Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I thought he was there to take JJ to school and someone at the hotel expected them back for breakfast? That’s why I wondered if that was Alex’s truck. Regardless, I still don’t get why Lori’s vehicle is on street. Maybe she really did take JJ to school, hopefully LE know that.

here is a close up of the other car in garage, taken from live video I posted earlier.

That looks like a black saloon in the garage. Anyone recognise the rear, which is all that is visible?

My thoughts...

I've known Chad since he moved to the area, Matt a few years earlier when he moved in. One of my children has read Chad's fiction books and said they were way removed from LDS doctrine. He said it's like they started at some doctrinal point and really jumped off. My wife was offered one book from Chad, but did not read it all.
Tammy was a saint. I agree with the sentiment that she probably knew about the contents of the books and passed it off as fiction. She encouraged theater and drama in the children and can be seen from her obit., was very creative herself. She pranked her husband and family, which is why she thought the gunman was a prank.

I can't say there was anything in Chad's behavior leading up to Tammy's funeral that was suspicious. I can say that my interaction with him on the day of her memorial (Oct 23) was short and felt rushed and weird. My wife said the same about her interaction with him the following day (Oct 24). That was the last I saw him even from a distance.

I did not know or have ever seen Lori, Alex, Tylee or JJ. I had been told Chad was helping an author write a book he was editing. Then that he was married and living in town (Rexburg). Then the next information I had was over the news on Dec 19th.

Chad's adult children have not talked about it with me. The neighborhood (and church 'ward') had a fast for the whole family last Sunday and we've tried to be supportive. I was praying and hoping something better would come out. But Matt's statement makes me think he feels the same way. In regard to his comment about immediate family, yes, I assume he also means his siblings. Matt's wife and family did know Chad and Tammy and their children.

Other information I know of I have shared with LE. I hope JJ and Tylee are found.
Thank you very much for your post. I’m sorry for your loss, everything I have read about Tammy, does make her sound like a lovely person.

Do you remember when you heard Chad was helping edit a book? Was he out of town for an extended period? Maybe January-February?

Do you remember when you heard Chad was helping edit a book? Was he out of town for an extended period? Maybe January-February?
Yes. The weekend following the memorial service was stake conference (LDS stake is a larger geographic area than a ward. A ward could be considered a neighborhood. A stake is a collection of wards). Anyway, Nov 3 would have been the next Sunday for the ward to meet. It was either the 3rd or 10th. That same day the Bishop announced from the pulpit that if anyone needed to schedule a meeting, to do so with another brother of the ward. I forgot this in the original post. Prior to Chad's departure, he was not excommunicated, but in fact the Executive Secretary of the ward, meaning he handled the Bishop's meeting schedule and such. Then it was Nov 17th or so when I heard Chad was remarried. I thought that was way strange as did many in the ward and neighborhood.

Edit: Also, Chad worked from home on his books, so I was aware of his absence from time to time and I knew there were speaking engagements and book signings. But I wasn't aware of any time he was gone for an extended time. Especially during this period as it was a busy time for me at both work and in church due to my own assignments. I wasn't in the ward very often in January through March.

Last edited:
So I see some new articles have been put out today. These have me a couple of points for us to discuss.

1) the article about Alex and Lori fighting. My thoughts are that he committed suicide and have been since day one pretty much. With that said this makes me believe that even more due three reasons. One being that the fight with Lori is very telling, especially the quote " you're a disgrace to the family", 2) the shooting of CV may have just got to him in that way, and 3) the most obvious having something to hide like all of this criminal behavior. I think it stands to reason that he probably felt pretty worthless in life considering his back ground.

2) Sometimes blended families, even new ones, will refer to the parents of a new spouse as grandma and grandpa. So with that I wonder if LE has questioned CD's parents. Could the children have been taken there temporarily until CD and LV could pick them up?

3) if the children are staying with someone and with JJ's ADD/ADHD could we assume that it's either someone well known to them or could it be someone unfamiliar? I don't have any knowledge of children with these traits so could JJ handle being with an unfamiliar person? I feel like this would be something that he could only handle if the people were familiar to him. MOO

It seems to me that the kids left on Tylee's birthday, 24th September with maybe Lori and Alex. After that the next important date was 2nd October when the jeep was sighted at the murder attempt of BB in Az. Then the 9th October paintball incident in Salem Idaho, followed by Tammy's death on 16th October. Then a couple of weeks later Lori and Chad's marriage (say end of October), and then back to Rexburgh apartment in early November until they leave on 26th to spend Thanksgiving where? Vegas? I don't believe that Lori and Chad have had the kids with them therefore at all. The kids have been somewhere since Tylee's birthday IMO.
I agree. I think establishing a timeline of Alex's travels (incl. identifying the vehicles he used and who may have accompanied him) might help solve several mysteries and possible crimes, including: the whereabouts of the children, the present location of Chad & Lori (if LE doesn't already know), the attempted shooting of BB, the supposed paintball gun incident, and even AC's death (if it turns out it wasn't due to natural causes).

At various times I think AC could have been driving Tylee's Jeep, or (pure speculation) CV's truck, or possibly other vehicles. He could have been accompanied by others traveling in other vehicles. Obviously if LE clarified which possibly-involved vehicles were accounted for and which were missing, it would be helpful to WS'ers, but I can understand them wanting to keep this info close to the vest.

A few of my assumptions (trigger warning - if theorizing bothers you and you prefer to only/exclusively read about established or newly uncovered facts, I suggest you skip):

-In July I think Tylee's Jeep was at the house where CV was shot

-Around Aug 31 I think Tylee's Jeep was perhaps used by AC as one of two vehicles used for the trip from AZ to ID (as 5 people and their belongings might not easily fit into just one vehicle). If there was a second vehicle on the trip, I speculate that it could have been either CV's truck (an F 150 which remained at the house following the shooting?), Lori's Rogue, or even a vehicle belonging to AC's soon-to-be wife, who had an address in Gilbert, AZ (could she have been the "friend" on the trip?). Again, all speculation. There are certainly other possibilities for vehicles, but I do not think the second vehicle was AC's "car", as a previous thread post mentioned that AC had given his car to CR during this time.

-In September, if Tylee's Jeep, and possibly AC (though this is yet unproven) were involved in the 10/2 attempted shooting of BB in AZ, then AC had to have driven the Jeep back down to AZ sometime in Sept. It's even possible that the trip back down to AZ occurred in late Sept (after JJ was unenrolled on 9/24) and included the kids, but this is pure speculation.

-In Oct/Nov, in between the attempted shooting of BB in AZ on 10/2 and the sighting of AC "loading a truck" in ID on or about 11/26 (and keeping in mind that the Jeep was reportedly impounded in Dec in ID), someone (again, I think Alex) had to have driven the Jeep from AZ back up to ID in Oct. or Nov. Going a step further, if AC was perhaps involved in the reported paintball incident in ID on 10/9 involving TD (though as yet there's no factual basis for thinking this), it would further narrow the return trip window to between 10/2 and 10/9.

-11/26-12/12 If AC died in AZ on 12/12 (yet the Jeep was impounded in ID in Dec), how did AC get back down to AZ? After helping Lori pack "a truck" around 11/26, did he perhaps leave Rexburg at the same time as (or maybe even together with) Chad & Lori)? Did he (or they) head to AZ? While no autopsy results have been released on AC's death, his death seems suspicious to me (based on previous thread post, I thought the description/symptoms could fit a poisoning). AC may have known too much. If he was perhaps poisoned, who might have had motive to kill him?

Summarizing, if a detailed timeline of AC's travels could be established (incl. respective vehicle's), maybe surveillance footage or some other evidence could then be collected that would help locate the children and solve some of the mysteries of this case. Sorry if too much theorizing.

That looks like a black saloon in the garage. Anyone recognise the rear, which is all that is visible?
I linked the video in one of my quotes here.
I'm gonna look at that again. That SUV at the curb reminded me of my Nissan Rogue so much.

Here is a link to the original live stream of the shooting of Charles. Sometimes comments on those can be interesting as I don’t think they can be deleted. I didn’t see any noteworthy comments here. It is a longer video but nothing more to see really, although a zoom in showed toys in patio.

Here's a link to a 2017 Jeep

Buy this instead of a Wrangler | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Review

Looks very similar to the vehicle parked in the road to me.

I swear there had been a post that has now been deleted that said the jeep was black. It was in the post that spoke of the security camera footage showing exactly who was driving the day Brandon was shot at.
I’ve read that too. That’s why I didn’t think it was hers on the street as well.

So just to clarify this for myself, I thought that the maroon car in the street was Tylee's? And when I was a teenager and bought a car, I had to park mine in the street, so that doesn't necessarily seem weird to me.
I’m not sure we know whose that is on the street. We did hear from this post ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019that Lori drove a rogue.

I’ll look to clarify more.

Yes. The weekend following the memorial service was stake conference (LDS stake is a larger geographic area than a ward. A ward could be considered a neighborhood. A stake is a collection of wards). Anyway, Nov 3 would have been the next Sunday for the ward to meet. It was either the 3rd or 10th. That same day the Bishop announced from the pulpit that if anyone needed to schedule a meeting, to do so with another brother of the ward. I forgot this in the original post. Prior to Chad's departure, he was not excommunicated, but in fact the Executive Secretary of the ward, meaning he handled the Bishop's meeting schedule and such. Then it was Nov 17th or so when I heard Chad was remarried. I thought that was way strange as did many in the ward and neighborhood.

Edit: Also, Chad worked from home on his books, so I was aware of his absence from time to time and I knew there were speaking engagements and book signings. But I wasn't aware of any time he was gone for an extended time. Especially during this period as it was a busy time for me at both work and in church due to my own assignments. I wasn't in the ward very often in January through March.

So.. a ward is like a congregation or parish. A Stake is like a diocese or region consisting of many wards. Probably due to the high concentration of LDS families in one area there it would be smaller than a diocese geographically, but the same idea? Would that be accurate?

I agree. I think establishing a timeline of Alex's travels (incl. identifying the vehicles he used and who may have accompanied him) might help solve several mysteries and possible crimes, including: the whereabouts of the children, the present location of Chad & Lori (if LE doesn't already know), the attempted shooting of BB, the supposed paintball gun incident, and even AC's death (if it turns out it wasn't due to natural causes).

At various times I think AC could have been driving Tylee's Jeep, or (pure speculation) CV's truck, or possibly other vehicles. He could have been accompanied by others traveling in other vehicles. Obviously if LE clarified which possibly-involved vehicles were accounted for and which were missing, it would be helpful to WS'ers, but I can understand them wanting to keep this info close to the vest.

A few of my assumptions (trigger warning - if theorizing bothers you and you prefer to only/exclusively read about established or newly uncovered facts, I suggest you skip):

-Around Aug 31 I think Tylee's Jeep was perhaps used by AC as one of two vehicles used for the trip from AZ to ID (as 5 people and their belongings might not easily fit into just one vehicle). If there was a second vehicle on the trip, I speculate that it could have been either CV's truck (an F 150 which remained at the house following the shooting?), Lori's Rogue, or even a vehicle belonging to AC's soon-to-be wife, who had an address in Gilbert, AZ (could she have been the "friend" on the trip?). Again, all speculation. There are certainly other possibilities for vehicles, but I do not think the second vehicle was AC's "car", as a previous thread post mentioned that AC had given his car to CR during this time.

-In September, if Tylee's Jeep, and possibly AC (though this is yet unproven) were involved in the 10/2 attempted shooting of BB in AZ, then AC had to have driven the Jeep back down to AZ sometime in Sept. It's even possible that the trip back down to AZ occurred in late Sept (after JJ was unenrolled on 9/24) and included the kids, but this is pure speculation.

-In Oct/Nov, in between the attempted shooting of BB in AZ on 10/2 and the sighting of AC "loading a truck" in ID on or about 11/26 (and keeping in mind that the Jeep was reportedly impounded in Dec in ID), someone (again, I think Alex) had to have driven the Jeep from AZ back up to ID in Oct. or Nov. Going a step further, if AC was perhaps involved in the reported paintball incident in ID on 10/9 involving TD (though as yet there's no factual basis for thinking this), it would further narrow the return trip window to between 10/2 and 10/9.

-11/26-12/12 If AC died in AZ on 12/12 (yet the Jeep was impounded in ID in Dec), how did AC get back down to AZ? After helping Lori pack "a truck" around 11/26, did he perhaps leave Rexburg at the same time as (or maybe even together with) Chad & Lori)? Did he (or they) head to AZ? While no autopsy results have been released on AC's death, his death seems suspicious to me (based on previous thread post, I thought the description/symptoms could fit a poisoning). AC may have known too much. If he was perhaps poisoned, who might have had motive to kill him?

Summarizing, if a detailed timeline of AC's travels could be established (incl. respective vehicle's), maybe surveillance footage or some other evidence could then be collected that would help locate the children and solve some of the mysteries of this case. Sorry if too much theorizing.
If AC drive between Idaho and Arizona, law enforcement probably already knows. Utah has been scanning license pla

My Opinion... if AC drove between ID and AZ. Through Utah, LE probably knows. Utah has been scanning the license plates of travelers on I15 for years due to the drug trafficking and the crossroads that Utah has for the country. Both north and south and east and West. This isn’t a recent article. But gives some detail into what Utah scans. 7 years ago. That would only increase.

Utah law enforcement scanning license plates

Just putting this here for safekeeping. Not sure if this particular article has been shared before. Man shot, killed by brother-in-law in Chandler; no charges filed

says Charles hit Alex with bat first.

according to a press release from Detective Seth Tyler.

Tyler said no charges were filed, but the case was forwarded for review to the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office.

So.. a ward is like a congregation or parish. A Stake is like a diocese or region consisting of many wards. Probably due to the high concentration of LDS families in one area there it would be smaller than a diocese geographically, but the same idea? Would that be accurate?
Absolutely. And a Bishop over a ward. A Stake President over a stake.

Also: Excommunication
Excommunication is the most severe Church disciplinary action. A person who is excommunicated is no longer a member of the Church. Church authorities excommunicate a person from the Church only when he has chosen to live in opposition to the Lord’s commandments and thus has disqualified himself for further membership in the Church. See also:
Church Disciplinary Councils

As far as I know Chad was not excommunicated or under disciplinary action. Anything Chad, or anyone else, may have allegedly done in secret would not be known and without knowledge of grievous sin or crime, no action would have been taken. Chad was there for Tammy's funeral, memorial service, and gone the next day.

Don't foget to take into account that Alex was in Las Vegas getting married at the end of November.

What is the source for the Jeep (the one reportedly used in the attack on Brandon) being found (impounded) in Idaho? A potential source of this info has been refuted here twice so far, so I'm wondering if you have a different one.

Absolutely. And a Bishop over a ward. A Stake President over a stake.

Also: Excommunication
Excommunication is the most severe Church disciplinary action. A person who is excommunicated is no longer a member of the Church. Church authorities excommunicate a person from the Church only when he has chosen to live in opposition to the Lord’s commandments and thus has disqualified himself for further membership in the Church. See also:
Church Disciplinary Councils

As far as I know Chad was not excommunicated or under disciplinary action. Anything Chad, or anyone else, may have allegedly done in secret would not be known and without knowledge of grievous sin or crime, no action would have been taken. Chad was there for Tammy's funeral, memorial service, and gone the next day.

haha. Ok so to clarify more (forgive me for using Protestant/catholic terminology) that is what I am most familiar with.

An LDS bishop is a local congregations(ward) pastor. An LDS stake president is more like a diocese bishop over an area of congregations/wards.

yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member