Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at some LDS boards. It appears that a lot of LDS folks were onto Chad & Co's modus operandi years ago. And if I remember correctly, an LDS member who posts here mentioned something about concern on the part of officials in the LDS Church about their activity.

Yes, from my understanding this is true.

However, and this is definitely just my opinion here, as I have no first-hand knowledge, my sense is that LDS leaders' main concern was people being led out of conventional LDS belief (in other words an internal matter of orthodoxy). I don't think they, or really anyone else, anticipated a possible string of murders and disappearances.

I had originally thought that the argument between AC and LV was something to do with the "whole family". Now I think it was to do with some botched effort to off CV while she was in HI.
omg reading this i just had a sudden thought-- ive been trying to work out that remark overheard by the neighbor too and couldnt make it fit the context before BUT WHAT IF 'bringing shame on The Whole Family' had everything to do with this NEW *FAMILY* (cult) they had both become thoroughly a part of?
i'm listening to The Podcast on soundcloud today, so far only about 1/4 way through...having to take in small chunks and then a break, much of the lingo is rather triggering for me... one thing really stands out tho is how many Youre One Of Us Now references there are. This didnt start at Lori's new involvement! Altho granted she and Chad *may* have ultimately taken it all to awhole new level...

Indicolite22 posted on Thread #22, page 61, post 1204:
Melani's lawyer said after her court appearance (seen in Justin Lum's video) that the media should not be taking Charles' divorce statements that Lori claimed she was a god as fact. It looks like they are not only defending Melani, but Lori as well.

Neither of these lawyers are listed with Idaho Bar. Attorney Roster Search
Mr. Jarvis seems to specialize in criminal law, so it will be interesting how he pursues such a contentious family litigation.
Interesting tidbit here on Mr. Smith, Esq. : Garrett Smith | Mesa, AZ, Maricopa County Attorney
well... thank you for this! We will want to know more about him for sure. Wonder if his name is on any other cox family business... Fourth Amendment!!! Suspensions/Reprimands!

But BigAl...I agree with one of the statements made... I bet our ol anti-government Cox's believe they could get away with it!!!

I can certainly see certain types of people thinking it would work and even oversimplifying the concept to some degree and yes, anti-government types would seem to be one of those types. But I keep going back to the discussion we had on the logical ways to even get into the area and it is pretty clear that it requires being in the small portion of Yellowstone that is in Idaho. That isn't going to be done via West Yellowstone by anyone with half a brain.

MOO

I think Chad has always been socially awkward, I think he has passed that on, and I think a major reason he so loved speaking at the conferences and campouts is he could be the coolest of the socially awkward kids. So I think having Lori become enamored of him, sheesh, imagine being the school geek and the head cheerleader falling in love with you? Heady stuff. MOO

This is so true. I grew up in the 80's and 90's, the cliques was a very real thing. There's a reason you see it in a lot of the movies around that same time.

Apparently, it's not so much of a thing now. My kids don't really relate to it, they actually find it funny when they see it in movies from that time period. However, they did really like the movie "Don't Buy Me Love".

There is a reason that the stereotype is for the H.S. Head Cheerleader would date the Quarterback, and they would be promoted to Prom King and Queen. It actually happened way too often back then.

I am sure that Chad marrying LVD had a lot to do with him fantasizing about dating a cheerleader, that was out of his league. MOO

If they are not listed with the Idaho Bar, what does that mean in reality? Are they still considered officers of the court in a court of law? Do they need and have licences to practice law in Idaho or can a defendant have anyone they want to represent them, even an unqualified lay person, for example ?

I'm not sure why Idaho would be pertinent here. MB and BB's divorce is an AZ matter.

If they are not listed with the Idaho Bar, what does that mean in reality? Are they still considered officers of the court in a court of law? Do they need and have licences to practice law in Idaho or can a defendant have anyone they want to represent them, even an unqualified lay person, for example ?

I think it means that the case (Melani's) is in Arizona, not Idaho.

Prior to her excommunication (which you can find a ton of things about using her name and the obvious additional keyword, but not MSM) there was this which surely qualifies as MSM that talks about Julie Rowe's failed end-of-days prediction and has a quote from the church distancing themselves from her and the predictions.

Once in a Blood Moon: Some Utah Mormons Are Stockpiling for the 'End of Days' This Sunday
That's a good article. She actually ended up not wanting media to contact her anymore.

"Rowe, who is now declining interviews, told Fox News Radio in January that she decided to speak up about her visions to “wake more of us up.”

“We need each other as we unify in righteousness and continue to build a righteous army,” she said. “When we need to defend the (U.S.) Constitution, we will be ready.”

Last edited:
I feel like Charles was likely the person who kept JJ safe and met his needs (getting him the service dog etc) and once he was dead Lori no longer wanted a lifelong connection to that side of the family. Which JJ as CV's sisters grandson would have meant. Her actions, selling Dog/ pulling him out of his school/ telling the nanny that his meds make him sleepy and she will sometimes give them early to get a "break" . All point to her seeing him as a road block to her "fabulous life". Even before that when she took just Tylee to Hawaii, leaving JJ (with CV living in Tx) for around a month.

I also think that poor JJ really did love her and had bonded b/c the nanny said he was very upset when she left, and had a melt down about it at times. MOO

I really wonder what happened with Tylee, b/c that relationship at least outwardly seemed very close?!
I totally agree with you about Charles being JJs anchor and protector. Once Charles was gone, I think Lori thought of JJ as some kind of bargaining chip, not as a kid who just wanted a stable, secure, loving home. In her eyes, he was flawed, demanding and sometimes a PIA. She very well may have given him back to the Woodcocks, but once she found out that Charles had changed his will and the Woodcocks got everything, she kept JJ, not because she cared about him, but to spite the Woodcocks. Eventually she got rid of him because he was an obstacle to her new child free life with Chad. He was collateral damage, unlike Tylee.

I think she killed Tylee because she was a witness to the murder of Charles and lied to the police about the death. Tylee's testimony could have put Lori in jail for a long time. I am convinced that Tammy and Alex were killed by the same method--something that would kill them quickly overnight, but is obscure enough that an ME wouldn't pick up on it. She killed Alex because he had done tons of dirty work for her, but now she was done with him. She got rid of both people who could connect her to Charles' murder. And we know why Tammy died.
All of this is totally my opinion.

Indicolite22 posted on Thread #22, page 61, post 1204:
Melani's lawyer said after her court appearance (seen in Justin Lum's video) that the media should not be taking Charles' divorce statements that Lori claimed she was a god as fact. It looks like they are not only defending Melani, but Lori as well.

Neither of these lawyers are listed with Idaho Bar. Attorney Roster Search
Mr. Jarvis seems to specialize in criminal law, so it will be interesting how he pursues such a contentious family litigation.
Interesting tidbit here on Mr. Smith, Esq. : Garrett Smith | Mesa, AZ, Maricopa County Attorney
well... thank you for this! We will want to know more about him for sure. Wonder if his name is on any other cox family business... Fourth Amendment!!! Suspensions/
How early can ASD be diagnosed?
Good Q. As I keep thinking about JJ, I keep thinking about all the kids I have known who have been diagnosed with ASD...and all but one were after 2.5 years old. The one child was earlier because of extreme behavioural/growth issues.... but i know we have real experts here for more detail.
Reprimands!

Yes, from my understanding this is true.

However, and this is definitely just my opinion here, as I have no first-hand knowledge, my sense is that LDS leaders' main concern was people being led out of conventional LDS belief (in other words an internal matter of orthodoxy). I don't think they, or really anyone else, anticipated a possible string of murders and disappearances.
That's how I understood it, yes, and thanks.

I'm not sure why Idaho would be pertinent here. MB and BB's divorce is an AZ matter.
Oh right. Complicated then. So what they are saying will have no relevance to Lori's charges unless LE want to link the murder attempt on BB to her in some way.
ETA. The missing kids are an Idaho crime. The possible conspiracy to murder charges would be Arizona felonies regarding, CV and BB, but Idaho felonies regarding Tylee, Jj and Tammy.

Last edited:
Prior to her excommunication (which you can find a ton of things about using her name and the obvious additional keyword, but not MSM) there was this which surely qualifies as MSM that talks about Julie Rowe's failed end-of-days prediction and has a quote from the church distancing themselves from her and the predictions.

Once in a Blood Moon: Some Utah Mormons Are Stockpiling for the 'End of Days' This Sunday

Crazy stuff. I'm listening to one of her podcasts! She marketed herself (as Chad did and sometimes with Chad) to LDS, but she comes across as a loony psychic! Another thing I have noticed is that she's crafty in doing so. She starts off slowly, with basic notions that ordinary people might entertain; she then builds on that to get to a level that is just wild.

Thank you too!! I so agree, finding the kids whether alive or passed on, is the most important. Chad def. knows IMO.

I might be able to help you with where Chad stayed, According to his brother?! (same tubing pic's etc) Chads mom rented a cabin in the Bills Island area of Island Park and the falls are up river near a place called Henry's Fork, I think.

Any potential area's that link to CV I think are helpfull! <3

For those looking on a map, Henry's Fork is a shorter version of the full name, "Henry's Fork of the Snake River," and is the river that runs through Island Park. Mesa Falls is actually down river (south) from Island Park on the same river. The river continues south, skirting around Salem where Chad lived just a few miles south of the river and to the southwest of Rexburg where it runs into the main branch of the Snake River.

Thanks for finding this. I think it's important for how we think of the case.

We've been more or less taking what BB had claimed about MbP as established fact (or at least tending in that direction), but we may need to slow down and recognize that LE is not (at least publicly) there with us yet.
I hope it is just that FBI has told LI to stay away from investigating the Cult group.

Whoa...Jason Mow who did the preparing a people podcast a few posts up (thanks for posting! I don't know how to credit the person who did) with Lori and Chad and Melanie Gibb used to be a cop in PHX? Interesting considering how the Chandler police (mis)handled the Charles Vallow investigation. Insider influence? Jason Mow said he retired in 2017, but maybe he had friends?
More history than that. "retired"---?? I just don't think we can talk about him...but I think most of know we want to.

Here is a question that has been gnawing at me lately. The lawyer called her Miss/Ms. Vallow. When I checked the offender records to see if she was still incarcerated in Hawaii, she is listed under LV. Which would have to be under her legal name? Did she keep her last name - WHY? Did they actually legally get married? I don’t think anyone has seen a marriage certificate yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487