Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I remember about the early history in the LDS church. It's called "blood atonement".
I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but may have been where CD & LVD got their twisted idea for for killing CV, & TD. Potentially the kids, which I am about 90/10 on (Dead/alive). Still have a little hope left though.

This is one of those things that you hear about, you read what it is, and for me, I personally reject it.
Fortunately, even though we believe in a Modern day Prophet, we also believe that no man is infallible.
Although there is a stigma for some to have Blind Faith, something even prophets have warned members about. Which may explain why some members are so easily swayed into these fringe cults. JMO

Since this is an old teaching, that I am not very familiar with, I am just going to link to a website that explains it better than I can:

Blood Atonement - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism

MOO

Regarding the bail amount. I know it’s satisfying for most of us to see it upheld but the post about bail amounts noting Hawaiian Supreme Court decisions gives judges guidance. In this case though, it’s not like LVD committed a couple of Class B felonies last week and just got arrested. It’s the totality of evidence and previous actions on her part that likely constituted the Idaho judge to set that bail and convinced the judge in Hawaii to confirm/set it. She sure was quick to bring out the waiver when bail was not reduced. Makes you go hmmm

I have to agree with the poster who is also a local, that this is an extraordinarily high amount of bail that is never seen in Hawaii. I’ve been here 40+ years, murderers, child rapists, one notorious murder for hire case where two people were killed, never seen a bail like this. She’s charged with class B Felonies, not class A. And let’s remember that she is charged at this point and therefore alleged. Many on here may believe that she has committed murder or other heinous crimes but none of that has been proven, certainly not in a court of law.

Also, To my knowledge she has never been convicted previously of any felonies. Flight risk, yes, but it’s not like she can drive somewhere. The only option to get off that Island undetected would be by boat or private jet and even the private jet is questionable with the high profile nature of this case. IMO Not that easy to charter a private boat either, and it would have to be one that is quite seaworthy as Hawaii is the furthest from a mass body of land of any island or island group on the planet (That last portion is not my opinion, it is fact).

“Hawaii

The Hawaiian island chain, or archipelago, is the most geographically isolated group of islands on Earth. Located more than 2,000 miles from the nearest continental land mass, the chain of volcanic islands is home to a wide range of flora and fauna that exist only in Hawaii.Dec 1, 2014”

My (native Hawaiian mix) partner is now following the case through asking me frequently what is going on. When I mentioned Lori is going back to Idaho her response was "That's good. She's in serious danger in jail her. Those local girls are not going to think much of some haole who hurt her kids."

I totally agree, and it was totally unprompted. I'm sure Lori has been protected by her jailors as she should be. Note the special treatment in allowing Chad to visit. Jail rules require 7 days to approve a visit so rules were bent. But jail is not a safe place for Lori. Inmate takeovers are not unusual and security is lax. People walk away on an almost weekly basis. If the titas had an opportunity I think having a bad hair day would be the least of her worries.

I've seen island girls go at it, it's ugly. :eek:

Okay, I will play along, for the sake of civil debate. First, regarding the bail amount, would you provide a Hawaii legal statute, regarding the current amount of bail for Lori Vallow? MOO
I did earlier in the thread. Cited case and everything. Bottom line is that Hawaii Supreme Court ruled $300,000 was excessive for a first degree murder charge and reduced to $100,000. HRS 832-14 through 16 govern bail but the bottom line there is the judge has a great deal of discretion. The Hawaii Constitution though has a prohibition on excessive bail so the discretion has to be exercised within that and that's where the case law says $5 million should be excessive.

But I'm not disappointed the bail amount was confirmed and that made her choose to go home early. Just answering your request for a statute

I can say that there is a certain forum that has some very interesting information on it right now.

That being said, I think that when we were all talking about Temples, there is a lot more to it than we all thought. Not sure the significance, but it seems to be important to a certain group that can't be named. (Why do I feel like I am writing a Harry Potter story? Voldemort, has anyone seen Voldemort.) :) MOO

They reported it as a “separate visit”. Perhaps conjugal? :confused::eek:o_O
I don't think it was conjugal. I think they meant outside of the regular rules and times and separate from the normal visitation area. If you read the rules you see that it takes 7 days minimum to get on a visitor list. Until Friday she was in "cellblock" which is a different holding facility apart from KCCC. Since only 5 days have elapsed since she was put in KCCC, rules were bent. Bent meaning the warden apparently has discretion to do so but that is not something most prisoners get so definitely special treatment. Not surprising given the international attention. If there is anything Hawaii works hard at, it is to appear safe and civilized to the entire world of potential tourists.

So I see dear Lori's fantasies of RELIGIOUS FREEDOMZ did not survive contact with felony charges ;)

No doubt counsel had to drum some sense it to her, assisted by a few more days as a guest of the state of Hawaii

As I argued earlier, it made no sense at all to oppose extradition, which would serve only to extend her time locked up in a state jail. Much better to return to Idaho, face the substantive charges and try to achieve bail back there.

So after the judge stood firm on the 5 million (again), I started wondering again what the judge knows that we don’t. It has to be more than a flight risk. They let LV roam free for over 5 months. I wonder if autopsy results have come in and that information just hasn’t been released.
LV looked like hell today. I kept thinking just tell them where your children are and a big part of this would be over...or not...maybe this story is just starting. Crazy.

I did earlier in the thread. Cited case and everything. Bottom line is that Hawaii Supreme Court ruled $300,000 was excessive for a first degree murder charge and reduced to $100,000. HRS 832-14 through 16 govern bail but the bottom line there is the judge has a great deal of discretion. The Hawaii Constitution though has a prohibition on excessive bail so the discretion has to be exercised within that and that's where the case law says $5 million should be excessive.

But I'm not disappointed the bail amount was confirmed and that made her choose to go home early. Just answering your request for a statute

With regards to the information you provide, it seems to be an extraordinary case. MOO

MOO, if you could read the purported letter, from MB to BB, your professional judgement might be clouded. In the absence of knowing the content of the letter, what are your thoughts on the case?

Surprising comment, it was verified through MSM and others (probably LE) that CD and LV had travel plans to Mexico. MOO
Can you point us to where it was verified? I ask only because I have mostly discounted anything said that is not backed up by a more confident source and as of now the Mexico claim falls in that category. If it has been substantiated somewhere by LE, in an affidavit, or elsewhere I would definitely give it more weight.

In a similar vein, I commented earlier today about how so much of what we know about several individuals is based on divorce documents. When I got divorced my ex made all sorts of provably false claims out of anger. She really lost it and made similar threats to what Lori did - vowed to ruin me financially for example. I took the high road and know her well enough to know that if someone turned up dead it would not have been her. But her threats and accusations were eerily similar to those of Melani and Lori. She never made any of those under oath though because she wouldn't.

I have to compare Melani issuing a letter through her attorney with Brandon making a sworn statement to a court and decide which to give more credit to. Does that mean Melani is lying? Not necessarily. But if Brandon watched *advertiser censored* and had a few gay affairs is that really equivalent to trying to kill someone? That may be a matter of opinion for some but to me it's pretty clear. That's also why Arizona prohibits testimony regarding marital behavior in divorce cases. It's entirely irrelevant in a no-fault state and I'm sure judges are far too familiar with this pattern.

If they did indeed buy tickets to Mexico that would seriously sway my opinion. But I need better evidence than I am currently aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487