Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience, the insurance payout is very fast once they get the final death certificate. They know people are often struggling to pay bills. What can take some time is getting the final death certificate. Since there was no autopsy originally, the death certificate may have been issued pretty quickly. It might have been held up if authorities started investigating soon enough after her death.
If getting life insurance money is this fast, maybe insurance companies need to look into a different way of doing this—like maybe small payouts at first but also making sure funeral expenses are covered to help while there is some kind of waiting period for the big payout. This might prevent some future homicides.

If getting life insurance money is this fast, maybe insurance companies need to look into a different way of doing this—like maybe small payouts at first but also making sure funeral expenses are covered to help while there is some kind of waiting period for the big payout. This might prevent some future homicides.

JMO but in the grand scheme of things the large majority of deaths are known as not suspicious or suspicious right away.

Theres really no need to do a complete industry overhaul because it would be a nightmare. You'd practically have to change the definition of life insurance in order to squeak out multiple payments. Your average person doesn't carry millions on their policies.

Again JMO as a former insurance agent.

Egads, all the folks that are coming out of the woodwork to promote their products due to association with Chad. $$$$ View my film shorts, view my youtube.

I totally agree with LE knowing a lot at this point. They have so many capabilities.

I disagree with him working with LE, but that’s MOO. I think he’s from the generation of “likes” and “followers” and honestly, that’s what this feels like to me.

Dunno, as what he is doing is what we have seen in cases that the FBI says to talk to them, to let them know you are thinking of them etc and to humanize for the person that has them. Yeah, I know they may be deceased, but his talking to them and talking about them is what I've seen before...so I'm still hoping IYKWIM.

I get it that he might have been taken by Lori's attention, but he had the choice of drawing the line at criminal behavior (if there was any). Chad is no victim in my eyes. Didn't he have visions of his wife dying even before meeting Lori?

Oh, I agree. The choice was his to make. And I think that she was the catalyst to bad behavior that was only lurking below the surface. I think they both exhibited narcissist characteristics and they fed off each other. Imagine, thinking of yourself as a chosen one and having that view reinforced by throngs of internet followers only to be in real life a author of limited success and a mere secretary in a bishopric.

I'm torn on this one.

On the one hand, if they don't know how they left or what vehicles they might be using, I don't see how that would or should preclude asking people to look for people who look like this. Sure, odds of that being fruitful are lower (maybe a lot lower) than if car descriptions and plate number were included, but doing something is still better than doing nothing.

But I also wonder if they're more or less sure that this won't bear fruit, but it is sending a message to Chad and Lori and possibly others who are helping them. It might also be helping keep them from moving from place to place, or at least more cautious doing so. While I hadn't gotten this vibe previously, the press release last night felt like it was aimed specifically at anyone who might be helping or covering for Chad and Lori, making sure they realize that things aren't as they might have been told.

Moo, lots of moo.
BBM. That was the purpose. LE needs one link in the chain to come forward - ideally the one who knows where the children are. But any will do so they can learn what specifically Lori and/or Chad told them so that can be refuted publicly as well to get to another link in the chain.

Curious how much the sale of his books have increased through all of this and, if so, if he has access to that money.

An interesting question. The answer is probably not an increase in sales. Access to the money is questionable.

There are different ways paper books and ebooks might be sold.

1) Paper books in book stores. Those in the stores are sold already, only reorders would send more money Chad's way. I wondered if anyone was running the publishing company now to fill any orders that did come in. (Tammy and Chad appeared to run things there. Maybe someone else is able and is filling in, but I wouldn't depend on it.) It is also possible they have a distribution company that is handling this for them in which case this would be continuing as normal, but how the money would get to him is a question.

2) Books sold from the publisher website. I'm not sure if the website had a storefront or not. I'd looked at the site the other day and say all the books listed, but didn't dig that deep. So I went back just now and the site is down, giving an error. That feels like someone was able to do something and chose to take the site down for some reason. No doubt this reason has to do with what is going on, whether an inability to fill orders or a desire to limit information or fill in the blank however you want. (This last part, MOO.)

3) Books sold from other internet sites, specifically Amazon, but the potential is there for lower volume from others. This could be paper books and it could be ebooks. Paper books it depends on how they get printed. It's possible they do what is called "print on demand" in which case there wouldn't be a limit to the number. Or it could be limited to just those in stock and function the same as paper books in #1. Ebooks, however, will keep selling. Amazon sends money every month for the sales period from 2 or 3 months ago, so it there was to be a spike the money would lag behind. This is setup to deposit in a specified bank account. Potentially that account could be changed to another one and if law enforcement wasn't keeping a watch on it they could get some money this way.

How much money they might get from sales at Amazon is a good question. I'm going to say not much. I checked the sales ranks on a few random ebooks and the best I saw was 400,000. IIRC that kind of a ranking indicates a copy or two has been sold in the last several weeks, but they aren't flying off the shelves. Even with all of Chad's books selling a few copies, he's not seeing enough from these to live on, IMO. Keep in mind, this is just from Amazon which is where a lot of authors make their living. However, Chad's market is such that he could be making a living from a couple LDS focused chains with his volume of sales through other sources being insignificant. It's possible he's seen a spike in sales at Desert Book, for example, but Amazon hasn't spiked.

BBM. That was the purpose. LE needs one link in the chain to come forward - ideally the one who knows where the children are. But any will do so they can learn what specifically Lori and/or Chad told them so that can be refuted publicly as well to get to another link in the chain.

BBM?

An interesting question. The answer is probably not an increase in sales. Access to the money is questionable.

There are different ways paper books and ebooks might be sold.

1) Paper books in book stores. Those in the stores are sold already, only reorders would send more money Chad's way. I wondered if anyone was running the publishing company now to fill any orders that did come in. (Tammy and Chad appeared to run things there. Maybe someone else is able and is filling in, but I wouldn't depend on it.) It is also possible they have a distribution company that is handling this for them in which case this would be continuing as normal, but how the money would get to him is a question.

2) Books sold from the publisher website. I'm not sure if the website had a storefront or not. I'd looked at the site the other day and say all the books listed, but didn't dig that deep. So I went back just now and the site is down, giving an error. That feels like someone was able to do something and chose to take the site down for some reason. No doubt this reason has to do with what is going on, whether an inability to fill orders or a desire to limit information or fill in the blank however you want. (This last part, MOO.)

3) Books sold from other internet sites, specifically Amazon, but the potential is there for lower volume from others. This could be paper books and it could be ebooks. Paper books it depends on how they get printed. It's possible they do what is called "print on demand" in which case there wouldn't be a limit to the number. Or it could be limited to just those in stock and function the same as paper books in #1. Ebooks, however, will keep selling. Amazon sends money every month for the sales period from 2 or 3 months ago, so it there was to be a spike the money would lag behind. This is setup to deposit in a specified bank account. Potentially that account could be changed to another one and if law enforcement wasn't keeping a watch on it they could get some money this way.

How much money they might get from sales at Amazon is a good question. I'm going to say not much. I checked the sales ranks on a few random ebooks and the best I saw was 400,000. IIRC that kind of a ranking indicates a copy or two has been sold in the last several weeks, but they aren't flying off the shelves. Even with all of Chad's books selling a few copies, he's not seeing enough from these to live on, IMO. Keep in mind, this is just from Amazon which is where a lot of authors make their living. However, Chad's market is such that he could be making a living from a couple LDS focused chains with his volume of sales through other sources being insignificant. It's possible he's seen a spike in sales at Desert Book, for example, but Amazon hasn't spiked.
I wonder if the book sales of Chad were hurt or helped by his possible excommunication from LDS church?

On the Julie Rowe podcast the other day, one of her rants seemed to be along the lines of how her being ex-ed from the LDS church impacted her financially.

Even though its denied, I do wonder if mainstream LDS folks do shun those that are ex-ed? Its odd though because Julie Rowe mentions that her son is off doing missionary work and Chad also has a son I believe who is off doing missionary work. So, the family members of these people that are ex-ed still seem to participate in temple communities so far as it seems.

Do any LDS folks following along understand this process of being ex-ed and how it impacts family members?

I wonder if the book sales of Chad were hurt or helped by his possible excommunication from LDS church?

On the Julie Rowe podcast the other day, one of her rants seemed to be along the lines of how her being ex-ed from the LDS church impacted her financially.

Even though its denied, I do wonder if mainstream LDS folks do shun those that are ex-ed? Its odd though because Julie Rowe mentions that her son is off doing missionary work and Chad also has a son I believe who is off doing missionary work. So, the family members of these people that are ex-ed still seem to participate in temple communities so far as it seems.

Do any LDS folks following along understand this process of being ex-ed and how it impacts family members?

Interesting. e.g. Scientologists shun family also IIRC only if ex's are in contact with the family. Wonder is this is the same with LDS.

I'm not Mormon, but I want to give an opinion on the BBM part. It's my opinion it can put serious strain on marriages. If you've been married in the temple, you're pretty much "sealed" for eternity according to their beliefs. You get ex communicated and now there goes your eternal marriage. That's got to be stressful. JMO.

I dont think Julie or Chad (if he was exed) would have the same experience as a "regular" person who was exed, they were already publicly known for having off the wall ideas. So people in their families wards would already have formed an opinion over the years, it wouldn't be a shock or anything.
I voluntary exed myself 22 years ago, and it didn't affect my family in any way as far as their temple worthiness or ability to participate in church callings. Moo.
ETA: I of course was not attending or participating, so no "shunning" would have even been possible, but as far as I know no one shunned my family, in fact they recieved sympathy/support.

This is a complicated and far from straightforward situation. I'm talking from the standpoint of ex-Mormon, but not being excommunicated, but living in UT and ID most of my life with lots of family and friends who are Mormon. Since very much MOO, hopefully you'll get answers from people coming at this from a different place to compare. :)

While I'm sure the church would say they don't encourage cutting off family who have been exed I think it happens from some people in some families. I suspect some of those who do this do it because they don't want the exed family member making them look bad to their neighbors. (I suspect things are much different in regards to all of this if you're outside of the area where Mormons are the dominate religion.)

I suspect there are also situations where people feel like they're being shunned when it is really that they aren't participating in the church activities they were before which was a large part of their interaction with some people, plus it makes them less visible so those people don't think of doing things with them as much.

I'll also point out that if someone is exec there is no public announcement unless it comes from you. There are signs (if you attend church services) that people may pick up on, but otherwise they don't know. So if they don't know, how do they know to shun you?

For an Author who writes to a mostly LDS audience, being excommunicated will definitely hurt their sales, not because we (I'm LDS) shun them, but because it makes members worry about the content, that it's suspect and not something they should then be reading, and that's just a natural consequence. Who wants to give a friend a book written by someone who was excommunicated from the church? The books Chad wrote and those he published are on the fringe, they appeal to a small sub set of LDS, but those people will buy books, they will attend lectures and listen to podcasts, so being excommunicated will definitely impact sales and profitability. I was told we aren't able to talk about this person directly, but the truth is, Chad's relationship with his most famous author is what put his business on the map, made it successful and brought him into contact with other like minded people who are into prepping, having 'safe refuge' properties, stocked with supplies, and who could be helpful in hiding someone who didn't want to be found. I hope my comments are general enough that I haven't broken any rules. MOO>

Interesting. e.g. Scientologists shun family also IIRC only if ex's are in contact with the family. Wonder is this is the same with LDS.

No, family support is crucial, because the person may repent and come back. That being said, often the subject actually breaks contact with the family, because they are so different.

I was told we aren't able to talk about this person directly, but the truth is, Chad's relationship with his most famous author is what put his business on the map, made it successful and brought him into contact with other like minded people who are into prepping, having 'safe refuge' properties, stocked with supplies, and who could be helpful in hiding someone who didn't want to be found.

And his best selling author's relationship with the Mormon church had to have hurt sales volume. If he was making enough to live on from publishing the drop in sales from that might have made it no longer possible to get by without income from elsewhere.

No, family support is crucial, because the person may repent and come back. That being said, often the subject actually breaks contact with the family, because they are so different.

An excellent point that I meant to make and didn't. Over time any shunning is likely to be more a factor of growing apart due to different approaches to life, not actual shunning, but maybe the perception of such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho