous leaders of a new world. Or something along those lines.
Date of Chad Daybell's predicted end of the world has passed

This is the established doctrine of the LDS church, Second Coming in Mormonism - Wikipedia
but the church just sees it as happening at some vague time in the future. Chad and Lori put a date on it and, IMO, believed it would really happen.

Chad's books were all about this, he was writing about it, and Lori was obsessed with it, for years before they got together.

I really don't think these crimes can be understood without reference to these deep convictions, even though they seem deeply deluded by outsiders.

Yes, I don't know if they accidentally posted that one again and there is a different document related to the sheriff. It's weird, at the end of the other motion for HD it includes a paragraph that the sheriff didn't comply. It makes me wonder if MM filed a motion about him or just accidentally refiled the MG motion.

And it looks like the only complaint for HD is that she didn't include any conversations with MG. But I don't know if she has ever had a conversation with MG, has this been documented anywhere? It seemed like her and her husband disagreed with CD's beliefs before any of this happened and were ostracized by other members of the family. MOO
It would be useful if MM would write in sentences that actually make sense. If his garbled sentences happened once or twice one could make an excuse for it, but it's a feature of every document he writes, almost as if he has a problem with structuring his thoughts or using language. MOO

It looks like the idea that HD and MG communicated originated with LV and CD, here's Hidden True Crime's summary and they include the recorded phone conversation between MG and CD/LV where MG state she does not know who CD's SIL is and has never spoken with her (MOO):

(119) WHO IS HEATHER DAYBELL- Chad Daybell's sister-in-law - YouTube

It would be useful if MM would write in sentences that actually make sense. If his garbled sentences happened once or twice one could make an excuse for it, but it's a feature of every document he writes, almost as if he has a problem with structuring his thoughts or using language. MOO

I'm gonna have to be able to sit down and decode some of today's stuff with my level 4.5 decoder ring. Hopefully, everyone keeps discussing it instead. I just can't. JMO

Gibb ignoring her subpoena - even when we first heard about her trying to leave the papers at her hotel room (I guess to say she was never actually served them) was really intriguing. For her own sake I had hoped she’s at least had a lawyer for awhile now, at the very least to try and prepare for things like this (getting subpoenas for this case).
Not that we can get inside her head….but could she really think if she ignored/ignores them that it will go away? That if she does not even reply - forget for a moment actually providing some or all of the requested documents - that she won’t be called to testify at trial? Or that the State would somehow help her?

I had thought we would’ve at least seen some attorney replying on her behalf to the Court asking for more time, explaining some of the records cannot be provided because of ______ (insert myriad of legal reasons here), just something. I didn’t expect another filing from Defense explaining she still hasn’t communicated….can’t be good for her.

I’m just so intrigued. I can’t fully understand the amount of stress one may face in such a situation but she never struck me as someone who’d be willingly defiant of laws/the Court (especially knowing of possible consequences and/or seeing people you were once close with facing serious consequences) does that make sense?

Curious what others may think on this, JMOO but I have to wonder what she’s thinking by not replying (and I believe she isn’t, the Defense may have filed baseless Motions before but if she has replied & could turn around and say “I replied on ____ this date, here’s documentation to show that” would certainly make the Defense look even worse in the eyes of the Court

FWIW, I can guarantee that when they are drafting documents, attorneys in general re-use boilerplate all the time, and just plug in new details/names as the situation requires. No one wants to be re-drafting some standard paragraph on, for example, force majeure or acts-of-God eleventy billion times, if the underlying laws haven't changed. Mistakes like this can happen easily...though one generally hopes they don't make it into the filed documents and are caught on proofreading, lol.

I thought MG had a few options about how to respond to MM's subpoena. One option was to completely ignore it, and that was legal. I could be wrong, so feel free to correct. I thought I saw this on a SR youtube video. If I could legally ignore anything from MM, you better believe I would. Lori must be throwing fits about Melanie to MM every single day. Lori probably wishes that she could have dealt with MG's "darkness" before she was hauled off to jail.

I do believe that MG is more than ready to testify against Chad and Lori. Dealing with MM..not so much.

IMO their actions were all based on their conviction that a literal apocalypse was due on July 2020. It would be preceded by a series of catastrophes that would put the normal world into chaos, while they led the chosen 144,000 to create an isolated, self sufficient community. Then, most people would die, and Chad and Lori would be acknowledged as the righteous leaders of a new world. Or something along those lines.
Date of Chad Daybell's predicted end of the world has passed

This is the established doctrine of the LDS church, Second Coming in Mormonism - Wikipedia
but the church just sees it as happening at some vague time in the future. Chad and Lori put a date on it and, IMO, believed it would really happen.

Chad's books were all about this, he was writing about it, and Lori was obsessed with it, for years before they got together.

I really don't think these crimes can be understood without reference to these deep convictions, even though they seem deeply deluded by outsiders.

I think could be true--at least from Lori's perspective. She'd made the comment before that she didn't want her children to suffer but that she wanted them to be in the light or something along those lines.

I think Lori's recent mental instability is a result of realizing CD lied to her from the beginning--and that all the deaths of what she thought were possessed people were all really murders of innocents, including her children.

But, I don't think Chad was that deluded. He created the stories, he told the tall tales, he rated people by lightness or darkness, and then ordered their deaths based on that. He's in a whole different level of evil.

He likely had a standby tale ready when the apocalypse didn't occur but now, he can't convince Lori or anyone else of his ability to tell the future.

Melanie Gibb seemed to be among the first who turned away when she suspected things were even darker than imagined. But, she was in it up to hear ears before that. Zulema and Melaniece were also in deep.

This story just gets crazier every time we find out more!

I think failure to comply with defense subpeonas is not that unusual, especially when the person/ organization has already supplied everything relevant to the police, which will therefore be available to the defense in discovery. And in these cases, possibly also be available for cross examination by the defense.

I don't recall the details, but there was someone who refused to respond to subpeonas in Charles Merritt's defense for the McStay murders, to the point of being charged with contempt of court.

But it was clear the defense would try to twist the information/ evidence to try to pin the murders on that person, so it really was a circumstance where you were entitled not to play a desperate game that only enables the defense to try to incriminate you.

I expect ignoring the subpeonas is very much with the advice of lawyers.

JMO

I think he's one of those annoying types who thinks that if the language is complex and convoluted, that means it's "more formal" and "sounds more legal." I used to teach English and I hated having the prelaw students in my class...argh.

I'm gonna have to be able to sit down and decode some of today's stuff with my level 4.5 decoder ring. Hopefully, everyone keeps discussing it instead. I just can't. JMO
My decoder ring is version B$-9m7, and with it's help I was able to decipher the following:

Murder case LVD:
1) Reservation of Rights and Defenses. MM states that he is reserving rights to defenses under ICR 12b. ICR12b is actually about pre-trial motions, so I am not sure what effect this type of memorandum has in a court of law when the ICR doesn't apply to the content of the document submitted by MM.
I.C.R. 12. Pleadings and Motions Before Trial - Form of Pleadings - Defenses and Objections. | Supreme Court
The content of this filing is actually taken from IRCP 12, which does not apply in criminal cases.
I.R.C.P. 12. Defenses and Objections: When and How Presented; Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings; Consolidating Motions; Waiving Defenses; Hearings Before Trial | Supreme Court
2. Specific Request for Discovery. Everything that is being requested here should be in the Discovery that the State is planning to provide mid-July. In my opinion, this is a frivolous and harassing request since the State has already replied to the initial Request for Discovery.
3. Motion to Transfer Trial. I guess MM is proceeding forth as if a trial has already been scheduled? SMH

Concealment case LVD:
1. Contempt Motion for MG. This is a duplicate of the filing made earlier in June. I think MM re-submitted it with the intent of it being an attachment to the Contempt Motion for HD even though he does not reference it as "attached" in the HD one.
2. Contempt Motion for HD. The reason this thing is so long is because he attaches the copy of the original subpoena and then also a second copy of the subpoena with the certificate of service. The number of misspellings, grammatical mistakes, word salad, repetitive requests, and unnecessary uncompleted forms are too many for me to list. I will, however, point out my favorite error. Page 11 of the PDF is the certificate of service and LVD's first name is stated as "KORI".

I am still waiting to find out how/why any of these filings are allowable while the cases are currently "stayed". Especially curious as it applies to the murder case where there hasn't even been an initial hearing or arraignment/plea hearing.

Since I used my B$-9m7 model decoder ring for this post, it should go without saying that all of the above is my opinion.

ETA: Italicized comment on number 1 above

Last edited:
Local update: MM is at the women’s detention center today

Since MM is at the women’s detention center again and again, IMO LV is there. I do wonder if LV was either being treated at the detention center or if she was sent to a treatment facility, it was for a short time, and she was sent back after tests were done. This could be because of limited space in the treatment facility, she was faking and the doctors caught it, her mental issues were not as severe as LV led people to believe and or Covid played a factor….or any combination of the above. I do not know if the latest Covid Variant has hit the Idaho area bad as it has some other places. The administration may be playing it safe with inmates.

Thank you Sleuth Dog for checking got us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020