Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put my money down on "Some truth was couched within a lie." What I take from her comment to the sitter is that the plan to be in Hawaii with Chad was already in motion by September 24th....yikes.

Yes I clocked that reference. I wondered if they were going to Hawaii to make a podcast? Hopefully LE will have evidence if that happened. JMO.

I am not saying they shouldn't bother looking, but the chances of finding something are not good. All they found of the one guy who fell into one of this pots were his flip-flops and a wallet.
Enough to identify him anyway. Hopefully they will not find any evidence of Tylee there. :-(

Not the video, but the article about this woman claiming she saw Tylee at the concert has been posted numerous times. Obviously if there is a security video and she reported it to everybody, presumably authorities viewed the security video, so can we stop talking about it?

Rude! I have been following this case since the beginning and I have never seen the video or read any articles about the woman who claims she saw Tylee at a concert, not to mention the posters that have recently joined this thread and might have not seen/read about the possible concert sighting.

New info has BB claiming MBP told IP something so it's like triple hearsay. BB believes Alex was the shooter, and MBP supposedly told IP that she and her uncle were involved, according to BB, but I don't think that's what one would consider solid evidence.
LE previously arrested and interviewed MBP so must know it first hand by now. She could still be lying about who the shooter was though.

IIRC, the probable cause documents for Lori's charges/arrest mentioned Risperidone. Google says that drug can treat irritability in autism. I'm guessing it's the same med mentioned by the nanny JMO
I guess I don't understand why we keep thinking this Risperidone is really critical.. I would just think it was one of many or one of others. She might have had a different drug she was using for him, and the other one just hung around. I know it is the only one found...so far, but I just don't find it to be that critical. Can't wait for those autopsies!!!!

Rude! I have been following this case since the beginning and I have never seen the video or read any articles about the woman who claims she saw Tylee at a concert, not to mention the posters that have recently joined this thread and might have not seen/read about the possible concert sighting.
Well, I have seen it one too many times, but if people want to discuss it again, I can't stop anybody from doing so.

I guess I don't understand why we keep thinking this Risperidone is really critical.. I would just think it was one of many or one of others. She might have had a different drug she was using for him, and the other one just hung around. I know it is the only one found...so far, but I just don't find it to be that critical. Can't wait for those autopsies!!!!
I believe if mixed with something else it can induce a heart attack. Not sure though so MOO.

Just copying what @Gardener1850 posted in last thread.

"It could have been used with another drug to cause a deadly interaction. I just looked it up on drugs.com for the first time and some of the drugs that cause major interactions (red dots) are also common or easy to get prescribed: Risperidone Drug Interactions - Drugs.com

Mix it with an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication and you could get dangerous side-effects that look like a heart attack:
Citalopram and risperidone Drug Interactions - Drugs.com
Lexapro and risperidone Drug Interactions - Drugs.com

It's scary. :eek: I wouldn't be surprised if someone in this case had access to anti-depressants. Actually, did someone say Joseph Ryan was depressed before his death? Or did that info come from Lori? And the step-son who called 911 when Alex died told the operator he suffers from depression and anxiety... "

Last edited:
Good point. He might have been taking other meds too. Per the nanny, Lori was still giving him medication.

personally i wonder if he is going to head in the "Lori told me they were fine" direction

did he every meet them? can it be proven he knew about them?

I am sure counsel for dear chad has been asking him to think deeply on these questions ....

At the very least, he knew about the existence of the children when the Rexburg PD showed up to do the welfare check on them on November 26. You know, that one day day when he acted as if the beach wedding pictures of the two of them from three weeks earlier had been some kind of modeling gig. That day when he "barely knew" his wife.

He's going to need some seriously good luck to convince anyone that he never once, in the three months since that day, felt the need to inquire a little bit into when her 7 year-old boy with autism (the one living...somehwere? with....someone? and without any of his usual supports) was going to be reunited with his mother? He was satisfied that JJ was "just fine."

That's gonna be a tough sale.

Anti-psychotics like risperidone could increase risk of sudden cardiac death, but it's a rare side effect. I don't think it would be a good drug to use in murder, because obviously not everyone will have this side effect.
"All antipsychotics have been associated with the risk of sudden cardiac death due to an arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat). To minimize this risk, antipsychotic medications should be used in the smallest effective dose when the benefits outweigh the risks. Your doctor may order an EKG to monitor for irregular heartbeat."
Risperidone (Risperdal) | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

Did the nanny actually see evidence of Tylee or not? She mentioned something about Tylee wanting to be paid for watching JJ and that was why Lori got her to sit instead. Is there a transcript or copy of her statement?

If Tylee would watch JJ if she was paid for it, could that be where they are? Tylee being paid to watch and keep Jj hidden somewhere?

Did the nanny actually see evidence of Tylee or not? She mentioned something about Tylee wanting to be paid for watching JJ and that was why Lori got her to sit instead. Is there a transcript or copy of her statement?

If Tylee would watch JJ if she was paid for it, could that be where they are? Tylee being paid to watch and keep Jj hidden somewhere?
Nanny didn't see Tylee. Not sure why Lori would get nanny instead of Tylee (if Tylee wanted to be paid for babysitting), because nanny also wanted to be paid.
"“Her daughter also lives in Rexburg and is going to college,” the nanny remembered, of what Lori told her. “She said her daughter doesn’t like to babysit JJ without being paid so she wanted me to work for her. Occasionally her daughter would come visit for dinner or to do laundry, but she never said that she lived there with them. It appeared that only Lori and JJ lived there, from the look of things and from what she told me.”"
Missing Idaho kid's nanny recounts experience with Lori Vallow days before disappearance

Last edited:

There was some discussion early on that there was a controlled drug that hadn't been filled during the timeframe JJ was thought to be missing. Risperdal isn't controlled, so there could have been additional medication(s) prescribed for JJ.

Anti-psychotics like risperidone could increase risk of sudden cardiac death, but it's a rare side effect. I don't think it would be a good drug to use in murder, because obviously not everyone will have this side effect.
"All antipsychotics have been associated with the risk of sudden cardiac death due to an arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat). To minimize this risk, antipsychotic medications should be used in the smallest effective dose when the benefits outweigh the risks. Your doctor may order an EKG to monitor for irregular heartbeat."
Risperidone (Risperdal) | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
and if they used it, it wouldn't be around. I feel certain it is just a leftover... No one has mentioned where any of JJ's other drugs are...he had to be taking that sleeping med, right? Don't think LE has any of the others...

and if they used it, it wouldn't be around. I feel certain it is just a leftover... No one has mentioned where any of JJ's other drugs are...he had to be taking that sleeping med, right? Don't think LE has any of the others...

Risperdal could have been the "sleeping med" that was referred to. It's not a "sleeping med," of course, but it sounds like from the sitter's description, they taking advantage of that side effect.

I'm guessing the investigators have visited pharmacies in a few states and have records of whatever medications everyone involved had access to....

I agree I think there is some truth in every lie she tells. Shows how spiteful Lori is, doesn't it? Tylee wants to be paid so she pays a stranger instead. It seems Tylee outlived her usefulness to Lori.

Last edited:

@Sulamith - Read the comments here

Timeline of Events Around the Disappearance of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow - Annielytics.com

This information was released right after the Dateline episode. IMO this woman is not a reliable source. As stated many, many times in the previous threads. Not at all trying to be rude by any means.

The two felony counts include desertion and non-support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member