Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The next hearing that happens is the Preliminary Hearing. If you are in custody, the hearing must occur within 14 days; if you are out of custody, the hearing must occur within 21 days.
<snip>
this just jumped out at me for a reason to keep Lori in custody. with children missing, why delay the trial process if you didn't have to?
JMO

Remember, even if all they can effectively charge Lori with are the abandonment charges, she'll likely be going away a long time. She could be 79 years old before her date is up. In other countries, 30 years might be the punishment she'd get for murder (afaik). Plus if they can't prove whether it was Alex vs Lori vs Chad who did any actual killing, they may still charge conspiracy to murder. iirc, one of the warrants used early mentioned conspiracy charges.
- JMO
I know we all want to see her punished severely for her crimes. What she and Alex got away with in the "self defense" murder (so far) of CV is enraging. Everything I know about him makes me think he was a big-hearted and generous person... but his death is still being investigated.

Any lawyers or those otherwise in the know want to chime in on this? What other charges could she or Chad face r/t the murders aside from being charged with committing the act first hand?
I'm thinking accessory after the fact and/or failure to report crime against a child - but I don't know specifically whether these are enshrined in Idaho criminal law (assuming they try to use the Alex did it defense).

moo

Look how we are all feeling seeing those pictures. I would imagine that ALL of Rexburg is rumbling and feeling the same gut punch feelings we have. Now I am wondering if Chad will go to court tomorrow....
If he doesn’t it will be because he’s a coward rather than remorseful or ashamed. He clearly doesn’t feel an iota of guilt about anything. All his actions and Lori’s actions are completely justified, even glorious. We are just too stupid and unenlightened to understand. MOO

I'm thinking accessory after the fact and/or failure to report crime against a child - but I don't know specifically whether these are enshrined in Idaho criminal law (assuming they try to use the Alex did it defense).

moo
aiding and abetting - Idaho

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 2
PERSONS LIABLE, PRINCIPALS AND ACCESSORIES
18-204. PRINCIPALS DEFINED. All persons concerned in the commission of a crime, whether it be felony or misdemeanor, and whether they directly commit the act constituting the offense or aid and abet in its commission, or, not being present, have advised and encouraged its commission, or who, by fraud, contrivance, or force, occasion the intoxication of another for the purpose of causing him to commit any crime, or who, by threats, menaces, command or coercion, compel another to commit any crime, are principals in any crime so committed.
History:
[18-204, added 1972, ch. 336, sec. 1, p. 849; am. 1994, ch. 131, sec. 2, p. 297.]
Section 18-204 – Idaho State Legislature

(I am not a lawyer - this info could be out of date)

Lol. LE looked completely OK with letting Nate go at her.
You gotta love it! In Hawaii Lori had to wonder “who the Hell is this guy”? And now, weeks later and thousands of miles away Nate suddenly shows up in her face again w/that microphone and his endless questions. Tonight he’ll pop up w/no warning in her dreams, and she’ll wake w/a start to the sight of her cell. As she should.

Sure. Those reviews of Mr. Means say a lot about "family court" and "custody battle", so I bet that's where his expertise is supposed to come in.

However, I'm also fascinated with where Lori thinks she's going with this, because if she thinks she needs an attorney to fight for custody, she'd better provide the court with some living minors.

LOL. No, seriously, I did. Like a goose honking with coffee in my mouth.

I'm with you on the first group. I've watched it a score of times and am about 95% certain that's them. Watching it at 25% speed helps.

Video feed cuts in at 11:18:53 (15:36 on YouTube) and in the bottom left corner you see two adults emerge from the trees walking away from the camera. The first one appears to be Alex, as he's wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans, like we see in the photo. The second person appears to be Lori and they are wearing a dark hoodie with a white emblem on the front and white pants. In the photo of her we only see her upper body, but she's wearing a dark hoodie and you can barely make out a white emblem on the front, which is mostly covered by her hair.

At 11:18:56 [Lori] stops, turns around facing the camera, and waits for two [children] to catch up. It is here where you can see the white emblem on the front of her dark hoodie. At 11:18:59 [Alex] stops and turns around also. At this point the two [children] emerge from the trees also. The first one appears to be JJ as he's wearing a darkish [green?] sweater and dark shorts (you can see his calves), as seen in the photo. The second appears to be Tylee as she's wearing a light grey jacket. Where I'm uncertain is it looks like she's also wearing light grey pants, whereas in the photo Tylee is wearing black pants.

At 11:19:00 [Tylee] and [JJ] catch up to [Lori] whereupon she turns back around and begins walking again. Seconds later, at 11:19:04 [Alex] turns back around and begins walking again. This shows that these four are definitely together as a group. At this point two other adults emerge from behind the same trees, just behind the group of four.

From 11:19:13 to 11:19:30 it's hard to make out what is happening. The group of four pass behind the next set of trees, followed quickly by the group of two. As they emerge it appears that the group of two are bypassing the group of four. Yet it no longer appears to be a group of four but rather a group of three...?

Up until the video feed is interrupted at 11:20:06 I can't make sense of what I'm looking at. The group of two hurriedly make their way far ahead of what is supposed to be the group of four. But it seems quite clear that the group of four is now a group of three...

Ok, I've watched it several more times now and I've figured it out! It has become a group of three. The three are [Lori], [Tylee], and [JJ], and they continue on ahead until the feed is interrupted. [Alex], for whatever reason, stops at 11:19:13 behind the tree and appears to bend down. He stays hidden in this position until 11:19:53, a good 40 seconds, when he finally gets back up and continues walking forward at a leisurely pace. What's he doing? Tying his shoes? Looking at something? Collecting some nasty swamp goop for future use? o_O

Whatever he's doing nobody seems to have noticed, except [Lori] who turns around briefly at 11:19:23 to look at him and then continues walking forward with the [children].

:eek: Wow. Could that be why Alex's jeans look dirty in the photo? His T-shirt has a spot on it too. It looks like Alex crawled through mud, while the kids clothes are clean.

jj-tylee-vallow-yellowstone-ap-jef-200305_hpEmbed_3x4_608.jpg

New photos show missing Idaho kids in Yellowstone before disappearance

So, it looks like AC's widow, ZP, filed docs in Maricopa County Probate Court on Feb. 4, 2020 and the case has been continuing. Conversely, CV's case in Houston notes that no will has yet been filed. Interesting because the survivors of all of the deceased in this case certainly haven't wasted time checking or cashing in on insurance policies and in AC's case, filing in probate. The survivors certainly seemed focused on the $$$$ above all else
.Cox.JPG vallow.JPG

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

New request for information from defense to prosecution. It's very specific and interesting read. Would like to know others thoughts.

View attachment 236725 View attachment 236726 View attachment 236727 View attachment 236728

The new filing seems to put a lot of focus IMO on communications from a Victim Witness Coordinator. I wasn't able to find a description of that position for Madison County, Idaho, but here is a partial description of what a Victim Witness Coordinator does from the Ada County, Idaho website:

Victim services may include accompanying crime victims to court; notification of significant court events; referral to appropriate support services; help determining and requesting restitution and the return of property; providing information about the conviction, sentencing, imprisonment and release of an offender. The Victim-Witness Coordinator works closely with the assigned deputy prosecutor to ensure that a crime victim is kept apprised about any developments in the criminal case

Victim Witness - Ada County Prosecutor

This is a short gif of Lori landing in the Governor's puddle jumper. A neat point in time... hours later (today) she is going to be live streamed in the Idaho courtroom.

Seeing her arrive in a high profile affair like this, I am now convinced she won't be able to make bail.
Nate Eaton on Twitter

Tiny matter in case you missed it. That is a state police plane. Jmo

So, it looks like AC's widow, ZP, filed docs in Maricopa County Probate Court on Feb. 4, 2020 and the case has been continuing. Conversely, CV's case in Houston notes that no will has yet been filed. Interesting because the survivors of all of the deceased in this case certainly haven't wasted time checking or cashing in on insurance policies and in AC's case, filing in probate. The survivors certainly seemed focused on the $$$$ above all else
.View attachment 236756 View attachment 236757

Did ZP remarry?????

Nate Eaton - Reporter
7 hrs ·
DAY 65: This is Justin. It’s rare that two local reporters in different states cover the same thing so intensely for months, but such has been the case since December. He lives in Arizona and is doing a phenomenal job uncovering new details on a constantly changing story. We’ve messaged back and forth over the past few weeks but finally met today. Justin’s a good guy after the truth - and he’s made my life better!

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
6 hrs ·
Two journalists bonded by a story a handful of newsrooms dug into. This man works hard and more importantly you can tell he loves what he does. Thank you Nate.

I love this. Both these guys have gone after this story with such a passion to bring the truth out. We wouldn't have half of the story if it wasn't for their journalistic efforts. They have both shown tenacity with integrity to only report info they can independently verify. These men are going places in the world of journalism. I could see Nate as the next Dateline anchor and Justin hosting a nationwide morning show in the future. I wish them all the best in whatever they do.

MOO.

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

New request for information from defense to prosecution. It's very specific and interesting read. Would like to know others thoughts.

View attachment 236725 View attachment 236726 View attachment 236727 View attachment 236728
In regards to the background of the lawyers themselves, Edwina Elcox is "dedicated to vigorously defending her clients, upholding their rights, and aggressively pursuing the government when her clients’ rights have been violated," according to the Brian Webb website. Brian Webb specializes in business, real estate and estate planning. Means = family law. Based on this team, we can sort of see where her defense is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper