Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the family connection wasn't the other Cox sister after all, but rather Melani? Or Alex's soon-to-be new wife?
Could be but as the neighbour is saying sister and we now know she has a sister, then it is a possibility.
I don't believe their story, however, I have been hit in the head hard enough that I was out cold for a few seconds on the floor and had a concussion, but I was standing up and saying I was OK only a moment later. I wouldn't have even gone to the ER after that if my head hadn't been bleeding and my vision a little blurry. My concussion was an accident but if I had been in a fight with someone I would have been able to keep on fighting them. My point is: there are various levels of being "hit on the head" and we don't know if Alex sustained any major injuries from this alleged blow to the head. It is usually NOT like it is portrayed in movies where you can hit someone on the head and they are out cold for a long time (or dead from one blow).

So being hit once with a bat IMHO would not necessarily knock him out or render him unable to fight back. As I said, I don't believe their story due to other elements of this case, however if we took away all that we know now about Lori's previous threats to kill Charles and if this was told as the story of a concealed carry permit holder who was hit in the head by an intruder with a bat then I think it is believable to say that Alex might have pulled his gun and shot Charles as a reflex after being hit in the head. I don't believe it happened that way (at least not until police release more evidence) but I can see why police would have a hard time charging Alex. The story was likely presented to the police (by Lori and Alex) as if Charles was the intruder/aggressor and Alex was only defending himself and his sister. Alex reportedly stayed at Lori's for weeks after the shooting even though he had a house elsewhere in the neighborhood. I'm guessing Alex may have stayed there because they claimed to the police Alex lived there. If Alex lived there then he could say he was defending his home and his case of self defense was harder to refute. But like I said I don't believe the story as it has been told. MOO.
I agree, but doesn't the court and jury usually decide rather than a prosecutor?

I have also just had a thought, could a (untreated?) head injury to Alex in July have later caused his death in December?

Last edited:
Could be but as the neighbour is saying sister and we now know she has a sister, then it is a possibility.

I agree, but doesn't the court and jury usually decide rather than a prosecutor?

I have also just had a thought, could a (untreated?) head injury to Alex in July have later caused his death in December?
For the first question, nothing can get to a court or jury unless a prosecutor is willing to pursue a case. As for the second question, it is not outside the realm of possibilities that Alex's death could be attributable to a prior head injury. Hopefully, AZ law enforcement will shed some light on what happened with Alex.

IMO money talks I don’t care who is hiding you or where you are hiding... The right amount of money offered sadly to some will out weigh the secure hiding spots...

IMO money talks I don’t care who is hiding you or where you are hiding... The right amount of money offered sadly to some will out weigh the secure hiding spots...
The experience I have with cases on WS is that rewards have very little effect on the outcome of cases. With any luck, this one will be different. I know I am not optimistic that the reward will produce results but I would be thrilled to be wrong.

The prosecutor decides if there is a strong enough case to present to a Jury. He/she might want to bring charges but will not bring a case unless he thinks it is strong. They only get one opportunity to try people for murder. Double jeopardy laws mean that if a person is tried and acquitted then they cannot press charges again for the same crime. A good District Attorney will only accept cases with strong evidence. He might have told LE they need more evidence before he would bring charges. LE also may have suspected something different happened than what was being said, but it doesn't matter what they suspect-- it matters what they can prove in court. I think AZ LE kept quietly investigating Charles' death but when Lori and Alex suddenly moved to Idaho it complicated matters. MOO. (I am not an attorney)

The experience I have with cases on WS is that rewards have very little effect on the outcome of cases. With any luck, this one will be different. I know I am not optimistic that the reward will produce results but I would be thrilled to be wrong.
Oh I understand what you are saying and I completely agree. I was just saying that maybe there is or could be the right amount of $$$ that would or could possibly make someone say something ...

I don't believe their story, however, I have been hit in the head hard enough that I was out cold for a few seconds on the floor and had a concussion, but I was standing up and saying I was OK only a moment later. I wouldn't have even gone to the ER after that if my head hadn't been bleeding and my vision a little blurry. My concussion was an accident but if I had been in a fight with someone I would have been able to keep on fighting them. My point is: there are various levels of being "hit on the head" and we don't know if Alex sustained any major injuries from this alleged blow to the head. It is usually NOT like it is portrayed in movies where you can hit someone on the head and they are out cold for a long time (or dead from one blow).

So being hit once with a bat IMHO would not necessarily knock him out or render him unable to fight back. As I said, I don't believe their story due to other elements of this case, however if we took away all that we know now about Lori's previous threats to kill Charles and if this was told as the story of a concealed carry permit holder who was hit in the head by an intruder with a bat then I think it is believable to say that Alex might have pulled his gun and shot Charles as a reflex after being hit in the head. I don't believe it happened that way (at least not until police release more evidence) but I can see why police would have a hard time charging Alex. The story was likely presented to the police (by Lori and Alex) as if Charles was the intruder/aggressor and Alex was only defending himself and his sister. Alex reportedly stayed at Lori's for weeks after the shooting even though he had a house elsewhere in the neighborhood. I'm guessing Alex may have stayed there because they claimed to the police Alex lived there. If Alex lived there then he could say he was defending his home and his case of self defense was harder to refute. But like I said I don't believe the story as it has been told. MOO.
Charles was a semi pro baseball player. Had he hit anyone with a baseball bat they would not be able to stand much less retrieve a handgun and shoot him.

Charles was a semi pro baseball player. Had he hit anyone with a baseball bat they would not be able to stand much less retrieve a handgun and shoot him.

BBM. That may be, but Charles was not super young and his ball playing days were a long time ago. Plus, you may be surprised at how hard it is to knock someone out (or keep them down) with a bat. I followed a murder case last year where the victim was killed with a baseball bat (Kelsey Berreth). The murderer was almost half CV's age, had a physically demanding profession, and had reportedly practiced by beating cows with a bat before the crime occurred. Kelsey was half the murderer's size but she fought to live and he had to hit her 17-20 times, hitting the floor several times because he missed her. It is a very difficult way to kill someone and usually people don't stay knocked out when hit once. Even if Alex was on the floor dazed from a blow to the head, if he had a handgun on him he easily could draw and fire as a reflex. CV would have had to be close to Alex to hit him with a bat. It only takes seconds to fire a gun and gun owners usually practice so that they develop muscle memory. But since I don't believe that Charles hit Alex and I also don't believe that Alex is the one who shot Charles, this whole discussion is moot. That was just the story that Alex and Lori made up before they called 911. It was believable enough that police couldn't find a way to press charges right away. But that doesn't mean that police totally bought it and stopped investigating. MOO.

Last edited:
I can’t figure out the initials/names - much less piece together a family tree or put together a diagram that makes sense.

New names popping up, suspicious deaths, sudden marriages, missing children and underground bunkers.

JJ's biological grandparents, Kay and Larry Woodcock of Louisiana, held a news conference Tuesday in Idaho to offer the reward, and held up a poster of the children while asking the public for information.

Kay Woodcock made a public plea to the children's mother, Lori Vallow -- whom police say has left Idaho with her new husband and is refusing to work with investigators.

"Please, just let us know where the kids are. It's not difficult. It will end all this, as far as the kids are concerned," she said.
Relatives of missing Idaho siblings offer $20,000 reward

One thing no one has mentioned (that I have found) is that September 23, 2019 was the Autumnal Equinox. Before you go thinking I'm even crazier than the Daybells, the equinox has LDS significance that most Mormons don't even know because they don't understand the role of folk magic in the foundations of their religion. The Autumnal Equinox was the date Joseph Smith purportedly received the Golden Plates, which is one of the most important events in their founding. (Source, myself, LDS for over 30 years).

I only really bring it up because I fear the crazies would have found that date extra-significant (particularly because it's also related to his grandmother-in-law visions, in combination with birthdays on the 23 & 24). It makes me nervous*that's* the day the children went missing.

BBM. That may be, but Charles was not super young and his ball playing days were a long time ago. Plus, you may be surprised at how hard it is to knock someone out (or keep them down) with a bat. I followed a murder case last year where the victim was killed with a baseball bat (Kelsey Berreth). The murderer was almost half CV's age, had a physically demanding profession, and had reportedly practiced by beating cows with a bat before the crime occurred. Kelsey was half the murderer's size but she fought to live and he had to hit her 17-20 times, hitting the floor several times because he missed her. It is a very difficult way to kill someone and usually people don't stay knocked out when hit once. Even if Alex was on the floor dazed from a blow to the head, if he had a handgun on him he easily could draw and fire as a reflex. CV would have had to be close to Alex to hit him with a bat. It only takes seconds to fire a gun and gun owners usually practice so that they develop muscle memory. But since I don't believe that Charles hit Alex and I also don't believe that Alex is the one who shot Charles, this whole discussion is moot. That was just the story that Alex and Lori made up before they called 911. It was believable enough that police couldn't find a way to press charges right away. But that doesn't mean that police totally bought it and stopped investigating. MOO.
All good points. However, the bat story comes from Lori and Alex. We don't even know if it is true.

All good points. However, the bat story comes from Lori and Alex. We don't even know if it is true.

Agreed. That's why I said in my post: "But since I don't believe that Charles hit Alex and I also don't believe that Alex is the one who shot Charles, this whole discussion is moot. That was just the story that Alex and Lori made up before they called 911." MOO.

From the link:
EXCLUSIVE: The former attorneys of Charles Vallow speak to Fox 10. “Steve, I want to make sure that everyone knows that if something happens to me, Lori & Alex did it.” 5 months later, Lori Vallow’s brother Alex shoots Charles to death & claims self-defense. More to come.
Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

Also from Fox 10 Phoenix:
Good Lord, this story just gets deeper and deeper. Lori Vallow ex husband’s attorney speaks exclusively to our @jlumfox10 in regards to fear of his life. Stay tuned today @FOX10Phoenix to hear what this attorney has to say. #fox10phoenix

Alfredo Kaspar FOX10 on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members