Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone find it strange that the Cox family has not offered a reward.
Not me. Her family, at least certain members, know where the kids are and in no way will provide any information helpful in locating them. If anything, they will provide misinformation and disinformation in order to keep things just as they are. I think that if it turns out that Alex's death is a homicide that might move things in another direction.

I hope to God that Lori's son is being genuine and not just putting videos out for "clout". His first videos didn't get much more than 300 views, and his videos about this case have 4000, almost 2000 and 3000 views. I am NOT saying or implying that he is lying or anything like that. It's just a thought. I do feel bad for him, he has a little baby girl. He must have his hands full and this situation with Tylee and JJ must be messing with him a loooooooot.

I don't imagine he is lying, he doesn't seem like his statement was rehearsed or that he even really knows what to say. I think he maybe feels some guilt at not taking action sooner, or turning his mom in earlier, after CV's homicide. Maybe CR was dependent on the money his mom gave him (from Charles' accounts) and that had him ignoring the crazy stuff, or maybe he was afraid. I wish Colby had talked more about his uncle Alex - obviously he grew up with these people - is there no grief? I wish he had "informed" Lori that her beloved brother had died.

Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread but this new info stands out. Curious to know whether this 3rd family member ( Melani? It says sister) left at the same time as Lori and Alex or remained living in the townhome next door. Also, if LE obtained search warrants for all 3 homes, they must have had more info than I assumed they did at the time.

"They just asked us to leave. They called me and said, 'Hey, we're going to be raiding their house here in ten minutes, would you get your family out because we don't want anything to happen,'" Bernard said.

Vallow and Cox were gone by the time the FBI searched the home. Bernard said the FBI searched Vallow's home, Cox's home and the home next to Vallow, who had a family connection as well.

"(Vallow's) sister moved in there, so that's why they raided her place," Bernard said.

Bernard hasn't seen the sister recently and isn't sure if she's still living there.

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8
To all local reporters.... would you consider showing these witnesses pictures so that we can verify who they might be talking about? Sister is who? Could it be Tylee it is it Melani? If Melani, was Ian ever spotted? Sure would help to know if they were just told it was a sister and brother but it was someone else. I mean sister could have been Julie Rowe for all we know.

How nice of them to give him warning is one thought. And two, why did they need help moving in? Seems like she had Alex. I guess just being nice.

Last edited:
Number 3 is interesting to me as I expected that because of the last name. But what happened there?
Twitter linked here-
Trail to the Twitter, website domain registration of velocitycx led to LinkedIn where Twitter was linked. Last like on Twitter 2017, last tweet 8/1/2017.

ETA: I meant to say why Twitter interesting... he only referenced one 10 year old child.
If he started twitter in 2012, that would make sense. He'd be referring to Tylee. I haven't read so far, that he ever got married again.

Not me. Her family, at least certain members, know where the kids are and in no way will provide any information helpful in locating them. If anything, they will provide misinformation and disinformation in order to keep things just as they are. I think that if it turns out that Alex's death is a homicide that might move things in another direction.
Good point. I hope LE is questioning the family members including CR.

I don't imagine he is lying, he doesn't seem like his statement was rehearsed or that he even really knows what to say. I think he maybe feels some guilt at not taking action sooner, or turning his mom in earlier, after CV's homicide. Maybe CR was dependent on the money his mom gave him (from Charles' accounts) and that had him ignoring the crazy stuff, or maybe he was afraid. I wish Colby had talked more about his uncle Alex - obviously he grew up with these people - is there no grief? I wish he had "informed" Lori that her beloved brother had died.
I totally agree. Why not mention that? Does he know that his mom already knows that? I’m trying hard to understand or put myself in his position but it is hard for me to interpret a person who is an obvious lover of the camera or a wannabe vlogger. I tend to be suspicious and can be negative. I also don’t want to start a debate about this. I am just not a huge fan of his. He’s not sleuthable on this forum but I have noticed him from day 1.

Is there any chance the grandmother becomes “sleuthable” because of this article? One of my statements from day one has been that it sure is interesting who speaks out about these missing kids and who doesn’t. Or I’ll go one step further it sure is interesting who speaks out about a death, Alex‘s death, and who doesn’t. Did he have a funeral or memorial service? Did anyone attend? Did anyone ever see an obituary?

By all accounts Laurie grew up having money and always desired to have money. You would think that her family would have the means behind it to be out in front asking her to do the right thing and offering a reward for their beloved niece, nephew, grandson and granddaughter. Frankly I’m not impressed. I would think a PR person would suggest doing that to salvage your own reputation and business as well. I wonder if she grew up LDS?

If he started twitter in 2012, that would make sense. He'd be referring to Tylee. I haven't read so far, that he ever got married again.
Yes, I agree, just thought he might’ve changed his headline. He wasn’t very active on Twitter anyway. I feel sad that he appears to have no family or anyone to have given him a proper obituary.

Do you think the reward money would motivate anyone in LV's family (siblings or their partners, or parents) to provide info to LE?

I would imagine his widow of two weeks would have done that, or his niece who got married at the same time. Have they had his funeral yet?

I live in Jackson County, Missouri, and there are at least two public-knowledge underground “bunker” locations in the region where people could hide and not be found.
  • SubTropolis (SubTropolis - Wikipedia) is a 55,000,000-square-foot, 1,100-acre artificial cave that is claimed to be the world's largest underground storage facility. I have been in the facility, and it is massive. There is no cell phone signal inside the system. That being said, the facility is marketed for business operations (rather than individuals), is likely not cheap to rent out, and would likely require the renter to raise their own structures in their rented space from scratch.

• A location much further away in Kansas is Survival Condo (Survival Condo). It is built out of a retired missile silo and is marketed specifically to Doomsday preppers. It accommodates roughly a dozen families and is complete with food stores, fisheries, gardens, armories, and a pool. That being said, the units are not cheap, ranging from $1.5 million up to $3 million. All of the units were sold by 2017, but they could have been resold since or rented out since then. The following article provides a lot of good information: https://www.kansas.com/news/local/article134892379.html
There is also a company in the heart of Jackson County that specializes in building and installing underground bunkers (DEFCON All Steel Underground Bunker - Bomb Shelters - Underground Shelters -), so... they really could be anywhere if they are bugging out in the region.
I searched last night for whether or not underground shelters were required to be registered with the state. I didn’t find an answer. I know in some states in tornado alley they are. But what I did find was eye opening, listings for homes with huge shelters,Bunker/Bomb Shelter Properties | SurvivalRealty.com

entire “neighborhoods” of shelters like here: vivos Inside the World's Largest Underground Survival Community: 575 Luxury Bunkers for 5,000 People

Vivos Underground Survival Shelters For Sale | Community Underground Bunkers For Sale | Survival Bunkers | Nuclear Bomb Shelters For Sale

These 11 Cities In Idaho Are Best Prepared For Doomsday

quite eye opening. Lots of places to hide.

Haha... I see us disagreeing a little. I would defer to your expertise! But, I can actually see both points. If younger family members know anything I can see an anonymous tip. If older, I see it not helping.

Agree, if homicide shown that is related to or at Lori’s hand, I can see that being a motivator too.
No, I don't think so. What might motivate them is proving to them they have been lied to - which is not easy.

Yep—-

I wondered if that was its entire purpose.

it’s a college town with low crime and quite a bit of reports of pranksters, including occasional random paintball attacks. As a local if I saw someone in my driveway like this in the dark I think I might assume paintball gun, too — in part just to make it make sense (it makes sense this way as an isolated incident and is imo a red flag now). And I know what paintball guns look like but there’s a wide variety and some look more real than others.

LE have called it a red flag incident and I will post the link. I have also seen that there is a Paintball company in Rexburgh but I have found no paintball "prank" incidents when I searched, only this one.

‘Red flag’ missed? Police share new details about Tammy Daybell’s death, ‘paintball gun’ attack days before

This is the paintball company I researched. The pics on the gallery are good - they show guns with large hoppers but also a couple without any.

Crossfire Paintball Rexburg

Last edited:
I think there is only one sibling left now, though not exactly sure, maybe some nieces or nephews.
Lori has a living sister and brother currently.
Exactly, and not just a sister and brother, parents, extended family, nieces and nephews close to Tylee’s age. A BIG family that COULD be vocal IF they chose too. Seems to me with a little sleuthing you’d find there are members who COULD be a MUCH better spokesperson so to speak than Lori’s son.

Honestly, these are the times I wish I was a reporter. I would be all over trying to find out WHY they aren’t speaking.

The more publicity this case gets, the better, IMO - I'm sure Chad and Lori probably have enough food and supplies stockpiled to remain in hiding, or they have disguises (and fake IDs?) so they can do regular things, collect groceries, etc. but the more out there it is, the more the folks surrounding it - the neighbors, landlords, friends, etc. are coming out to give more information. I hope we hear from more of the surrounding communities, relatives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876