Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is she entitled to any discovery regarding death investigations and autopsy results. She hasn’t been charged with anything related to those cases.

Several of us here have this same question. Can someone with legal background explain if Lori and her attorney are entitled to evidence related to her involvement in any of these deaths?

Why is she entitled to any discovery regarding death investigations and autopsy results. She hasn’t been charged with anything related to those cases.

Several of us here have this same question. Can someone with legal background explain if Lori and her attorney are entitled to evidence related to her involvement in any of these deaths?

Anything related to the “bigger picture” of why LE thinks Lori disappeared the kids, or related to whatever tale Lori’s lawyer plans to spin, is discoverable.

For example, if TD was murdered, that’s obviously relevant to the missing kids. Perhaps the kids are missing because Lori wanted to marry Chad without extra baggage.

That's what I would like to lnow?
Wow, never knew that, but it.justs seems to muddy up the waters, I mean it seems like defense wants to know what the state has relating to future charges, they want everything but the kitchen sink, didn't the state already give them the discovery they had originally asked for?

Wow, never knew that, but it.justs seems to muddy up the waters, I mean it seems like defense wants to know what the state has relating to future charges, they want everything but the kitchen sink, didn't the state already give them the discovery they had originally asked for?
They did give them discovery and said that it would be supplemented by additional material as it becomes available. But I don't know if that referred to things she hasn't been charged with.

I wonder what was Tylee's plan. She had finished high school, what was she supposed to do next?
I think for the time being she was being the mom. It was Tylee who asked the police officer about arrangements for JJ if Lori went to the psych evaluation, not Lori. It was Tylee who said Lori needed to listen to the officer's explanation. And it was Tylee who said to her friend she was leaving AZ and going to Idaho because of JJ. Tylee who was upset about Bailey being left behind, Tylee who was hugging JJ at Yellowstone and supervising JJ playing outside in Rexburg.

I don't think they are POIs as such. We are allowed to sleuth only police appointed POIs.

I would say that's a definite no.

While Lori and her attorney have described them as such (spuriously imo), persons of interest for our purposes are any designated as such by law enforcement agencies.

Those people are very much her victims, imo.

moo
Well, shucks. :oops: Kind of figured, but thought I’d ask. :) Thank you for the responses!

This immediately jumped out at me, as I was reading through all of this. I am confused why all of this is being asked for, since this has nothing to do with the missing kids. This looks like a misdirection to me.

Would the state be required to release this info. that is not related to the charges, or could they tell defense to go suck an egg?

I am purely speculating, but I have a hunch I might be right. To frame this right, remember when:

- CV caught Lori sending TD a letter that supposedly came from him, using his computer that was at home.

- Also, remember how Lori accused him of cheating, this is why she claimed she kicked him out.

Now, who's to say Lori didn't set up a few "fake dating accounts" for Charles, and pretended to be him. So having her lawyer asking for this info. would then make a lot of sense.

She would play the "victim card", and say that he is a bad man, he was even cheating on her. I assume she thinks that this would drum up sympathy from the jury. I am willing to bet, she makes sure that her lawyer tries to pick women that have been cheated on to end up in the jury.

She obviously would also know that they will definitely find this digital trail, because she was the one that actually created it. Bonus, CV is dead so he can't refute it even if he wanted to. The only other potential witnesses are the kids, they are conveniently missing too.

If I am right, she is a very evil women. JMO

MOO
This does bring up an interesting plan for her.

@Anonymous 91: Now, who's to say Lori didn't set up a few "fake dating accounts" for Charles, and pretended to be him.

Since, we know that LE has pretty good access to digital trailing, perhaps her lawyer could also get digital trailing of said dating site, and even access to potential people Charles could have been in touch with so she could do the victim blame game. But on the flip side.... so could /should the the prosecution digital trail....for better or for worse. But then again, her current charges have nothing to do with Charles.

CV found an email written to CD by LVD using a fake account pretending to be CV, right? Then CV forwarded that email to AdC and said that it wasn't written by him and he had found TD email info and was going to tell her.
Or did I miss an email that was sent to TD from a fake CV account??

That is on commonality I can find. Those are people who have publicly spoken out against CD and LVD. Do they need to see all the evidence to line her story up? It still doesn't make sense why some other common names were not mentioned. SS hasn't said anything or even been seen without ZP, yet SS was mentioned. Also, there is name on there that I have I am not sure how she is related to this case and I am wondering if it is okay we ask about them on here???
I am wondering too. Is it ok to discuss? Don't we consider Justin Lum to be MSM?

I am wondering too. Is it ok to discuss? Don't we consider Justin Lum to be MSM?
Yes, he is part of MSM. Justin works for Fox 10 Phoenix.

We can discuss what has been mentioned in MSM, but we can't introduce new info that we found about non-POIs on SM if it's not coming from police or MSM people.

Last edited:
Wow. A couple interesting things said. Especially when Kay says (@2:05) she assumes Tammy was poisoned cause it was something “they liked to do” and Lori had talked about poisons for years. Didn’t know that. Makes me wonder who “they” are and who they have liked to poison before. I would love to know what all Kay really knows. Obviously more than we’ve been told. I hope they keep interviewing her so we can get more tidbits. MOO

Here's the results of my "follow the money" activity for the period around February 2019 when Lori cleaned out the house and bank account. There are lots of questions and loose ends remaining. The material is relevant as it pertains to motive. I have omitted specific names and addresses which are not pertinent. If a mod wants further detail for any reason they can message me.

Business:

Charles and Lori controlled a business entity called "R.I.T.E. Planning Group." It had a (now defunct) website www.riteplanninggroup.com and email addresses. It evidently had a bank account separate from the couple's personal accounts. I can find no registrations for any LLC, LP, or business license for an entity of this name in Hawaii, California, Arizona or Texas. Ditto for business entities listing Charles Vallow as principal, or personal licenses, with one exception (see below).

Charles Vallow was engaged in the selling of annuities. Annuities are a complex and somewhat controversial financial instrument akin to life insurance. Charles was probably a "Managing General Agent" for the annuity company, which meant he ran a number of lower-level agents and was entitled to a cut of their commissions.

The company Charles sold for has an on-line commission FAQ that describes how commissions were spread over time: 3/4 immediately, 1/8 after a year, and the final 1/8 after two years. Commissions were large, and there is no mention of a salary or "draw" to level out the income of salespeople.

The only official license I have located for Charles Vallow is a California license to sell life insurance. The R.I.T.E. website states that they do business in California, and the mainland phone number on that site is registered to an Orange County provider. Charles's divorce petition states that Lori's action prevented payment owed to "contracted representatives in California," and that the Orange County Sheriff's Office was was involved. An email from one of these individuals was made public by MSM and the sender is based in Orange County. This leaves open the question of why Charles was taking business trips to Houston, where he apparently had no license to operate.

House:

The Chandler, AZ house was rented around mid-February 2017 for a listed cost of $4000 per month. It has 5 bedrooms and 5 baths around an indoor pool and is currently given a Zillow value of over $1 million.

It appears that it was rented furnished because there are no MSM reports of anybody arriving with a moving van. This is consistent with the family's lifestyle, which consisted of moving from rental property to rental property.

If the house was on a yearly lease, then the lease would be up in February 2019. This might explain why there have been no reports of the owner complaining about the house having been abruptly abandoned by its residents at that time. The upcoming expiration of the lease (if such is the case) and requirement to move could have been a source of stress on the family.

Cars:

Silver Ford F-150 Pickup, AZ license CPQUINT. I now believe that this was indeed the truck that Charles mentions in his divorce petition as having been taken from the airport by Lori, and was later commandeered rather than owned by Alex Cox. Charles bore more than a passing resemblance to the actor Robert Shaw, which would explain the plates. If this truck was instead really owned by Alex Cox then there is a second F-150 associated with the family that has not been mentioned anywhere I can find, and whose present location is unknown. The question can only be resolved by someone with access to AZ DMV records. The truck now appears to be in the possession of law enforcement.

Black Infiniti Qx70 SUV, license unknown. This appears to have been Lori's primary vehicle in Arizona. This is the vehicle that Lori said she was driving when interviewed by the Gilbert police on 31 January 2019. A lapel video just shows the rear of a black Infiniti SUV in the garage of the house where Charles was shot on 11 July 2019. Disposition of this vehicle is unknown. It is possible that the Infiniti was leased, and was turned in or repossessed.

Dark Green Jeep Wrangler, TX license LWD0997 (variously described as Dark Grey or Black). This vehicle has been described in various accounts as "Tylee's Jeep." If it was, it could not have been driven by her earlier than her 16th birthday on Sept. 24th, 2018. I have no explanation why the Jeep has Texas plates when Tylee was an Arizona resident at the time. This vehicle was identified as being involved in the shooting attempt on BB. It was later driven by someone to Rexburg and impounded by police there.

Overall Impression:

The remarkable thing about this family is their lack of visible assets. Nothing like home equity, mutual fund accounts, or income property seems to have surfaced in all this time. It is possible that they did live hand to mouth, or perhaps had assets that are yet undiscovered.

Last edited:
Thank you! I will delete my post.
No worries. It may answer the question for others who are reading, so I don't think you should delete.
Here's the results of my "follow the money" activity for the period around February 2019 when Lori cleaned out the house and bank account. There are lots of questions and loose ends remaining. The material is relevant as it pertains to motive. I have omitted specific names and addresses which are not pertinent. If a mod wants further detail for any reason they can message me.

Business:

Charles and Lori controlled a business entity called "R.I.T.E. Planning Group." It had a (now defunct) website www.riteplanninggroup.com and email addresses. It evidently had a bank account separate from the couple's personal accounts. I can find no registrations for any LLC, LP, or business license for an entity of this name in Hawaii, California, Arizona or Texas. Ditto for business entities listing Charles Vallow as principal, or personal licenses, with one exception (see below).

Charles Vallow was engaged in the selling of annuities. Annuities are a complex and somewhat controversial financial instrument akin to life insurance. Charles was probably a "Managing General Agent" for the annuity company, which meant he ran a number of lower-level agents and was entitled to a cut of their commissions.

The company Charles sold for has an on-line commission FAQ that describes how commissions were spread over time: 3/4 immediately, 1/8 after a year, and the final 1/8 after two years. Commissions were large, and there is no mention of a salary or "draw" to level out the income of salespeople.

The only official license I have located for Charles Vallow is a California license to sell life insurance. The R.I.T.E. website states that they do business in California, and the mainland phone number on that site is registered to an Orange County provider. Charles's divorce petition states that Lori's action prevented payment owed to "contracted representatives in California," and that the Orange County Sheriff's Office was was involved. An email from one of these individuals was made public by MSM and the sender is based in Orange County. This leaves open the question of why Charles was taking business trips to Houston, where he apparently had no license to operate.

House:

The Chandler, AZ house was rented around mid-February 2017 for a listed cost of $4000 per month. It has 5 bedrooms and 5 baths around an indoor pool and is currently given a Zillow value of over $1 million.

It appears that it was rented furnished because there are no MSM reports of anybody arriving with a moving van. This is consistent with the family's lifestyle, which consisted of moving from rental property to rental property.

If the house was on a yearly lease, then the lease would be up in February 2019. This might explain why there have been no reports of the owner complaining about the house having been abruptly abandoned by its residents at that time. The upcoming expiration of the lease (if such is the case) and requirement to move could have been a source of stress on the family.

Cars:

Silver Ford F-150 Pickup, AZ license CPQUINT. I now believe that this was indeed the truck that Charles mentions in his divorce petition as having been taken from the airport by Lori, and was later commandeered rather than owned by Alex Cox. Charles bore more than a passing resemblance to the actor Robert Shaw, which would explain the plates. If this truck was instead really owned by Alex Cox then there is a second F-150 associated with the family that has not been mentioned anywhere I can find, and whose present location is unknown. The question can only be resolved by someone with access to AZ DMV records. The truck now appears to be in the possession of law enforcement.

Black Infiniti Qx70 SUV, license unknown. This appears to have been Lori's primary vehicle in Arizona. This is the vehicle that Lori said she was driving when interviewed by the Gilbert police on 31 January 2019. A lapel video just shows the rear of a black Infiniti SUV in the garage of the house where Charles was shot on 11 July 2019. Disposition of this vehicle is unknown. It is possible that the Infiniti was leased, and was turned in or repossessed.

Dark Green Jeep Wrangler, TX license LWD0997 (variously described as Dark Grey or Black). This vehicle has been described in various accounts as "Tylee's Jeep." If it was, it could not have been driven by her earlier than her 16th birthday on Sept. 24th, 2018. I have no explanation why the Jeep has Texas plates when Tylee was an Arizona resident at the time. This vehicle was identified as being involved in the shooting attempt on BB. It was later driven by someone to Rexburg and impounded by police there.

Overall Impression:

The remarkable thing about this family is their lack of visible assets. Nothing like home equity, mutual fund accounts, or income property seems to have surfaced in all this time. It is possible that they did live hand to mouth, or perhaps had assets that are yet undiscovered.
On the day that Charles was killed, Alex said to the officer that the truck was his in the driveway, IIRC. So, was it still registered to Charles then? I thought LVD hid CV's truck, hence the reason he got a rental. Does anyone else remember hearing this on the bodycam video? JMO, MOO

No worries. It may answer the question for others who are reading, so I don't think you should delete.

On the day that Charles was killed, Alex said to the officer that the truck was his in the driveway, IIRC. So, was it still registered to Charles then? I thought LVD hid CV's truck, hence the reason he got a rental. Does anyone else remember hearing this on the bodycam video? JMO, MOO

I believe he said he was driving it, not that he owned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness