Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boise State Public Radio News
@KBSX915

The case of two missing children in Idaho has garnered national attention. At noon on #IdahoMatters, we check in with reporter
@NateNewsNow
about the latest on the case, after the mother's arraignment on Friday. Stream here: http://bit.ly/2SiTuFS
12:54 PM · Mar 9, 2020

Boise State Public Radio News on Twitter

From the article

"Prosecutor Robert Wood said Vallow was a flight risk. He listed several reasons why, including that Vallow was already defying a court order to produce the children.

“The children are still missing. And the defendant has not only misled law enforcement in their efforts to find the children, but she has completely and utterly refused to aid in any attempts to find the children, even before the charges were filed,” said Wood.

Judge Faren Eddins reduced bail to $1 million dollars. In order to post bond, the judge said Vallow had to wear an ankle monitor and could not leave Bonneville, Madison, Jefferson and Fremont counties.

Vallow’s next court appearance will be a preliminary hearing, set for March 18."

During the 2007 cricket world cup, Bob Woolmer, Pakistan's coach, was found dead in his hotel room. The day before, Pakistan had lost, sensationally, to Ireland. These were the two facts everyone agreed on.

The news cycle didn't play out so quickly in 2007, and it took four days for the cause of death to go from "probable heart attack" to "suicide" to "murder." There were multiple theories about the identity of the murderer.

The most popular was that Woolmer had been accepting money to throw matches, and criminal betting syndicates had ordered his murder to keep him quiet. But there were many other theories. One was that he had been killed because he was an atheist and, as such, a terrible and blasphemous fit for Pakistan's team of devout Muslims. Another was more personal: he had been killed because the Pakistani team captain didn't like him. This last gained some traction because of some inconsistencies in the captain's statements.

As Guardian reporter Mark Townsend wrote a few months after Woolmer's death, it was a time when it felt like "anyone might have murdered" him because "there were many who wanted him dead." It was also a time, Townsend wrote, when "fact became rumor" and "rumor became fact."

Amidst all the drama and all the intrigue, the only explanation that seemed truly implausible was that Woolmer had died from natural causes. And yet . . .

That implausible explanation was the correct one. Three months after Woolmer died, a thorough autopsy revealed that there was no murder and no suicide. Woolmer, a diabetic with high blood pressure, had indeed died from natural causes.

This case is so crazy that it seems absurd to entertain ordinary explanations for any of it. But if we ever know what really happened, we will inevitably learn that some of the things that seemed so suspicious really weren't. We will discover coincidences that seem impossible now, but that's what they'll be. Alex's death may fall into this category. Tammy's might, too. Alex might really have shot Charles in self-defense. And this is the big stuff.

The little stuff is even easier to imagine as meaningless. Lori's courtroom smirk might be the product of nothing more than nerves. Same with her laugh after returning to the house where her brother had just shot her husband. And who knows what "That's great" means? My point is that none of these things are inherently suspicious in and of themselves. It's only when we look through the prism of presumed guilt that every one of them turns sinister.

In the absence of proof, I think it's worth looking at the things that are strange and disturbing, however you slice and dice them. One is Chad's hasty remarriage after his wife of decades died suddenly. This is off. At a minimum, it is evidence of an inappropriate and unacknowledged relationship with Lori that overlapped with his marriage to Tammy. Another thing that is just off is Chad telling LE that he didn't know Lori (now his wife) very well and didn't have her phone number. This is a seemingly trivial detail, but it reveals how desperate he was to mislead the police. It was the action of a man who has something serious to hide. All the lies Chad and Lori told about the whereabouts and even the existence of Tylee and JJ are also things that I don't think you can explain away. In my view, there is no plausible explanation for these lies that isn't extremely disturbing.

There is one incident that has haunted me from the first time I read about it, and I haven't put it in either of the above categories. And that's the "attack" (?) on Tammy by the man (?) with a paint gun (?) just days before her shocking death. On the one hand, it would seem like a pretty clear-cut case of something that was probably sinister but not necessarily (it could have been a prank). But the remoteness of the Daybell house and the absence of any reports of similar pranks in the neighborhood make me wonder if perhaps it should go into that second category: things for which there can be no innocent explanation.

I don't know. But either way, I feel like if we knew who that paint gun shooter was, then the rest of the case would come into view and long-protected secrets would at last be revealed.

MOO
Thank you!
I agree with you—often the simplest explanation is what happened. Especially with these two. They do not plan ahead. Lori creates chaos and then flees. She is sly, but I don’t think she is the brightest bulb on the porch. Her modus operandi has been to do something awful and then act like it never happened and most important stay under the radar. It’s the media attention that has thwarted her business as usual.

I agree, something horrible has happened to the kids, Charles and probably Tammy. Who knows with all the other stuff? I may have to eat my words, but I don’t think there is a shadow doomsday cult pulling levers behind the scenes. I don’t think this has anything to do with fringe LDS beliefs. It’s Lori’s show.

Simple leads me to believe that the kids are dead. There is not a compelling story that explains why they would be alive and hidden somewhere. Every explanation for the kids being kept I have heard is too convoluted or makes no sense. Lori wanted them gone and she made it happen. No FLDS or remote prepper compounds.

I wonder if the bond companies might STILL refuse to cover her bond, even if the "followers and friends" DID put up the $1 million. They are not obligated to accept a bond, are they? I'm also wondering if Lori is surprised about this.
Good question! I don't think they are required. JMO. I'm going to guess the bail bondsmen know that if she has 0% concern about her missing children and the pile of other deaths left in her trail, she will likely have 0% concern whether or not the people (who put up assets to secure the bond) lose their homes when she fails to appear. MOO

If this question is out-of-bounds, somebody tell me, and I'll do a quick-delete....

In "looking up all the players" on the periphery of this case, has anyone come across one with a criminal history, or maybe just someone with the same name who has a criminal history? Someone who is not a named suspect or victim and therefore not on the list of people we can really talk about (at this point)... ?

I don't think we could bring that person up if one or more existed. I think we can't dig into people and discuss it here unless the people are the perps and the source is approved. At least that's how i understand the TOS...but maybe a mod could jump in here.

Good question! I don't think they are required. JMO. I'm going to guess the bail bondsmen know that if she has 0% concern about her missing children and the pile of other deaths left in her trail, she will likely have 0% concern whether or not the people (who put up assets to secure the bond) lose their homes when she fails to appear. MOO
Yes agreed. I like how he points out that if the bond company can not find her for six months... they owe the court $1 million dollars. Makes sense when you think of it like that!

Am I the only one finding comfort when this man said "I don't think there's a bonding agency in the country that would underwrite her bail"?
The paranoia that LVD must be feeling..."why can't Chad get the assets together to get me out? Is he having 2nd thoughts? My lawyers said to be patient..are they lying to me?", etc. JMO

Yes agreed. I like how he points out that if the bond company can not find her for six months... they owe the court $1 million dollars. Makes sense when you think of it like that!
Plus, during that six months, the bond company would have to be using their own resources to try to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl