Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm assuming it's still okay to post the FBI final photo of Tylee and JJ...
View attachment 237318

I've given this some thought, I think at first for many of us, the images brought up such strong feelings it was hard to really process what we saw/heard from the FBI post.

Another poster mentioned that this may have been a kind of "farewell" trip for Tylee, and I think that's a real possibility. Lori may even have told Tylee something like "your 17 now, and it's time you left the nest... took your next step, bla bla. She may have even guilted TR if she argued about leaving JJ, saying "we can no longer afford all these mouths to feed w/o CV's income, and your SSI death benefits ending next year"

That explains to me why she looked so bummed, and was clinging so tightly to JJ in the photo.... She was saying "Goodbye (maybe she thought temporarily)". She's looking dead into that picture. And, it's curious we only have one?? It's possible they took more that weren't released.. But that moment is important. If there ARE only the two pictures that's also very telling.... genuine sight seeing trips usually have tons.

As to the theory about another person being cut from the photo, I think it's more likely that Alex is speaking to someone just out of range of the camera. I think the FBI would have included the other person if there was one in that pic, if for no other reason then it could help the public identify the group. To me it does look like he's focusing on someone or something that we cannot see. Also JJ is focused intently on something or someone in that same general direction. JMO. To add to that theory, I went back and re-read the FBI's direct link, listen to how this part is worded: FBI, Rexburg Police Seek Images in Missing Children’s Case — FBI

Law enforcement is seeking photos and/or video that may have captured images of these persons and the vehicle, or images of crowds and other park visitors where these individuals may be present. The FBI has established a website for the public to upload photos and video at fbi.gov/rexburg.

That could be taken a few ways, IMO.

Last thing, I'm still not 100% that Tylee's remains are in Yellowstone... I know there is a search planned there, but as other posters here have mentioned, it's not the most ideal spot.... lot's of camera's/ visitors etc. Sadly, I do believe this trip spelled the end for Tylee though, very very sadly!!
MOO.
i have gone back and forth on this photo...my first reaction was that it was ill-centered.... they could have cropped it much closer to include both Tylee and JJ as well as Alex. But I then accepted the idea that they cut out a 'stranger' to make it more specific to "our people... but your comment is so valid as well.... "I think it's more likely that Alex is speaking to someone just out of range of the camera. I think the FBI would have included the other person if there was one in that pic, if for no other reason then it could help the public identify the group". This is really true, given the way I "would think" the FBI would think... still makes me wonder why they cropped it the way they did.
NO! Your opinion is needed, and appreciated! Don't just lurk....(I felt like doing that myself lastnight)

My feelings about ZP and a few others are that as soon as they are sited in a source agreeable to WS, they can and should be discussed. Her son for example, is the reason we have so many details on AC's death.

JMO.
or lack of son.... so confused.

New topic. Lori was telling everyone that Tylee was going to BYU. I wonder what she was telling Tylee? If Tylee was actually graduated from a homeschool program OR if she actually got her GED at age 16, was she expecting to go to college next? Did she have any career aspirations at all? Tylee is very intelligent. But I have yet to read anywhere what Tylee told others about her future plans and goals. What did she want to do with her life? What if Lori had been telling Tylee she could go to college if she moved to Rexburg and helped take care of JJ? I believe Sept 8th was right before BYU started a new semester. If Lori lied to Tylee about school, then Tylee would have found that out pretty soon. Could that explain the timing of the trip to Yellowstone? Most families I know take a last family vacation with their student before the send off to college. Maybe it was framed that way to Tylee-- that she would be busy studying soon and she wouldn't get to spend as much time with JJ, so why not take a fun trip to Yellowstone? I don't think Tylee knew she might not come home after that trip... MOO.

New topic. Lori was telling everyone that Tylee was going to BYU. I wonder what she was telling Tylee? If Tylee was actually graduated from a homeschool program OR if she actually got her GED at age 16, was she expecting to go to college next? Did she have any career aspirations at all? Tylee is very intelligent. But I have yet to read anywhere what Tylee told others about her future plans and goals. What did she want to do with her life? What if Lori had been telling Tylee she could go to college if she moved to Rexburg and helped take care of JJ? I believe Sept 8th was right before BYU started a new semester. If Lori lied to Tylee about school, then Tylee would have found that out pretty soon. Could that explain the timing of the trip to Yellowstone? Most families I know take a last family vacation with their student before the send off to college. Maybe it was framed that way to Tylee-- that she would be busy studying soon and she wouldn't get to spend as much time with JJ, so why not take a fun trip to Yellowstone? I don't think Tylee knew she might not come home after that trip... MOO.

I hadn't seen this before:

"Dawn Antestenis, a spokesperson for Gilbert Public Schools, told The Arizona Republic that Tylee was enrolled at Desert Ridge High School between Feb. 8, 2017, and March 23, 2017.

Terry Locke, director of community relations for Chandler Unified School District, told The Republic that Tylee was enrolled at Perry High School on March 28, 2017, and finished the school year there."

Is this when Tylee stopped attending school? Poor Tylee. She didn't seem to have much stability in her life.

New court records pinpoint the last days missing Idaho kids were seen

Last edited:
Okay, I'm assuming it's still okay to post the FBI final photo of Tylee and JJ...
View attachment 237318

I've given this some thought, I think at first for many of us, the images brought up such strong feelings it was hard to really process what we saw/heard from the FBI post.

Another poster mentioned that this may have been a kind of "farewell" trip for Tylee, and I think that's a real possibility. Lori may even have told Tylee something like "your 17 now, and it's time you left the nest... took your next step, bla bla. She may have even guilted TR if she argued about leaving JJ, saying "we can no longer afford all these mouths to feed w/o CV's income, and your SSI death benefits ending next year"

That explains to me why she looked so bummed, and was clinging so tightly to JJ in the photo.... She was saying "Goodbye (maybe she thought temporarily)". She's looking dead into that picture. And, it's curious we only have one?? It's possible they took more that weren't released.. But that moment is important. If there ARE only the two pictures that's also very telling.... genuine sight seeing trips usually have tons.

As to the theory about another person being cut from the photo, I think it's more likely that Alex is speaking to someone just out of range of the camera. I think the FBI would have included the other person if there was one in that pic, if for no other reason then it could help the public identify the group. To me it does look like he's focusing on someone or something that we cannot see. Also JJ is focused intently on something or someone in that same general direction. JMO. To add to that theory, I went back and re-read the FBI's direct link, listen to how this part is worded: FBI, Rexburg Police Seek Images in Missing Children’s Case — FBI

Law enforcement is seeking photos and/or video that may have captured images of these persons and the vehicle, or images of crowds and other park visitors where these individuals may be present. The FBI has established a website for the public to upload photos and video at fbi.gov/rexburg.

That could be taken a few ways, IMO.

Last thing, I'm still not 100% that Tylee's remains are in Yellowstone... I know there is a search planned there, but as other posters here have mentioned, it's not the most ideal spot.... lot's of camera's/ visitors etc. Sadly, I do believe this trip spelled the end for Tylee though, very very sadly!!
MOO.
so appreciate your depth here. i admit, I want to go back and study a bit more. but thanks......

This makes sense. If bail had been set for 10K then for $1,000 plus the amount for the ankle braclet, it probably still wouldn't be worth it, but I suspect Lori would think it was. For 100K, probably not, even if they have it. As it is she gets free room and board in a place with award-winning food service. :)

MOO[/QUOTE]
Chad has his marching orders, get her out by hook or by crook. They both likely thought $1m bail would be a breeze cuz they have a $100k spare lying around unspent, but oops need 900k more in property to back it up. Plus Chad’s likely bail +all those attorneys. Money flies fast when your having fun!

i keep questioning this. Even though I keep wanting to think that Charles was the "stable one" i do think he lived on the edge so wonder about any true financial assets, wealth. The businesses in Hawaii, the loans in Texas, always renting "big ticket" house rentals... I dunno... I think he was on the edge more than we want to think. But I have never questioned his love for JJ. Everything was different for him the last sad year of his life.
Wasn’t CV self employed? 401Ks are set up by employers for W-2 employees.

"Dawn Antestenis, a spokesperson for Gilbert Public Schools, told The Arizona Republic that Tylee was enrolled at Desert Ridge High School between Feb. 8, 2017, and March 23, 2017.

Terry Locke, director of community relations for Chandler Unified School District, told The Republic that Tylee was enrolled at Perry High School on March 28, 2017, and finished the school year there."

Is this when Tylee stopped attending school? Poor Tylee. She didn't seem to have much stability in her life.

Presumably she was going to school elsewhere (Hawaii?) the first part of that school year. But it looks like maybe she didn't attend at all after that then?

MOO

But they were only there since 2015...probably took a year to get eligible, and then only a few years on a librarians salary...cannot imagine it being worth very much
She was also a teacher in their former community.
Wasn’t CV self employed? 401Ks are set up by employers for W-2 employees.
I'm self-employed and have had a 401k for 30 years.
Also, he was a business owner (couldn't make payroll when Lori drained the bank account). It's likely his business offered such a perk. Anyway, I disagree that he wouldn't have a retirement account. And, even if Lori was not the "named" beneficiary, she still would be entitled to it as a spouse of 14 years.

Last edited:
I keep wondering why they all rushed to get married so fast. I know in some cases that the court can not force a spouse to testify against their wife/husband. I bet they all rushed to get married (LV, AC, MBP) so that their new spouses couldn’t be forced to testify against them. Because in my opinion only, they are all in on it somehow or another, including their new spouses (CD, ZP, IP). The FBI would not be there if federal charges were not coming. I can picture it now. You know how in a gangster movie they do a raid and you see them walking each key player out in handcuffs, that’s what I imagine this could end up looking like. I hope they get everyone involved and find out what happened to Tylee and J.J. because the kids and all the families involved deserve answers and justice! MOO

I am pretty sure there is no spousal privilege in this case. But these dopes probably thought there would be. Ha!

Yeah, That's basically what I was saying at the beginning of my post!! There is more information on Tylee's outlook/ struggles in Colby's longer FB interview with Justin Lum, here:
RAW INTERVIEW: Full 42 minutes with Colby Ryan

He talks about Tylee going through a rough patch about a yr. prior, and that he had been mentoring her.

Colby also said it was very strange that Tylee didn't tell him they were moving all the way to Idaho...?!

Anyway it's a good insight into her, and her personality.

As I said in my final photo post: My feelings are that Lori indeed let Tylee know this was a "farewell, time to fly the nest trip".... and even may have guilted her into it with their presumed financial situation, if, as I suspect Tylee would be reluctant to leave JJ....

I do think she thought she was headed to BYU after that trip, maybe with another "friend". This was the general lie Lori told at least a few people, and should anyone compare notes, I think she'd want them to line up. I really wish we knew more about who left that Park, and how they left.... Part of me wonders if it was only one of the supposed locations they planned to visit on that trip... And if there was a possibility someone took her from there to say..... the desert of AZ (another possible burial sit imo) for example.

I'm glad you're thinking about this too!!

MOO.

She was also a teacher in their former community.

I'm self-employed and have had a 401k for 30 years.
Also, he was a business owner (couldn't make payroll when Lori drained the bank account). It's likely his business offered such a perk. Anyway, I disagree that he wouldn't have a retirement account. Lori might not have been the "named" beneficiary, but she still would have been entitled to it as a spouse of 14 years.

Googled "self-employeed 401K" and learned something new. I had always thought a self-employeed person would have to make do with an IRA, but the self-employeed 401K is a good deal. Basically, if you want to, it can be as good or better than the best employer 401K.

From your link:

Melanie Gibb, Vallow's friend from Gilbert, told police Vallow said Tylee was attending classes at Brigham Young University-Idaho in Rexburg, however, the school told police she was never enrolled at any schools affiliated with BYU, court records said.

From your link:

Melanie Gibb, Vallow's friend from Gilbert, told police Vallow said Tylee was attending classes at Brigham Young University-Idaho in Rexburg, however, the school told police she was never enrolled at any schools affiliated with BYU, court records said.

And I think she reportedly told someone else that she was going to BYU-Hawaii. (Not sure about the main campus in Provo, Utah, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone else got that story.)

Presumably she was going to school elsewhere (Hawaii?) the first part of that school year. But it looks like maybe she didn't attend at all after that then?

MOO

I remember reading somewhere that Lori supposedly told people "Tylee had graduated early at 16"

and her BFF from the Facebook pictures said they had lost touch at around 10th grade... I wonder if she stopped attending then, and never actually did get a GED?

It would be pretty tough to be enrolled anywhere when your mom up and flies you off to HI for a month during the school year.

Time changes kill me. My body says it is 10:20 pm. My brain and my clock swear it is 11:20 pm.

I wonder how time changes work in prison, where time drags on any way? Did everyone get up at 2 am to change the institutional clock on the wall? Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64