Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I wish I could remember more specifics but I read a "true crime" book many years ago that discussed the problem serial killers have of disposing of bodies. There was a killer in Providence, RI (I recall this detail because at the time I read the book I had recently been to a burial in Providence) who grew up next to a cemetery who realized the graves were dug late in the afternoon for the burials the next day. When he started killing he would take his victims to the cemetery, put them in the freshly dug grave, and cover them with an inch of dirt. The next morning a coffin would be lowered onto the body he was trying to conceal. No evidence ever connected him to the bodies, he was only caught because he confessed.
There was a woman who went missing from Greeley CO many years ago. LE knew her ex-husband was a stalker/peeper and probably killed her but only recently arrested him. He confessed and led them to her body, which he disposed of in a fresh grave at a nearby cemetery. I don’t think he had prior cemetery experience other than living near one and observing how they operated.

If anyone here remembers the case and names, please chime in. There is probably a thread here, but it was before my time. Thanks!

It almost sounded like wife swopping IMO. Very weird.

I knew this sounded familiar. In the early days of the LDS church, during Joseph Smith's time there was a large group that converted. They were originally called Cochranites, after theier original leader Jacob Cochranite. It was notorious for men taking other men's wives, and introduced polygamy (spiritual wifery) to the LDS community. Here is an article that discusses this more in depth:

Confessions of an Elder: Part 9 - A Case for Joseph Smith; A Case Against Polygamy

This may be where this cult are getting some of their strange beliefs from. MOO

Still catching up in this thread so no idea if this has already been posted. I added it to the media thread earlier

"Sources close to the investigation say detectives are waiting for the snow to melt in Yellowstone to begin searching for more clues about Tylee's whereabouts"

timestamp 2:13 in video :

personally i wonder if he is going to head in the "Lori told me they were fine" direction

did he every meet them? can it be proven he knew about them?

I am sure counsel for dear chad has been asking him to think deeply on these questions ....

Lori lied to him that she had no minor children and Chad believed it ? He never saw Tylee or Jj at the Pioneer Road apartment? Never saw any toys on the doorstep or kids belongings around the place or wheeled kids bikes into storage? What else didn't he see? Tylee driving her jeep? The nanny sees a lot just in one visit but Chad sees nothing.

It's possible, and i am sure counsel has suggested the idea to him. We know LV told Chad's family Tylee had died the year before?

One of the most obvious problems in all of this is Chad having his day in Court. Appearing as a defence witness for LV would seem to be a very very stupid idea.

If they are married, I suspect the state cannot compel testimony? Is that the case in Idaho?

He cannot claim spousal privilege.

I.R.E. 504. Husband-Wife Privilege. | Supreme Court

Still catching up in this thread so no idea if this has already been posted. I added it to the media thread earlier

"Sources close to the investigation say detectives are waiting for the snow to melt in Yellowstone to begin searching for more clues about Tylee's whereabouts"

timestamp 2:13 in video :

oh dear

Lori lied to him that she had no minor children and Chad believed it ? He never saw Tylee or Jj at the Pioneer Road apartment? Never saw any toys on the doorstep or kids belongings around the place or wheeled kids bikes into storage? What else didn't he see? Tylee driving her jeep? The nanny sees a lot just in one visit but Chad sees nothing.

I agree there may be a lot of problems with the idea, which is why I can't imagine he is in a great hurry to testify at LVs trial ;)

She may in fact be. Doesn't sound like her marriage to IP is too solid at this point. According to the BB court documents, she thinks she is "free" now that Alex is gone, somehow exempt from her conspiracy to kill her husband (which even the court documents state "is simply not the case", which hints a mocking tone - MOO). Her FB posts were clearly those of someone on the edge of a breakdown. I think if the same amount of LE showed up at her door that did the November 27 search in Rexburg (I seem to recall pics of camo clad SWAT) she'll crack. Come on Melani, you can free yourself of this burden. Do the right thing and tell LE everything you know....
but i hope they don't let her have unsupervised time with her children.
There was a woman who went missing from Greeley CO many years ago. LE knew her ex-husband was a stalker/peeper and probably killed her but only recently arrested him. He confessed and led them to her body, which he disposed of in a fresh grave at a nearby cemetery. I don’t think he had prior cemetery experience other than living near one and observing how they operated.

If anyone here remembers the case and names, please chime in. There is probably a thread here, but it was before my time. Thanks!
Well, we certainly know our POI has cemetary experience....but still seems odd to me that they might have used that experience here.

She may in fact be. Doesn't sound like her marriage to IP is too solid at this point. According to the BB court documents, she thinks she is "free" now that Alex is gone, somehow exempt from her conspiracy to kill her husband (which even the court documents state "is simply not the case", which hints a mocking tone - MOO). Her FB posts were clearly those of someone on the edge of a breakdown. I think if the same amount of LE showed up at her door that did the November 27 search in Rexburg (I seem to recall pics of camo clad SWAT) she'll crack. Come on Melani, you can free yourself of this burden. Do the right thing and tell LE everything you know....
but i hope they don't let her have unsupervised time with her children.

Well, we certainly know our POI has cemetary experience....but still seems odd to me that they might have used that experience here.
CBS this morning just did a teaser about waiting until spring to search for the kids in a new location ....
Could find nothing on their online news site.... has it been seen yet...just turned TV to CBS!!

So unless she told him or he became aware after they married on the 5th Nov. Assuming it was a legal marriage.

There is no spousal privilege for issues concerning children. Jmo

(d) Exceptions. There is no privilege under this rule:

(1) Child related communications. In a criminal or civil action or proceeding as to a communication relevant to an issue concerning the physical, mental or emotional condition of or injury to a child, or concerning the welfare of a child including, but not limited to the abuse, abandonment or neglect of a child

I.R.E. 504. Husband-Wife Privilege. | Supreme Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member