Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering this too. LE seems convinced that she was in Idaho, but why they feel that way has been unclear. The recent news story with the neighbor (SB) is one person who believes he sighted Tylee in Idaho in September. Even if we're sure it was Tylee which I'm not based on one sighting in an apartment parking lot it still leaves me wondering why she wasn't seen more and if she was still around when JJ disappeared. MOO.
I originally thought this as well but the new article speaking with the friend of Tylee’s says this: The friend lived near Ryan’s Chandler, Ariz., home. Ryan moved from Chandler to Rexburg with her mother, Lori Vallow, and brother JJ shortly after Aug. 31. The friend said Ryan didn’t want to move to Idaho. In fact, Ryan had originally planned to move in with the friend in order to remain in Arizona. However, Ryan ultimately decided to go with her family to Idaho for JJ’s sake.

I think they friend was communicating pretty regularly with Tylee in Rexburg for awhile, then Tylee goes quiet for awhile, and the friend reaches out... but receives a text message that doesn’t sound like Tylee (probably written by Lori) around Oct. 24th
www.postregister.com/news/local/new-texts-show-last-known-contact-from-tylee-ryan-s/article_773770ec-1ba1-5bcf-b037-c778719abb30.amp.html

I still can't decide if this end of times scheme/scam is relevant to children's disappearance. If Lori didn't care about the children, she wouldn't care if they were suffering through the end of times. Still, there is a leap from not wanting someone to killing them (or having them killed). If she wanted to protect the kids from an imaginary threat, she could have taken them somewhere "safe".

I think maybe Chad didn’t know about them. So she also needed to get rid of them before she married Chad. And thinking your children are safe in heaven makes it easier to harm them. MOO

I know Matt, When he talked about his brother it was kind of like “family ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what can you do.” I had the feeling the (matt) Daybell family wasn’t buying into the end of the world visions - although I’m sure all Chad’s kids did. I can’t imagine growing up in the house and not believing your dad talk about the visions etc. Im glad Matt made a statement. What a mess.

Last edited:
Although it doesn't specifically say this, I think her friend in AZ also may have witnessed Tylee leaving AZ with Lori and JJ:

"The friend lived near Ryan’s Chandler, Ariz., home. Ryan moved from Chandler to Rexburg with her mother, Lori Vallow, and brother JJ shortly after Aug. 31. The friend said Ryan didn’t want to move to Idaho. In fact, Ryan had originally planned to move in with the friend in order to remain in Arizona. However, Ryan ultimately decided to go with her family to Idaho for JJ’s sake.
“She was just protective of JJ ’cause he was her little brother,” the friend said."

New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone

Her friend lived in the same neighborhood, so I'm imagining her friend helping Tylee pack and waving goodbye as they drive away. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm picturing it.

There is also the AZ property manager's post at that link about giving Lori the deadline to move out by Aug 31. I'm assuming that Tylee's items were packed up and taken with them or the property manager might have mentioned that as suspicious. I also think that if LE had evidence something happened to Tylee prior to the move to ID then they would not have said Tylee was last seen in Rexburg in September.

The neighbor says he met Tylee once. Sure, it's possible he was mistaken about who he saw. But I think it indicates Tylee was briefly in Idaho. I worry, however, that she may have disappeared a long time (weeks?) before JJ. I also worry that JJ started asking questions about where Tylee went and what happened to his father. If Lori had concerns that JJ would start saying the wrong things at school, that would be motive enough to pull him out of school and make him disappear. And then of course, Lori probably wanted to be free with "no minor children" so that she could see Chad. :rolleyes::(

MOO.

The way that interview with the friend is worded, it appears Tylee already knew that she had to protect her little brother from her mother's craziness. It's likely that her relationship with Lori was already pretty strained and if Lori was OK with Tylee staying behind in Chandler, she didn't seem to have any nefarious plans for her daughter at that point.

So I wonder when and where Tylee was when she found out about the extent of her mother's relationship with Chad and if that didn't trigger an event that ended up with the disappearance of the children. The family arrives in Rexburg, Chad shows up on their doorstep and the poop hits the fan.

The neighbor said that Alex lived with Lori for about a week before getting his own place. He also said that JJ told his son that he was going to visit his grandmother a week after moving in so same timeline. My gut says something happened that first week in Rexburg. MOO

I think maybe Chad didn’t know about them. So she also needed to get rid of them before she married Chad. And thinking your children are safe in heaven makes it easier to harm them. MOO
Toys were left on the porch of her Rexburg townhouse after Lori and Chad had fled. Chad must have known that Lori had kids. They have also known each other long enough for that.

I'm gonna look at that again. That SUV at the curb reminded me of my Nissan Rogue so much.
I think they are very similar. When looking up what a Rogue was like it had a specific link showing them both. But as Charles has been specifically linked to a Jeep and an F150 white truck I think they are those two vehicles right in that video. He has not been linked to a Nissan AFAIK.

I can't get these to look good, but this vehicle is curbside (across from the house) and inside the crime scene tape. It's the one that reminds me of my Rogue.

Also noting, it was garbage pickup day.
It also does look like a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

2.jpg

Yep. Now that I think about it Friday might be a preferred day, because it gives LE the weekend to get evidence together before posting the charges or before holding a press conference with more details. MOO.
Yep.....It also gives LE more time, over a weekend, to "talk alone with the arrested POI" if they prove "willing to talk."..........moo.

Last edited:
From the article, just for clarity, Matt Daybell says he only speaks for his own family:

“Matt Daybell issued his first public statement to EastIdahoNews.com on Friday, saying it represents the views of him, his wife and children, not his extended family or parents.”

Chad Daybell's brother issues statement 'pleading' for him to cooperate with investigation | East Idaho News
That is true—when it says his “immediate family” hasn’t had close contact w Chad for years... he was referring to his wife and kids and not siblings and parents.

Do we know it was a whole family and not just one brother (good for him)? Even if his brother broke ties with him on religious grounds, Chad still seemed to have been a part of the mainstream church. Tammy presumably subscribed to her husband's wacky ideas and remained active in the church, too.

He says "I have not been close to Chad since childhood. My immediate family has had little association with Chad the last many years due to our concerns with his religious claims and particular books he had chosen to publish, including his own."

A couple things strike me here. I was going to suggest that "immediate family" here could and maybe did mean Matt and his spouse and kids. Possibly it does. Or possibly it means Matt's and Chad's parents and/or siblings. I would be arguing that it meant Matt's spouse and children if it was for the comment immediately before that about having not been close to Chad since childhood. I think immediate family really could have either meaning, but if Matt really hasn't been that close since he (or they?) were kids then you wouldn't expect his family (spouse and kids) to be either.

Of course closeness is kind of relative. Most siblings that grew up together, especially if relatively close in age (not sure how far apart Matt and Chad are) aren't as close by some measures as adults as they are as kids. They certainly aren't seeing and doing things with each other every day in most cases as adults even if they did as kids. So Matt could be saying he and Chad drifted apart when they became adults, which is extremely common, but he may not realize he's in the norm there. Then more recently as Chad has gone off the deep end both he and his family (spouse and kids) have backed away.

That's a whole lot of rambling to say that he might mean Matt and Chad's mutual family weren't associating with Chad, but it might mean only Matt has done that. MOO

I still can't decide if this end of times scheme/scam is relevant to children's disappearance. If Lori didn't care about the children, she wouldn't care if they were suffering through the end of times. Still, there is a leap from not wanting someone to killing them (or having them killed). If she wanted to protect the kids from an imaginary threat, she could have taken them somewhere "safe".
I agree, I dont think it has anything to do with their belief system. IMO I think between Lori and Alex they didn't want the kids talking or asking questions after CV was killed, especially Lori.

I think Alex drove the kids down to Arizona the week of Sept. 24th and something happened to them down there. MOO
This is also a great theory. It would explain quite a bit.

There is a new article on the Dm. It has new info on a fight that Alex and Lori had in the middle of the street in Gilbert. If someone can go grab the link and post it here I would appreciate it I'm in my car and running around and cannot do so at this time thank you!

There is a new article on the Dm. It has new info on a fight that Alex and Lori had in the middle of the street in Gilbert. If someone can go grab the link and post it here I would appreciate it I'm in my car and running around and cannot do so at this time thank you!

Mom of missing Idaho kids screamed at her killer brother that he brought disgrace on their family' | Daily Mail Online

Some good pics in here. Here's one of Lori's family.

"Police say Cox was found unresponsive at a home he had moved to in Gilbert, Arizona, in the early hours of December 12 — but they are still waiting for a medical examiner's report — which could take up to three months — to confirm the cause of death.

He married Zulema Pastenes, 55, in Las Vegas on December 2.

His widow did not return calls from DailyMail.com and did not come to the door at her home in Gilbert. However, her son confirmed she and Cox had married shortly before his death.

Neighbor Self said Cox, who had a history of violent assaults, was very unfriendly and tried to avoid contact with his neighbors on the quiet residential street.

23196688-7869201-image-m-53_1578580823090.jpg

+15
The brother, Alex Cox, died last month aged 51 just 10 days after running off to Las Vegas to get married. 'I heard this huge commotion,' neighbor Donny Self told DailyMail.com. 'People were coming out in the street to watch what was going on. She was screaming at him accusing him of bringing disgrace on their family.' Pictured: Alex Cox (far left) with Lori (far right) with other members of their family "

Last edited:
I don’t know if Tammy subscribed to them as much as she tolerated and had patience with them. To my knowledge she wasn’t doing conferences, forums at AVOW, etc. kinda kept out of the limelight he was chasing? Moo.

I don't think we have any clue as to how Tammy felt about some of the more concrete things Chad was doing that seem off the wall to us. She might have been 100% on board with him or had issues, yet tolerated them. I could seen as a devout Mormon that she might feel that she had to support her husband even if she didn't agree. How much disagreement is okay and how and where to express it when it happens is something I expect you see a wide range of thoughts on from devout Mormons, but that range is definitely going to be weighted more toward the side of the husband being the boss than society at large. (I suspect that has changed over the years too, but still lags society.)

All of that is saying that we can guess at possibilities, but I doubt Tammy told many people if she did have issues. I also think the stories in the novels she could have concern with him saying part of some of them were true, but could dampen most concerns with the "it's just fiction" excuse. And she appeared to be the driving force behind the publishing company which had plenty of other authors, some of them writing books that sound like they were out there as much as Chad's (JR and HS come to mind from reports here).

What a tangled web. I am really hoping these kids are going to found soon. With all the discussion about her mental state I fear for them. If she truly believes what other say she has said then she may think very dark days are coming. She may actually believe she is saving people. That is truly terrifying.

Another thought I had was is it possible she “married” Tylee to someone else in the “cult”? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo