Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread but this new info stands out. Curious to know whether this 3rd family member ( <modsnip> It says sister) left at the same time as Lori and Alex or remained living in the townhome next door. Also, if LE obtained search warrants for all 3 homes, they must have had more info than I assumed they did at the time.

"They just asked us to leave. They called me and said, 'Hey, we're going to be raiding their house here in ten minutes, would you get your family out because we don't want anything to happen,'" Bernard said.

Vallow and Cox were gone by the time the FBI searched the home. Bernard said the FBI searched Vallow's home, Cox's home and the home next to Vallow, who had a family connection as well.

"(Vallow's) sister moved in there, so that's why they raided her place," Bernard said.

Bernard hasn't seen the sister recently and isn't sure if she's still living there.

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

Previous MSM stories reported Lori's Rexburg address as 565 Pioneer Rd and this story shows her unit as #175. On Zillow, unit #175 was removed from the rental market on 8/27 and HotPads has it available for rent again as of 1/1/2020. Alex lived with her for a week before getting his own place in the complex but we don't know which unit.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/565-Pioneer-Rd-APT-175-Rexburg-ID-83440/2088542432_zpid/
https://hotpads.com/565-pioneer-rd-rexburg-id-83440-skmydp/175/pad?lat=43.8139&lon=-111.7879&z=14

The neighbor was interviewed in front of his unit at #176 and said the other raided propererty of Lori's family member (sister?) was next to Lori's so that would be unit #174 on the other side of her. Unit #174 was taken off the rental market on 10/25 and has not been relisted.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/565-Pioneer-Rd-.num.174,-Rexburg,-ID_rb/234170350_zpid/

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread but this new info stands out. Curious to know whether this 3rd family member ( Melani? It says sister) left at the same time as Lori and Alex or remained living in the townhome next door. Also, if LE obtained search warrants for all 3 homes, they must have had more info than I assumed they did at the time.

"They just asked us to leave. They called me and said, 'Hey, we're going to be raiding their house here in ten minutes, would you get your family out because we don't want anything to happen,'" Bernard said.

Vallow and Cox were gone by the time the FBI searched the home. Bernard said the FBI searched Vallow's home, Cox's home and the home next to Vallow, who had a family connection as well.

"(Vallow's) sister moved in there, so that's why they raided her place," Bernard said.

Bernard hasn't seen the sister recently and isn't sure if she's still living there.

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

Oh my goodness! I missed this. I was hoping the sister wasn't caught up in this mess too. I can't name her here, as she hasn't been named in MSM, but I can confirm that Lori and Alex have another sister (besides Stacey who died). Interestingly, her birthday is on Sept 23rd. Sept 23rd is the last day JJ was seen. Sept 23rd is also the birthday of Tammy's deceased grandmother and a date when Chad claims that Tammy's grandmother's ghost came to speak to him to tell Tammy to stop playing computer games. He says on his blog he waits for her to visit him again every year on Sept 23rd but she had been silent the last few years.

Maybe this is all coincidence but I wonder if on or just before Sept 23rd Chad found out it was Lori's sister's birthday and it reminded him about his past "visits" on that date from Tammy's grandmother? Then maybe he claimed to hear something new from Tammy's deceased grandmother? Although Tammy was still alive Sept 23rd, Lori was in Rexburg, and I believe Chad was probably seeing Lori secretly. He told Tammy to go see her parents and Tammy went on Oct 4th. I wonder what happened Sept 23rd? And what happened the weekend Tammy was gone to see her parents?

Also, this may sound like a crazy theory but this case is already so crazy... if they believe in reincarnation could they somehow believe that Lori's sister is the deceased grandmother reincarnated because of the same month and day of birth? Of course wouldn't make any sense because Tammy's grandmother and Lori's sister were both alive at the same time at one point... However, nothing about this case or this cult's beliefs make any sense to me. Either way, Sept 23rd is significant to these people for multiple reasons. We need more info on what happened Sept 23rd and the days just after. Chad's kids may know where Chad was and if he said or did anything significant that day but they are not talking. I hope they change their minds on that and help LE find these children.

MOO.

Last edited:
Yes, I realized that. I am just wondering if it is realistic to think he carried a baseball bat in his car? I mean, did he often go take batting practice? Most 63-year-old pitchers sort of have bad shoulders by then, and most pitchers are not batters.

Well, he knew that his life was in danger around these two, so that might have motivated him. This was his home, so he probably had a bat in the garage, may have picked it up when he saw Alex's car, or went to get it after he felt threatened in the argument.

Oh my goodness! I missed this. I was hoping the sister wasn't caught up in this mess too. I can't name her here, as she hasn't been named in MSM, but I can confirm that Lori and Alex have another sister (besides Stacey who died). Interestingly, her birthday is on Sept 23rd. Sept 23rd is the last day JJ was seen. Sept 23rd is also the birthday of Tammy's deceased grandmother and a date when Chad claims that Tammy's grandmother's ghost came to speak to him to tell Tammy to stop playing computer games. He says on his blog he waits for her to visit him again every year on Sept 23rd but she had been silently the last few years.

Maybe this is all coincidence but I wonder if on or just before Sept 23rd Chad found out it was Lori's sister's birthday and it reminded him about his past "visits" on that date from Tammy's grandmother? Then maybe he claimed to hear something new from Tammy's deceased grandmother? Although Tammy was still alive Sept 23rd, Lori was in Rexburg, and I believe Chad was probably seeing Lori secretly. He told Tammy to go see her parents and Tammy went on Oct 4th. I wonder what happened Sept 23rd? And what happened the weekend Tammy was gone to see her parents?

Also, this may sound like a crazy theory but this case is already so crazy... if they believe in reincarnation could they somehow believe that Lori's sister is the deceased grandmother reincarnated because of the same month and day of birth? Of course wouldn't make any sense because Tammy's grandmother and Lori's sister were both alive at the same time at one point... However, nothing about this case or this cult's beliefs make any sense to me. Either way, Sept 23rd is significant to these people for multiple reasons. We need more info on what happened Sept 23rd and the days just after. Chad's kids may know where Chad was and if he said or did anything significant that day but they are not talking. I hope they change their minds on that and help LE find these children.

MOO.

I forgot all about the sister. So many moving pieces

Oh my goodness! I missed this. I was hoping the sister wasn't caught up in this mess too. I can't name her here, as she hasn't been named in MSM, but I can confirm that Lori and Alex have another sister (besides Stacey who died). Interestingly, her birthday is on Sept 23rd. Sept 23rd is the last day JJ was seen. Sept 23rd is also the birthday of Tammy's deceased grandmother and a date when Chad claims that Tammy's grandmother's ghost came to speak to him to tell Tammy to stop playing computer games. He says on his blog he waits for her to visit him again every year on Sept 23rd but she had been silently the last few years.
MOO.

Also, September 24th is Tylee's birthday. :(

Is there any chance the grandmother becomes “sleuthable” because of this article? One of my statements from day one has been that it sure is interesting who speaks out about these missing kids and who doesn’t. Or I’ll go one step further it sure is interesting who speaks out about a death, Alex‘s death, and who doesn’t. Did he have a funeral or memorial service? Did anyone attend? Did anyone ever see an obituary?
?
SBM - We can only sleuth her here if the police state she is a POI or if she is charged with something. We can always sleuth privately of course and make our own notes in case that happens. Often once there is an arrest in a case WS members will post all the info about the person arrested that they have been holding onto. ;)

I have not seen any obituary for Alex. I wonder if his body has even been released yet or if anyone has claimed it? Last we checked his cause of death was still pending on the AZ ME's website.

MOO.

I have a question I hope hasn't been already addressed.

Can someone actually be hit in the head with a baseball bat (I'm presuming it wasn't a light tap) and have the presence of mind to grab a firearm and shoot someone in self defense?

IMHO, this does not pass the smell test. Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

I keep thinking about the Sept 23 date and it wouldn't surprise me if LV, CD and cult-pals said it had some prophetic significance but... I lean more towards LV receiving some more earthly info that LE was on to her. Maybe someone with LE knowledge told her the CV death investigation was focusing on her and Alex... Suggesting Lori, Alex and children better hightail it out of town. JMO

I don’t know her either, but I can bet I would love for them to be grandparents of my kids. Such genuine, well-spoken parents who truly loved spending time with their grandkids.

I feel there also needs to be special consideration given to the fact that these are JJ's biological grandparents. They raised him for his first 18 months of life. Adoptees have trauma being separated from their mothers at birth, but at least JJ was with his actual grandparents and had a genetic mirror for his first 18 months. I'm sure he had trouble adjusting to his re-homing adoption with Lori and Charles. Special needs and complex trauma, wow. It sounds like Charles did bond with him though, and that JJ wasn't given the proper time and space and therapy to grieve his father (and genetic great uncle), to attend the memorial in Lake Charles, to be with his grandparents and other relatives. Heartbreaking.

I think that after Charles was killed, there would have been a really good case for the biological relatives to get custody of JJ, using the papers that CV prepared in the divorce proceedings as a start. Lori is JJ's adoptive mother, she (and her parents) are not related to him. I just think of the Hart children, and so many other adoptees who were killed by their adoptive parents, and the way Charles died, and the incredible amount of pain that JJ must have been in...just wow. If this IS or was a custody battle for JJ that Lori and Chad are avoiding, well I would think it's a cut and dry case. JJ needs to be with his relatives. And if alive he will need intensive therapy for the rest of his life.

I keep thinking about the Sept 23 date and it wouldn't surprise me if LV, CD and cult-pals said it had some prophetic significance but... I lean more towards LV receiving some more earthly info that LE was on to her. Maybe someone with LE knowledge told her the CV death investigation was focusing on her and Alex... Suggesting Lori, Alex and children better hightail it out of town. JMO

But Lori and Alex both stayed in Rexberg from Sept. - Nov. (with a brief time out for getting rid of Tammy, and Lori and Chad getting married of course). Lori took JJ out of school on Sept. 23rd and told everyone he was going to live with his grandparents, which I guess she knew would buy her some time (2 months) before his grandparents got anxious.

But Lori and Alex both stayed in Rexberg from Sept. - Nov. (with a brief time out for getting rid of Tammy, and Lori and Chad getting married of course). Lori took JJ out of school on Sept. 23rd and told everyone he was going to live with his grandparents, which I guess she knew would buy her some time (2 months) before his grandparents got anxious.

I think she knew. She was tipped-off before moves to AND from Rexburg. Jmo

ETA: My opinions have been completely wrong more than once before ;)

Last edited:
I believe it’s not something we can discuss here with names, but I really hope the authorities are discreetly checking into the location of other kids that belong to those just a step away from the primary persons in this case. If any of them are missing, I feel that would be a pretty significant lead to follow. It would certainly seem to indicate whether it was a group thing or a Lori/Chad thing.

I’d be especially curious if there are any other teens or preteens who’ve gone silent on social media, or seem to have removed theirs. (I’ve found even more possible profiles for Tylee, but though the profiles existed in the past, they’ve been removed, and so basically show up as yes, this username has been used and is unavailable, but there’s nothing to find.)

Seriously, if anyone finds usernames for Tylee other than tyleeryan, tyleearyan, or typicaltylee, or an email address, pretty please point me at it?

I also think about Alex's 13 year old step-son who called 911. Sadly, there are many children/teens involved.

"Vallow and Cox were gone by the time the FBI searched the home. Bernard said the FBI searched Vallow's home, Cox's home and the home next to Vallow, who had a family connection as well.

Bernard hasn't seen the sister recently and isn't sure if she's still living there."

That is really interesting. I hadn't seen that either. We know that AC and MB got married in Vegas to new partners just a few days after this. I wonder if LE have checked the maternal grandmother's home if JJ indicated that was where he was heading? I wonder if they all went there for Thanksgiving. MOO.

Perhaps the family connection wasn't the other Cox sister after all, but rather Melani? Or Alex's soon-to-be new wife?

I have a question I hope hasn't been already addressed.

Can someone actually be hit in the head with a baseball bat (I'm presuming it wasn't a light tap) and have the presence of mind to grab a firearm and shoot someone in self defense?

IMHO, this does not pass the smell test. Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

I don't believe their story, however, I have been hit in the head hard enough that I was out cold for a few seconds on the floor and had a concussion, but I was standing up and saying I was OK only a moment later. I wouldn't have even gone to the ER after that if my head hadn't been bleeding and my vision a little blurry. My concussion was an accident but if I had been in a fight with someone I would have been able to keep on fighting them. My point is: there are various levels of being "hit on the head" and we don't know if Alex sustained any major injuries from this alleged blow to the head. It is usually NOT like it is portrayed in movies where you can hit someone on the head and they are out cold for a long time (or dead from one blow).

So being hit once with a bat IMHO would not necessarily knock him out or render him unable to fight back. As I said, I don't believe their story due to other elements of this case, however if we took away all that we know now about Lori's previous threats to kill Charles and if this was told as the story of a concealed carry permit holder who was hit in the head by an intruder with a bat then I think it is believable to say that Alex might have pulled his gun and shot Charles as a reflex after being hit in the head. I don't believe it happened that way (at least not until police release more evidence) but I can see why police would have a hard time charging Alex. The story was likely presented to the police (by Lori and Alex) as if Charles was the intruder/aggressor and Alex was only defending himself and his sister. Alex reportedly stayed at Lori's for weeks after the shooting even though he had a house elsewhere in the neighborhood. I'm guessing Alex may have stayed there because they claimed to the police Alex lived there. If Alex lived there then he could say he was defending his home and his case of self defense was harder to refute. But like I said I don't believe the story as it has been told. MOO.

Poking around summaries and snippets from Chad's books, and some of the end-of-the-world cults both LDS and not, I've come around to the opinion that if the only factor is the cult aspect, they've probably gone into hiding and the kids are okay physically. The cults view places a huge value on young people, who are going to be the ones to rebuild and repopulate the world after the apocalyptic events. Many of them also read some of the Biblical passages to imply that the army of good people at Armageddon will be mostly or entirely young people.

Of course that's not the only factor. Lori's clearly crazy, for one. And those point toward the kids being in serious danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member