Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get the edit to work, figured I should add a source:

Vallow is 46 years of age, 5’6” tall, 125 lbs. has blond hair and blue eyes. Daybell is 51 years of age, 6’3” tall 230 lbs. has brown hair and blue eyes. “Anyone with information is asked to contact the Rexburg Police Department or your local FBI field office,” they wrote.
Lori Vallow: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

That's very possible!

I know Colby will have his wife with him, but this just eats me up. Married, child, no matter, he is still young. I hope LW is there to catch him when he falls if need be. He has no father figure any longer and I've personally got no idea if he's close to his uncle AdC. Jmo
LW and CR may have to catch each other. What a horrible ordeal that they, and KW, are facing today

Does anyone know what Idaho Police are being referred to in this story?

“We’re concerned for another reason. Yesterday, when she was arrested, and my office was calling cell block … and we were told she wasn’t here and basically she was MIA for hours. And we learned later that the Idaho police were questioning her with the Kauai police while they knew she was represented by counsel,” Hempey said.

Lori Vallow appears in court, fights extradition

So a thought, could the Idaho police they are referring to be from Ada county?

It's Lori's Kauai defense counsel that was making the claim she was being questioned by Idaho police without her attorney present. It might not even be true. How would he know that happened, unless Lori claimed it happened? Even if she was being questioned, she might have only assumed they were police from Idaho because her charges came from Idaho. If Idaho investigators were there for her arrest, I think it more likely that FBI agents or detectives from Madison county, ID had stayed in Hawaii to run surveillance on Lori and Chad. MOO.

If I am reading this correctly, Old Faithful erupted at 11:06 and 12:43 on September 8th (plus other times but those seem to be the closest to our conjectured timeline). Here's the log for that day:

Geyser Log for 2019-09-08

code definitions: Glossary of Terms

@Trask that is one of my favorite things to do too, especially when I am locked in an office all day!

Loving the sleuthing.

I can't see what other are seeing on the video. So for the moment I think we should include the possibility of all the eruptions.
Old Faithful

[URL='https://geysertimes.org/eruption.php?id=1146920']1106

1244[/URL]

Prehaps we could rule out the other times by weather or something else. It is then a strong case for video and I'm blind or its not the right group.

Does anyone know what Idaho Police are being referred to in this story?

“We’re concerned for another reason. Yesterday, when she was arrested, and my office was calling cell block … and we were told she wasn’t here and basically she was MIA for hours. And we learned later that the Idaho police were questioning her with the Kauai police while they knew she was represented by counsel,” Hempey said.

Lori Vallow appears in court, fights extradition

So a thought, could the Idaho police they are referring to be from Ada county?

I think that is possible as she was in transit at LAX and at Boise so those could be the missing hours. She would have to have been in police custody the whole time she was being transported. IMO they had to communicate with her so I think the attorneys are just surmising that info.

I think that is possible as she was in transit at LAX and at Boise so those could be the missing hours. She would have to have been in police custody the whole time she was being transported. IMO they had to communicate with her so I think the attorneys are just surmising that info.

The attorney made the claim before she left Hawaii so this was before that.

It seems as if they may be aiming to get some sort of evidence that the initial call that kicked this off came into Rexburg PD, either directly by KW or by AZ police on behalf of KW. If I am right about that, it could be that the defense may try to argue that KW had no right to initiate a welfare check and thus these charges must be dismissed because they derive from a person they believe has no right to initiate a welfare check. That will fall on its face, if that is their aim. Anyone can contact law enforcement about any other person to initiate a welfare check and so long as law enforcement has a reasonable belief that there is good reason to conduct a welfare check they will do so. Law enforcement is under no obligation to investigate the caller to learn of the caller's motives - if any.

I think that there is a chance that the defense might argue that Lori lied because she didn't want KW to know where JJ is. However, the law is that law enforcement cannot tell anyone (including KW) where JJ is once they know and he has been seen physically by law enforcement and Lori (actually everyone) is expected to be fully aware and understanding of all laws i.e. ignorance of the law is not an excuse - especially the laws that are beneficial, rather than detrimental, to her in that situation.

It is entirely possible that the defense argument will be that law enforcement, and the State of Idaho, are acting as conspirators in order to take JJ. I half expect some kind of conspiracy nutjob accusation wherein law enforcement is conspiring to take children to give to pedophile rings which is a popular conspiracy theory on the conspiracy sites (they really, really, believe that kind of stuff).

The defense will get some of the stuff they are asking for. I doubt that they will get unredacted recordings or notes where there is any discussion of potential crimes she hasn't been charged with that are, or were, under investigation. Based on the wording it seems very possible that what they request also includes tips submitted by the public.

I wonder whether her attorney will have anything to say today.

Another thought is that they are flinging a wide net in the hope they get given something they can use to get the charges thrown out, like an illegal search or something like that.

Also if LV was still using CV funds and cards (eg. To purchase an Amazon item) then if KW is CV executor, she had a right to know where Lori and JJ were anyway, as well as being concerned for his safety due to not having heard from him for 3 months. So Idaho can easily argue they were solely acting for the welfare of the child, who had not been heard from for some time. MOO.

Last edited:
The attorney made the claim before she left Hawaii so this was before that.
So what missing hours do they mean then, before or after the Kauai extradition court appearance? When she was still in the custody of Kauai police?

(Is Hempey the Kauai attorney or Idaho attorney? I am unable to access the link.)

Remember, even if all they can effectively charge Lori with are the abandonment charges, she'll likely be going away a long time. She could be 79 years old before her date is up. In other countries, 30 years might be the punishment she'd get for murder (afaik). Plus if they can't prove whether it was Alex vs Lori vs Chad who did any actual killing, they may still charge conspiracy to murder. iirc, one of the warrants used early mentioned conspiracy charges.
- JMO
I know we all want to see her punished severely for her crimes. What she and Alex got away with in the "self defense" murder (so far) of CV is enraging. Everything I know about him makes me think he was a big-hearted and generous person... but his death is still being investigated.

Any lawyers or those otherwise in the know want to chime in on this? What other charges could she or Chad face r/t the murders aside from being charged with committing the act first hand?

Does anyone know if Idaho has "Conspiracy to Commit Murder" laws ? Are penalties consistent with charges for murder? If so, it might not be necessary to have evidence of a party committing the actual murder(s); the person may only need to have committed acts they know are part of a plan to facilitate the murder and/or concealment of it and/or tampering with or destruction of evidence related to it.

VINELink

Good morning Friday March 6,2020 ..
Marking my place with what we all have been waiting for...Lori waking up in Madison County Jail. I will watch for new footwear in Idaho since the size 15 shower slides were left in Kauai. I wonder when reality sets in...Maybe this afternoon seeing a few familiar faces she has not seen in a long time Colby,
Kay & Larry and her partner in this crime Chad. MOO

LORI N VALLOW

Custody Record
jpeg

Age46
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
ID: Madison County Sheriff's Office
ID Number174174
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody DetailMadison County Detention Center

Making sure you saw this for your daily updates. Lori's new outfit is orange and white (it's either stripes offset at the side seam or checkers). Can't see her footwear:
ESZbZY7WsAEA9Vs

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

I am still really curious the meaning of the tag on Alex’s truck. Does anyone know what he did before becoming a truck driver? Was he ever in the mortgage industry, loans or real estate?

I know some states you leave the tag with vehicle when selling. AZ is NOT one of those states. So indeed if this was Alex’s vehicle (and @Jankee indicated it was) he had to have been the one to order the plates.

Selling Your Vehicle | ADOT

Does anyone know why cell coverage in Yellowstone is minimal? In this day and age it could be very helpful for search and rescue if nothing else. I know there might be environmental concerns and the desire to keep Yellowstone in its natural glory but towers can be placed inconspicuously. The value for S&R alone would be worth having some coverage.

My husband and I were talking about this last night. Every fall he takes a motorcycle trip with his buddies. They have gone through Yellowstone many times. He claims they almost always had phone reception. But they don't go off the beaten path or stray far from their babies (bikes).

Just a random thought: Tylee is so beautiful, but, the problem with having a narcissist mother, is lack of confidence. The narcissistic parent sees their children as extensions of themselves. If Tylee was not meeting the "expectation of perfection" as defined by the narcissistic parent, she was completely irrelevant.

MOO.

Does anyone know if Idaho has "Conspiracy to Commit Murder" laws ? Are penalties consistent with charges for murder? If so, it might not be necessary to have evidence of a party committing the actual murder(s); the person may only need to have committed acts they know are part of a plan to facilitate the murder and/or concealment of it and/or tampering with or destruction of evidence related to it.

I am only using this as an example because I didn't follow that case as closely, but in the Kelsey Berreth case, Krystal Kenney was from Idaho and she was charged in CO for her involvement (please correct me if I am wrong). I think the state that the crime occurred in has jurisdiction but I could be wrong, and there may be other ways that criminals could be prosecuted by the state they reside in. I would love some other input. I think that for the purpose of these current charges, the prosecution is going to stick very close to only the facts they need for these charges in order to avoid potentially contaminating the other investigations. MOO

Oh and every time I use a " , but" I get so self-conscious now!!!! I promise I am not CD!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl