Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is just one huge MOO..........I am hoping an attorney or someone with familiar knowledge can answer this for me, but isn't MM spending way too much time on one client? When would a defense attorney need to spend all day, everyday with just the one client? Especially when they are not even close to going to trial on anything. It is just my opinion but I have a feeling MM fell under his clients spell if you will.

I too have had 3 questions that haven’t been answered so I’ll jump in with you

All assuming MM is visiting LV

If she’s not deemed competent and is unable to assist in her case, what could he be doing there for that long when he’s stated the facility creates limitations given certain restrictions. Also, is there a point where billable hours are questioned or considered excessive?

When MM listed the charges last week, SR stated that those rates are his private rates and now that he’s being paid by the state, they’ll be substantially lower. Is there a ballpark number of what that would be? Why would he file that’s what it costing if that’s not accurate? Is he aware he’ll be paid differently? I’d be even more interested if I was an Idaho resident and those were my tax dollars

Lastly, The state has essentially infinite money and resources. SR always says they'll find the money. Would this mean that the MM would be afforded those same luxuries? It's been stated (Even by the defense) how expensive hiring experts, independent studies, etc...Would this give the defense the ability to spend however they want? Or do they have to make requests to the court for each item.

Last edited:
ᴊᴜꜱᴛɪɴ ʟᴜᴍ | 林俊豪
@jlumfox10

·
2m

BREAKING: Maricopa County Attorney’s Office has reviewed conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder charge submitted against Chad Daybell in the death of Charles Vallow. An attorney decided to decline prosecution due to “no reasonable likelihood of conviction.” #fox10phoenix

June 29 is the date the grand jury indicted LVD for CV's murder. Since the letter from the Maricopa County Attorney's Office CD is dated that same day, does this mean that a grand jury indicted both LVD and CD for the murder of CV, but the prosecutor declined to prosecute CD only on the basis of inadequate evidence to convict him?

ETA: Also, if the prosecutor declines prosecution on a murder charge, could CD be charged in AZ on a "Conspiracy to Commit Murder" charge?

Last edited:
June 29 is the date the grand jury indicted LVD for CV's murder. Since the letter from the Maricopa County Attorney's Office CD is dated that same day, does this mean that a grand jury indicted both LVD and CD for the murder of CV, but the prosecutor declined to prosecute CD only on the basis of inadequate evidence to convict him?

ETA: Also, if the prosecutor declines prosecution on a murder charge, could CD be charged on a "Conspiracy to Commit Murder" charge?

Prosecutors in Maricopa County will not prosecute Chad Daybell in connection with the death of Charles Vallow.
In a letter from Maricopa County Attorney Allister Adel to the Chandler Police Department obtained by East Idaho News, prosecutors listed "no reasonable likelihood of conviction" in charges of conspiracy to commit murder in the First Degree.
https://www.kivitv.com/news/chad-da...rged-in-connection-to-death-of-charles-vallow

My goodness, how many hours a day does MM need to spend at the detention facility? We have speculated that maybe he has other clients there. I have pondered this. If MM has to visit clients every single day at the detention facility, what kind of clients does he have that they are not bonded out (either with money or on own recognizance)? Are there that many clients in Rexburg that get jailed while awaiting trials??

I feel like we can pretty safely assume that MM is at the detention facility each time to visit LVD.

As others have asked, how much time and money is he permitted to rack up as a public defender? Does anyone monitor this?

I think if I was the prosecutor, I'd move Chad's trial out of Rexburg.

The demographics say that fully 97% of Rexburg is Mormon, and we know a lot of the "prepper" types were moving there--following the so-called prophets like Chad.

I'm not sure an unbiased jury would be easy to find in that community. And, my fear is that one or more of the Church of the Firstborn followers would make their way on the jury, which would either make for a hung jury or for an acquittal.

That's my fear and my opinion ONLY!

But, Lori doesn't have the deep roots there that Chad has--they might not be so open to her. They may think she corrupted poor Chad.

It really all depends on how many of the jury pool are open to the things Chad taught. A normal Mormon is not going to defend either, but I fear a substantial percentage of the cult-type live in and around that area.
JMOO
JMOO

BBM:
"and we know a lot of the "prepper" types were moving there-following the so-called prophets like Chad"
We do? How do we know that? Link? I live here and this is news to me. I have to say that I think you're wrong about "a substantial percentage of the cult-type live in and around that area". A substantial percentage of people in this area are revolted by Chad and Lori's actions and want to see them fry. MOO.

Is there anything attached or just the notation? Would that be the treatment plan? Intake testing results? I obviously have no clue. :)

Attachments are only available on the "Cases of Interest" page, and only if we are privy to them, and now apparently updated only once a week. This is on what Idaho calls the "Online records and payments" page, which it really isn't. It's more of a docket page that lists motions and orders with no attachments.

BBM:
"and we know a lot of the "prepper" types were moving there-following the so-called prophets like Chad"
We do? How do we know that? Link? I live here and this is news to me. I have to say that I think you're wrong about "a substantial percentage of the cult-type live in and around that area". A substantial percentage of people in this area are revolted by Chad and Lori's actions and want to see them fry. MOO.
I have more than a passing familiarity with the "prepper" types that are being discussed, and where and how Chad and the authors he helped get published got their start. It may surprise you just how pervasive this presence is throughout the Intermountain West and beyond. And how long it's been growing. But this isn't about my personal experiences with said groups. In answer to your question, and as an example in regards to this case specifically, even Sheriff Humphries was unaware of this presence in his area and was genuinely surprised to learn just how big of a movement it is. See 4:50-6:15 of this interview and note that he says Chad "did have a significant following" in the area:

When pushed for details on how big of a following Chad may have had the sheriff took a wild guess and said "more than 10." I'm going to go out on a limb and say he was greatly underestimating (whether intentionally or not) that number.

Now, to be sure, a lot of people have distanced themselves from Chad since this whole ordeal, but believe it or not they're still out there and a lot of them still believe in the crazy stuff Chad and others were preaching. Chad wasn't the first one to start believing that stuff and he wasn't the first to up and move to the area. He up and moved to the area because the "prepper" movement that he was a part of was already well established there and in the surrounding areas. And if you remember from the court proceedings he tried convincing others including MG and DW to buy some property and move into the area. It surely didn't take much to convince LV, AC, and MP to move there either.

Now would I believe there's enough of them around to potentially cause some problems for jury selection? I couldn't answer that, but I would hope not. Then again they very well may be just as upset that Chad's actions are a black mark on their prepper movement. Who knows?

All MOO.

I have more than a passing familiarity with the "prepper" types that are being discussed, and where and how Chad and the authors he helped get published got their start. It may surprise you just how pervasive this presence is throughout the Intermountain West and beyond. And how long it's been growing. But this isn't about my personal experiences with said groups. In answer to your question, and as an example in regards to this case specifically, even Sheriff Humphries was unaware of this presence in his area and was genuinely surprised to learn just how big of a movement it is. See 4:50-6:15 of this interview and note that he says Chad "did have a significant following" in the area:

When pushed for details on how big of a following Chad may have had the sheriff took a wild guess and said "more than 10." I'm going to go out on a limb and say he was greatly underestimating (whether intentionally or not) that number.

Now, to be sure, a lot of people have distanced themselves from Chad since this whole ordeal, but believe it or not they're still out there and a lot of them still believe in the crazy stuff Chad and others were preaching. Chad wasn't the first one to start believing that stuff and he wasn't the first to up and move to the area. He up and moved to the area because the "prepper" movement that he was a part of was already well established there and in the surrounding areas. And if you remember from the court proceedings he tried convincing others including MG and DW to buy some property and move into the area. It surely didn't take much to convince LV, AC, and MP to move there either.

Now would I believe there's enough of them around to potentially cause some problems for jury selection? I couldn't answer that, but I would hope not. Then again they very well may be just as upset that Chad's actions are a black mark on their prepper movement. Who knows?

All MOO.
So agree. Thats why LVD and CD are a real escape risks at the jail and mental facility, there are possibly PAPs or PAP susceptable people on staff.

Idaho Welcone centers are staffed with people who will cheerfully tell you the earth is 4000 years old and fossils are placed by you know who downstairs.

Amazon's policy must be "innocent until proven guilty". I believe a court order is required that states a person can not benefit from his crimes. Since CD hasn't yet been convicted of a crime, it seems he can still sell his books. Just me guessing.

I bet you're right.

I also wonder if he'll still be able to keep the proceeds from his books after he's convicted--assuming, of course, that he is convicted. I know there are laws that say a criminal can't financially profit from telling the story of his crimes, but CD's books preceded that event. I think. It'll be interesting to see what happens there.

All MOO.

Thanks for that in-depth assessment. It's really enlightening.

This post is just one huge MOO..........I am hoping an attorney or someone with familiar knowledge can answer this for me, but isn't MM spending way too much time on one client? When would a defense attorney need to spend all day, everyday with just the one client? Especially when they are not even close to going to trial on anything. It is just my opinion but I have a feeling MM fell under his clients spell if you will.
We really have no way of knowing how many clients he has at the detention center. You would hope an attorney has more than one. But he spends a lot of time filing frivolous court papers. IMO. but it does look as though he is there every day with her.
And who knows? The State may be paying him big bucks for his representation. So that means money for every hour billed. :confused:

Update to the iCourt Portal for LVD's Concealment case:

07/07/2021 Disposition for Behavioral Health Facility

Interesting....
Hmm...would love to know more about this. She may be crazy as a loon. But she knows right from wrong, just as any psychopath does. The smile on her face after Charles murder told me all I need to know.

Is there anything attached or just the notation? Would that be the treatment plan? Intake testing results? I obviously have no clue. :)

A treatment plan when being discharged. So maybe they *are* treating her at the women's facility (based on MM's whereabouts).

I suspect this might be why there was (or was not) a status hearing on 7/1.

We really have no way of knowing how many clients he has at the detention center. You would hope an attorney has more than one. But he spends a lot of time filing frivolous court papers. IMO. but it does look as though he is there every day with her.
And who knows? The State may be paying him big bucks for his representation. So that means money for every hour billed. :confused:

He does have other clients, and based upon publicly accessible information, Lori is not his only currently active case with a female defendant who is in custody awaiting trial. I know there are a lot of qualifiers in that statement, but as far as I can tell he has at least one other client in the same Detention Center, just like he has several other clients in other jails in various counties in the state. I didn’t realize how expansive areas out there may feel until I saw just how far his office, the Detention Center she is in, the other Counties he has active cases in, very spread out from one another.

I’m sorry but I strongly disagree. That may be what the demographic says but there’s a lot of people who aren’t members here and a lot of people who I know that just stopped attending church because the views don’t align with what they believe anymore. Not to mention the population is continually growing here and there are just some people who don’t really follow the news. I think that it’s completely possible to find a jury that would be unbiased.

All jmo moo imo

And as has been discussed many many times..... NOBODY, regardless of religious or even cultish beliefs, can accept what happened to the Children....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member